Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AD Mitchell

Solid84

6 minutes ago, TigerColt said:

I don’t like ADM robbing Pierce of snaps. All Pierce does is make plays and FIGHTS for the ball. Sick of watching ADM short arms balls or pull up to avoid contact. Don’t see the “dog” in him at this point. 

Alec is our best and most willing blocking WR. He makes contested catches and makes every target count. 

AD will pull off a mind blowing move to get separation and then just doesn't try to catch the ball. It makes no sense.

We should be playing Pitt, Pierce, and Downs. AD needs to understand you can't play like that if you want to start.

• Thanks 2

Still need to continue going to AD. They had Pittman doubled which forced Flacco to go to his other guys. AD is the main guy we need to get things moving the right way. He's going to have to grow up in these next couple games. We need to reliably be able to go to Pierce, AD, and Downs when Pittman gets doubled down.

• Like 1

I am not going to judge him too early yet.  He shows signs.  For example his ability to get open.  That is important.  We 'think' he has good hands as he showed he did in college.   Right now he seems to be playing scared when it comes to getting hit, but if he can overcome that he should be a really good WR in time. 

Remember how so many here thought Pierce was horrible but he has shown he can play. 

• Like 2

I suppose it might be possible that he’s taking the typical route for developing as an NFL rookie receiver and needs to get comfortable in the offense and gel with the team.  4 catches, a pass, and an end around seems like progress to me.  Fearlessness is linked to confidence.  He’ll get there.

I havent read a post in this thread yet, but if it isn't a debate on whether he has alligator arms or T-Rex arms its a wasted thread.......some may say its because he is young, but if you won't lay out now, you wont lay it on the line later......you either are or you aint.......

I've noticed three times this season (in three different games) when Mitchell appeared to shy away from trying to make a catch to avoid a possible hit. In many years of watching the NFL, I don't remember noticing this happen with other receivers. It doesn't seem like a typical rookie thing. But am I just wrong about not seeing this with other NFL players? (My memory definitely isn't the greatest).  

• Like 1

Really don’t understand the AD hate, it took Pittman into his second year to start being productive. Alec Pierce took 3 years to be productive and I’d admit I was one of those who thought he was a bust. So maybe not kill the rookie who is not even half way through his first season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Really don’t understand the AD hate, it took Pittman into his second year to start being productive. Alec Pierce took 3 years to be productive and I’d admit I was one of those who thought he was a bust. So maybe not kill the rookie who is not even half way through his first season. 

I think it's down to it looking like AD shying away from contact. If it had just been regular "rookie stuff" it would've been a non-issue. It still could be, but at this point it's looking a little suspicious.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I think it's down to it looking like AD shying away from contact. If it had just been regular "rookie stuff" it would've been a non-issue. It still could be, but at this point it's looking a little suspicious.

I would say some people are trying to find it, when it’s not actually there. There was the pass that was just inaccurate last game that people said he was avoiding contact but when it was Pittman with the same route and pass, there was no complaint. 

Im with Tom Brady on this, it’s on the QB to protect the WR on ball placement. Don’t throw into contact where they are gonna get blown up. 

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I would say some people are trying to find it, when it’s not actually there. There was the pass that was just inaccurate last game that people said he was avoiding contact but when it was Pittman with the same route and pass, there was no complaint. 

Im with Tom Brady on this, it’s on the QB to protect the WR on ball placement. Don’t throw into contact where they are gonna get blown up. 

It'll probably get better, I just think it looks bad right now.

Tom Brady also has a highlight reel of him throwing hospital balls to his receivers, so yeah...

On 10/7/2024 at 1:06 AM, bsteves said:

The dude doesn't belong on a NFL football field. I'm disappointed in Shane for not grilling him when he plays scared. As a coach, how soft can you be? Even my middle school coaches would have lit us up playing like that. 

:facepalm:

• Like 1

This kid is going to be a star.    Everyone riding him just like they did Alec.      Reggie wasn't great as a rookie.   I hope they get him involved early with some short stuff and sweeps etc.    

I like him a lot 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

This kid is going to be a star.    Everyone riding him just like they did Alec.      Reggie wasn't great as a rookie.   I hope they get him involved early with some short stuff and sweeps etc.    

I like him a lot 

According to some, AD sucks already and he has only played 5 games chuckling homer simpson GIF

I wish we had this forum back when Reggie Wayne was a rookie, the comments in here would have been beyond comical. Reggie wasn't good at all as a rookie so most would have called him a bust. It usually takes 3 years to become a good WR unless you are a Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss type. I said in Pierce's rookie season he would become good in year 3, there it is.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I like him a lot 

They did some unique stuff with him last week which I thought was a great idea so he stays involved. He had the jet sweep plus the Toss on the trick play. He is so fast the jet sweeps are a great idea.

• Like 1

I will say, if there was ever a come out game for a player, this would be it.  Our WR1 just went down, our WR2 has been playing like a WR1 and will have the attention, AD is going to have to start putting some weight behind those draft day words.  

• Like 1