Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans post game

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is the kind of crap why this will probably be my last post. People like you are way to happy that you could be proven right. Your want to be proven right instead of this team succeeding. This forum has become toxic.

Your post has way more toxic attitude than anything I have said.  If you are offended by comparisons of AR to Jacob Eason or Carson Wentz, that's on you.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The problem is you  always go over board.  All the haters do. 

Seems like you hate Shane.

The GM called out Wentz in public for not taking the layups, so why do you blame Shane for where AR decides to throw the ball? 

21 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Had a day to think things over. There's nothing we can do except root for AR to get better.

The GM, coaches, and team are all invested in him. They are going to play AR no matter what, good or bad.

We might as well watch and let things unfold.

The start to the Steelers game was such a good feeling moment. The kid needs another game like that, but to stay in it and stay healthy. 

I agree with you. There's nothing we can do at this moment but hope he can learn from this past game and move on. 

I'm not expecting him to be Mahomes out of the box. 

But he's got to be better. Hell the entire team needs to be better. 

• Like 2

Really rooting for the kid but it seems like the pressure is weighing on him heavily so many non Colt fans and Colts fans are wishing for him to fail. It just sucks all around and my excitement for this season is getting smaller by the week. 😔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is the kind of crap why this will probably be my last post. People like you are way to happy that you could be proven right. Your want to be proven right instead of this team succeeding. This forum has become toxic.

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The problem is you  always go over board.  All the haters do. 

You do tend to skew against Steichen for every problem with the team. Which, I understand that he's the coach so naturally he should get the main share of blame for losses. 

That said, tt's okay to step back and see that AR is struggling. It's okay to say Shane could call better (maybe have JT go with 30 carries and Richardson only throw for 20 for example). 

Very few of us hate Richardson. I really like the kid. I think he can make some awesome throws. I think he has talent. 

But he's definitely struggling. And it was honestly expected that he'd struggle. That's why the team isn't panicking. They knew going into this year this is most likely what we'd see most games. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think he has had plenty of time when you compare it to the amount of time QBs taken top 10 have studied, practiced, and played at all levels of FB.   

AR probably should have been treated like Sam, Jacob Eason, or Stetson Bennett and taken later as a true developmental QB. 

And many of those quarterbacks who have had the time to develop in college still don’t make it in the NFL.  Top 10 picks included.  Let’s face it AR was over drafted with the 4th pick.  He is a major project that will take years imo. He should be benched asap and be allowed to develop behind Flacco.  It didn’t hurt Mahomes at all to sit and learn behind a vet.  He can get his snaps and work on his issues in practice.  He doesn’t belong on the field right now.  A splash play a half doesn’t cut it.  They owe it to the rest of the team to make the switch.  We have a better team than the Titans and Panthers and they benched their 2nd year quarterbacks.  Our quarterback is the worse in the league.  He doesn’t belong in the starting lineup.  I would bench him and let him fight for the starting spot next season.  I suppose we could always bring him back this year if and when we are eliminated from playoff contention but today he needs to sit.  For his own good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know how so many of you watched yesterday and came away feeling like AR has no shot at becoming the guy. He was a few drops, a couple of feet being inbounds instead of out of bounds, and a few penalties away from having a heck of a game. He certainly had some bad moments, too, but nothing that made me think he is just too awful to ever be a good QB. He also broke out of several sacks yesterday. The numbers are bad, but he doesn’t look lost at all, in my opinion. Just my $.02.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

And many of those quarterbacks who have had the time to develop in college still don’t make it in the NFL.  Top 10 picks included.  Let’s face it AR was over drafted with the 4th pick.  He is a major project that will take years imo. He should be benched asap and be allowed to develop behind Flacco.  It didn’t hurt Mahomes at all to sit and learn behind a vet.  He can get his snaps and work on his issues in practice.  He doesn’t belong on the field right now.  A splash play a half doesn’t cut it.  They owe it to the rest of the team to make the switch.  We have a better team than the Titans and Panthers and they benched their 2nd year quarterbacks.  Our quarterback is the worse in the league.  He doesn’t belong in the starting lineup.  I would bench him and let him fight for the starting spot next season.  I suppose we could always bring him back this year if and when we are eliminated from playoff contention but today he needs to sit.  For his own good.

Cowherd said that 80% of all NFL players don't know which team they will play for next season, even contracts don't mean firm commitments. 

There is a balance between wanting to develop AR and not stunting the careers of other teammates by terrible QB play.  I'm not an advocate for playing Flacco because he gives us the best chance to win (probably nothing substantial in the end), but there comes a time where the rest of the team gets better when everybody can be more competent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, C_Lew said:

I don’t know how so many of you watched yesterday and came away feeling like AR has no shot at becoming the guy. He was a few drops, a couple of feet being inbounds instead of out of bounds, and a few penalties away from having a heck of a game. He certainly had some bad moments, too, but nothing that made me think he is just too awful to ever be a good QB. He also broke out of several sacks yesterday. The numbers are bad, but he doesn’t look lost at all, in my opinion. Just my $.02.

Exactly I’m more frustrated with the play calling. Also not enough criticism to most of our WR/TEs hardly putting in effort and fighting for the ball. Expect Downs he actually plays with energy and passion he’s a stud. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think he has had plenty of time when you compare it to the amount of time QBs taken top 10 have studied, practiced, and played at all levels of FB.   

AR probably should have been treated like Sam, Jacob Eason, or Stetson Bennett and taken later as a true developmental QB. 

He owed to himself and teammates to make time. The fact that he looked so bad tells me 1.) He is not learning or 2). He does not absorb what he is being taught. I want him to succeed because I'm tired of the back to back to back, etc. failures the Colts have done in the QB position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Exactly I’m more frustrated with the play calling. Also not enough criticism to most of our WR/TEs hardly putting in effort and fighting for the ball. Expect Downs he actually plays with energy and passion he’s a stud. 

Yeah I was pretty disappointed in the help he received from the targets yesterday. Overall, though, I’m pleased with where AR and the team as a whole are. People act like the Texans have made championship type moves and have an incredible team, but then choose to act like we’re a completely inept team because we lost to them in a very tight game. I understand the frustration from the fans because of how the last 7 or so years have gone. But for the first time, I think we’re truly headed in the right direction and think the best thing we can do as fans is to be patient.

• Like 2

As for Richardson, I am almost more disappointed in his after the game comments as of late than his actual play.   For a guy who has been flat out terrible, he certainly doesn't seem very humble or willing to acknowledge his weaknesses.  I would be very concerned if I am the Colts brass about his leadership abilities.

Also, what is going on with the Colts TE's?  I know AR is not very accurate, but wow are the Colts TE's invisible.  Makes you wonder what Ballard was thinking when he chose to go with a DE who has also been invisible most of the year instead of trading up a few spots and taking one of the top rated TE's in NFL draft history and who is playing off the charts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C_Lew said:

Yeah I was pretty disappointed in the help he received from the targets yesterday. Overall, though, I’m pleased with where AR and the team as a whole are. People act like the Texans have made championship type moves and have an incredible team, but then choose to act like we’re a completely inept team because we lost to them in a very tight game. I understand the frustration from the fans because of how the last 7 or so years have gone. But for the first time, I think we’re truly headed in the right direction and think the best thing we can do as fans is to be patient.

One thing is for certain. 

The Colts showed that the Texans are not in the same stratosphere as the Chiefs. I think we can lay rest the ridiculous notion that Stroud was going to overthrow Kansas in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sadly he’s reminding me more and more of George than Manning and Luck that’s for sure.

I hate to admit it but it is looking more and more like that is the case.  Hopefully he can actually learn and put his ego aside.  Unlike George.  But they do seem pretty alike in ways.  Big arm.  Always told how great they are.   Not having to earn a starting spot.

The guy on the Fan radio show said it today.  Entitled. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

One thing is for certain. 

The Colts showed that the Texans are not in the same stratosphere as the Chiefs. I think we can lay rest the ridiculous notion that Stroud was going to overthrow Kansas in the playoffs. 

Colts win by 10 with average QB play yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Also, what is going on with the Colts TE's?  I know AR is not very accurate, but wow are the Colts TE's invisible.  Makes you wonder what Ballard was thinking when he chose to go with a DE who has also been invisible most of the year instead of trading up a few spots and taking one of the top rated TE's in NFL draft history and who is playing off the charts. 

The QB decides where the ball goes.  I don't understand why folks don't know this.

• Thanks 1

This was a Stinging loss to me, gut-wrenching defeat.  Knowing the importance of this game against the Texans and having every chance to win it.. I gave it some time to sink in, it’s a terrible loss. 

Knowing full well, we all were thinking Flacco will come in and win that important divisional game. It should have happened. Then, come back and start AR against the Vikings. I like AR as a person, don’t like his Performance. He is Business Immature, his antics are not setting with me personally. 

The great news for Sunday Night National Television Audience, Daylight Savings Time ends and most of the TV audience will be snoring by the end of the first quarter.

This is from The Indy Star 10/28/2024: No comment.

"I feel like I'm a great passer," Richardson said after his 10-for-32 performance. "... I'm just a different quarterback from everybody else, so people are going to point out that I'm not as efficient as everybody else, but it's cool to me. I run the ball way better than every other quarterback -- probably not Lamar (Jackson) but most quarterbacks."

Does anyone really think Flacco would of won that for us? The Texans Dline was eating our Oline up. Putting Flacco in there for meaningful snaps would of been similar to Nick Foles vs the Giants.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KB said:

Does anyone really think Flacco would have won that for us? The Texans Dline was eating our Oline up. Putting Flacco in there for meaningful snaps would have been similar to Nick Foles vs the Giants.

Yes, I do. I may be in the minority here, but AR needs what I call, “A Scorpion Slayer” moment.

Let me explain, if a Scorpion is crawling up your arm and I reach over and slap your arm to kill the scorpion, it will cause you temporary pain, But, I just saved your life. He needs an Ice Bucket moment in his career right now!

17 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Colts win by 10 with average QB play yesterday.

I don’t know. AR was pressured on nearly 2/3rds of his dropbacks and sacked 5 times. Put Flacco in that situation and he’d been eaten alive. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don’t know. AR was pressured on nearly 2/3rds of his dropbacks and sacked 5 times. Put Flacco in that situation and he’d been eaten alive. 

Joe Flacco doesn’t keep Hunter and Anderson from dominating the edge. 

what an effort by our tackles. lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Well in fairness he said average QB play which I took to be more of a general statement than saying it had to be Flacco.  Yes I know in a practical sense it had to come from Flacco but I don’t think that’s what he was getting at it.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

"I feel like I'm a great passer," Richardson said after his 10-for-32 performance. "... I'm just a different quarterback from everybody else, so people are going to point out that I'm not as efficient as everybody else, but it's cool to me. I run the ball way better than every other quarterback -- probably not Lamar (Jackson) but most quarterbacks."

well, not much else to be said. Clueless! He needs to be benched and get a wake up call!

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

flacco would have gotten the ball away quicker or adjusted the plays or protection, maybe a sack or two but that happens every game.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Well, at least he didn't say "I've got a cannon and like to show it"  That would be so much worse......

BTW, I think he runs the ball/escapes only a little bit better than Carson Wentz did.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Raimann has to wait on a potential blitzer from his side, then will never be able to catch Anderson with so much space.  That was a great rush scheme by HOU.   Forcing the QB to his left.

21 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Joe Flacco doesn’t keep Hunter and Anderson from dominating the edge. 

if he stayed in the pocket instead of running out, he would have been able to make a throw. Like I said before, he doesn’t help his line in pass protection. No part of his game is nfl ready, sorry.

46 minutes ago, KB said:

Does anyone really think Flacco would have won that for us? The Texans Dline was eating our Oline up. Putting Flacco in there for meaningful snaps would have been similar to Nick Foles vs the Giants.

The difference is Flacco has the experience to check to a better play at the line of scrimmage.  That’s where Rivers was great.  AR doesn’t have a clue.  Big difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Yes. Thats the correct statement and what a lot of people are missing. He is so far away that he looks like guys you draft and develop in the later rounds. He looks like he’s 4-5 years away. He’s is playing on physical traits solely. That level of rawness is not something that can be fixed by just playing. He’s essentially a guy who came out of High School, played 1 season as a starter at Florida and then jumped to the NFL. I think he’s even further behind where Bryce Young is tbh. He looks like Joe Milton essentially.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PFF has the Colts pass catchers (WR, TE, RB) with 1/8 contested catches made - 12.5%. Only credited with 2 drops, but then PFF are very lenient with what they call drops.

AR's average depth of target was 16.5 against the Texans. 

There's a lot of bad to say about this game. I think the defense was mostly good, but the offense was just bad. AR needs to learn to not always chuck it deep and understand the benefit of keeping plays alive by taking the layups. Steichen has to call more quick-hitters and screens. The Colts need to run AR and run more in general. It's just been a mess all season.

Some posters are complaining about the te’s, but when Flacco plays.

tenn 6 catches

pitt 1 catch

jack 7 catches

i said it before, a good qb(Flacco) will use his te’s. 

stop with the excuses for richardsons poor play.