Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

37 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You'll probably think this is negative, when its just an objective question.

How many games has AR played great but got hurt?

Does AR finish the games when he sucks?

You'll probably think this is negative  when it's just an objective question. 

When have you made a positive post about your supposed favorite team?

Great win against a good team and a historical rival and you and @Moosejawcoltchoose to have negative takes.  

Are your lives that miserable?  You can't ever be positive?   Are your memories of the "aggressive laugh emojis" still haunting you?

Most fans are happy after a win.   Not you.   You choose nonsense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to work today but I was able to watch the game on YouTube 🤗

My colleague and I were going back and forth cheering…she is a Steelers fan.

My son is a Steelers fan and is “brainwashing” , my mean, conditioning his son to be a Steelers fan, too.🤣

I got upset when AR5 got hurt, but felt okay Mr. Flacco came in.

The Steelers had a game Plan A for AR5

but then went to Plan B for Mr. Flacco. :bossy:

AR5 is a big target and the defenses will keep hitting him hard🙈

I like the boxing analogy about taking a punch on a previous post 👍

I’ll discuss one of my previous post and add comment…Yes, the running back SHOULD have more carries and yardage than the QB…to prevent QB INJURIES…like today!

Always forward,

Go Colts!

IMG_4347.jpeg.aa9c7fb25dd649f93beb759ce3ad9021.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

for his size of frame he seems to be not tough enough to take nfl hits

He got a hip pointer, for chrissakes.

That really has nothing to do with toughness or durability.  It has to do with landing on the wrong spot with sufficient force.  And a person with AR’s size and speed is going to impart a lot of force.

57 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He can throw the ball accurately. The ball does not zoom over the receivers head.

And the sacks and drives that stalled. The fact JT couldn't get going because the threat of AR was gone. Those things matter

• Like 1

Fields looked a lot like he did with Bears today. We forced him to throw and get out of the comfort zone of the Steelers offense and he ended up having some bad plays. He is very hot and cold. Looks great sometimes but has some plays that cost them the game.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think AR should be alright. I don't like the hip pointer though. I'm probably overreacting because I recall a hip pointer is what ended Bo Jackson career.

I think I read just a little bit ago they think it’s just bruised. He will have a MRI tomorrow just to be safe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think AR should be alright. I don't like the hip pointer though. I'm probably overreacting because I recall a hip pointer is what ended Bo Jackson career.

Jackson had his hip pop out of socket and go back in.  I highly doubt that happened to Richardson.

I am not sure Buck will be ready after the 4 games. James Boyd said he still had something on his ankle. Hopefully they can keep winning so they can let him get fully healthy.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Jackson had his hip pop out of socket and go back in.  I highly doubt that happened to Richardson.

He wouldn’t have been walking on it if that sss the case. He would of been carted off to prevent any damage.

I am sure there are some who will disagree, and I didn't agree with the decision, but I really felt that SS took AR out of the game not so much because AR couldn't play, but because he was trying to teach AR a lesson.  Kind of like when a coach benches a rookie RB who fumbles.

AR simply has to learn how to slide and get down.   It seems he has not learned a thing from last year.  Both plays today he did nothing to protect himself.  First play he ran headfirst into 2 D players and got hammered.  And the second play he kind of said that the very last second "oh, I had better get down".  And more or less just went down on  his knees.  Neither time did he slide which after all the talk about learning from last year is inexcusable.

Watch Mahomes or any good QB and how they protect themselves.   Gaining another yard or 2 is not as important as protecting yourself and the ball.

So while if needed AR could have gone back in the game?  To me this was SS having it up to here with AR and his recklessness while running the ball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It didn't, Bo could not walk, Bo's came out of socket. Had AR had that happen, he would not been able run around and jump like he was doing. Like I said he wanted to come back in, some people are still Andrew paranoid lol. 

4 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I am sure there are some who will disagree, and I didn't agree with the decision, but I really felt that SS took AR out of the game not so much because AR couldn't play, but because he was trying to teach AR a lesson.  Kind of like when a coach benches a rookie RB who fumbles.

AR simply has to learn how to slide and get down.   It seems he has not learned a thing from last year.  Both plays today he did nothing to protect himself.  First play he ran headfirst into 2 D players and got hammered.  And the second play he kind of said that the very last second "oh, I had better get down".  And more or less just went down on  his knees.  Neither time did he slide which after all the talk about learning from last year is inexcusable.

Watch Mahomes or any good QB and how they protect themselves.   Gaining another yard or 2 is not as important as protecting yourself and the ball.

So while if needed AR could have gone back in the game?  To me this was SS having it up to here with AR and his recklessness while running the ball. 

I agree 100%, great post.

• Like 1

Just now, ColtAndOrioles said:

Let’s face it AR is still learning the game.  Even learning how to slide properly.  He didn’t have the benefit of being a backup for a year like Mahomes.  He was thrown right into the fire after playing 13 college games.  And today he is still the youngest starting quarterback in the league.  He should only get better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- You all wanted a signature win, we got it. No Moore, no Paye, and AR leaves the game and still won. Haters can take that to the bank. 2-2. NEW SEASON NOW. 

Happy about the win. Richardson looked good in a limited sample size. Nice to see him run, just need him to avoid getting hurt. Love Bortolini, he was a guy I was very high on in the draft, and he is already capable of starting. Just hoping AR and Taylor are 100% next week.

Like you said, it's a new season, and the best way to start that is to beat Jax in Jacksonville to end the curse.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Absolutely nonsense.   But it is a theory.   Not a good one though

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Happy about the win. Richardson looked good in a limited sample size. Nice to see him run, just need him to avoid getting hurt. Love Bortolini, he was a guy I was very high on in the draft, and he is already capable of starting. Just hoping AR and Taylor are 100% next week.

Like you said, it's a new season, and the best way to start that is to beat Jax in Jacksonville to end the curse.

I think AR will be fine, it's a hip pointer, minor. I am more concerned about Taylor's ankle. Flacco is still a bad boy too. Downs reminds me of TY Hilton. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Please answer the question...I know that's a tough ask.

I tell you what. So AR has some success on the first two drives. He did fumble after getting hit, didn't he? He is good for at least 3 turn overs when he plays the whole game. He is fragile.And by the way, playing the whole game is about as consistent as him being good for a couple of early drives. Old man Flacco comes in and plays well enough to win. He is wearing Earl Morrels old jersey and will do just as well. And back to you. No, I am not going to answer the question either. Why? Because your trying to be a smart......person.

1 minute ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

I tell you what. So AR has some success on the first two drives. He did fumble after getting hit, didn't he? He is good for at least 3 turn overs when he plays the whole game. He is fragile.And by the way, playing the whole game is about as consistent as him being good for a couple of early drives. Old man Flacco comes in and plays well enough to win. He is wearing Earl Morrels old jersey and will do just as well. And back to you. No, I am not going to answer the question either. Why? Because your trying to be a smart......person.

You hate AR so your opinion doesn't matter Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

3 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I am sure there are some who will disagree, and I didn't agree with the decision, but I really felt that SS took AR out of the game not so much because AR couldn't play, but because he was trying to teach AR a lesson. 

I don’t know one way or another if this is true or not. But I do find it plausible. 

It is my opinion that Shane Steichen believes job #1 this year is to mold AR into the long term answer. At any cost. 

Adopting that point-of-view helps make a ton of sense in regards to choices we’ve seen the team make during games this season. 

3 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Go root for Will Levis who is an 0-3 lmao 

Just now, lester said:

I don’t know one way or another if this is true or not. But I do find it plausible. 

It is my opinion that Shane Steichen believes job #1 this year is to mold AR into the long term answer. At any cost. 

Adopting that point-of-view helps make a ton of sense in regards to choices we’ve seen the team make during games this season. 

He was protecting him from himself. It helped we had a 17-0 lead.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think AR will be fine, it's a hip pointer, minor. I am more concerned about Taylor's ankle. Flacco is still a bad boy too. Downs reminds me of TY Hilton. 

Yeah I heard it was a hip pointer, definitely good news there. Could have been worse. I haven't heard much on Taylor. Just got home so I haven't looked at the news yet. 

Downs and Pittman looked solid. Part of it was Richardson throwing to Pittman too, so it was nice to see that. Mitchell needs to get in sync with AR and Flacco. The separation is insane, just needs to get the ball thrown to him. 

Overall, it was nice to see some flashes from AR, hopefully this is the norm from now on.

8 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah I heard it was a hip pointer, definitely good news there. Could have been worse. I haven't heard much on Taylor. Just got home so I haven't looked at the news yet. 

Downs and Pittman looked solid. Part of it was Richardson throwing to Pittman too, so it was nice to see that. Mitchell needs to get in sync with AR and Flacco. The separation is insane, just needs to get the ball thrown to him. 

Overall, it was nice to see some flashes from AR, hopefully this is the norm from now on.

some hip pointers can play in a week severe ones take 2 to 4 weeks to heal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

So you are saying if he plays a full slate of games , he would have 51 turnovers at a minimum.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I went off on this guy this week. He likes to tear others down to prop someone else up. I couldn’t believe what I read this week. Glad he said that colts didn’t need him.

It's all good, play Flacco next week if need be. This AR injury is minor.

• Like 1

I love my boy AD but I got to say that pass Flacco threw to him on the left side of the field looked like AD made a bit of a business decision. Looked like he pulled back some to avoid getting hit. Fortunately we got the flag on the defender anyway. I think there was another pass Flacco threw to him on the right side of the field. That one looked like AD ran the wrong route bc the ball didn't land anywhere near him. I took it as AD probably wasn't where he should have been. Live and you learn. I liked the reverse he ran though. Still got to get things going with him in the air though. It's coming sooner or later 

45 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Safe to say if Kelly leaves, we have stud C to step right in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Thoughts:

• Pittsburgh's Center gets the Colts' game ball this game.
  • Pittsburgh's defense was on its heels the first quarter getting run over by our oline.  I think the multicolored/rainbow sweatshirts the coaches were wearing messed with them. 
  • Oline play made things pretty easy for AR and JT the first quarter and a half, then Pitts D figured it out the rest of the game.
  • Why was AR and JT on the bench again?  Lots of capital sitting on the bench
  • The defense seemed to play very well without Buckner last game and this game.  What a terrible loss it is.
  • Moore  out.  Secondary - No Change, if not better.
  • I was waiting for that game killing pick thrown by Flacco.  Didn't happen, thank goodness.
  • Downs is really good.  Nice to see Pitt having a good game.
  • A Colts TE sighting, for a TD even.

Both were dinged up 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I think he should get credit for his contributions to the TD. I'm only saying that it's not black and white, because he took over toward the end of a possession that was already having success. 

And if the larger point is that the offense slowed down when Richardson when out, then I think it's important to be clear about what happened on that first Flacco possession. 

I thought both our QB's played well.