Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts still making interest known for Jenkins!

weslo1812

I have always had my doubts that the colts had offered a 3rd AND a fourth rounder for Jenkins(I never seen the article stating that I just heard people here saying that) so I was doing my daily browsing on the colts and found this that according to Dallas media and analyst the Colts in fact was rumored offering a Late round pick and a Back up player.

"Reports from both Indianapolis and Dallas say the Colts aren’t backing down regarding a trade for Jenkins. While the details of the Colts’ trade offers to the Cowboys aren’t known, it’s rumored they were in the ballpark of a late-round draft pick and a backup player. Dallas media and analysts scoffed at that, but the Colts area obviously more serious about this than once thought."

http://www.rantsports.com/dallas-cowboys/2012/06/05/dallas-cowboys-should-keep-indianapolis-colts-on-ropes-regarding-mike-jenkins-trades/

What???? Dominique Rodgers Cromartie runs a 4.29 40time what are you talking about

There's a difference between straight-line speed and change of direction speed. Wes Welker could never outrun DRC, but I bet you he could get open in the slot against him because he's quicker and more shift.

You can run a 4.10 and it doesn't matter cause you won't really get to use it if you're covering someone in the slot.

There's a difference between straight-line speed and change of direction speed. Wes Welker could never outrun DRC, but I bet you he could get open in the slot against him because he's quicker and more shift.

You can run a 4.10 and it doesn't matter cause you won't really get to use it if you're covering someone in the slot.

Just let the stats and fact just take you away and he is referred to as one of the quickest CBs as well just so you know but here are some facts for you

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/roster/dominique-rodgers-cromartie/aab8a2d9-6c6d-4734-9c71-78e973420ecb/

http://footballoutsiders.com/player/16790/dominique-rodgers-cromartie

You don't get these kind of stats for not being quick enough to cover. He isn't a nickel/slot corner just like Jenkins isn't your making my point for me they belong on the outside

Yes, we can obviously draft 1,2 or 3 next year, but we cannot guarantee that we get a 'high quality guy'. And a 'cheaper' bust is not preferable than Jenkins, who we know (or the Colts think) can contribute.

I'm really flabbergasted that people think we can just draft better and cheaper players, as if we have a magic wand...

If you can show me a CB that can cover a receiver for over 4-5 sec he should be in the hall of fame as the greatest db ever. Pass rush is a group effort if I have just one person as productive as ware I will take a Mccourty type DB in the 2nd rd over a Morris Claiborne type CB. You don't have to be great to be an effective CB if your pass rush can get their consistenly and efficiently. With a good pass rush you only have to cover WRs for a max of like 3 secs which an average CB can be effective at but with no pass rush you are asking wayy too much from your DBs to cover receiver for over 4-5 secs that's just not going to happen, it might happen occasionally

Teams have been able to run on us at will so there was no need to pass on us alot, Thats what contributed to us not giving up alot of yards in a few recent seasons in the past but their have been a few seasons where we ranked in the middle of the league or a couple times worse then that with a great pass rush

Welker gets open routinely on the outside using the same elite agility and C.O.D. skills, as well.

One of the reasons he can is because the league loves big WR's. Offenses fielding big receivers means opposing defenses want to field bigger DB's to cover them, and that creates an opportunity for the smaller guys to shred them with route running since bigger DB's (for the most part) can't hope to have that same kind of agility. It's all about matchups.

As far as personnel goes, Dallas already has a great slot CB in Scandrick, who also doesn't seem to keen to give up that position and move elsewhere. I don't know what they gain by moving Jenkins there, and right now, it looks like he'll be the #4 guy once things shake out and the top backup on the outside.

Teams have been able to run on us at will so there was no need to pass on us alot, Thats what contributed to us not giving up alot of yards in a few recent seasons in the past but their have been a few seasons where we ranked in the middle of the league or a couple times worse then that with a great pass rush

That's with the cover 2 not with the man to man thats apples and oranges

By pushing the issue are the Colts interfering in anyway? If Jenkins knows we're interested and would be a starter, wouldn't he continue to hold out, forcing the trade?

If I were running the Cowboys, I would respond to that by letting him sit out the entire year. I think making a point with a midlevel player that you can't dictate how we manage our roster is more important than trying to get a late round pick. Unless the other team is knocking my socks off, I'm calling the player's bluff. I believe that if he doesn't report, he doesn't accrue another year toward unrestricted free agency, nor does he get paid his $1 million salary. He'll come to camp.

And this is not some kind of AJ Smith power trip. Just don't want to do anything to encourage holdouts from malcontent players because they don't like that I signed or drafted players who will compete with them for their job. Don't throw a temper tantrum because you think I'll fold. Come to work, be a team player, and maybe you'll get something you want out of it. But there's no question that Jenkins holding out hurts him more than it hurts the Cowboys.

If I were running the Cowboys, I would respond to that by letting him sit out the entire year. I think making a point with a midlevel player that you can't dictate how we manage our roster is more important than trying to get a late round pick. Unless the other team is knocking my socks off, I'm calling the player's bluff. I believe that if he doesn't report, he doesn't accrue another year toward unrestricted free agency, nor does he get paid his $1 million salary. He'll come to camp.

And this is not some kind of AJ Smith power trip. Just don't want to do anything to encourage holdouts from malcontent players because they don't like that I signed or drafted players who will compete with them for their job. Don't throw a temper tantrum because you think I'll fold. Come to work, be a team player, and maybe you'll get something you want out of it. But there's no question that Jenkins holding out hurts him more than it hurts the Cowboys.

It should be a red flag to Grigs but I guess we are a little desperate. I like your logic but it I wonder if the Cowboys will lose patience, and not call his bluff. Maybe they just don't want a potential cancer around. I'm losing any excitement as I type this.

It should be a red flag to Grigs but I guess we are a little desperate. I like your logic but it I wonder if the Cowboys will lose patience, and not call his bluff. Maybe they just don't want a potential cancer around. I'm losing any excitement as I type this.

Trading for Jenkins never really excited me, to be honest. It's something that I think would have been cool if we had been able to give up a 5th or so, but nothing I thought would have been a major impact to our team. I think we've planted the seeds, and are watering, and now we just have to wait and see how our garden grows.