Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Free Agents [Merge]

coltsguy510

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we may be able to add (if we have enough cap space) Justin Durant, Ryan Clady, Jason Mccourty, and Calais Campbell.

Here is their profiles with how much money they have made over the past few years. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/jason-mccourty/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ryan-clady/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/justin-durant/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/calais-campbell/

They each fill a need and we could adress the rest in the draft.

James Laurinaitis stands out, imo... love the kid. Jeff Otah could be a good RG if they feel that it's better for Ija to play RT.

I'm with you on Laurinaitis, think he's ace.

We obviously will have to look at OLB because wether Freeney plays well or not he isn't signed past next year and if we do resign him we have to look toward the future because he is getting up there in age. Between him and Mathis we will need help in that position.

To me my priorities (without watching this year) would be LT (premiere), WR(franchise #1), OLB (pass rusher), and CB (a great man corner to move Powers to the #2). Clearly it could change later but just looking at the team as it is that would be my priority. Clearly resigning a couple players like Collie and Powers and such but those positions would get my attention to upgrade with the best available players either in FA or whomever we are likely to get in the draft. We should have close to 50 million in cap space so that leaves roughly after draft picks of 40 million to resign and get 4 or 5 difference makers.

We obviously will have to look at OLB because wether Freeney plays well or not he isn't signed past next year and if we do resign him we have to look toward the future because he is getting up there in age. Between him and Mathis we will need help in that position.

To me my priorities (without watching this year) would be LT (premiere), WR(franchise #1), OLB (pass rusher), and CB (a great man corner to move Powers to the #2). Clearly it could change later but just looking at the team as it is that would be my priority. Clearly resigning a couple players like Collie and Powers and such but those positions would get my attention to upgrade with the best available players either in FA or whomever we are likely to get in the draft. We should have close to 50 million in cap space so that leaves roughly after draft picks of 40 million to resign and get 4 or 5 difference makers.

I just can't wait for next years season, free agency, and draft!!!!

Personally, I'd look at a couple of the safeties - Jairus Byrd, Kenny Phillips really stick out. That said, wouldn't want to make any calls on D until after this season, the Colts 3-4 is an unknown at this point.

I'm not that interested in Free Agency, what interested me more is the players we have to choose to re-sign.

As far as I'm concerned, we need to re-sign:

Austin Collie

Jerraud Powers

Pat McAfee

Justin Snow

4 guys who I believe are very important to this team - our #1 CB, #1 fan favourite/punter/future kicker? and our future #1 wideout.

Just to expand on that, I believe Austin is hugely underrated. Was having a superb season in 2010 until the unfortunate concussions, and last year still was reliable despite being underused and barely targeted. He's our own Wes Welker.

I think we also cannot underestimate Justin Snow - the guy's never had a bad snap (that I remember). LS is often under-appreciated, and he's often one of our top tacklers on ST

Personally, I'd look at a couple of the safeties - Jairus Byrd, Kenny Phillips really stick out. That said, wouldn't want to make any calls on D until after this season, the Colts 3-4 is an unknown at this point.

I'm not that interested in Free Agency, what interested me more is the players we have to choose to re-sign.

As far as I'm concerned, we need to re-sign:

Austin Collie

Jerraud Powers

Pat McAfee

Justin Snow

4 guys who I believe are very important to this team - our #1 CB, #1 fan favourite/punter/future kicker? and our future #1 wideout.

Just to expand on that, I believe Austin is hugely underrated. Was having a superb season in 2010 until the unfortunate concussions, and last year still was reliable despite being underused and barely targeted. He's our own Wes Welker.

I think we also cannot underestimate Justin Snow - the guy's never had a bad snap (that I remember). LS is often under-appreciated, and he's often one of our top tacklers on ST

we are making tackles on special teams now? :clap:

Can you imagine contract negotiations breaking down between the Jets and Darrelle Revis and we have 50 million to spend?

Ummm, can you say instant top 10 defense? But with the 2013 draft class being pretty good at CB from what Im told, even if we cant land a top Free Agent, we can always target a top CB in round 1 or 2.

Colts UFAs will be...........Freeney, Collie, Powers, McAfee, Johnson, Moala, Snow........also Stanton, Avery, Justice......Restricted FAs will be Caldwell, Reitz, Linkenback............

With all the money we will have next year, we should resign Pat McAfee, and Powers, Moala, and Collie provided they can stay healthy and produce.

Then I would love to see us target one good stud. Maybe a LT like Jake Long. Or dreaming here, but CB Darrelle Revis!!!

I can see Mike Wallace wearing a Colts uniform. He is the prototypical Bruce Arian's receiver and he would probably love to pair up with him and Andrew Luck. Plus I see him as one of the only players on that list who will not get a long term deal this season or franchised next season. I'd find it difficult to imagine the Jets not franchising Revis or the Broncos not franchising Clady. The Steelers simply don't have the cap room for Wallace.

http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/ Here are some of the top free agents for 2013. If you know the state of their contracts just post.

wouldnt mind seeing Mccoy or Rice on the team next year. and with all the "money" we should have there shouldnt be a problem in signing one of them. and maybe even add Jake Long LT from Miami. wishful thinking but could be a possibility. and none of them will cost a draft pick either.

Out of everyone mentioned Long seemed the most intriguing. I honestly think if we draft well we can fill the skilled positions with our own talent. I think Luck like Manning will instantly improve most players and get the most out of them but I also don't think we need superstars at every position. Kinda like the Saints on offense I think we will spread it around meaning we won't have any one player stand out. If anything on offense I would rather spend it on a dominant offensive line and then on the defensive side of the ball. I think that is likely where we will see it.

As for Revis he is clearly great but he is about at the peak of his career. I can't say the next 5 or 6 will be as good as his previous. Also he holds out and wants his deal restructured every year it seems. Don't like that attitude or precedence being set for the team.

With all the money we will have next year, we should resign Pat McAfee, and Powers, Moala, and Collie provided they can stay healthy and produce.

Then I would love to see us target one good stud. Maybe a LT like Jake Long. Or dreaming here, but CB Darrelle Revis!!!

.........yes, and I don't think we should rule out Freeney either......if he plays up to his own high standard in the new defense, I think the Colts will resign him....he stated recently he wants to end his career in Indy.........

.........yes, and I don't think we should rule out Freeney either......if he plays up to his own high standard in the new defense, I think the Colts will resign him....he stated recently he wants to end his career in Indy.........

As long as he's comanding no where near 14 mil per year Im fine with that. Somewhere around 7 or 8 mil a year is good for a guy getting older like him.

I can see Mike Wallace wearing a Colts uniform. He is the prototypical Bruce Arian's receiver and he would probably love to pair up with him and Andrew Luck. Plus I see him as one of the only players on that list who will not get a long term deal this season or franchised next season. I'd find it difficult to imagine the Jets not franchising Revis or the Broncos not franchising Clady. The Steelers simply don't have the cap room for Wallace.

I would love to see us get Wallace, with him knowing Arians system. I think that if we get a top LT, that we could eventually have one of the best O-Lines in the league with a to LT, Costonzo at RT, and Ija at RG. We would need a center and guard, unless someone pans out. I think that if we get a franchise LT, Wallace, Campbell, a Corner in FA, and then have the draft. We could be set for years with all the young talent.

I believe next season we will think more about the D, although it's too early to predict lol. I think we will go for DB especially, I don't know who exactly.

I know, but a lot of franchise OT's are FA's next year. We need to invest in Lucks protection.

Yup, but Clady, if not franchised, wouldn't be too much of a downgrade and could be less expensive.

Jake Long is HoF LT who is still young. I wouldn't complain with any of them after watching our line the last couple of years :).

Jake Long is HoF LT who is still young. I wouldn't complain with any of them after watching our line the last couple of years :).

Definitely not (about our O-Line). I was saying that we could try to get him if we couldn't get Long or if he was too expensive.

we need a shutdown corner, or a great corner, or a good corner, or an average corner. We only have one and he is in the good category and you know who i'm talking about. that leaves no other corners....... we need a corner badly. if there is an injury to JP, we are dust.

If we address OLB, CB, OT, and WR in FA. what position should we pick up in the draft?

I think that if we address all four of those that we should get Manti Te'o ILB in the first round and get OG Chance Warmack or OL Barrett Jones (If he's available) in the second round.