Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What teams is loaded of positions CB,S etc that we might be looking at the wavier wire

mirobi48

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Rams traded LB Jones to the TITANS for a 6th round pick...man, I thought the guy would be a good pickup for a trade...I wish Colts could have done that trade.

FWIW: 

It’s my understanding the Rams acquired a 5 and gave up a 6 and Jones.  

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW: 

It’s my understanding the Rams acquired a 5 and gave up a 6 and Jones.  

Yes that is correct. I hadn't read the full details. Even better really...I mean Jones is easily worth a 5th for 6th round pick swap. Titans made out very well on that deal IMO.

50 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Yes that is correct. I hadn't read the full details. Even better really...I mean Jones is easily worth a 5th for 6th round pick swap. Titans made out very well on that deal IMO.

Jones is a very good player.  Graded out very highly on PFF for two years.   

His problem is he now plays the wrong position on defense.  Linebacker has become highly devalued by many teams.  These teams are playing very little base defense.  Teams are pulling linebackers off the field more and more and replacing them with safeties and corners.  So if LBers are playing fewer snaps,  there’s less demand for them.  This is what RB’s have faced roughly the last 5+ years or so.  

Many teams now view LB as a position they wouldn’t spend more than a Day 3 pick on, so a 4 or lower.   

This may be why the Colts didn’t make a deal with the Rams for such a good player.  

Waived players I would take a hard look at:

CB Rock Ya-Sin -- Signed a $1million offer by the 49'er in April.  Dunno why he was waived.  He's the equal of many in our CB room already, and has more starting experience than everyone but Kenny Moore.

S Lewis Cine - Defensive MVP for Georgia in 2022.  1st round draft pick.  Broken leg in 2023.  Returned this year, but doesn't look like himself.  Can he regain even a percentage of his original promise?

CB Caleb Farley - 1st round draft choice.  Beset with injuries over 2 years.  Hard personal hit when home blew up in gas leak last year, killing his father.  Can he recover both physically and mentally?  What does he still have to offer?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

CB Rock Ya-Sin -- Signed a $1million offer by the 49'er in April.  Dunno why he was waived.  He's the equal of many in our CB room already, and has more starting experience than everyone but Kenny Moore.

S Lewis Cine - Defensive MVP for Georgia in 2022.  1st round draft pick.  Broken leg in 2023.  Returned this year, but doesn't look like himself.  Can he regain even a percentage of his original promise?

CB Caleb Farley - 1st round draft choice.  Beset with injuries over 2 years.  Hard personal hit when home blew up in gas leak last year, killing his father.  Can he recover both physically and mentally?  What does he still have to offer?

I agree with you on these guys.    I mentioned Cine a while back in another thread    I liked Rock a lot and Farley,   I dont know.  I like his potential  He's probably at least a good backup     Injuries happen.  I can't ever rule someone out that gets injured. He's had bad luck.    But then again    He needs to be on the field.  So maybe an incentive laden contract?   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I agree with you on these guys.    I mentioned Cine a while back in another thread    I liked Rock a lot and Farley,   I dont know.  I like his potential  He's probably at least a good backup     Injuries happen.  I can't ever rule someone out that gets injured. He's had bad luck.    But then again    He needs to be on the field.  So maybe an incentive laden contract?   

i like Rock and Farley. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Cine hasn’t been the same since the injury. Would honestly avoid him. There are some very notable CBs out there that were cut. 

Caleb Farley 

CJ Henderson 

Desmond King

Tre Flowers

Amani Oruwariye

Kelvin Joseph

Darnay Holmes 

Mekhi Garner 

Kevin King

Joejaun Williams 

Artie Burns

DJ James

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I see the Broncos cut RB Samaje Perine.  He’s 29 and reportedly excels in receiving and blocking.  Played a lot last year scoring one touchdown.  A solid number 2 possibility.

we seem intent on letting sermon/goodson take that

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't think Cine will clear waivers but I would take him back.

How sad and tragic for Farley! 😟

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Cine hasn’t been the same since the injury. Would honestly avoid him. There are some very notable CBs out there that were cut. 

Caleb Farley 

CJ Henderson 

Desmond King

Tre Flowers

Amani Oruwariye

Kelvin Joseph

Darnay Holmes 

Mekhi Garner 

Kevin King

Joejaun Williams 

Artie Burns

DJ James

Doesn't Desmond King have a pretty good background at Nickel?

Haven't processed all the team's cut yet but so far am surprised by a few quality vet's released:

FS Caden Sterns - Either Sterns or Worley provide options over Rodney Thomas

FS Daryl Worley

SS Rudy Ford - Ford would be top of my list for SS position

Edge KJ Henry - Henry another player stands out to me

Edge/DT Jonah Williams

LB Khaleke Hudson - liked both Hudson and Barnes for a while

LB Krys Barnes

OC/OG Will Clapp

LG Ben Bartch - been a long-time favorite of mine and the lack behind Nelson much need depth with Bartch  

OL Jake Hanson - proven OL key cog in our OL

CB Greg Stroman - take a pick either Stroman, Herndon or Holmes far better upgrades over either Flowers/Baker Jr.

CB Tre Herndon

CB Darnay Holmes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

Yes he does. 

I see he used to play for Gus Bradley with the Chargers. Not sure where his game is at right now but if he can take a backup spot it might be a solid depth option.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Caleb Farley 

CJ Henderson 

Desmond King

Tre Flowers

Amani Oruwariye

Kelvin Joseph

Darnay Holmes 

Mekhi Garner 

Kevin King

Joejaun Williams 

Artie Burns

DJ James

I've read that Kelvin Joseph is a bit of a head case.  But, yeah, I would take a look at all of these guys.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I see he used to play for Gus Bradley with the Chargers. Not sure where his game is at right now but if he can take a backup spot it might be a solid depth option.

That was my thought which is why I mentioned him. Since they cut Abraham he would be a solid Vet to bring in and could back up Kenny Moore.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

What about Keenan Issac from the Bucs?  Either wait til he's released, or they could offer a 7th rd pick for him? 

His flaw is his willingness to tackle. They love CBs who do not shy away from contact.

9 hours ago, krunk said:

Doesn't Desmond King have a pretty good background at Nickel?

I think that's about all he is at this point. He and Kenny would be redundant. Weird that they cut Abraham, who seems like perfect cheap depth for that spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Vontae Davis was such a stud at CB 

nfl-week7.gif

For my money, since I have been watching the Colts (1984), he is best CB we have ever had. He wasn't necessarily great but was solid good at covering and tackling. We have had some duds over the last 40 years. I liked Kelvin Hayden and Ray Buchanan as well. Safety wise, Bob was the best by far, just injured too much.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

What about Keenan Issac from the Bucs?  Either wait til he's released, or they could offer a 7th rd pick for him? 

He cleared waivers, and is a free agent. Lots of potential on the market right now, including some name brand players that everyone would go crazy for. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Random thought/question - When was the last time the Colts drafted a CB who turned out to be really good, a high-level starter? 

I'm trying to come up with an answer to my question and not getting much. Maybe Jerraud Powers, drafted in 2009? I don't think Rock Ya Sin qualifies; he's been a part-time starter. Who am I forgetting? 

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

Big Play Ray.

They drafted him in 1993. I'm surprised to learn that if Brents and/or Jones become solid starters they apparently will be the first cornerbacks drafted by the Colts to do so in at least 14 years and among very few in the last 30 years.

A lot of cuts today as teams went shopping on waiver wire, worth noting all cuts today made a 53 man roster yesterday so lower quantity but higher quality.

Raiders cut their 2023 3rd round pick (70) Byron Young when they claimed Jonah Laulu, very early to give up on a player drafted so high.