Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady record watch

Snowglobe

Tom Brady needs:

4 TDs to tie Joe Montana for most all time, 5 to break

226 yards to tie Brett Favre for most all time, 227 to break

A win for most SB appearances in NFL history by a QB (6)

2 TD passes in the SB (if he advances) to tie Montana for most all time, 3 to break

Already holds:

Most wins

Most attempts (playoffs)

Most attempts (SB)

Most completions (playoffs)

Most completions (SB)

Most yards (SB)

Most game winning drives

Coming up next year:

Most AFCCG appearances(8) (currently tied with Montana @ 7)

Most SB wins (5)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your obsession with trying to get patriot love on a colts board? Are you that insecure that you need every fan base to fawn over your team

This is the NFL general section, FYI there are other long time pats fans on here. Don't like it? Don't post/read the thread.

Tom Brady needs:

I can think of a few other ways of finishing that sentence if you would like.

Why would you want to come on here and post this, you're making me :barf: .

Never mind, that question answers itself. :atroll: 

What does breaking records have to do with 2 super bowl losses?
And what does your opinion have to do with Manning on a Colts forum? Yet you post threads anti Manning then turn around and post threads on records you pick and choose to try and make Brady look better.. pendulum swings both ways.

Bad timing on your part IMO.. I dont know too many folks on here that give a rats behind on what records Brady has. If your attempting to make an argument that Brady is the GOAT and better than Montana, your wasting your time. Beating a dead horse..

And what does your opinion have to do with Manning on a Colts forum? Yet you post threads anti Manning then turn around and post threads on records you pick and choose to try and make Brady look better.. pendulum swings both ways.

Bad timing on your part IMO.. I dont know too many folks on here that give a rats behind on what records Brady has. If your attempting to make an argument that Brady is the GOAT and better than Montana, your wasting your time. Beating a dead horse..

Forgot something Broncolt  :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: Just helping you out friend.  :)

49-12 vs the Jets and Brady is still on the field throwing the ball.

It's not against the rules, but Brady sure does like to pad his stats once he finds a team he can beat. The year he threw 50 touchdowns he ran up the score on a few teams. Cassel had 7 passes that season as his back up.

The year Peyton threw 49 touchdowns he rode the bench after the first series in the final game. Getting a record in the actual course of a game is better then getting a record by putting up 50 points on a team that can't beat you.

Brady is a great QB, but he also likes to run up the score and humiliate bad teams. .

49-12 vs the Jets and Brady is still on the field throwing the ball.

It's not against the rules, but Brady sure does like to pad his stats once he finds a team he can beat. The year he threw 50 touchdowns he ran up the score on a few teams. Cassel had 7 passes that season as his back up.

The year Peyton threw 49 touchdowns he rode the bench after the first series in the final game. Getting a record in the actual course of a game is better then getting a record by putting up 50 points on a team that can't beat you.

Brady is a great QB, but he also likes to run up the score and humiliate bad teams. .

Whilst this thread is just more Patriots spamming, you can't blame Brady or BB for not sitting. You can blame Dungy for sitting Peyton, but not the other way around...

Look, I can understand some friendly tug of war rivalry banter between Colts fans & Patriots fans. Heck, some good natured jabs back & forth is kind of funny. It's a sign of mutual respect actually. I don't think SG is seeking team validation per say. He's just pointing out that his QB is darn good & he's right. But, by the same token SG would probably admit that Andrew Luck is not cream puff field general either. Again, I enjoy feedback from bloggers that visit this site frequently with different favorite teams. It only strengthens the Colts/Pats rivalry.

Yes, people can still hate the Patriots just like I detest the Dallas Cowboys. But, at the end of the day, people usually hate a team for 1 of 2 reasons: They either kick your favorite team's caboose repeatedly & cost your franchise Championship victories or their ownership/front office management goes about winning the wrong way with institutional arrogance & a sense of entitled superiority that hasn't been earned in the proper way.

NFL stats usually highlight positive accolades & achievements. When QB's are inducted into the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, ESPN analyst Chris Berman doesn't dwell on fumbles, turnovers, & interceptions. He highlights touchdowns, division titles, Playoff wins, & SB Championships.

SG has a right to sing his QB's praises & people have a right to respond as they deem fit. Variety of opinion= vitality Uniformity of opinion=death of relevancy.

Look, I can understand some friendly tug of war rivalry banter between Colts fans & Patriots fans. Heck, some good natured jabs back & forth is kind of funny. It's a sign of mutual respect actually. I don't think SG is seeking team validation per say. He's just pointing out that his QB is darn good & he's right. But, by the same token SG would probably admit that Andrew Luck is not cream puff field general either. Again, I enjoy feedback from bloggers that visit this site frequently with different favorite teams. It only strengthens the Colts/Pats rivalry.

Yes, people can still hate the Patriots just like I detest the Dallas Cowboys. But, at the end of the day, people usually hate a team for 1 of 2 reasons: They either kick your favorite team's caboose repeatedly & cost your franchise Championship victories or their ownership/front office management goes about winning the wrong way with institutional arrogance & a sense of entitled superiority that hasn't been earned in the proper way.

NFL stats usually highlight positive accolades & achievements. When QB's are inducted into the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, ESPN analyst Chris Berman doesn't dwell on fumbles, turnovers, & interceptions. He highlights touchdowns, division titles, Playoff wins, & SB Championships.

SG has a right to sing his QB's praises & people have a right to respond as they deem fit. Variety of opinion= vitality Uniformity of opinion=death of relevancy.

There is a difference between what you are saying and what snow globe is doing. What you say fits with more reasonable users like GoPats. Snowglobe is a troll and this post is meant to start a flame war. Don't believe me? Look at his signature. Whenever there is a thread about Peyton he is always the first one to go in and attempt to start and argument. Look at topics he started for example, "Do you still think Peyton Manning is MVP?" (Started after his playoff loss),"Mannings arm strength may have been liability", "Eye opening stats about Mannings post season record." And those are the only ones that currently show in his history.

It be one thing if we're to attempt to have an intelligent conversation, but his posts serve mostly the purpose of discrediting Peyton and getting reassurance that his QB is great.

There is a difference between what you are saying and what snow globe is doing. What you say fits with more reasonable users like GoPats. Snowglobe is a troll and this post is meant to start a flame war. Don't believe me? Look at his signature. Whenever there is a thread about Peyton he is always the first one to go in and attempt to start and argument. Look at topics he started for example, "Do you still think Peyton Manning is MVP?" (Started after his playoff loss),"Mannings arm strength may have been liability", "Eye opening stats about Mannings post season record." And those are the only ones that currently show in his history.

It be one thing if we're to attempt to have an intelligent conversation, but his posts serve mostly the purpose of discrediting Peyton and getting reassurance that his QB is great.

Good reply Dustin and I agree with everything you said. We do have some very decent long time members that are Pats Fans but I have never seen them post anything like SG post.       :thmup:  JMO

Stirring the pot is identical to being a troll? Saying something others might deem controversial is being a troll? Look, I revere Peyton Manning & after his Playoff loss I said some unflattering things about Peyton's problem winning in Playoff games & his difficulty closing games that he has a lead in? Does that make me a troll? Questioning the clutch factor in #18 too?

I suppose you could make the argument that I still believe Peyton can win another SB. He just needs more help & can't do it alone anymore. I still respect Peyton's work ethic, his accomplishments as a player, brother, husband, son, & father & I only ask these questions because I want these voids filled so he can win a 2nd SB & be the 1st QB in NFL history to win 2 SBs with 2 different teams. I haven't completely abandoned Manning; I have just realized where he is at in his career & that adjustments need to be made to put Yoda on the road to the Lombardi Promiseland. 

The trick with people who strike a nerve with you is to realize that if there wasn't any truth to what they say it wouldn't affect you & knowing when to walk away & cool off. My friend Gramz & my 24 hour suspension from this site taught me that lesson. Stirring the pot only affects a person if they let it affect you & my friends will always respect me no matter what, even if they think my opinion on something is incredibly foolish & shortsighted in scope. 

Look, everyone knows that I am not a huge Brett Favre fan & that I detest the Dallas Cowboys & sometimes I do go a little overboard stating that fact. I will admit it. But, I am cognizant of the fact that their are people who idolize both Brett Favre & the Dallas Cowboys so I try to tone it down & remember that. Some days are better than others in this endeavor, but I keep working at it...improving & getting better...

The word troll gets tossed around a lot when in fact it's merely a controversial notion that rubs some people the wrong way. It's really hard to ascertain true intent on life without a 1 on 1 conversation & eye contact. That's another problem I had. My sarcasm was misinterpreted until Gramz convinced me to use emotion symbols on this site. No more sarcasm mishaps. Thanks Gramz! ;)  :thmup: 

I have  nice interactions with SG & I enjoy reading his posts. He listens to me & I listen to him because we have mutual respect for 1 another. If I said something critical of Tom Brady, he might politely ask me why I feel that way, but he won't slam me outright, because we respect each other's viewpoint & we are free to disagree & still be respectful toward each other.

Again JMO. Thank you for listening.  :D

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 20, 2013 - quote without a post
Hidden by shecolt, January 20, 2013 - quote without a post
Tom Brady needs:

2 TD passes in the SB (if he advances) to tie Montana for most all time, 3 to break

Already holds:

Most wins

Most attempts (playoffs)

Snow..have you been banned from the New England fan message board again...???

I know you didnt try the Baltimore message board!!!

Most attempts (SB)

Most completions (SB)

Most yards (SB)

Most game winning drives

Coming up next year:

Most SB wins (5)

Tom Brady needs:

Already holds:

Most wins

Most attempts (playoffs)

Most attempts (SB)

Most completions (SB)

Most yards (SB)

Most game winning drives

Coming up next year:

Most SB wins (5)

He also holds the record for hottest wife and most obnoxious coach!!

Stirring the pot is identical to being a troll? Saying something others might deem controversial is being a troll? Look, I revere Peyton Manning & after his Playoff loss I said some unflattering things about Peyton's problem winning in Playoff games & his difficulty closing games that he has a lead in? Does that make me a troll? Questioning the clutch factor in #18 too?

Again there is a difference between "stirring the pot" and being a troll. His entire point on being on this board is to stir the pot. He doesn't post to start conversations or make points, he post for the sole reason of seeking reaction. So yea that makes him a troll. The worst part is that he starts these posts all of the time and when people try to debate him on it he doesn't respond. 

If I went to the Pats board and put up a NYG picture as my avatar and made posts called, "LOL How come Brady sux vs the Giants?!? lolololol." Then I would be a troll. The difference is that I would be doing it in a less subtle manner then he does it. He does it without exactly coming out and saying it which makes people mad and creates their reaction. If he blatantly came out and said, "LOL Peyton is 9-11 in the playoffs. TB> Peyton "Choker" Manning" then nobody would be mad because they would just shrug it off as some ridiculous Pats troll. Ever see the movie Inception? That's how a successful troll works, he doesn't tell you what to think but puts a little thought in your mind and it eventually grows to the point of you becoming angry over it. (And yes, I know how dramatic I'm making this sound)

He doesn't add to any valuable info and stands only to get a reaction from people on this board, hence his signature. If you wan't to see valuable info from a Pats fan then read what GoPats or JJ writes. They can actually bring something controversial to the discussion without ducking counterpoints like this guy does.

His entire point of being on this board is to start up flame-wars. I've never seen him comment on something that isn't Peyton related.

Want me to prove my point? Let's see how many times he's responded to people who have given counter points on this thread. I see a total of 2 responses and neither of them add anything to the convo. I bet he won't respond to this thread again.

There is a difference between what you are saying and what snow globe is doing. What you say fits with more reasonable users like GoPats. Snowglobe is a troll and this post is meant to start a flame war. Don't believe me? Look at his signature.
One last point: SnowGlobe's signature: "Peyton Manning - 11 playoff losses - most in NFL history." Yes, this signature could easily be interpreted as derogatory & unflattering by several fans who have profound respect for Manning. I agree. However, people have a right to display whatever slogan or avatar they want according to the 1st Amendment to the Constitution have a right to expression their opinions as they see fit as long as no one is threatened with bodily harm. Yes, I'm aware we are not enrolled in a law school class.

My slogan/signature is "Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu "The Art Of War" is a pamphet/thin book taught at West Point & every military academy in the world. Does that make me an admirer of war, death, & bloodshed? Absolutely not, but I could easily comprehend why a conscientious objector or pacifist might find that quote offensive. Does that mean I must remove it? No, people read it, make a judgement, & move on with their daily lives. I'm not scolding anyone here, just pointing out the value in knowing what battles to fight & what ones to stroll right on by whistling all the way that's all.

One last point: SnowGlobe's signature: "Peyton Manning - 11 playoff losses - most in NFL history." Yes, this signature could easily be interpreted as derogatory & unflattering by several fans who profound respect for Manning. I agree. However, people have a right to display whatever slogan or avatar they want according to the 1st Amendment to the Constitution have a right to expression their opinions as they see fit as long as no one is threatened with bodily harm. Yes, I'm aware we are not enrolled in a law school class. 

My slogan/signature is "Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu "The Art Of War" is a pamphet/thin book taught at West Point & every military academy in the world does that make me an admirer of war, death, & bloodshed? Absolutely not, but I could easily comprehend why a conscientious objector or pacifist might find that quote offensive. Does that mean I must remove it? No, people read it, make a judgement, & move on with their daily lives.  I'm not scolding anyone here, just pointing out the value in knowing what battles to fight & what ones to stroll right on by whistling all the way that's all. 

Nowhere did I say that he shouldn't have the signature. He can do whatever he wants. My point was that it's there for the sole purpose off getting reaction. His signature last weeks was: "Peyton has thrown the most pick 6's all time." Interpret that for what you will, but I don't see some deeper meaning behind it then trolling.

Again there is a difference between "stirring the pot" and being a troll. His entire point on being on this board is to stir the pot. He doesn't post to start conversations or make points, he post for the sole reason of seeking reaction. So yea that makes him a troll. The worst part is that he starts these posts all of the time and when people try to debate him on it he doesn't respond.

If I went to the Pats board and put up a NYG picture as my avatar and made posts called, "LOL How come Brady sux vs the Giants?!? lolololol." Then I would be a troll. The difference is that I would be doing it in a less subtle manner then he does it. He does it without exactly coming out and saying it which makes people mad and creates their reaction. If he blatantly came out and said, "LOL Peyton is 9-11 in the playoffs. TB> Peyton "Choker" Manning" then nobody would be mad because they would just shrug it off as some ridiculous Pats troll. Ever see the movie Inception? That's how a successful troll works, he doesn't tell you what to think but puts a little thought in your mind and it eventually grows to the point of you becoming angry over it. (And yes, I know how dramatic I'm making this sound)

He doesn't add to any valuable info and stands only to get a reaction from people on this board, hence his signature. If you wan't to see valuable info from a Pats fan then read what GoPats or JJ writes. They can actually bring something controversial to the discussion without ducking counterpoints like this guy does.

His entire point of being on this board is to start up flame-wars. I've never seen him comment on something that isn't Peyton related.

Want me to prove my point? Let's see how many times he's responded to people who have given counter points on this thread. I see a total of 2 responses and neither of them add anything to the convo. I bet he won't respond to this thread again.

Nicely written reply Dustin. Your last paragraph packs quite a wallet there. We will see if any response follows suit in short order. Just remember though debating is a refined skill set that not everyone is well versed in. Silence can be a sign of deep thought formulating a poignant, well articulated response or a balloon that just popped.

Nowhere did I say that he shouldn't have the signature. He can do whatever he wants. My point was that it's there for the sole purpose off getting reaction. His signature last weeks was: "Peyton has thrown the most pick 6's all time." Interpret that for what you will, but I don't see some deeper meaning behind it then trolling.

Again, it really doesn't matter if you deem the slogan or the blogger in question as troll or not. It's like a bar fight where a man calls you a inflammatory curse word. You have two choices: Walk away & laugh or punch him in the face & get arrested. How something affects a person is entirely within their own control.

I still find it ridiculous that you can't delete posts. Either that, or I haven't figured out how.

Yes, I know VL. I wish I could delete a post or two. It is such a pain when you'd like to edit a post later & can't. It is so frustrating sometimes. It's not you. It's the site. Not a reflection on the IT Staff who do a spectacular job on here!  :thmup:

Yes, I know VL. I wish I could delete a post or two. It is such a pain when you'd like to edit a post later & can't. It is so frustrating sometimes. It's not you. It's the site. Not a reflection on the IT Staff who do a spectacular job on here!  :thmup:

FYI  ~   there's  been a few times  I too have regretted posting things, and I have  just PM'd  one of the mods and they have kindly removed it for me.  ;)

yeah the problem with not being able to delete posts is it leads to abuse. Posters posting crap then deleting etc.

But yeah if it's really important you want to delete a post just pm a mod. But note that's the exception not the rule:)

Coming up next year:

The new Luck led Colts vs. the same old Brady led Pats in the AFCCG would be pretty fun next year. No? :goodluck:

Come on we all want that game!! :cheer2:

We do not play NE next year in the regular season. But, we always seem to play NE. Surely the football Gods want us to play NE sometime. :rock: It would be our stepping stone too to see where we are at in Indy next season if we continue on improving.

Bold is quoted for truth.  We have no problems with Pat fans who conduct themselves in a respectful manner even if they disagree with us more times than not. I for one am a Colts fan but not a homer and will acknowledge Brady and the Pats for their achievements even if I don't like them very much.  As such, I find that I even sometimes agree with certain points that Pats fans might raise.  But there is a difference with those such as the OP who just want to troll to try to get a rise from some Colts fans particularly those who still maintain a certain level of affinity for Peyton.

The OP could stand to learn some things from his some of his more seasoned Pats brethren around here...GoPats, Dynasty, J.J. We even have some resident Texan fans who are very much respected IMO...Quizboy, etc.  But I smelled the OP out from the beginning and discerned early what he was all about.  He is not as subtle as he thinks he is. 

Tom Brady needs:

Already holds:

Most wins

Most attempts (playoffs)

Most attempts (SB)

Most completions (SB)

Most yards (SB)

Most game winning drives

Coming up next year:

Most SB wins (5)

You forgot that he can also tie Montana for most SB MVPS with 3 if he gets there and wins

He also holds the record for most consecutive completions in a SB with 17. He did that last year.

Recently I heard someone compare Brady to Joe Dimaggio in terms of his consistency and championships. I thought it was really accurate even though I loathe all things Yankees. I think what makes Brady truly brilliant like Joe is that he makes the extraordinary look ordinary. I expect him to come out with guns firing today to make up for his poor performance last year.

Despite some feather ruffling, I appreciate this thread staying reasonable and remaining a debate type atmosphere. 

amen to that:)

It's actually enjoyable to learn from other posters when this happens.  Cus ya can't learn nothin' from my stick is bigger than your stick lol