• Well-rounded
  • Durable
  • Experienced starter
  • Negatives:
  • Will need to continue to improve blocking in the NFL
  • Receiving ability is further along than blocking ability
  • Lacks elite speed

I personally still think fleener starts

How about both start in a 2 TE offense. On Fleener you forgot he has a 37 inch vertical which comes in handy in the red zone. Expect both Fleener and Allen to pick up the offense fast. Fleener can spread out and play a tall WR as well as work the slot and block inline. Allen can play the FB role and work as an inline blocker. Allen went in motion a lot at Clemson. Expect both to start. The Colts will run a lot of formations that require two TEs as well as some 3 or 4 WR sets. They will probably run 3 TE sets.

obivously on 2 TE packages they will both start, i think. but what about on 3 WR 1 TE set. who would start?

I'd guess they are 1 and the same. Our 2 TE package puts both in line, while our base 3 WR 1 TE set leaves Allen in line and splits Fleener out. There will be variations but that personnel group puts our 4 best weapons on the field in either formation and is the hardest to defend without substitutions.

I have hopes that Fleener's speed and athleticism will allow him to line up as a WideOut in some sets.

Allen is intriuging as he just started playing football in college (sound familiar?) being a basketball player in High School so he may have a higher ceiling than Fleener? Though at season's start and in a 1 TE Offense Fleener should be the starter, imo.

I don't think anyone can question that it is Fleener. I suppose Allen could beat him out in camp, but I don't see it. Most of Allen's long list of positives side with Fleener, just not the blocking aspect as much. Given that TEs in a 3 WR set don't necessarily stick around and block for the entire play, and generally chip and run, I'd see Fleener as the guy being the best check down for Luck.

And, given how rookies tend to not hold up their first season, I suspect we'll see a good amount of both.

They both start.........seriously, this will look like the 1998-2005 Colts with Dilger/Pollard and the Pollard/Clark.......

Wayne and Collie probably 'start' on the outside but you will see A LOT of different personnel packages with Avery/Hilton/Brazill rotated in from time to time to create different types of mismatches and overloads to one side or the other.

I am pretty sure we will see more different groupings and formations this year than in ALL the Manning years combined! A true fullback, double tight end, four wideouts, you name it I am sure we will see it.................and it will be fun to watch!

I think the fact Fleener was a higher pick (which means in theory he should have more talent) and the fact he was Luck's go to guy in college gives him the inside track to being the number one tightend. With that said I am sure we are going to see a lot of both guys.

Ya, the answer is both. Mismatch heaven for Arians, but Luck will have to get the ball out quickly, which I think he can.

Right on....with the two TEs..

Fleener is split wide...

and Allen is in a conventinal TE position (or lined up in front of Donald Brown in the backfield occasionally where he can flare out to either side)... with Wayne out wide and Collie in the slot .

Okay Rex Ryan!! Cover that!!!