Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I disagree with needing an Edge. We’re good there.

we need a DT/NT in Buckners mold. Stewart is good,  but we need a consistent game wrecker in the middle along side Buck.

that and we need to blitz more often

I won’t complain if Ballard takes A DT high. It gives us a good back to Buckner and his future replacement. Should be planning for the future without Buckner. 

as I have said Not a Bradley fan or his scheme... would love to have a defense like the  Ravens, Cheifs, Steelers... one of these days...

But got to give credit where credit is Due... 

We actually Shut Down Tyreek Hill and Waddell today and it has Been a Long time since we have done that... taking out a teams #1& 2 WR's   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

ATT   YDS  AVGT D INT    SACKS  QBR           RTG

CJ Stroud  10/21   86     4.1    0    0     4-31      22.0          58.8

Anthony Richardson#5

ATT        YDS     AVG   TD  INT   SACKS    QBR    RTG

10/24   129       5.4      0    0         0-0      24.3     59.2

Dolphins:  

Huntley  7/13    87     6.7    1  0    2-12  25.1          100.5

Boyle :      8/13    74     5.7    0  0    0-0    70.7          77.1

Team :      15/26  149   6.2    1   0    2-12--               88.8

Yes He did Barely....but look we gave a 3rd string ( off the street their term not mine) a 70.1 % not getting the 100.5 RTG for Huntley since he has a 25.1 QBR...

Happy for the Ugly win... still not a fan of Bradley and his scheme... why was he so much better with the charges... did they have that much more talent??

I thought Stroud was the next Peyton Manning chuckling homer simpson GIF

I can't wait until next week when we whip these chumps!

2 hours ago, CS Coltsfan said:

as I have said Not a Bradley fan or his scheme... would love to have a defense like the  Ravens, Cheifs, Steelers... one of these days...

But got to give credit where credit is Due... 

We actually Shut Down Tyreek Hill and Waddell today and it has Been a Long time since we have done that... taking out a teams #1& 2 WR's   

If there is any offense in the league built for the Colts to stop it’s Miami.  Their offense is go long with the receivers and that’s what Bradley’s defense is totally based on stopping.  

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

I disagree with needing an Edge. We’re good there.

we need a DT/NT in Buckners mold. Stewart is good,  but we need a consistent game wrecker in the middle along side Buck.

that and we need to blitz more often

Who is our edge rushers? Latu is a rookie and showing promise. They use 4 to rush, so yea we need another legit edge.

• Like 1

I thought the game was good. Finally got some timely takeaways on defense. Jones was outstanding. Did anyone notice how perfectly Womack played that final pass attempt at the end? Offensive line was exceptional today, but my opinion is Bortolini should be playing(man our offensive line is loaded our 10th best lineman would start for the steelers, no joke). Receivers looked good today, Goodson was good, Sermon picked up some tough yards when needed. Defensively we still need to tighten up and blitz more often. Good things happen more often when we blitz. I was a little puzzled by the poster here who thought Stuard played great and should replace Speed because he had 18 tackles. Speed is a lot better than Stuard and needs to be on the field. We need to play 3 linebackers more often to get Carlies on the field. Richardson looked ok, the thing about about Richardson is he doesn't look lost or confused out there which is good considering how little experience he has. He's getting it, he just needs time. Sanchez had another great game punting also. It was also nice to see Gay's kicks going straight instead of angling to the left off of his foot as he kicked. Nice to get the win in a game we needed, but in reality, you need every game!

Good:

I'm looking forward to more Olubi in the future. Dude has some wheels, and should start over Speed 

AR's turnaround and nice passes in the 2nd half 

Jones is starting to look like a legit CB 

Matt Gay did well

Shut down Tyreek Hill 

Bad: 

AR's middle school numbers in the first half and then finishing with only 10/24 129.....YEESH 

The announcer (Moose) said when he talked to Flacco, Moose asked him if AR is picking his brain all the time. Flacco said AR doesn't even know what questions to ask. YIKES 

Swiss cheese D line 

Pierce has got to catch those balls and help out the struggling QB 

My butt clenching every time AR takes off on a run 

Another non-enjoyable win. Love winning, but unfortunately it's in spite of AR. Feels like we'll get another mediocre record and AR won't develop like last year. The only difference is instead of missing the year like last year, he'll be healthy and just play poorly. This season is fools gold. Winning against terrible teams by the skin of our teeth, yet the QB is holding us back and teetering on bust territory. 

I'd like to see some improvement from AR, and it's not happening. It's just embarrassing and sad to see him out there and struggle. Again, happy with the win, but the games are non-enjoyable and AR isn't improving. Luckily, we faced Tyler Huntley this week. 

• Like 4

For all the ballyhoo about the genius of Mike McDaniel, I came away very underwhelmed by his gameplan coming into this one. Especially coming off a bye. 

Huntley has had his most success in offenses where he’s allowed to run and use his legs to create opportunities. All of the Dolphins talking heads came into this game saying “they haven’t taken any advantage of that part of his game in these starts so far” and you would think with two weeks to prepare, they would have done a little more to play to his strengths than they did. 

Beyond that, I’m incredibly perplexed how they didn’t attempt to get Hill more involved than he was. You don’t have to hit him with a deep shot over the top for him to have any success. With his speed he’s a potential house call every time he touches the ball. They gave him 2 targets and a carry. Even Waddle, who is also a playmaking threat, only had 2 targets. 

I know their offense is hampered by the situation at QB, but they came in with an absolutely embarrassing gameplan that made literally no attempt to take advantage of anyone’s strengths in that offense. 

I don’t want to hear anymore about the genius of Mike McDaniel. 

• Like 2

Any win is irrelevant when the team sucks.  Just a horrible offensive performance and QB play.  

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

For all the ballyhoo about the genius of Mike McDaniel, I came away very underwhelmed by his gameplan coming into this one. Especially coming off a bye. 

MIA probably wins the game if McDaniel doesn't call two running plays to the fullback.  One resulted in a fumble in the red zone and the other gained no yards and resulted a doink 54 yard FG.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Huntley has had his most success in offenses where he’s allowed to run and use his legs to create opportunities. All of the Dolphins talking heads came into this game saying “they haven’t taken any advantage of that part of his game in these starts so far” and you would think with two weeks to prepare, they would have done a little more to play to his strengths than they did. 

Beyond that, I’m incredibly perplexed how they didn’t attempt to get Hill more involved than he was. You don’t have to hit him with a deep shot over the top for him to have any success. With his speed he’s a potential house call every time he touches the ball. They gave him 2 targets and a carry. Even Waddle, who is also a playmaking threat, only had 2 targets. 

I know their offense is hampered by the situation at QB, but they came in with an absolutely embarrassing gameplan that made literally no attempt to take advantage of anyone’s strengths in that offense. 

Huntley does not work with how that offense is built. They should have tried to go get Tannehill or a QB that can run that quick game and take advantage of those speedy play makers. Huntley proved he can play in the right system when he was with ravens.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Any win is irrelevant when the team sucks.  Just a horrible offensive performance and QB play.  

MIA probably wins the game if McDaniel doesn't call two running plays to the fullback.  One resulted in a fumble in the red zone and the other gained no yards and resulted a doink 54 yard FG.

lol no it isn’t irrelevant. Every win gets us closer to getting Taylor and Buckner back and  getting AR more reps. AR didn’t really have any errant throws. Were they late? Maybe. But that Miami defense has some elite guys in it.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol no it isn’t irrelevant. Every win gets us closer to getting Taylor and Buckner back and  getting AR more reps.

L O  L.  You really get excited about dreams of scraping into a Division title dancing in your head?  Why does that excite you?

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who is our edge rushers? Latu is a rookie and showing promise. They use 4 to rush, so yea we need another legit edge.

When fully healthy, We have

Latu

Paye

Dayo

Lewis

the dude who’s name I can’t spell but that’s on IR.

Latu and Dayo are our most consistent pass rush threat but with Buckner out, Latu is doubled a ton. Getting Buck back will help with that somewhat. Another stud at DT would for sure make it nearly impossible to double everyone

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

L O  L.  You really get excited about dreams of scraping into a Division title dancing in your head?  Why does that excite you?

No I am realistic and understand that in order to find out what AR can be it’s going to take more then 5 Games. Plus if we can win while he is developing that’s the best of both worlds. There is no way to know what he will be after 5 games.

2 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Another non-enjoyable win. Love winning, but unfortunately it's in spite of AR. Feels like we'll get another mediocre record and AR won't develop like last year. The only difference is instead of missing the year like last year, he'll be healthy and just play poorly. This season is fools gold. Winning against terrible teams by the skin of our teeth, yet the QB is holding us back and teetering on bust territory. 

I'd like to see some improvement from AR, and it's not happening. It's just embarrassing and sad to see him out there and struggle. Again, happy with the win, but the games are non-enjoyable and AR isn't improving. Luckily, we faced Tyler Huntley this week. 

Take off your blinders and you’ll see the improvement 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No I am realistic and understand that in order to find out what AR can be it’s going to take more then 5 Games. Plus if we can win while he is developing that’s the best of both worlds. There is no way to know what he will be after 5 games.

So the excitement should come from AR playing well and not by our 25th best team in the NFL barley beating the 30th best team.  

Which is why I said how irrelevant a win is.  AR didn't play the NFL QB position well because he still can't throw the ball.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Take off your blinders and you’ll see the improvement 

No, he hasn't.  He ran a few QB draws for a few yards, which Huntley could have gained the same yardage if he was our QB.  The rest of ARs game is the same or worse than last year.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So the excitement should come from AR playing well and not by our 25th best team in the NFL barley beating the 30th best team.  

Which is why I said how irrelevant a win is.  AR didn't play the NFL QB position well because he still can't throw the ball.  

I just say you should beat the teams you should and win a game or 2 against the better teams, that will get you into the playoffs. The Houston game will show me a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Huntley does not work with how that offense is built. They should have tried to go get Tannehill or a QB that can run that quick game and take advantage of those speedy play makers. Huntley proved he can play in the right system when he was with ravens.

Flacco doesn’t work with how our offense is built. Minshew didn’t work with how our offense was built. For some reason, we still changed things around to play to those guys’ strengths when they were forced into games anyways. 

It’s not illegal to change your offense around to take advantage of what you have to work with. Especially when it pertains to adding some designed QB runs. Of all the plays you could add to the playbook, what is easier than a designed QB run to take advantage of a QBs ability to run? You don’t have to worry about pass accuracy, or timing, or chemistry between QB and WR. 

If Huntley doesn’t work in how that offense is built it makes my point even more valid. McDaniel did #all to give him any kind of advantage or help. Throwing him out there asking him to execute concepts beyond his ability and then letting him drown as he attempts to make that work is just cruddy coaching. 

22 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Maybe Hill and Waddle were covered and that’s why they weren’t targeted.  The strategy to take Downs completely out of the game by having Ramsey cover him was brilliant. They almost won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just say you should beat the teams you should and win a game or 2 against the better teams, that will get you into the playoffs. The Houston game will show me a lot.

This isn't college FB, but a good NFL team handles MIA a lot better than we did. 

The win was still a disappointment, IMO, as is the season.  And the D was not the problem in this game.  They got off the field, and our O had balanced TOP.  The game just had terrible NFL QB play on both sides.

• Thanks 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Maybe Hill and Waddle were covered and that’s why they weren’t targeted.  The strategy to take Downs completely out of the game by having Ramsey cover him was brilliant. They almost won.

I am shocked that Miami didn't try to throw deep to Hill more, I was glad actually lmao 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

This isn't college FB, but a good NFL team handles MIA a lot better than we did. 

The win was still a disappointment, IMO, as is the season.  And the D was not the problem in this game.  They got off the field, and our O had balanced TOP.  The game just had terrible NFL QB play on both sides.

I thought the D played a good game for a change, AR struggled but did make some good plays too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Those guys are pro bowl WRs. Hill an all pro. Even if they were covered (and they were not blanketed all game long so let’s not start making absurd claims here,) you still make more of an attempt to get them involved. A screen pass, quick slants, some shallow posts where they can use their break to get a step and some position on the DBs and get the ball into their hands.

They did not make an honest attempt to get the ball into the hands of their best playmakers, regardless of what we did on defense. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Those guys are pro bowl WRs. Hill an all pro. Even if they were covered (and they were not blanketed all game long so let’s not start making absurd claims here,) you still make more of an attempt to get them involved. A screen pass, quick slants, some shallow posts where they can use their break to get a step and some position on the DBs and get the ball into their hands.

They did not make an honest attempt to get the ball into the hands of their best playmakers, regardless of what we did on defense. 

Or they didn't make an honest attempt to get the ball into the hands of their best playmakers BECAUSE of what we did on defense?

I think we were playing the pass on defense, which made them run the ball.  And they were pretty successful doing it.  The turnovers were what decided the game.  If they held onto the ball in those situations, they most likely would have won.  So, in effect, they had a decent game plan considering they were using a backup QB.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

They did not make an honest attempt to get the ball into the hands of their best playmakers. 

You don’t attempt to get them the ball when they are covered.  That’s asking for trouble.  And they were determined to run the ball on a banged up run defense.

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Or they didn't make an honest attempt to get the ball into the hands of their best playmakers BECAUSE of what we did on defense?

I think we were playing the pass on defense, which made them run the ball.  And they were pretty successful doing it.  The turnovers were what decided the game.  If they held onto the ball in those situations, they most likely would have won.  So, in effect, they had a decent game plan considering they were using a backup QB.

You don’t attempt to get them the ball when they are covered.  That’s asking for trouble.  And they were determined to run the ball on a banged up run defense.

Sure guys. Yesterday was the first time in the history of his career that Tyreek Hill had no chance to get open. None whatsoever. There wasn’t anything, literally anything, that could be done to get Tyreek Hill any separation at all. 

Got it. 

Vine Ok GIF

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Sure guys. Yesterday was the first time in the history of his career that Tyreek Hill had no chance to get open. None whatsoever. There wasn’t anything, literally anything, that could be done to get Tyreek Hill any separation at all. 

Got it. 

Vine Ok GIF

I am glad you have seen the light.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bradley faced the one offense his scheme is actually designed to hold up against. Finally a game without any explosive passing plays or ridiculous 3rd and long conversions. Don’t know why they couldn’t stop Jonu Smith but I’ll take it.

Good win, but I still have questions about the QB.

I am glad you have seen the light.  

I think the light you’re seeing may be oxygen deprivation if you think Tyreek Hill can’t get open. 

Not like he’s a hall of fame WR who has built his entire career on, get this, beating DBs and getting open or anything…

Just now, John Waylon said:

I think the light you’re seeing may be oxygen deprivation if you think Tyreek Hill can’t get open. 

Not like he’s a hall of fame WR who has built his entire career on, get this, beating DBs and getting open or anything…

I think Miami's head coach called a terrible game. I would have targeted Hill a lot against our secondary. I was laughing when he didn't.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Miami's head coach called a terrible game. I would have targeted Hill a lot against our secondary. I was laughing when he didn't.

It absolutely played into our hands. Even just a simple pick play underneath to get the ball into his hands and see if he could find some open space to work in would have been better than just ignoring him entirely. He’s literally the fastest player in the league, and he’s learned to use that to his extreme advantage over the duration of his career, it’s inexcusable not to take more advantage of that. 

We weren’t just locking him down as is being intimated here. That doesn’t happen often, and even the few times defenses have kept him covered for the majority of a game, he’s still been targeted more than a whopping two times. 

It’s coaching malpractice. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, csmopar said:

When fully healthy, We have

Latu

Paye

Dayo

Lewis

the dude who’s name I can’t spell but that’s on IR.

Latu and Dayo are our most consistent pass rush threat but with Buckner out, Latu is doubled a ton. Getting Buck back will help with that somewhat. Another stud at DT would for sure make it nearly impossible to double everyone

Dayo shows some promise but is up and down. Latu is a rookie and showing signs. Lewis and Paye are meh. Like Polian said. U can never have enuff pass rushers.