Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Look at What the Colts Did this Year

Andy

Look at what they did this year. 

Last year at this time, they had fired their coach, their GM, and we're about to get rid of their longtime QB.

Now, with a new team, a new staff, and new hope, they went to the playoffs. 

I don't care how they performed, I don't care anymore about that Avery drop, or that interception. It doesn't matter now. So, stop looking back on this game, and look at what the Colts did this year.

I've watched the Colts for most of my life, and this is arguably the best one. Who would have thought the Colts would be in the playoffs. Many thought that the first overall pick was the Colts, and now they're picking 23rd (I think). What a season! 

Their head coach got leukemia, and the backup takes them to the playoffs. The rookie quarterback, who many thought would be great in the future, had a fantastic year and carried the team on his back. Reggie Wayne's career was rejuvenated. They discovered great talents in guys like TY Hilton, Vick Ballard, Dwayne Allen, Donnie Avery and Darius Butler, to name a few. This is a great team, start believing it.

Seasons like this don't happen often, or even at all. So, I recommend you guys look back and enjoy this miraculous season. What a year! I don't care what the score is, the Colts are winners in my books. This season is a success, a huge one!

This will be a great team for long time!

Tough finish but it was just.....Losing to baltimore in baltimore....isnt bad at all

....11-6 ....far more than I thought....

5 rookie starters and 7 rookies playing regular on offense....that's a recor dfor a playoff team.

Now, if they hold it together and stock up on the lines......

...I think even with a tougher schedule, we can go 10-6

What a run with so many rookies. 

But we need to get a better o-line and a second WR. I know we have some good rookies, but we need to get another very good WR who can catch the ball in the offseason.

But this season was remarkable and no one would have ever in their wildest dreams have thought we would win 11 games.

Go colts in 2013

very proud of how hard the team fought even though we were without arians. if we can get a #2 cb opposite davis,a guard, and a ss we should be able to win the division next year. offensively i think will be fine with wayne,hilton,brazil at wr because fleener and allen roles will increase similar to gronk and hernandez.

We're on the way up. Two teams in our division are in disarray, neither has a franchise QB IMO.

The Texans just don't look like a great team, their QB is a little better than average and their #1 WR is getting old.

Good words Andy, the best is yet to come.

Has the schedule been released yet? I'm curious who they play seeing it's not a division winning schedule, they should have a good chance to sneak up on the Texans yet again next year.

Home - Dolphins, Seahawks, Rams, Raiders, Broncos

Away - 49ers, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals

6 in the division

I can definitely see us going 11-5 again but winning the division this time.

Home - Dolphins, Seahawks, Rams, Raiders, Broncos

Away - 49ers, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals

6 in the division

I can definitely see us going 11-5 again but winning the division this time.

That's what I was thinking. Hardest games are at home, besides the 49ers.

Look at what they did this year. 

Last year at this time, they had fired their coach, their GM, and we're about to get rid of their longtime QB.

Now, with a new team, a new staff, and new hope, they went to the playoffs. 

I don't care how they performed, I don't care anymore about that Avery drop, or that interception. It doesn't matter now. So, stop looking back on this game, and look at what the Colts did this year.

I've watched the Colts for most of my life, and this is arguably the best one. Who would have thought the Colts would be in the playoffs. Many thought that the first overall pick was the Colts, and now they're picking 23rd (I think). What a season! 

Their head coach got leukemia, and the backup takes them to the playoffs. The rookie quarterback, who many thought would be great in the future, had a fantastic year and carried the team on his back. Reggie Wayne's career was rejuvenated. They discovered great talents in guys like TY Hilton, Vick Ballard, Dwayne Allen, Donnie Avery and Darius Butler, to name a few. This is a great team, start believing it.

Seasons like this don't happen often, or even at all. So, I recommend you guys look back and enjoy this miraculous season. What a year! I don't care what the score is, the Colts are winners in my books. This season is a success, a huge one!

This will be a great team for long time!

I second that, I'm very proud of this team and what they accomplished. They should be a force for a long time.    "GO COLTS"

Very happy for how this team performed and can't complain. Yeah it stinks losing in the first round of the playoffs, but this is just the beginning and a great place to start. This team went from worst in the league to making the playoffs in one year, there are many teams that go years without making the playoffs and finish in the bottom five for several years in a row. Irsay clearly made the right decisions and has the right people in charge. All I ask in the off-season is build the o-line and continue to move this team in the right direction. There were so many great additions to this team and most importantly they are focused on improving on all sides of the ball.