Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Not saying you but quoting you bc it’s about TEs. I think fans in general underestimate how hard the TE position really is. To get someone that can take on a DE, out run a LB or Safety, take hard hits over the middle while also being a reliable pass catcher is a rare blend of skills to find. Usually they can block or they can catch…hard to get one that does both. I like the Colts are exploring that position but I don’t think our future TE is on the roster yet. 

too bad we didnt get bowers

• Like 2

He doesn’t get talked about enough but Nelson was special today.  The way he gets out and moves he’s almost a fullback playing guard.  He was major factor on the drive where Sermon was getting yards.  The Phish were putting 10 yes 10, I counted, players in the box and he was still opening holes.  

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Could be a couple of times after he looks around like someone else missed their assignment so maybe he picked it up.

With Hill , waddle and OBJ on the field,  I'm guessing Smith was left to the linebackers.    He certainly wasn't a a guy they were focused on

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

too bad we didnt get bowers

I would have liked to have Bowers on the Colts also, but an a true impactful DE is extremely hard to find. They are virtually never available in free agency unless they are at the end of their careers.

i think Latu will be a difference maker and a good one for a long time. The Colts can upgrade the TE position much more easily going forward.

14 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Not saying you but quoting you bc it’s about TEs. I think fans in general underestimate how hard the TE position really is. To get someone that can take on a DE, out run a LB or Safety, take hard hits over the middle while also being a reliable pass catcher is a rare blend of skills to find. Usually they can block or they can catch…hard to get one that does both. I like the Colts are exploring that position but I don’t think our future TE is on the roster yet. 

U r correct.  The tight end position is one of the hardest to learn. They have to know both their blocking assignments and routes. They have to learn to block and catch against great defenders. One GM said it maybe the hardest position besides Qb to learn in the NFL.

• Like 2

Just now, richard pallo said:

If he was trying to get Bowers maybe he would be open to acquiring Andrew’s or Pitts by the deadline.

The ravens aren’t trading Andrews and I doubt the Falcons are the interested in trading Pitts either.  It takes more than one team saying hey we want that guy for a trade to happen.

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would you say it was a bad day?   Waddle and Hill were not a factor at all.   

They were  a non factor because they had no qb. Tua plays, and it is a whole  different game. We can go back and forth about the defense. They have played some pretty bad offenses so far. However, the next 5-6 game is going to define this defense. No excuses and no walking away from the truth. Let it play out, and we will c if the defense has turned the corner. The next 5-6 games will make or break the year for this team. Either they are a legit play-off team. Or they will be picking once again in the teens. This stretch, I also believe, will determine Gus and Ballard's future with this team.

4 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

That coaching move from Steichen to get Miami to burn the timeout was BRILLIANT.  That's the kind of stuff we were missing from last year.  Matt Gay was money today.  AR looked bad the first half, except the drive to get us on the board with the first FG.  He looked better the second half.  He's still a work in progress though.  Two fumble  recoveries by defense was excellent.  D played pretty good.

Yes. And that did put pressure on them in the end. That decision by Shane ended up ensuring the Dolphins ran out of time (and downs). 

Huge kuddos to Steichen for that. Still young and learning how to head coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Well yea. Staying healthy and getting better is my whole point. It’s something he hasn’t done. I don’t know how you can watch his play today and have any semblance of confidence in this kid. I hope I’m wrong, but I think the kid is a diaster 

Except for those 3 pesky Super Bowl rings he owns

I was being sarcastic about Mahomes. 

I’m serious about AR though. To the haters with blinders on that have already given up, it might be hard too. However his improvements are showing, somewhat, it’s slow and likely will be for a while yet. But I’ve noticed in the few games he’s played this year, including today, he’s learning how to position his body to avoid those big hits, he’s started sliding when he used to try for that extra few yards. Whike bot consistently yet, you can tell he’s been working it.

Ive also noticed his throwing the ball away more now than he did in his limited sample last year or even to start this year, 

I also saw some touch for once on the few shorter passes he had today. 

again, small sample size but it’s all in the eye of the beholder but I see enough to not call him a bust, yet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Sorry, sir.  I’m nearly 70.  There is no such thing as a “nothing season.”

I thought Throwing BBZ was being facetious. No?

Edit: I checked. It does seem Throwing BBZ was being sarcastic when he wrote it was a nothing season. (The person that you originally asked the question was serious about being unhappy with the team even when winning.)

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t know if it’s just the nature of the position but Ballard knows how to find linebackers that can play and be serviceable. They don’t hurt us.

Our LBs have not been good this year overall.   Today was an outlier.  I'm very happy that our LBs has a majority of the tackles today. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To me he runs more WR routes so really would have no where to post him.

Exactly. Don't need anymore wrs. This team needs another rush end and a legit corner.  Could also use a DT to rush the passer. I am not sure bout tight ends as I don't know of they suck or the qbs just are not throwing to them

• Like 1

I have always played sports to win, that’s what is fun. Flacco gives the colts the best chance to win. Flacco has a qb rating of 102, Richardson 60, ok Richardson can run but has 3 fumbles. Most teams aren’t going to let the colts run the ball without a real passing threat. The colts squeezed out a win against a bad team with their 2nd and 3rd string qb. There is no reason the colts can’t win the division with Flacco. I don’t think it will happen with Richardson. It’s not unheard of to let a qb sit for 2-3 years behind a vetran qb.

4 minutes ago, husker61 said:

I have always played sports to win, that’s what is fun. Flacco gives the colts the best chance to win. Flacco has a qb rating of 102, Richardson 60, ok Richardson can run but has 3 fumbles. Most teams aren’t going to let the colts run the ball without a real passing threat. The colts squeezed out a win against a bad team with their 2nd and 3rd string qb. There is no reason the colts can’t win the division with Flacco. I don’t think it will happen with Richardson. It’s not unheard of to let a qb sit for 2-3 years behind a vetran qb.

Flacco is 40.    You play the young guy.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Exactly. Don't need anymore wrs. This team needs another rush end and a legit corner.  Could also use a DT to rush the passer. I am not sure bout tight ends as I don't know of they suck or the qbs just are not throwing to them

I disagree with needing an Edge. We’re good there.

we need a DT/NT in Buckners mold. Stewart is good,  but we need a consistent game wrecker in the middle along side Buck.

that and we need to blitz more often

5 hours ago, IndyEV said:

From the looks of it, AR had a better day than CJ Stroud!!!

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

ATT   YDS  AVGT D INT    SACKS  QBR           RTG

CJ Stroud  10/21   86     4.1    0    0     4-31      22.0          58.8

Anthony Richardson#5

ATT        YDS     AVG   TD  INT   SACKS    QBR    RTG

10/24   129       5.4      0    0         0-0      24.3     59.2

Dolphins:  

Huntley  7/13    87     6.7    1  0    2-12  25.1          100.5

Boyle :      8/13    74     5.7    0  0    0-0    70.7          77.1

Team :      15/26  149   6.2    1   0    2-12--               88.8

Yes He did Barely....but look we gave a 3rd string ( off the street their term not mine) a 70.1 % not getting the 100.5 RTG for Huntley since he has a 25.1 QBR...

Happy for the Ugly win... still not a fan of Bradley and his scheme... why was he so much better with the charges... did they have that much more talent??

• Thanks 1