Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp August 7th 9 am

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully he meant a month and not a month into the season.

I think a month in general. My bet is he tries it out vs Houston then officially comes back when we play the packers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

High ankle sprain is 4-6 weeks, typically. 

Nick Cross should be running laps nonstop for the rest of camp. Players get hurt in practice all the time, so I'm not freaking out about it, but you don't tackle a teammate in a non contact session, and then shrug it off when reporters ask you about it. It's one of the dumber things I've seen from a Colts player in a while.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cross gets his tires slashed or someone hits him extra hard during practices. Running laps nonstop should be the least of his worries. 

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cross gets his tires slashed or someone hits him extra hard during practices. Running laps nonstop should be the least of his worries. 

I know some folks are saying things happen but. This man had ZERO remorse. That what infuriates me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So when he says "we got to stay off the ground, we cat go down" that means it was supposed to be a "non-contact" drill? 

- 7 on 7 drill, limited contact and you still tackle him.  
- Coach did not condone it and spoke out against it with reporters

open and shut case.  Yes this is football but in drills there are some where contact isn’t allowed or limited and it’s a reason for that.  Bonehead decision by Cross.  And I can only speak for me but yes, even if it was Blackmon I’d have the same sentiment but for some reason I doubt Blackmon would make the same decision.

mr. Ballard, the FS position has been spoken about ALL off season.  It’s a hot topic and gasoline just got poured onto it.  Do the right the thing and bring in a vet that would not tackle in 7on7s.

• Like 1

Just now, cbear said:

So when he says "we got to stay off the ground, we cat go down" that means it was supposed to be a "non-contact" drill? 

Going to the ground is not a direct result of contact. It’s a follow through. If they are going to the ground strictly on contact, they are hitting way too hard in a 7 on 7 drill against their own teammates. 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Can we bring back bull in the ring, just for one day?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully he meant a month and not a month into the season.

It's exactly a month til the season opener. He can still play. High ankle sprain recovery depend on the severity, but if I know Downs work ethic like I think I do he's gonna do everything possible to play vs the Texans 

10 minutes ago, IinD said:

Safe to say nobody on the forum likes you anymore Mr Cross.. Lol

I like still like him and think he will play well this year. It's football an aggressive sport,  and he's playing for his job. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Going to the ground is not a direct result of contact. It’s a follow through. If they are going to the ground strictly on contact, they are hitting way too hard in a 7 on 7 drill against their own teammates. 

That's what I thought. The DB is still going to break up the pass, so there would be contact. Was confused since some are describing it as non-contact.

If so it looks like Cross may have been draped on him trying to break up the pass and didn't let him go quick enough something like that. Seems like something that would happen a lot, even in practice. 

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe we dodged a bullet but a month is still a lot.

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Sucks very bad. Why is Cross not cut yet? I’d kicked his butt out of the facility without even letting him change his cleats.

the good news is.. we have Mitchell and Gould who are also looking like a good pair. We might be okay even if Josh is out for a bit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sucks very bad. Why is Cross not cut yet? I’d kicked his butt out of the facility without even letting him change his cleats.

the good news is.. we have Mitchell and Gould who are also looking like a good pair. We might be okay even if Josh is out for a bit

We’ll Cross isn’t cut because our safety situation is that terrible…

Not according to the man in charge though. He likes what he has.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Exactly.  He’s still very young - but experienced enough to know better.

one would hope, but my patience is wearing thin with his development. There have been enough red flags that he’s not progressing like they wanted. He should have elevated this offseason to being the clear #1 and that didn’t happen at all. So here we are. 

41 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

People keep saying Anthony Gould is fast (and by people I mean the coaches) I don't get it though... so what? Because so was Downs...  Goulds is like a second rate Downs

You haven't even seen him play other than college. Downs isn't faster than Gould. Gould is 4.3 fast. Plays inside and outside 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bravo said:

We’ll Cross isn’t cut because our safety situation is that terrible…

Not according to the man in charge though. He likes what he has.

The only people enlarging the safety "problem" is the media and fans who believe the media. I will wait and see for myself.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

one would hope, but my patience is wearing thin with his development. There have been enough red flags that he’s not progressing like they wanted. He should have elevated this offseason to being the clear #1 and that didn’t happen at all. So here we are. 

And not progressing because of the cerebral part of the game.  “Tackled to the ground” is a boneheaded play.   

41 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nick Cross should be running laps nonstop for the rest of camp. Players get hurt in practice all the time, so I'm not freaking out about it, but you don't tackle a teammate in a non contact session, and then shrug it off when reporters ask you about it. It's one of the dumber things I've seen from a Colts player in a while.

Yeah I didn't think that was the best answer either

32 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I like still like him and think he will play well this year. It's football an aggressive sport,  and he's playing for his job. 

I'm still rooting for Cross as well, but you knew a forum meltdown was gonna follow. And it has... Lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

The only people enlarging the safety "problem" is the media and fans who believe the media. I will wait and see for myself.

Dislike the media very much actually.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

And not progressing because of the cerebral part of the game.  “Tackled to the ground” is a boneheaded play.   

It’s all cerebral. They’ve touted his elite athleticism from day 1. His rookie year it was all about lack of confidence, thinking too much and not playing fast enough. Then it was lack of communication and inconsistency. Communication has been the coaching staff’s biggest rub this offseason. How is it year 3 and the guy who should be developing is not out there communicating and flying around making enough instinct plays to separate himself? Then he does play fast and without thinking much and hurts his own teammate. I don’t get it. There is talent there, undoubtedly. But the best safeties in the league are some of the smarter players in the league. One of my favorite safeties of all time is now a successful general manager. You have to be able to play fast, smart, communicate, and make plays. It feels like he has maybe 2 of the 4 traits… 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

You haven't even seen him play other than college. Downs isn't faster than Gould. Gould is 4.3 fast. Plays inside and outside 

Agreed.

Watch his college tape. Gould is talented. 

Still want a quick heal of Downs but Gould may be able to fill in while Downs heals up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Superman said:

He was definitely in someone's office having a not pleasant conversation after practice.

1 hour ago, Boss7894 said:

People keep saying Anthony Gould is fast (and by people I mean the coaches) I don't get it though... so what? Because so was Downs...  Goulds is like a second rate Downs

Downs gears down and up really quickly, which is where he's dangerous. Gould is faster though. His 4.3 speed is apparent and you can see it on the field. He's not as technically advanced or nuanced of a route runner as Downs, but I'd hardly consider him a "second rate Downs".

• Like 2

For the average person, a high ankle sprain takes 4 weeks to fully heal. I have had 2 before playing basketball and that was 30 years ago, I was fine after 3 weeks and was running on it even. Downs isn't the average person, he is a Pro athlete. Downs also has elite medical staff and technology daily that the average person doesn't have. I would be surprised if he wasn't full healed by opening day which is September 8th = 4 weeks away. Hey, we had to have something happen so many can blow a gasket in here and worry chuckling homer simpson GIF- a high ankle sprain is actually good news, it could have been a broken ankle/foot or an Achilles. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

It’s all cerebral. They’ve touted his elite athleticism from day 1. His rookie year it was all about lack of confidence, thinking too much and not playing fast enough. Then it was lack of communication and inconsistency. Communication has been the coaching staff’s biggest rub this offseason. How is it year 3 and the guy who should be developing is not out there communicating and flying around making enough instinct plays to separate himself? Then he does play fast and without thinking much and hurts his own teammate. I don’t get it. There is talent there, undoubtedly. But the best safeties in the league are some of the smarter players in the league. One of my favorite safeties of all time is now a successful general manager. You have to be able to play fast, smart, communicate, and make plays. It feels like he has maybe 2 of the 4 traits… 

Yes, he had a very high RAS score

Whatever happened to Ashton Dulin? Is he even practicing? I swear in previous years he was getting a lot of hype by the media covering camp. I don't think I've heard his name this year. Is he recovered from his injury? I legit don't know and I'm asking. 

52 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did you guys see that Ryan Kelly is expecting another baby soon.  Looks like this one had gone a lot smoother then the last two.

Good for him. That’s awesome!

and I’m going to add that being how Ryan Kelly has played with more QBs than most, if that statement isn’t an exaggeration then AR might be good after all

32 minutes ago, Shive said:

He was definitely in someone's office having a not pleasant conversation after practice.

Downs gears down and up really quickly, which is where he's dangerous. Gould is faster though. His 4.3 speed is apparent and you can see it on the field. He's not as technically advanced or nuanced of a route runner as Downs, but I'd hardly consider him a "second rate Downs".

I don't think Colts have a choice.

Give the reps to Gould.  Or Pierce can play from the slot some.