Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to STAND tall against "one" of the BIG boys...

bluephantom87

I think this is a big game for the Colts. In the last few weeks slow starts and SLOPPY play have become the norm against some bad teams (making our defense look above average) with subpar qbs. (the Texans played a 3rd STRING ROOKIE) Yes the Colts won another division title in the very weak afc south but can they make a deep run in the post season? At this point I don't think so. As the hc it's Chuck's job to game plan week to week and put the BEST personnel on the field to win games PERIOD!! Not a fan of Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick but I do respect the fact (as stated by their former players) that they will sit you down REGARDLESS of contract if your play isn't BETTER than the man BEHIND you and the scheme will match the talent.  I still remember last year when emerging star TY was on the bench so Stanley could start at the fb position for the run first power game with the shaky o-line. Serious?  Having Trent START and HOPING he can give you a 4yd run every blue moon is getting hard to watch. (at least early in the season Trent saw some daylight with the screen pass) Boom brings burst and ENERGY!! Seeing Reggie not at 100% but going against opposing teams top or 2nd best corner is hurting too. Put Reggie in the slot and START Moncrief along with TY on the outside. What happened to the no huddle? Chuck is a serviceable coach if you have a franchise qb and play in a week division but he is NOT a DIFFERENCE maker!! I hope Rex is an option as dc when the season is over because Greg Mac is ok but NOT the answer ESPECIALLY against the elite offenses of Super Bowl caliber teams. (his past firings as dc are a tribute to that) Hopefully the Colts can pull out a win against the Cowboys minus DeMarco and gain some momentum for the playoffs.

Some of the personnel management by this coaching staff is baffling to say the least.  From Shipley, to Monrcrief, to TR, they have consistently refused to place the most effective players on the field in key situations.  This game will speak volumes as to whether we can get past the first round of the playoffs.

If we lose this one, odds are we are one and done.  Win, and we might build some confidence that we can play with the big boys.

I managed to get my tickets to the game, so I'll be there in person to see them fly high with success or crash to the Earth in a flaming mass of molten metal.

I think this is a big game for the Colts. In the last few weeks slow starts and SLOPPY play have become the norm against some bad teams (making our defense look above average) with subpar qbs. (the Texans played a 3rd STRING ROOKIE) Yes the Colts won another division title in the very weak afc south but can they make a deep run in the post season? At this point I don't think so. As the hc it's Chuck's job to game plan week to week and put the BEST personnel on the field to win games PERIOD!! Not a fan of Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick but I do respect the fact (as stated by their former players) that they will sit you down REGARDLESS of contract if your play isn't BETTER than the man BEHIND you and the scheme will match the talent.  I still remember last year when emerging star TY was on the bench so Stanley could start at the fb position for the run first power game with the shaky o-line. Serious?  Having Trent START and HOPING he can give you a 4yd run every blue moon is getting hard to watch. (at least early in the season Trent saw some daylight with the screen pass) Boom brings burst and ENERGY!! Seeing Reggie not at 100% but going against opposing teams top or 2nd best corner is hurting too. Put Reggie in the slot and START Moncrief along with TY on the outside. What happened to the no huddle? Chuck is a serviceable coach if you have a franchise qb and play in a week division but he is NOT a DIFFERENCE maker!! I hope Rex is an option as dc when the season is over because Greg Mac is ok but NOT the answer ESPECIALLY against the elite offenses of Super Bowl caliber teams. (his past firings as dc are a tribute to that) Hopefully the Colts can pull out a win against the Cowboys minus DeMarco and gain some momentum for the playoffs.

I have a library card, sorry I don't need a book to read. Is this a thread or a rant?

Some of the personnel management by this coaching staff is baffling to say the least.  From Shipley, to Monrcrief, to TR, they have consistently refused to place the most effective players on the field in key situations.  This game will speak volumes as to whether we can get past the first round of the playoffs.

If we lose this one, odds are we are one and done.  Win, and we might build some confidence that we can play with the big boys.

I managed to get my tickets to the game, so I'll be there in person to see them fly high with success or crash to the Earth in a flaming mass of molten metal.

I agree. Take Boom for instance. He should start PERIOD! I'm not saying Trent should not play at all but I think the 2yd and a cloud of dust EARLY in games CONTRIBUTE to the slow starts. Before last week Nicks hadn't produced anything to this point to justify being on the field. Though NOT dynamic, at least Whalen moved the chains when playing wr. Nicks seems slow on his cuts and has NOT been getting any separation. Adding to that is Reggie playing hurt getting NO separation (notice the big SLOW lb covering Reggie step for step on the deep pass in the Texan game?) and having trouble catching or holding on to the ball. Moncrief is a PLAYMAKER who needs to be on the field EARLY to create matchup problems along with TY for opposing defenses. With a 10-4 record and BEATING some GOOD TEAMS on the ROAD I would consider the Cowboys to be one of the big boys this season. (they still have a shot to have one of the top two seeds in the nfc) They definitely are NOT the Jags or Titans!

All of these "elite" or "big boy" claims are merely an opinion on your perspective.  Indy or Dallas could win the SB, but are they favored?  NO!  I would say the top 2 teams from each confrence would only be elite if that's how you want to define it.  Packers aren't winning their divison, how are they elite?  Seahawks aren't either, how are they elite?  But somehow Dallas who IS (with the arguably the best RB & WR in the game, and a QB playing great), can't be considered elite?  Doesn't make sense.  Teams change from week to week, so you can't just claim they're elite because they've won # of games straight, or say a team isn't because they lost a game or two recently...

IMO Patriots and Broncos are the only AFC team you can put in that category, and (BOLD STATEMENT) I don't think there is an elite team in the NFC, YET!  Divisions are too close to say 1 team is distinctively better than another.  Green Bay Vs Detroit  Seattle Vs. Arizona (I think Seattle is a bit overrated, but probably the better team.  Arizona is way overatted, but the ball rolled their way this year).  Dallas and Philidelphia are also too close to crown one team. 

I guess we will see once the playoffs start.  That is the true indicator of who is elite!

Dallas is 28th in sacks but only because they had 4 last week......we may not be elite but neither are they.....if Dallas generates pressure against our subpar line they will win....if Dallas does not generate pressure.....Luck will put a lot of points on the scoreboard and the Colts will have a good chance to win.....either way the game will not be decided by what fans on this board think.

Dallas is pretty good but I wouldn't call them a "big boy"

i agree,  weak schuele, 2 playoffs games in 12 years. I'm gonna take the percentages of the better Teams/games we play this year and lost.Philly close, Denver close,NE not so close We are due to win one now.  And think we will.

Dallas is pretty good but I wouldn't call them a "big boy"

OTOH, the Cowboy fan doesn't even think we're pretty good, let alone a big boy. Because we beat Jaguar's but lost to Denver.  Beat the Titans, lost to Philly.  Beat the Texans, lost to Steelers... beat Browns... lost to Patriots.

See how that works?

I hope we are ready/  Tired of us being looked at as beneficiary of AFC South status only...

OTOH, the Cowboy fan doesn't even think we're pretty good, let alone a big boy. Because we beat Jaguar's but lost to Denver.  Beat the Titans, lost to Philly.  Beat the Texans, lost to Steelers... beat Browns... lost to Patriots.

See how that works?

I hope we are ready/  Tired of us being looked at as beneficiary of AFC South status only...

Well our play on the field this year makes it's difficult to argue against this point.  Look at what QBs we have beat this year.  The list is pathetic.