Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts still making interest known for Jenkins!

weslo1812

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Colts-Wont-Back-Off-Interest-in-Jenkins-156999795.html - - -

They are apperently still trying to pull some sor tof deal out of the hat. I really dont get why thier sill trying to do this because the Cowboys have said reptedly thier not going to give him up for anything. And If that did change after the season starts, the only way I would see us getting him is if we give up too much. The advantage is completley on the Cowboys side, they really have all the leverage. Anyone esle thoughts on the colts ot giving up here?

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-156999795.html - - -

They are apperently still trying to pull some sor tof deal out of the hat. I really dont get why thier sill trying to do this because the Cowboys have said reptedly thier not going to give him up for anything. And If that did change after the season starts, the only way I would see us getting him is if we give up too much. The advantage is completley on the Cowboys side, they really have all the leverage. Anyone esle thoughts on the colts ot giving up here?

The Cowboys have to say they will not trade Jenkins to raise his value.If they say hey we wanna trade his value drops.Only depends if we get him for a good value if too much wanted then no i do not like a trade.

The Cowboys have to say they will not trade Jenkins to raise his value.If they say hey we wanna trade his value drops.Only depends if we get him for a good value if too much wanted then no i do not like a trade.

Yeah exactly which is what leads me to qustion why the colts colts still wanna push this. I highly doubt thier gonna get him away from them and if there is any chance after the season starts it will be for no less than a 1or 2 round pick, I gurantee it!

I really dont get why thier sill trying to do this because the Cowboys have said reptedly thier not going to give him up for anything.

Maybe because they're not convinced that the Cowboys want to keep a player that wants out, despite what they have said to the media, and don't want to lose him as a FA in year.

The Cowboys would obviously want to get the best deal possible, and might have an interest in letting a potential deal go down to the wire, to put more stress on the interested teams and drive up the price of the deal.

Maybe because they're not convinced that the Cowboys want to keep a player that wants out, despite what they have said to the media, and don't want to lose him as a FA in year.

The Cowboys would obviously want to get the best deal possible, and might have an interest in letting a potential deal go down to the wire, to put more stress on the interested teams and drive up the price of the deal.

Which is where I believe we cant get sucked into giving up too much. As I said if they consider a deal it will involve at least a first or a second rounder and probably something else. I mean Why would they settle for anything lower when they get that with a draft compensation pick essentially if they just choose to hang on to him and let him go if he does nothing for them. Plus we have alrady pushed it enough this month nd theyve repeatedly said NO. So if were gonna try and push again at least wait untill were a pre season game or two in to see whether he is still holding out then maybe make another push.

I seriously doubt that anyone will give up a first round pick for Jenkins, least of all Grigson.

After all, it's not like Jenkins, even if he's a clear improvement, will improve the team by leaps and bounds.

A first round pick, probably an early first round pick, would be worth a lot more than a player like Jenkins. A second round pick wouldn't be well spent either on him. In my opinion.

I seriously doubt that anyone will give up a first round pick for Jenkins, least of all Grigson.

After all, it's not like Jenkins, even if he's a clear improvement, will improve the team by leaps and bounds.

A first round pick, probably an early first round pick, would be worth a lot more than a player like Jenkins. A second round pick wouldn't be well spent either on him. In my opinion.

Wouldn`t it take a new contract to make it worthwhile? Don`t think we have the Millions available now to do that.

The guy has an injured shoulder now BTW. Trust Pagano & Grigson to know his value tho.

Wait till pre-season is over with all teams, we will find contributors like Justin Tryon and if our D-line and OLBs can apply the pressure right, I will take a bunch of well coached Jerraud Powers & Justin Tryon types, to be honest.

The Giants' secondary, other than Webster, I cannot remember many names. That Terrell Thomas guy went on IR in pre-season and with their NASCAR package, the Giants' helped their secondary immensely.

If anything, I would try to bolster pass rush up front which would mask the secondary considerably, and get some pass coverage LBs to cover TEs in nickel situations.

Cowboys have no reason to trade Jenkins unless we're foolish enough to give up next years number one.

Cowboys keeping Jenkins = a 3rd CB for cheap, a good/above average CB, can now annoy slot receivers, can just let him go in FA since he pretty has shown every sign he wants out and not really lose anything, but a roster spot.

Cowboys have no reason to trade Jenkins unless we're foolish enough to give up next years number one.

Cowboys keeping Jenkins = a 3rd CB for cheap, a good/above average CB, can now annoy slot receivers, can just let him go in FA since he pretty has shown every sign he wants out and not really lose anything, but a roster spot.

Yea that's what the eagles thought they had in Dominique Rodgers Cromartie and found out he can't cover the slot and had to be on the outside which led to samuels departure which will eventually happen to Mike Jenkins. Cowboys better take our 4th round pick and be happy with it

Yea that's what the eagles thought they had in Dominique Rodgers Cromartie and found out he can't cover the slot and had to be on the outside which led to samuels departure which will eventually happen to Mike Jenkins. Cowboys better take our 4th round pick and be happy with it

Cromartie is 6'2-6'3 and never has been known as a quick CB. You're comparing two different types of CBs. Jenkins is at least as quick as he is fast. Cowboys if they're smart will keep him and then let him walk. It's not like Jenkins is the only option to cover the slot.

Cromartie is 6'2-6'3 and never has been known as a quick CB. You're comparing two different types of CBs. Jenkins is at least as quick as he is fast. Cowboys if they're smart will keep him and then let him walk. It's not like Jenkins is the only option to cover the slot.

What???? Dominique Rodgers Cromartie runs a 4.29 40time what are you talking about

Several thoughts....

First, allowing for the possibility that this might be entirely true, I wouldn't get too worked up about a report from a local station. And it's not that I'm trying to be a snob about local stations. I worked in them here in Los Angeles for nearly 30 years. But I'd feel better if this were confirmed by a national source.

Second, the Cowboys have terrible salary cap issues. So, if I read it correctly, someone floated the idea of trading Freeney for Jenkins. Freeney is a hugely expensive player.... something like $19 Mill -- isn't that close? Jenkins is about $1 Mill. Plus, Freeney is far from a sure bet as an OLB. I doubt the Cowboys could do this even if they wanted to **unless** Freeney agreed to restructure....

I wouldn't get too emotionally invested in this just yet.... too many stories out of Dallas saying they want 3-4 CB's and Jenkins is their 3rd and he's cheap. So, even if he's not happy, they'll keep him for another year unless their blown away by an offer.

And the consensus of this board appears to be we don't want Grigson getting carried away and over-paying for Jenkins.

Just some food for thought....

NewColtsFan

Yes we all agreed that we need a cornerback desperately but at this point for jenkins I think were going to get ripped off. Don't get me wrong I would take the guy but at this point we seem very very desperate. I say be patient this is the first time in a decade that were not drafting out of the twenty's our draft picks are like gold now. I just don't want to give up too much I rather suffer a little bit more through this season and draft the high quality cornerback next draft. Or possibly pick 1 up via free agency or trade. Jerry obviously knows we're begging him to death for this guy and he is licking his chops. I would not give up anything more than a fourth round or jenkins. We can obviously draft in the first second or third and get a high quality guy and be cheaper

Has there been any hint of Jenkins holding out of TC?

If we continue to pursue, does Jenkins have any thoughts of doing so, even if he didn't before?

Does that push his trade value down a bit?

IF we're that interested in the guy, keep letting them know we're interested, but I wouldn't over pay.

I know we're not rebuilding, but we're rebuilding, and I'm not really sure what our expectations are for winning the SB next season.

Plenty of cap space and draft picks next year.

Has there been any hint of Jenkins holding out of TC?

If we continue to pursue, does Jenkins have any thoughts of doing so, even if he didn't before?

Does that push his trade value down a bit?

IF we're that interested in the guy, keep letting them know we're interested, but I wouldn't over pay.

I know we're not rebuilding, but we're rebuilding, and I'm not really sure what our expectations are for winning the SB next season.

Plenty of cap space and draft picks next year.

His agent said he will report to mandatory mini camp this month

I know it wouldnt. It makes too much sense.

you are aware we already dont have a 5th round pick right? Also a 3rd round pick isn't going to happen anyway, Grigson already was reported to offer a 3rd and a 4th and that got turned down.

you are aware we already dont have a 5th round pick right? Also a 3rd round pick isn't going to happen anyway, Grigson already was reported to offer a 3rd and a 4th and that got turned down.

Hey that was never confirmed I'm not believing that 3rd AND a 4th stuff until it's confirmed. I think he offered them separately that's just my opinion

Hey that was never confirmed I'm not believing that 3rd AND a 4th stuff until it's confirmed. I think he offered them separately that's just my opinion

Could have but the only reports are the ones saying 3rd and a 4th, not saying it accurate, Im just saying it hasn't been denied, I have said a few times now, keep the guys we got and let them play and see if they improve and get a Corner in the 1st next year

Could have but the only reports are the ones saying 3rd and a 4th, not saying it accurate, Im just saying it hasn't been denied, I have said a few times now, keep the guys we got and let them play and see if they improve and get a Corner in the 1st next year

As much as I'm all for getting a cornerback in the 1st(you know I'm high on Xavier Rhodes) I see us getting a pass rusher in the first to replace Freeney whether it be Montgomery, Jarvis Jones, or Mingo. Pass rushers are more valuable in the attack defense we want to run. That's just how I see Grigson doing and a cornerback in the 2nd round for sure. Now I want Rhodes or Amerson but when I look at it Freeney won't be back because he is going to want money and he is 32. And we have young corners. I just see Grigson getting one of them 3 pass rushers

As much as I'm all for getting a cornerback in the 1st(you know I'm high on Xavier Rhodes) I see us getting a pass rusher in the first to replace Freeney whether it be Montgomery, Jarvis Jones, or Mingo. Pass rushers are more valuable in the attack defense we want to run. That's just how I see Grigson doing and a cornerback in the 2nd round for sure. Now I want Rhodes or Amerson but when I look at it Freeney won't be back because he is going to want money and he is 32. And we have young corners. I just see Grigson getting one of them 3 pass rushers

I understand all your points and they are all valid, of course you dont need me to tell you that but pass rushers while they do affect games in big ways, they dont have nearly as much opportunity to affect the game do to them being blocked one way or the other, of course not every play but they dont have near the opportunity that a Corner does, Ware had 19 sacks last season which is obviously alot but it appears out of 450 pass rush snaps he had a rating of 12.94 Pass Rush Pressures he took 450 pass rush snaps and created some for of disruption on 71 of them if I got the numbers right thats only 6.34 percent, given all that the Cowboys were 23rd in the league in total passing yards given up and 9th in the league in yards per pass given up all that with Wares 19 sacks, My conclusion is although 19 sacks is excellent of course, rushers dont usually affect as many plays as one would think http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/26/2011-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/

I understand all your points and they are all valid, of course you dont need me to tell you that but pass rushers while they do affect games in big ways, they dont have nearly as much opportunity to affect the game do to them being blocked one way or the other, of course not every play but they dont have near the opportunity that a Corner does, Ware had 19 sacks last season which is obviously alot but it appears out of 450 pass rush snaps he had a rating of 12.94 Pass Rush Pressures he took 450 pass rush snaps and created some for of disruption on 71 of them if I got the numbers right thats only 6.34 percent, given all that the Cowboys were 23rd in the league in total passing yards given up and 9th in the league in yards per pass given up all that with Wares 19 sacks, My conclusion is although 19 sacks is excellent of course, rushers dont usually affect as many plays as one would think http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/26/2011-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/

Yea but man to man coverage and pass rushers go hand and hand when you have that great pass rush you can jump more routes being that the QB wont have that much time to operate. With a bad pass rush your asking your CBs to cover man to man for like 4 or more secs which is basically impossible unless your Revis. But man to man coverage starts up front with the pass rushers to limit the time CBs have to cover their receiver. A receiver will eventually get open after 4 secs no matter who is covering him. I don't mean pass rushers as in sacks I mean just being disruptive knocking the QB off his spots, knockdowns, and hurries would help out CB tremendously. They work hand and hand when you talking man to man coverage

Yea but man to man coverage and pass rushers go hand and hand when you have that great pass rush you can jump more routes being that the QB wont have that much time to operate. With a bad pass rush your asking your CBs to cover man to man for like 4 or more secs which is basically impossible unless your Revis. But man to man coverage starts up front with the pass rushers to limit the time CBs have to cover their receiver. A receiver will eventually get open after 4 secs no matter who is covering him. I don't mean pass rushers as in sacks I mean just being disruptive knocking the QB off his spots, knockdowns, and hurries would help out CB tremendously. They work hand and hand when you talking man to man coverage

they have an affect I agree but not on as many plays as one would think, many Quarterbacks in the league are reasonably to very mobile ( meaning they can scramble and run for at least a few yards even if its lucky), both go hand in hand but I would take Revis over Ware, ontop of that, what are you going to do about the rest of the time Ware is blocked, I dont agree on the statement Corners cant cover forever especially when the best ones can cover all the way down the field, of course knockdowns and pressures happen and hurries but not as much as one would think

they have an affect I agree but not on as many plays as one would think, many Quarterbacks in the league are reasonably to very mobile ( meaning they can scramble and run for at least a few yards even if its lucky), both go hand in hand but I would take Revis over Ware, ontop of that, what are you going to do about the rest of the time Ware is blocked, I dont agree on the statement Corners cant cover forever especially when the best ones can cover all the way down the field, of course knockdowns and pressures happen and hurries but not as much as one would think

If you can show me a CB that can cover a receiver for over 4-5 sec he should be in the hall of fame as the greatest db ever. Pass rush is a group effort if I have just one person as productive as ware I will take a Mccourty type DB in the 2nd rd over a Morris Claiborne type CB. You don't have to be great to be an effective CB if your pass rush can get their consistenly and efficiently. With a good pass rush you only have to cover WRs for a max of like 3 secs which an average CB can be effective at but with no pass rush you are asking wayy too much from your DBs to cover receiver for over 4-5 secs that's just not going to happen, it might happen occasionally

one thing is for sure they wont resign him. he dont want to play in dallas anymore, and the cowboys would be dumb not to trade him and get a draft pick or two for him before he hits FA. but anything more then a 4th round pick for him is way to much. the guy hardly stays healthy and has alittle bit of a attitude problem.

They won't trade him - they're going for win now mode, no point trading him because it leaves them weak at corner, especially if Claiborne struggles.

Win now? :) Then why is Jerry Jones still the GM?

It would be soul crushing for me to see Freeney dressed as a Cowgirl.

Yes we all agreed that we need a cornerback desperately but at this point for jenkins I think were going to get ripped off. Don't get me wrong I would take the guy but at this point we seem very very desperate. I say be patient this is the first time in a decade that were not drafting out of the twenty's our draft picks are like gold now. I just don't want to give up too much I rather suffer a little bit more through this season and draft the high quality cornerback next draft. Or possibly pick 1 up via free agency or trade. Jerry obviously knows we're begging him to death for this guy and he is licking his chops. I would not give up anything more than a fourth round or jenkins. We can obviously draft in the first second or third and get a high quality guy and be cheaper

Yes, we can obviously draft 1,2 or 3 next year, but we cannot guarantee that we get a 'high quality guy'. And a 'cheaper' bust is not preferable than Jenkins, who we know (or the Colts think) can contribute.

I'm really flabbergasted that people think we can just draft better and cheaper players, as if we have a magic wand...