Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you want to see on Sunday?

MrNLM

Getting to see Luck do some damage to the Rams was nice, but I am keeping my expectations tempered. What I would like to see this Sunday is more TE production and some productive runnung against a stout defense.

I would imagine our defense will do well against their offense seeing as we are a similar product with Arians calling the shots. For our defense it should be very similar to what they have defended during TC. However, our offense has burned our defense several times... should be a good test!

Final score will be similar to the PHI-PIT game last week. 24-23(something like that) Colts win!

So, what do you want to see on Sunday?

Getting to see Luck do some damage to the Rams was nice, but I am keeping my expectations tempered. What I would like to see this Sunday is more TE production and some productive runnung against a stout defense.

I would imagine our defense will do well against their offense seeing as we are a similar product with Arians calling the shots. For our defense it should be very similar to what they have defended during TC. However, our offense has burned our defense several times... should be a good test!

Final score will be similar to the PHI-PIT game last week. 24-23(something like that) Colts win!

So, what do you want to see on Sunday?

I want to see Luck survive the game in one piece...

1. I would like to see the O-line perform a little better. I think they did a good job, but had a few shaky moments.

2. Andrew luck to continue with his impressive performance.

3. See how our run game performs against a really good defense.

4. I'd like for our DB's to create some more turn-overs and keep tackling they way they did in the Rams game.

6. Curious how our LB's will do in the absense of Angerer.

7. See if Donnie Avery can make an impact in this game, since he missed the last game.

You think he is gonna be running for his life? THAT is why I want to see the TE production and a healthy does of short game.

yes....I think Pittsburgh's vets will only play a quarter or two and they dont want to be peanut butter and jellied like the Rams were.

They will put some real heat on Andrew and I want to see how he responds when the line breaks down..

1. I would like to see the O-line perform a little better. I think they did a good job, but had a few shaky moments.

4. I'd like for our DB's to create some more turn-overs and keep tackling they way they did in the Rams game.

7. See if Donnie Avery can make an impact in this game, since he missed the last game.

I agree with everything you have posted, but I would like to add that I think our offense will have a tougher time because

the Steelers know Arians offense inside and out, and they will be amped to play Andrew Luck since everyone across the

nfl has been hyping him so much. I think our defense will play pretty well. As you also said, I am looking for the offensive

line to do better in protecting Luck.

Dwayne Allen & Coby Fleener can't be covered by the Steeler's LB's. I say we use them in the passing game more this time around to spread that defense out. Let's face it, their defense is getting very old...now they're still good... but age is eventually gonna catch up with you. Let our young guys run circles around their old guys. And we just let Wayne do what he does Best: run crisp routes and get open :)

I agree with everything you have posted, but I would like to add that I think our offense will have a tougher time because

the Steelers know Arians offense inside and out, and they will be amped to play Andrew Luck since everyone across the

nfl has been hyping him so much. I think our defense will play pretty well. As you also said, I am looking for the offensive

line to do better in protecting Luck.

You can look at it the other way too. Arians will be familiar with the Steelers defense. I am curious to see how that works.

I agree with most of y'all...it seems like a great opportunity to work out the running game and short passing game....The Steelers are familiar with Arians and based on the Stiller offense last year I'm sure they'd expect us to air it out....I'd like to know how well we run personally

I'd like to see good protection up front for Luck, number 1.

Good running lanes opened by the O-Line.

Aggressive D that attacks but stays disciplined at the same time.

Good special teams coverage.

Better hands by the WRs and TEs. Few too many drops for my liking last game.

Basically just looking for the Colts to build off of last game. Don't have to win by 100 points but would be nice to see a progression.

In addition:

1. See Reggie integrated into the passing game - now is the time for timing up routes.

2. Play stout run defense - see if Hughes and the nrw look LB crew can play run defense.

3. See If we can establish a running mindset for the offense.

4.Have Special Teams that aren't an embrassment to ourselves and the NFL.

1. More cohesiveness in the Oline

2. Get Allen and Fleener more involved.

3. Get Reggie more involved.

4. See Hilton show off his speed on STs

5. More playing time for Freeney & Mathis

6. Jerry Hughes back up game 1 with more production.

7. Feature Brown and Ballard more for this game. I want to test Brown more behind this line + see if his pass blocking is improving.

Im adding onto my own list....

8. I keep hearing about the Steelers speedy receivers. I would really like for us to showcase our speedy receivers with some deep over the top TDs.

Typically, games 2 and 3 of the pre-season the starters play longer.

So, for this game, I'd expect 1's vs. 1's across the board for the entire first half -- at a minimum.

The 2's and 3's get the 2nd half.

Everyone else made terrific observations of what they want to see.... so I'll simply add.... 'me too!'

Defense:

1) Speed

2) Solid tackling

3) DBs challenging receivers before the pass and while the ball is in the air, rather than just closing out and making the tackle after the catch

Offense:

1) Protection for the quarterback, whether that's with quick throws or good blocking, or both

2) Completions over the middle of the field, not just outside the numbers

3) Productive running, especially situational running (like Ballard moving the chains to end the second quarter)

Dwayne Allen & Coby Fleener can't be covered by the Steeler's LB's. I say we use them in the passing game more this time around to spread that defense out. Let's face it, their defense is getting very old...now they're still good... but age is eventually gonna catch up with you. Let our young guys run circles around their old guys. And we just let Wayne do what he does Best: run crisp routes and get open :)

I could see them not using the TEs much in passing in preseason so as to not give away what they have planned for the regular season. :shh: