•  

Photo

Ryan Grigson "Nathan Palmer is as explosive of a receiver we got"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#81 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1007 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that?

The practice of Reggie always being on the left and the other WR always being on the right went out the window when Arians arrived.   It's been my read of things here that most people liked that change and perhaps, so did Reggie.   He lines up all over the place.    I hope, and expect that to continue.

Before Arians Reggie lined up on the left the overwhelmingly majority of the time.  And even though he went in motion a lot this year and ended up various places he started on the left a lot.  I also said later in that post that I'm sure they will all move around some seeing as who they are all of similar size.  But just lining up in a basic formation that's where I see them lining up.  Of course not many of us know what Hamilton will do just yet.  Probably you better than anybody, but it was just my guess

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 RomanianColtsFan

RomanianColtsFan
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I  On Kris Adams, I could have sworn I seen a Kris Adams was signed to a future contract by another team in the last week. Maybe there are 2 guys with the same name though. Seems like it was the Jets maybe?

http://www.kffl.com/...uture-contracts

#83 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13138 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Per Rotoworld.

Colts GM Ryan Grigson called WR Nathan Palmer "about as explosive a receiver we have."
It's high praise with T.Y. Hilton on the roster. Palmer was plucked off the 49ers' practice squad in September and appeared in five games, registering just one catch. At 5-foot-11, 195, he caught 47 passes for 695 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior at Northern Illinois in 2011. With Donnie Avery and Austin Collie set for free agency, Palmer will compete for an increased role in 2013.
Source: colts.com Jan 19 - 6:39 PM

I have paid no attention to him....but Grigson's quote is intriguing

but ...looking at his background.the 49ers thought highly of him..

..and he's run a 4.3 40

I want us to maximize our strength..which is our passing....

We need a stable of speedy receivers.....we have the tight ends and the posession guy in Reggie

Indoor teams have to have an arsenal

#84 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13281 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Why, do you want to fill a spot on IR with him?

He was great a few years ago...but has been hurt too much the last two years.  Time to move on.

I say we give him one more chance.  If he can come back and stay healthy, there is no harm in keeping him.  If he comes back and gets hurt, I think we should let him explore other opportunities.  Plus, he can't really pressure us into giving him a huge contract since he has been so hurt.  We give him a 1 year, vet minimum contract with the smallest possible cap hit and see what he can do.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#85 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2473 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I don't give myself a false hope until I actually see a receiver prove himself on the field on a consistent basis.
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#86 IrishColt22

IrishColt22
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Ya whats the story with brazill. After reggies comments in preseason i thought he would be given a bigger role like Ty. Hope he comes good I loved his tape from college

#87 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

I like our current situation at WR, with Wayne, Hilton, and Brazill, but I think we should at least inquire about Bowe, among others. Also, I'd like to give Marquis Maze a shot at least in preseason. He can be a second route runner type player we are missing, and I still think he can be a solid NFL receiver.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#88 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6594 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

NO WAY...DUDE!I'm not comfortable with that AT ALL!If we go into 2013 with that heap of craptastic WR CORE,i'm not gonna' be happy.We need edelman...like ASAP!!!

I don't think Edelman is a need but he's a very solid player. We need another player that has done it before. That's why I'd like to see Collie back or even sign Edelman. If not we need someone like those two. Whalen is is still a question mark and at this point I want a proven player that won't break the bank.

#89 ED29_1659yards

ED29_1659yards
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Per Rotoworld.

Colts GM Ryan Grigson called WR Nathan Palmer "about as explosive a receiver we have."
It's high praise with T.Y. Hilton on the roster. Palmer was plucked off the 49ers' practice squad in September and appeared in five games, registering just one catch. At 5-foot-11, 195, he caught 47 passes for 695 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior at Northern Illinois in 2011. With Donnie Avery and Austin Collie set for free agency, Palmer will compete for an increased role in 2013.
Source: colts.com Jan 19 - 6:39 PM

Self Quote from January 3 2013: Priority 1 - BUILDING/INCREASING TEAM CHEMISTRY

"We don't need Mike Wallace!!! (Remember, C.Pagano's words "Let's build a monster"...why would we pay M.Wallace to potientially come in and rip the locker room apart. Mike wants money!!! Forget that! If speed is what you want, let's get N.Palmer in the rotation, and trade or work a deal to bring Chris Owusu."[Merge] (Chemistry - Cheaper to grab Owusu, than it is to keep Collie)

Coltz H O F Running Backz

WORK*HORSE - Horses, or "Machines", that perform dependably under heavy or prolonged use.

#90 ADayWithoutRain

ADayWithoutRain
  • Banned
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I don't think Edelman is a need but he's a very solid player. We need another player that has done it before. That's why I'd like to see Collie back or even sign Edelman. If not we need someone like those two. Whalen is is still a question mark and at this point I want a proven player that won't break the bank.

I prefer edelman over collie(collie has talent,but the injuries are taking a toll.The one positive about his knee injury is the fact,he may fully recover from 'CS').I think both players will be much cheaper than a welker,bowe or wallace.I don't think the talent dropoff is as much as many believe(on this board).The one great aspect about him(edelman)is the versatility.We're an organization constantly moving guys' to the 'IR',so edelman can contribute(wr,rb,qb,st,cb) in many ways,if need be.I would be thrilled with his addition!

#91 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2581 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Grigson is pumping this little feller up to trade him for a 2nd.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (9)
View All Updates