Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

How do you learn by not playing?  

The same way Jordan love did. Really what Anthony would be doing is working on his mechanics and football IQ. Flacco is showing us just how far Anthony is from even just being an average, let alone a good one. Stats wise, Richardson is a bottom 5 QB in the league. That doesn’t even include his lack of availability, which have pretty much all been on him not protecting himself. Some of yall forget that Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Hurts, etc… all sat. Heck Geno Smith sat on the bench as a backup for years and is having great success later on in his career.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Props to Womack - he was a difference maker today and the Colts best DB.

You don't say?  Did Moore play?

Just wondering if the pattern holds...that our best player in the DB group is yet another guy that Ballard didn't draft.  Not that he drafted Moore either.

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This offense is not good with Flacco. The offense is stagnant 

So far,  the offense is much better with Joe.  Stop acting like AR has been better.   He hasn't.    I agree he needs to start when healthy,  but Joe runs the offense far better.   Which makes sense, Joe has been doing it a long time

• Like 4

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

The same way Jordan love did. Really what Anthony would be doing is working on his mechanics and football IQ. Flacco is showing us just how far Anthony is from even just being an average, let alone a good one. Stats wise, Richardson is a bottom 5 QB in the league. That doesn’t even include his lack of availability, which have pretty much all been on him not protecting himself. Some of yall forget that Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Hurts, etc… all sat. Heck Geno Smith sat on the bench as a backup for years and is having great success later on in his career.

You’re assuming something that can’t be proven. There is no proof love is better because he sat. He could of played and learn and still be where he is today.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

So far,  the offense is much better with Joe.  Stop acting like AR has been better.   He hasn't.    I agree he needs to start when healthy,  but Joe runs the offense far better.   Which makes sense, Joe has been doing it a long time

No it isn’t 

1 hour ago, SR711 said:

- Overall, Flacco played well and made enough plays to put us in a position to win just as he did last week against Jax and the week prior against Pittsburgh.

- If we are being honest, playing Flacco gives us the best chance to win in the short term just as Minshew did last year.  However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what’s best for the franchise.  Bottom line best scenario/ceiling for a Flacco led team is the 2020 season with Rivers: a fringe playoff team that probably gets bounced in the Wild card round.  If the brain trust (Steichen, offensive coaching staff, Ballard, etc) in the franchise determined that AR development is best served by playing and playing through mistakes then it’s probably prudent to remain committed to that plan.

- With the above in mind, there has to be some questions in the building beginning to form regarding AR’s durability and how to go forward with it.  If the QB you drafted because he had traits that made him a unicorn dual threat, except now you can’t use one of those skill sets (using him as running threat) because it has led to a clear pattern causing injuries, it does lead to questions as to what to do offensively with him that maximizes his abilities but doesn’t increase his risk for injury and missing more time.

- A win is a win, but at the end of the day, the Titans look like a team that is headed for a top 5 pick withk in the 2025 draft so I’m not going to get overly excited about beating them.  Next week should similarly afford an opportunity to beat up on a bad team.

He needs to study Mahomes.  Use his legs to make plays in the air and to scramble for first downs.  Run out of bounds.  SLIDE.  Until he can do that as second nature, his running will always be a liability in form of high % chance for injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

The fact he was sharing reps with Flowers was disgusting. 

The key though is that this means he may be a decent 3rd or 4th corner, and not a starter. Ballard needs to not overreact to this and think he’s found the answer again. This happens every year and it’s starting to become a pattern. Some unheard of corner looks okay and then they’re handed the starting job and we hear “I like our guys” and then they get exposed the next year. Rinse and repeat. I remember these exact same convos and tweets about Flowers.

• Like 1

Titans are probably the one of the 3 worst teams in the league so barely beating them is nothing special but a win is a win. Watching the Jags get absolutely stomped by the bears right after beating us in a shoot out I think is more of an indicator of where the Colts currently are. However it doesn't mean anything as this season is about AR and finding out if he can game in this league or not, thats pretty much it so hopefully next week he is back and stays back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No it isn’t 

You are looking at about 2 exciting and successful quarters out of about 14 total this year, and 2 quarters out of about 10 last year.  What about the other 20?  I suppose the problem was the play calling. 

AR has not been a good QB in time he has played in the NFL.  But he should play if he is healthy, unless SS thinks its better he sit and watch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You’re assuming something that can’t be proven. There is no proof love is better because he sat. He could of played and learn and still be where he is today.

No it isn’t 

The offensive efficiency is absolutely better with Joe .   Acting like it isn't is ignorant 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You are looking at about 2 exciting and successful quarters out of about 14 total this year, and 2 quarters out of about 10 last year.  What about the other 20?  I suppose the problem was the play calling. 

AR has not been a good QB in time he has played in the NFL.  But he should play if he is healthy, unless SS thinks its better he sit and watch.

We have found common ground

• Like 1

Offense is pretty simple and this team can do it with AR.  

O line plays well, which allows JT to run and opens the field up for AR.  He just has to make first downs.  The players are all on the team, but they have to get off the bench.  

If that happens the defense just has to improve to mediocrity.  

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Womack starting is really going to make a difference.  We were lucky to get him.  The best is yet to come for him.

For all the heat Ballard has taken, and he’s deserved it don’t get me wrong, he deserves credit for getting Womack.  

• Like 3

I get and agree that AR should start.  But I'm not gonna let folks bag on Joe.  The dude is the reason we are 3-3.   He is doing his job.  He is the better qb right now.   Hopefully AR gets it together and becomes the QB of the future, but right now he can't carry Joe's jock.   His teammates know it as well.   When AR  gets healthy I hope he can run the offense half as good as Joe does

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I get and agree that AR should start.  But I'm not gonna let folks bag on Joe.  The dude is the reason we are 3-3.   He is doing his job.  He is the better qb right now.   Hopefully AR gets it together and becomes the QB of the future, but right now he can't carry Joe's jock.   His teammates know it as well.   When AR  gets healthy I hope he can run the offense half as good as Joe does

Last week on the post game show one of the analysts I forget which one pointed out that Flacco is right near the top in terms of QBR and AR is closer to the bottom. Complete opposite spectrums. This season is not about playoffs and contention though. Its about finding out if AR can play.

• Thanks 1

Flacco is doing what he was brought here to do, be a high end back up.  He deserves credit for that but you can see the limitations he brings starting to catch up to him.  The Titans were t-ing off on him with the pass rush until Goodson broke a couple of runs and made them back off.  Maybe it would be different with Taylor and a real running game but AR is the starter.  Flacco is a better version of Minshew.  Still he’s the best backup QB the Colts have had since Hasselbeck but he’s a backup.  Still no question he’s doing his job when called on.

• Like 5

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Last week on the post game show one of the analysts I forget which one pointed out that Flacco is right near the top in terms of QBR and AR is closer to the bottom. Complete opposite spectrums. This season is not about playoffs and contention though. Its about finding out if AR can play.

Before today Joe had the best QBR and AR had the worst.  I agree.   AR needs to play to see what he can do

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

For all the heat Ballard has taken, and he’s deserved it don’t get me wrong, he deserves credit for getting Womack.  

I agree (on both counts).  I just hope teams don’t start figuring him out.  

There’s a reason he wasn’t playing.   Or was SF that deep they didn’t need him?

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Flacco is doing what he was brought here to do, be a high end back up.  He deserves credit for that but you can see the limitations he brings starting to catch up to him.  The Titans were t-ing off on him with the pass rush until Goodson broke a couple of runs and made them back off.  Maybe it would be different with Taylor and a real running game but AR is the starter.  Flacco is a better version of Minshew.  Still he’s the best backup QB the Colts have had since Hasselbeck but he’s a backup.  Still no question he’s doing his job when called on.

All true, but it doesn’t matter how good Joe is playing.  He’s not the future. 

This season is about finding out if we have the future on the team or not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That simply makes no sense. Those other players sit because of great players in front of them.  Mahomes and Brady should have started right away. Smith was misused and thrown away by the Jets just like some colt fans want to do with Richardson. Now if Richardson cannot play then that is another issue. I have not seen any evidence that he cannot play. Flacco's play has not been inspiring nor will it be. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

To be fair, it is one poster that is criticizing Flacco and, in my opinion, that poster seems pretty set in the view that the offense is better with AR despite any evidence, data that is shown.

I do agree with you 100% that it is absurd to be overly critical of anything Flacco has done rhe last 3 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree (on both counts).  I just hope teams don’t start figuring him out.  

There’s a reason he wasn’t playing.   Or was SF that deep they didn’t need him?

They were very deep that’s what I read.  He played a lot last year and had a solid preseason.  They were hoping he would get by waivers and he didn’t.  Three teams put in claims including the Chiefs but we got him.  I think he was a known player.  We lucked out.  For sure.

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

And last week was a loss. We're mediocre at best with Flacco, it is what it is. People wanting to play Flacco are just trolling at this point. Just play AR and let him get the reps.

Nobody is trolling, it's a marathon not a sprint. We brought Joe in to win us a big game or 2 if AR wasn't 100%, Joe did today. Shane gambled and kept AR out this week and Taylor in the hopes we could win today, so celebrate the win. AR and Taylor both will be next week 100% :thmup:The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- smart move move by Shane. Flacco wasn't losing to Will Levis and even a novice fan would know that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sad but this will be his last year. He might just decide to retire instead of going to a different team. Good news is Ballard has us set up well for his departure.

AR will be here until 2026

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The offensive efficiency is absolutely better with Joe .   Acting like it isn't is ignorant 

Well that's by design, no? AR doesn't throw the ball as much as Flacco due to the # of designed run plays and his average YPA is a lot higher than Joe (or any other QB) in the NFL. Fewer passes and longer attempts will surely bring down the efficiency for the chance of more explosives and a stronger run game threat. I would say that the impact AR made in week 1 vs the Texans is on par with the performance Joe had vs the Jaguars and the Texans D is a lot tougher than the Jags.

• Like 1

Just now, colts89 said:

Well that's by design, no? AR doesn't throw the ball as much as Flacco due to the # of designed run plays and his average YPA is a lot higher than Joe (or any other QB) in the NFL. Fewer passes and longer attempts will surely bring down the efficiency for the chance of more explosives and a stronger run game threat. I would say that the impact AR made in week 1 vs the Texans is on par with the performance Joe had vs the Jaguars and the Texans D is a lot tougher than the Jags.

AR completed 9 passes week 1 and 3 ints week 2.  Joe is the better qb right now.   AR needs the work,  but acting like AR is better than Joe is either his mom or doesn't know football