Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #1, Texans @ Colts, September 8, 2024, 1 p.m. ET

NFLfan

Game 1 Texans @ Colts  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will score the first touchdown for the Colts?

• Anthony Richardson (running/receiving)
    • A running back
    • A wide receiver or tight end
    • A defensive player
    • Someone else
    • The Colts will not have a TD in this game.
  2. 2. Will the Colts break 150 yards rushing today? (all players, not only RBs)

3. 3. Will the Colts defense hold the Texans to under 250 yards passing?

4. 4. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2024 at 05:15 PM

10 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

40 minutes to 20 minutes TOP for the Texans…yet we scored 2 points less than the Texans…we just took a pounding on that run game by the Texans…had we stopped the run better we would have won this game 

There's no doubt the Colts are EXPLOSIVE on offense, but holy heck I CANNOT stand watching this defensive scheme anymore... makes me want to claw out my eyes when we line up 8 yards off the WRs and a 4th and 2...

• Like 1

Just now, SR711 said:

I think AR is going to be fine…as long as he remains healthy.

There is not a large sample size to base this on, but I don’t ever see him being accurate like Stroud, Burrow, Manning, Brady etc. He does have a unique ability to make for that by making plays on downfield throws that others can’t. 

The real issue is going be whether the wear of hits like he took on QB runs on the last drive inside the 20 start to result in wear and eroding of his other skills over time

If we get that stop in the end, I think we win. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than be good. Like I said earlier, I still won $100, I had Indy and 2.5 and we really have nothing be ashamed of. The game could have went either way. I just can't stand Gus anymore. It could be 3rd and 15 and I can't watch because I just assume someone is going to be open, ridiculous.

• Like 1

not understanding about how people are so negative on this team already. i understand losing hurts your feelings but that was a hell of a game with exciting plays that i haven’t seen the colts do since Andrew Luck. The O line usually improves around the week 4-5 mark and we need to figure out run defense but overall im pretty happy about our team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Glad Ballard got to see his young guys in the secondary today…so how was this game defensively any different than 8 months ago?

our secondary did great against their elite receivers and qb. we had no answer to mixon

3 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

not understanding about how people are so negative on this team already. i understand losing hurts your feelings but that was a hell of a game with exciting plays that i haven’t seen the colts do since Andrew Luck. The O line usually improves around the week 4-5 mark and we need to figure out run defense but overall im pretty happy about our team

me too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Same. Many were expecting a total blowout, we’re not far off even with our faults. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I agree, I hate losing and always say scoreboard but I thought the game was pretty even today. I thought AR played well enough to win as well.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Always hard to lose an opener especially at home but I think there were some positives from our team today.

Bengals flat out sucked in their home opener.

Have we ever won the season opener since Lucas Oil opened?

1. Pitiful running game and run defense 

2. AR missed a wide open AD twice

3. Defense could not get off the field in the second half. 
4. Ballard did nothing to help the DB room and our DB’s we late all day and out of position.

Great  plan for another home loss  

39 minutes ago, AKB said:

the last QB i've seen to do what Stroud did today was Luck. Flat out, 

They have a HOF quarterback, and we have a project at QB, and the lesser roster. 

We will likely be .500 again

Stroud has enjoyed a terrific start to his career, but I wouldn't put him in Canton just yet - he'll need some longevity & sustained performance to even be considered. Both Brady & Manning experienced season ending medical conditions that required surgery to repair and returned to form, and won Superbowls afterwards.

Just now, Gramz said:

I get it. And yes not a streak you want to have. I still think there were some positives today. 

No question our punter seems all the way back from injury

special team punt block

Pierce can get open long 

AR can sling it 

that rookie kicker has some leg

not much to say about the defense

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

our secondary did great against their elite receivers and qb. we had no answer to mixon

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.  I thought the secondary (really pass defense in general) was not good in the key moments of the game where they needed to be.  Absolutely cannot give up a 3rd and 17 like we did the 4th quarter and hope to beat the good/elite teams in this league.  This was the same problem we had last year.  

6 minutes ago, SR711 said:

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.  I thought the secondary (really pass defense in general) was not good in the key moments of the game where they needed to be.  Absolutely cannot give up a 3rd and 17 like we did the 4th quarter and hope to beat the good/elite teams in this league.  This was the same problem we had last year.  

That was a broken play by a great quarterback.  Mahomes does it all the time.  Crap happens.

4 hours ago, SR711 said:

I dont know what happens on third and long, does gus go softer zone ?

5 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Stroud has enjoyed a terrific start to his career, but I wouldn't put him in Canton just yet - he'll need some longevity & sustained performance to even be considered. Both Brady & Manning experienced season ending medical conditions that required surgery to repair and returned to form, and won Superbowls afterwards.

if he continues doiing what he's doing, he's definitely going to be a goat

I'm disappointed in the loss, but just a few plays kept the Colts from chalking up a W.  AR needs to calm down and play within himself.   He's an enormous talent, but he's too excitable.  The missed TD to Mitchell probably would have turned this Loss into a win.  The defensive front 7 was supposed to be elite, but they played terrible.  They were pushed around all day long.  The offensive line played like rookies and opened no holes for their stud running back.  As poorly as this team played, they almost pulled it off, so I am encouraged by that.  They need to take a look in the mirror and fix this.  If they do, they can still be a playoff team.  I have no idea why they start every year not ready.  It's happened with multiple coaches so it makes no sense.  

Mitchell will be the best WR on this team by midseason.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AKB said:

if he continues doiing what he's doing, he's definitely going to be a goat

CJ Stroud is dynamic, but I'm gonna need to see more than about 21 games or so before I proclaim him (or any player) as a potential goat or Hall of Famer.

IIRC, Cam Newton with his rare combination of size, speed, & strength looked like a world beater for the first few years of his career, having won a Heisman trophy & a National Championship in college, he threw for 400 yards in his NFL debut and set season records for rushing & passing yards, and rushing TDs by a rookie QB. He was an NFL MVP and led the Panthers to a 15- 1 record and Superbowl 50 before he struggled with injuries and was never as effective again but he played for 11 seasons, setting the World on fire for the 1st five of them but I doubt if anyone is fitting him for a gold jacket, or consider him in the same company as Montana, Brady, Manning, Mahomes or anyone one else who is in the conversation as one of the best to ever to play QB in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

CJ Stroud is dynamic, but I'm gonna need to see more than about 21 games or so before I proclaim him (or any player) as a potential goat or Hall of Famer.

IIRC, Cam Newton with his rare combination of size, speed, & strength looked like a world beater for the first few years of his career, having won a Heisman trophy & a National Championship in college, he threw for 400 yards in his NFL debut and set season records for rushing & passing yards, and rushing TDs by a rookie QB. He was an NFL MVP and led the Panthers to a 15- 1 record and Superbowl 50 before he struggled with injuries and was never as effective again but he played for 11 seasons, setting the World on fire for the 1st five of them but I doubt if anyone is fitting him for a gold jacket, or consider him in the same company as Montana, Brady, Manning, Mahomes or anyone one else who is in the conversation as one of the best to ever to play QB in the NFL.

Stroud is not like Cam Newton. He is a passer first. Cam, AR, RGIII, all of those guys are different than Stroud. 

Of course we need to see more, but he's shown absolutely nothing to cause doubt that he won't be one of the best ever to do it. 

obviously he isn't getting fitted for the HOF right now, no player is after a couple good years. QB's like him don't regress out of no where. He will only get better, and it's not hard to see where that's gonna take him. 

Stroud is the real deal. 

• NFLfan locked this topic