Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very encouraging NFL.com story on Gore & Colts running game...

NewColtsFan

The story is all about the Colts.....    I think you'll be very pleased with what you read....

My question is can Gore get 1400 yards this season. I believe he can but probably won't need to. With all the weapens we have on offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503718/article/frank-gore-set-up-for-smashing-success-with-colts

I'm expecting somewhere between 900-1000 yards and I think we'll be fine.

I also think whoever our back-up is will also have a solid year....    something in the neighborhood of 500-600 yards.

That leaves room for a few carries and decent yards for Luck and a 3rd RB.

I think our offense will get about 125 yards rushing a game......     and that will be a huge help to our offense....    :thmup:

fgbeast.0.gif

He's so much better than any back we've had the past 7-8 years, and really, going back to Edge. This is probably the biggest upgrade we made this year.

you feel bad for the two chargers that got layed out haha

fgbeast.0.gif

He's so much better than any back we've had the past 7-8 years, and really, going back to Edge. This is probably the biggest upgrade we made this year.

Not that this isnt great running by Gore (because it is), but this play is slightly misleading. Those two Chargers that both get laid out went for the big hit and didnt stick to the tackling fundamentals of wrap him up and get around his knees. They both hit him from opposite sides at almost the same time, essentailly cancelling eachother out and Gore just keeps on rolling because no one went to wrap him up. He makes a great stiff arm and then elusive juke later on down the run, but those intial tackles he breaks through are on the tacklers using bad fundamentals.

Not that this isnt great running by Gore (because it is), but this play is slightly misleading. Those two Chargers that both get laid out went for the big hit and didnt stick to the tackling fundamentals of wrap him up and get around his knees. They both hit him from opposite sides at almost the same time, essentailly cancelling eachother out and Gore just keeps on rolling because no one went to wrap him up. He makes a great stiff arm and then elusive juke later on down the run, but those intial tackles he breaks through are on the tacklers using bad fundamentals.

Oh Dear God...

I love Frank Gore, and I am glad that people are positive, but he is going to have to pretty much do it by himself on the ground.  I remember Pats fans after our draft say it was like putting whipped cream on poop.  We are going to have to have guys step up big time.

Yes but we have to ask ourselves if any of the most recent backs we've had on this roster would have ended up in the enzone on that play?  Of course the answer is no. Gore gives us a guy who can take advantage of defenders who are bad tacklers.  The guys we've had before couldn't even do that.

Yes but we have to ask ourselves if any of the most recent backs we've had on this roster would have ended up in the enzone on that play? Of course the answer is no. Gore gives us a guy who can take advantage of defenders who are bad tacklers. The guys we've had before couldn't even do that.

Boom had a few missed tackles, just his problem is he misses the ball from time to time. Hopefully Gore can teach him a thing or two about ball security this year

I'm expecting somewhere between 900-1000 yards and I think we'll be fine.

I also think whoever our back-up is will also have a solid year....    something in the neighborhood of 500-600 yards.

That leaves room for a few carries and decent yards for Luck and a 3rd RB.

I think our offense will get about 125 yards rushing a game......     and that will be a huge help to our offense....    :thmup:

Thanks, NCF! An unexpected shot in the arm. Makes my small queasiness about the OL feel a lot bettter, especially over 4 yards per carry if the name is _not_ T-Rich. Slithering Frank should expound on that stat much more I'm hoping.