Photo

If we win today, its possible

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15649 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

If the Colts come-from-behind as they have all season and tip Houston Sunday

(maybe 30-27 on an Adam Vinatieri field goal)

and Chuck Pagano is carried off the field in the Colts final home game.....

....and the Colts then carry the momentum to Baltimore where the beat the old injury-riddled Ravens

(maybe 31-28 on an Adam Vinatieri field goal)....

...and the Colts, suddenly 'America's team' go to New England and upset the Patriots 24-21

(you KNOW that would be on an Adam Vinatieri field goal)

..and then, in the most hyped game of all time.......the Colts top Denver

(maybe 36-35 on a last second Adam Vinatieri field goal) and Peyton Manning raises Andrew Luck's

hand at midfield......

.and the Colts go to New Orleans where Archie Manning declares Luck his fourth son..

...and ESPN breaks into its coverage of Tim Tebow's off-season to do an indepth analysis

of Jim Irsay's tweets.....and the NFL Network debuts a new documentary 'A Football Life' Vic Ballard'..

..and Rob Parker calls TY Hilton 'a cornball brother'......and Pat McAfee actually kisses Suzy

Kolber......and Chuck Pagano says that, if I can beat cancer, I can sure beat the 49ers

(even though Harbaugh can be a little scarier)

...could the Colts really win the Super Bowl in 5 weeks??

Isnt it amazing that at the end of the most tumultuos year in Colts history its still possible?

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2163 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm crossing my fingers no one gets hurt today, but if they do as I said in another post, so be it. In fact I'm predicting we will have several key injuries, but I do not wish that upon my team it's just the reality of playing against players like J.J. Watt, and the other bad mama-jamas that they have on that team. Ugh!

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15649 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

..a win today and we could, rule the world....the Colts collectively dont seem to know they're not supposed to be 10-5..

and a win today would only reinforce that

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13735 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

a great season

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#5 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4260 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

People who think we can win the SB this season also believe in Santa Claus.

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#6 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

we are in the playoffs so we have a chance. look and NYG last year, or the packers the year before that. both those teams had huge problems going into the post season specifically on the defensive side of the ball. and they pulled it out. i feel like all the SB winners lately are wildcards. we just have to buy in and "beat our man"

"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#7 cujo

cujo
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Also the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. :yeahright:

I would really like for it to happen, but I am also realist.

#8 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5989 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

i'm sitting here with santa claus, easter bunny, & tooth fairy. they think we have a better chance this year than in 2006 when we had the worst run defense in nfl history

#9 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2008 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

..a win today and we could, rule the world....the Colts collectively dont seem to know they're not supposed to be 10-5..

and a win today would only reinforce that

With any really good/dominant team, you can usually look back at one game, play, or moment that turned things in that direction.

If we win today, we could experience that game, play, moment, and 'not supposed to' turns to 'we are'.

Now, it's difficult to imagine that could happen today, with the cast we'll be running out there, but.........

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#10 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2008 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

What are you sayin'    :)

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#11 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5523 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

A loss today, and we probably play the Patriots next week.

#12 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9827 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

What the Thread Said: *What it said*

What I read: Adam Vinetari is the BEST Player on the Team.

Yeah, Let's just worry about this One Game at a Time

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#13 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17105 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

i'm sitting here with santa claus, easter bunny, & tooth fairy. they think we have a better chance this year than in 2006 when we had the worst run defense in nfl history

We were ran on 519 times that year and gave up 5.3 ypc, This year 5.1 but 408 times ran on, not trying to bring bad news and Im not saying it would be broken again by our team but it would be close, We would have to give up 700 yards rushing today to tie, Wont happen (or it better not)

#14 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3860 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hold up, so you're trying to tell me there's no Santa? ;)
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#15 Pombi9

Pombi9
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I bet you said something quite similar going into the Packers game without our 2 starting Cb's....

If you do not believe the super bowl is within the realm of possibility than I truly feel sorry for you because you are not enjoying this season as much as the rest of us.

#16 Colts420

Colts420
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I have been to Santa Claus Indiana. So anything is possible

#17 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Any given Sunday. We could go on a run. We've had the emotion all season, that never say die attitude is very important, especially in January

#18 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3486 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'll just experience the moment with out predicting, forseeing, or guessing it. I'm incredibly boring, but I am at peace.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#19 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4260 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

I actually pasted in the 'I believe' badge from Miracle on 34th Street after my Santa Claus comment, but it wouldn't let me post it. Pombi, I can assure you I'm enjoying every single moment of this great season. I will give you a pass because you are new...
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#20 Andy

Andy
  • 8773 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Any team in the playoffs have a shot.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#21 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Is it possible?

Can I win the lottery tomorrow?

Anything is possible.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#22 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

we are in the playoffs so we have a chance. look and NYG last year, or the packers the year before that. both those teams had huge problems going into the post season specifically on the defensive side of the ball. and they pulled it out. i feel like all the SB winners lately are wildcards. we just have to buy in and "beat our man"

But it took Herculean efforts from Rodgers and Manning. Unfortunately, the stage may just be too big for young Luck to pull that off. But who knows? No one thought we'd be in the playoffs either.

#23 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1135 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

I'm crossing my fingers no one gets hurt today, but if they do as I said in another post, so be it. In fact I'm predicting we will have several key injuries, but I do not wish that upon my team it's just the reality of playing against players like J.J. Watt, and the other bad mama-jamas that they have on that team. Ugh!

way to stay positive... sheesh :scratch:

#24 UNHappy2BeHere

UNHappy2BeHere
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Is it possible?

Can I win the lottery tomorrow?

Anything is possible.

If you bought a ticket...then yes....I'd say its possible....but not probable.

I see the colts winning the ravens ...but after that is anyone's guess

#25 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15649 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Is it possible.....NOW....???

#26 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2163 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

way to stay positive... sheesh :scratch:
Well, it doesn't matter, i was wrong and as far as I know, we didn't sustain any injuries (thanks be to the Lord). If anyone has any injury news, please share it with us but I think we are getting pretty healthy for the Ravens game. I do know that Ballard is roughed up with bangs and bruises and needs time to get healthy and fresh.

#27 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15649 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Also the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Yeah%20Right%20Sign.gif
   I would really like for it to happen, but I am also realist.

But did you see 11-5 coming? I really didnt.

#28 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't see Manning holding up anyone's hand, he's too competitive for that, raising someone's hand is like conceding. It's like saying " this is the better QB " no way Manning would do it. A handshake and some nice words would be as close as it gets.

#29 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15649 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

I don't see Manning holding up anyone's hand, he's too competitive for that, raising someone's hand is like conceding. It's like saying " this is the better QB " no way Manning would do it. A handshake and some nice words would be as close as it gets.

not real.....kidding..joke..parody....

just a little pigskin humor

#30 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

not real.....kidding..joke..parody....

just a little pigskin humor
It was funny picturing it, maybe Bronco fans will throw roses at Lucks feet and carried out on a alter by Denver's Dline.

#31 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

I

.and the Colts go to New Orleans where Archie Manning declares Luck his fourth son..

...and ESPN breaks into its coverage of Tim Tebow's off-season to do an indepth analysis

of Jim Irsay's tweets.....and the NFL Network debuts a new documentary 'A Football Life' Vic Ballard'..

..and Rob Parker calls TY Hilton 'a cornball brother'......and Pat McAfee actually kisses Suzy

Kolber......and Chuck Pagano says that, if I can beat cancer, I can sure beat the 49ers

(even though Harbaugh can be a little scarier)

...could the Colts really win the Super Bowl in 5 weeks??

Isnt it amazing that at the end of the most tumultuos year in Colts history its still possible?

Stopped reading before this, freaking hilarious, starts out realistic but then becomes a SNL skit.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Jul
    T Y Goodbye

I hate the media. The headline is Oregon QB Marcus Mariota only taking 2 classes..Golf and Yoga. What they left out is that he already graduated in 3 years, with over a 3.0 GPA in General Science, and STILL has 2 years of eligibility left.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates