Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, krunk said:

There is something funky we are doing with our scheme on D that's causing this. We've never had bleeding like this before defending the run under this staff.

Either this new DL coach is having way to much influence or they didn’t fix the secondary so there are so many light boxes.

Bears are looking pretty good. Next week will be fun. Lmao

This team is done. Bad GM, bad HC, bad DC, and I don't even know if Irsay is capable of doing his job as the owner.

The offense stinks, the defense is a pile of crap, and we have an awful K.

Right now, I would say we are the 2nd worst team in the NFL besides the Panthers.

Fire Gus immediately. He shouldn't make it through the day. 

I won't watch another game until Gus is fired. Unless we make the playoffs by some miracle, Ballard needs to go at the end of the season. If Irsay allows this to happen without firing Ballard if we miss the playoffs at the end of the year, then he is officially the problem, and that's when the team is screwed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

This team is done. Bad GM, bad HC, bad DC, and I don't even know if Irsay is capable of doing his job as the owner.

The offense stinks, the defense is a pile of crap, and we have an awful K.

Right now, I would say we are the 2nd worst team in the NFL besides the Panthers.

Fire Gus immediately. He shouldn't make it through the day. 

I won't watch another game until Gus is fired. Unless we make the playoffs by some miracle, Ballard needs to go at the end of the season. If Irsay allows this to happen without firing Ballard if we miss the playoffs at the end of the year, then he is officially the problem, and that's when the team is screwed.

Ok ...bye bye....again :highfive2:

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

We got trouble if we don't learn to put drives together on O. I think mentally AR knows what's going on but I just haven't come to trust that arm yet other than the deep ball. The ball placement is just shaky.

He needs time to develop and that includes making plenty of mistakes…but the colts have 8 quarters of football under their belts so far but the offense only accounts for 1/3 of that time. Defense has got to give this offense time to learn. We won’t get there if they continue the 2:1 TOP trend since starting the season.

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I think #33 Womack. Flowers was in there quite a bit too

Honestly, I don’t even feel like going back and watching secondary film of this one. I don’t think there’s a terribly fair assessment of how they actually played in the film because the Packers kept things so remedially simple for Willis. I feel like it would be hard to get an honest perspective on individual performances. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

Honestly, I don’t even feel like going back and watching secondary film of this one. I don’t think there’s a terribly fair assessment of how they actually played in the film because the Packers kept things so remedially simple for Willis. I feel like it would be hard to get an honest perspective on individual performances. 

We don’t even know much what the secondary looks like because in two games the ball has been run down our throats so hard that the pass defense of this secondary hasn’t had the opportunity to be of concern yet. 

20 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

it's been like this for 4+ years it's time to finally break the cycle and move on.

The other pattern I see emerging is this one.

-Enters the season with a hole at an important position

-Say “We Like Our guys” and “We have to let our young guys grow and develop”

-Young guys make a handful of “good” plays

-Decides to hand the young players (usually Day 3 picks and UDFAs) starting jobs

-Position group lets down at the end of the season

-Don’t bring in FA for weak position group

-Repeat

• Like 6

These crazy games happen though. I remember in Lucks rookie year or maybe year 2 going up to play the Jets and Rex Ryan. We got beat by Tim Tebow. Rex Ryan gave Luck the business all afternoon. We fully expected to win that game, but nothing went right the whole day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

We don’t even know much what the secondary looks like because in two games the ball has been run down our throats so hard that the pass defense of this secondary hasn’t had the opportunity to be of concern yet. 

Well Collins had 100+ yards in the opener. And Doubs had a 40 yard completion against Jones 1-on-1. These corners can’t match up with receivers of any level.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Decides to hand the young players (usually Day 3 picks and UDFAs) starting jobs

-Repeat

The weird thing about this off season is Ballard usually does fix a position the next season when it has been weak. It is really strange how he ignored it.

Caleb is having some troubles tonight. Colts will make him look like a pro bowler next week.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well Collins had 100+ yards in the opener. And Doubs had a 40 yard completion against Jones 1-on-1. These corners can’t match up with receivers of any level.

To pour salt in the wound, the Colts LB’s are currently not very good in pass coverage. Shallow routes are not receiving much LB support .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seeing Texans being so good just makes me want to puke.

The fact they are actively filling holes in the lineup by signing good proven players, and not expecting miracles out of 7th round draft picks and UDFA’s

The system in place that Ballard is willing to die on the hill for is not working.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Repeat

Don’t forget that part where he says “that’s on me, I know we need to improve that” in the post-season presser and then drafts some guys in an effort to “improve that” but cuts those guys he drafted before the season. 

Not enough has been said about that yet. 

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

We got trouble if we don't learn to put drives together on O. I think mentally AR knows what's going on but I just haven't come to trust that arm yet other than the deep ball. The ball placement is just shaky.

42 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The highs will be high and the lows will be low. We all knew that heading into the season. Hopefully we get this fixed soon. I'm still optimistic 

AR will have his ups and downs, but that's not really the issue here. The issue is the whole team didn't show up against the Packers.

Pierce, the Oline and JT (outside the passing game) were they only players there today. The rest might as well have been backups the way they played.

• Like 1