•  

Photo

Question of the Day - 11/30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 sb41champs

sb41champs
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

If the Colts are to beat the Detroit Lions - in Detroit - this weekend - what do YOU feel will be "THE KEY" to the game ??

:blueshoe: Preparation for the 2014 Colts season OFFICIALLY begins TODAY!!  :blueshoe: 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13127 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Six touchdowns

#3 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6679 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Locking Calvin Johnson and Suh in the locker room. haha

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#4 ericnan

ericnan
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Penalties! We avoid penaltys, we should win, Detroit will give the game to us with their own penalties. Mark my words!

#5 luckyblue

luckyblue
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

The O-line and the D-line, we need to be able to protect Andrew long enough for him to be productive, and we will also need to put alot of pressure on stafford, otherwise he will kill us.

#6 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4656 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

The availability of Siegfried and Roy?

#7 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1007 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

That would help, what also helps is the refs giving you touchdowns you didn't earn. If we can get one of those, maybe we can pull off a win too.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#8 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6679 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

That would help, what also helps is the refs giving you touchdowns you didn't earn. If we can get one of those, maybe we can pull off a win too.

Yeah if your coach can maintain his cool and not throw flags when he has confessed to knowing the rules very well, that would also help. What about OT? Maybe keeping an offense that has dogged you all day out of the endzone and away from the goal post can also contribute to another victory.

#9 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1007 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yeah if your coach can maintain his cool and not throw flags when he has confessed to knowing the rules very well, that would also help. What about OT? Maybe keeping an offense that has dogged you all day out of the endzone and away from the goal post can also contribute to another victory.

Yes in the heat of the moment you can lose your cool and do something you know you shouldn't. Everybody knows that rule is garbage and is going to be changed in the offseason. It has already been addressed but not going to make the change in mid season. As far as overtime that game should have never reached overtime. You can thank your lucky stars that you were gift wrapped a TD and be thankful that you left Detroit with a W. That game goes right up there next to the GB vs Seattle game. Both deserve an * next to the W
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#10 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6679 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Yes in the heat of the moment you can lose your cool and do something you know you shouldn't. Everybody knows that rule is garbage and is going to be changed in the offseason. It has already been addressed but not going to make the change in mid season. As far as overtime that game should have never reached overtime. You can thank your lucky stars that you were gift wrapped a TD and be thankful that you left Detroit with a W. That game goes right up there next to the GB vs Seattle game. Both deserve an * next to the W

Considering the fact that that play happened on what, 2nd down? In the third quarter...anything could have happened between then and the end of the game. Who's to say we wouldn't have forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff or punt return? What would have happened if Suh had been called at all for any of those dirty plays he had in that game? We can play the what if game, but the fact of the matter is that we won, fair and square. We even gave the Lions an extra quarter to score, and they weren't up to the challenge.

#11 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1007 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Considering the fact that that play happened on what, 2nd down? In the third quarter...anything could have happened between then and the end of the game. Who's to say we wouldn't have forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff or punt return? What would have happened if Suh had been called at all for any of those dirty plays he had in that game? We can play the what if game, but the fact of the matter is that we won, fair and square. We even gave the Lions an extra quarter to score, and they weren't up to the challenge.

Laughable at best :lol: I will leave this convo now, because of course you're gonna think you won it fair and square. I'm sure Seattle still thinks they won that game fair and square too.

#12 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6679 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Laughable at best :lol: I will leave this convo now, because of course you're gonna think you won it fair and square. I'm sure Seattle still thinks they won that game fair and square too.

Yeah, and you're not biased at all in this matter. Kind of like all the Detroit fans who don't believe Suh kicked when it was obvious. Oh well. Good luck Sunday, if you know what I mean.

#13 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Can we get to stafford and can we keep luck up right we do those two things we win
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#14 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1007 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, and you're not biased at all in this matter. Kind of like all the Detroit fans who don't believe Suh kicked when it was obvious. Oh well. Good luck Sunday, if you know what I mean.

I'm not a GB fan and I have an uncle that lives in Seattle, so if anything I would want them to win for him, but I also want a team to win fairly. Anytime that the Colts have been "given" a game due to officiating or anything else of the matter I don't go around saying we won fair and square. Sure I'm not a Texans fan, but had you earned that TD you were given I would say congrats, you deserved the win. In this case that didn't happen. Sure we can play the what ifs of it all, but the fact of the matter is you were given a TD that shouldn't have been given. Could you, would you get that TD in another way, maybe.....but you didn't have to.

#15 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11941 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Brilliant, succinct, & hilarious all at the same time my friend! You crack me up QuizBoy! :worthy: :D Bravo buddy!!!
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#16 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1769 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

The key to the game will be winning. A+

#17 ColtsfaninLA

ColtsfaninLA
  • Rookie
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Mistake free football. No turnovers. Great defensive play by keeping the Lions offense off the field.

#18 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9069 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Chaos & Destruction on Defense. And scoring in the redzone!!! On offense

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#19 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

the best way for a colt to beat a lion is to trample them

#20 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6316 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

If we won the game it must have meant we put enough pressure on Stafford that he couldn't get the ball downfield.

#21 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4144 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Penalties! We avoid penaltys, we should win, Detroit will give the game to us with their own penalties. Mark my words!

D- There, I've marked your words. And I'm being generous.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#22 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Stingy red zone D, and be even or win the turnover battle. Minimize mental mistakes.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#23 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Three things:

1) Protect Andrew Luck

2) No turnovers

3) Defense needs to step up. We need a lot of three and outs! This includes keeping pressure on Stafford.
I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#24 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11941 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Brilliant, succinct, & hilarious all at the same time my friend! You crack me up QuizBoy! :worthy: :D Bravo buddy!!!

1 vital Amendment to your game day plan QuizBoy: At halftime, tell Johnson & Suh to retrieve some athletic tape to secure their ankles & then shove them in an equipment manager's closet. Problem solved. :thmup:
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#25 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6679 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

1 vital Amendment to your game day plan QuizBoy: At halftime, tell Johnson & Suh to retrieve some athletic tape to secure their ankles & then shove them in an equipment manager's closet. Problem solved. :thmup:

Hahaha, I am out of likes sir. They are the keys to the game in my opinion. Slow down Johnson (because he won't be shutdown) and limit his grabs, double Suh whenever possible, and this game could prove to be very interesting.

#26 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11390 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Contain Stafford
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#27 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Containing Megatron, youll never be able to shut him down.

#28 ponyboy

ponyboy
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Third down conversions (>50% for Colts, <40% Lions)

#29 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Third down conversions (>50% for Colts, <40% Lions)

Colts 45.4% Lions 41.9% 3rd conv
Colts 263 Lions 271 First Downs

http://espn.go.com/n...am/_/stat/downs

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates