Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is like watching a bad show in reruns...

Just sitting here thinking that all this seems way to familiar. Struggle out of the season, lose key divisional games and just bad defensive play.

I know a lot of us will agree they have seen this movie before but I truly wonder if Irsay's health has kept him away from the day to day operations and his family is running the team.

We all saw him in the wheelchair looking very frail and this is something we have not talked about. This could explain some of the issues with Irsay and family not wanting to make big changes during a health crisis. I could be way off but its an interesting thought

Your thoughts

• Like 2

My belief is Jim and the Daughters have a full grasp of the situation. They, like us are gauging AR’s likelihood of being our Franchise QB for years to come. Hopefully we get him back this week, I would like to see him take some revenge on Landry. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

My belief is Jim and the Daughters have a full grasp of the situation. They, like us are gauging AR’s likelihood of being our Franchise QB for years to come. Hopefully we get him back this week, I would like to see him take some revenge on Landry. 

AR is just one concern.  There are several that deserve immediate ownership attention.  Maybe they are dialed in - only they know.

• Like 2

When Irsay was younger and healthier, he stayed way too long with Grigson and Pagson. The ridiculous “tied at the hip” press conference. I don’t think bad decisions and being overly patient are new because of his health. Just my 2 cents though. 

• Like 5

Yep, same song and dance; it's old. I have just watched part of the games this season; I'm definitely not nearly as invested as I used to be. More enjoyable things to do in life on a Sunday than watch the mediocre to bad Colts.play football. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

When Irsay stepped in and fired Frank a lot of people said he was meddling. 

His meddling is good, sometimes.  he had to meddle to get Dungy at HC (Polian didnt want him)...  I think Richardson is the first QB we have taken so high, that he didnt make the pick himself (he wanted Peyton...he wanted Luck when Polian wanted to trade the pick and keep Peyton etc)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

His meddling is good, sometimes.  he had to meddle to get Dungy at HC (Polian didnt want him)...  I think Richardson is the first QB we have taken so high, that he didnt make the pick himself (he wanted Peyton...he wanted Luck when Polian wanted to trade the pick and keep Peyton etc)

imagine trading back for a boat load of picks, giving Peyton more talent winning some SBs and then A. luck retiring from another team. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Ballard basically brought back the same team. Plus an insane amount of injuries. What did he think was going to happen.

Putting the injuries aside.

It didn't take nor does it ever take anyone with a common sense of football and good football play to understand that when your team has been a consistent middle of the road mediocre team or worse with the same aspect in their overall player quality and then the GM re-signs or gives extensions to those middle of the road mediocre players that produced those middle of the road results, what did everyone really expect to happen here? That they would magically get better? 

It's one thing to want to retain your guys and if your guys are good or great then I totally agree. We all should. But when your guys are just a bunch of jags then you need better guys, not give jag guys contracts that some would argue are deemed for better players.

There are many on this forum that were happy when we signed all these jags and brought them back. Some of us were not.

Who is looking like the smart ones now?

Could it be the ones who always get chastised for being critical? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

It's one thing to want to retain your guys and if your guys are good or great then I totally agree. We all should. But when your guys are just a bunch of jags then you need better guys, not give jag guys contracts that some would argue are deemed for better players.

There are many on this forum that were happy when we signed all these jags and brought them back. Some of us were not.

Who is looking like the smart ones now?

Could it be the ones who always get chastised for being critical? :thinking:

But they are a good influence in the locker room 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2024 at 11:55 AM, indyagent17 said:

Just sitting here thinking that all this seems way to familiar. Struggle out of the season, lose key divisional games and just bad defensive play.

I know a lot of us will agree they have seen this movie before but I truly wonder if Irsay's health has kept him away from the day to day operations and his family is running the team.

We all saw him in the wheelchair looking very frail and this is something we have not talked about. This could explain some of the issues with Irsay and family not wanting to make big changes during a health crisis. I could be way off but its an interesting thought

Your thoughts

The colts struggles have nothing to do with the owners personal issues. Minus the Manning/Polian era this franchise has been mediocre or worst for the better part of  Half of Century.

A growing number of fans would say you hit the nail on the head when you compared the colts to rerunning a bad movie since people are now thinking it's scripted. haha

We would like some new writers BUT DOUBT the Networks and Advertisers like State Farm, Head & Shoulders shampoo, Verizon, etc.... Would like that. :funny:

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The colts struggles have nothing to do with the owners personal issues. Minus the Manning/Polian era this franchise has been mediocre or worst for the better part of  Half of Century.

A growing number of fans would say you hit the nail on the head when you compared the colts to rerunning a bad movie since people are now thinking it's scripted. haha

We would like some new writers BUT DOUBT the Networks and Advertisers like State Farm, Head & Shoulders shampoo, Verizon, etc.... Would like that. :funny:

"People and now thinking it's scripted"  :thmup:

Some people think the earth is flat as well.    

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes and some people are naive and think everything and everyone is honest.....and conveniently forget about how coaches were paid to lose games. :thinking:

29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes and some people are naive and think everything and everyone is honest.....and conveniently forget about how coaches were paid to lose games. :thinking:

Except that didn't happen

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Except that didn't happen

Your in Denial lol. 

Yes it did happen and coaches admitted it and the dolphins coach((who was offered but didn't except it) filed a law suit which the brownie coach  who accepted also came forward and signed as part of the lawsuit. 

Not debating it with you because its fact. 

You can beleive/be in denial all you want, I don't care but if you continue your harassing my every post I will put you on ignore like I warned you before.   

57 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Did you know the modern flat-earth movement was largely started by forum trolls making it as a joke? Essentially no one believed the earth was flat, these forum guys played this joke acting like it was real. The media picked it up as if it was real, and started promoting it as a popular conspiracy theory. The media themselves made it a thing and gave it publicity.

If people would stop talking about flat-earthers, they would cease to exist.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Your in Denial lol. 

Yes it did happen and coaches admitted it and the dolphins coach((who was offered but didn't except it) filed a law suit which the brownie coach  who accepted also came forward and signed as part of the lawsuit. 

Not debating it with you because its fact. 

You can beleive/be in denial all you want, I don't care but if you continue your harassing my every post I will put you on ignore like I warned you before.   

It isn't fact.    There is zero evidence to backup their claims.  Just because someone says something,  doesn't make it true

18 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

imagine trading back for a boat load of picks, giving Peyton more talent winning some SBs and then A. luck retiring from another team. 

That's what I wanted to do back when it happened!  The Rams got a HAUL for the #2 pick that year (RGIII) just imagine what we would have gotten for #1?!   Also, Luck barely played longer than Peyton did anyhow, in hindsight!        Now I DID want to get rid of Polian, and get a more aggressive GM...but I 100% wanted to keep Peyton and trade the #1 pick (but I was always a HUGE Peyton fan)

6 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

That's what I wanted to do back when it happened!  The Rams got a HAUL for the #2 pick that year (RGIII) just imagine what we would have gotten for #1?!   Also, Luck barely played longer than Peyton did anyhow, in hindsight!        Now I DID want to get rid of Polian, and get a more aggressive GM...but I 100% wanted to keep Peyton and trade the #1 pick (but I was always a HUGE Peyton fan)

yeah it really saddens my heart. Those were truly the good days. 

57 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

yeah it really saddens my heart. Those were truly the good days. 

Isn't it ironic how we never went after free agents with Polian while Peyton was here... But Denver went all in and went to 2 Super Bowls in 4 years (and won 1)...and it took Indy 12 years to accomplish the same thing?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using free agency to fill holes on a team to maximize your chance of winning. some people complain about mortgaging your future for the present, but if it results in even one Super Bowl win, then it’s worth it, because some teams never get that opportunity..

• Like 1

On 10/10/2024 at 12:20 PM, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

When Irsay stepped in and fired Frank a lot of people said he was meddling. 

Frank deserved to be fired. 

Irsay did meddle with bringing in Saturday and wanting to make him the permanent HC......and of course the Wentz  and Ryan stuff. 

• Like 1