Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many games will the Colts win in 2024?

How many games will the Colts win in 2024?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Colts win in 2024?

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

11-5

1Sept. 8vs. Texans  L

2Sept. 15at. Packers W

3Sept. 22vs. Bears W

4Sept. 29vs. Steelers W 

5Oct. 6at. Jaguars L

6Oct. 13at. Titans W

7Oct. 20vs. Dolphins L

8Oct. 27at. Texans L

9Nov. 3at. Vikings W

10Nov. 10vs. Bills L

11Nov. 17at. Jets W

12Nov. 24vs. Lions L

13Dec. 1at. Patriots W

15Dec. 15at. Broncos W

16Dec. 22vs. Titans W

17TBDat. Giants W

18TBDvs. Jaguars W

This sounds reasonable. 

I have one additional loss at GB.

That would put us at 10-7 and a wild card which is a huge win

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't what is worse, the Jets having 6 primetime games or Scottie Scheffler getting arrested by a bunch of power tripping cops so they can make news. Scheffler is the #1 player in the world, playing in a major worth millions of dollars that has tee times that need to be met, he had the credential to go by traffic and enter the Golf course. This is why cops get a bad name. 

:lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

:lol:

You should say why you responded that way. I am assuming you find something funny??? Are you laughing at the Jets having 6-7 nationally televised games?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You should say why you responded that way. I am assuming you find something funny??? Are you laughing at the Jets having 6-7 nationally televised games?

I think its stupid and only because its in the biggest markets in America. The overreaction of the NFL is laughable 

13 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I think its stupid and only because its in the biggest markets in America. The overreaction of the NFL is laughable 

I think the Jets got too many. The Giants (in the same market) got 3 or 4, and they are traditionally a better team than the Jets. I can see the Chiefs or the Ravens getting that many. But the Jets? I don't care. It just means that I get to see more out-of-market games on Sunday afternoons when I would have gotten the Jets. 

Anyway, back to topic. How many games do you think the Colts will win? I say 9. I'm rooting for AR to have a good year. If he stays healthy, look out NFL fans. He will look great.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

This sounds reasonable. 

I have one additional loss at GB.

That would put us at 10-7 and a wild card which is a huge win

We own greenbay

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I think the Jets got too many. The Giants (in the same market) got 3 or 4, and they are traditionally a better team than the Jets. I can see the Chiefs or the Ravens getting that many. But the Jets? I don't care. It just means that I get to see more out-of-market games on Sunday afternoons when I would have gotten the Jets. 

Anyway, back to topic. How many games do you think the Colts will win? I say 9. I'm rooting for AR to have a good year. If he stays healthy, look out NFL fans. He will look great.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Several picking less than 9. That tells me 2 things, those voters don't have faith in AR being any good, and Shane not being a good coach. Shane won 9 games last season with average QB play (Minshew wasn't bad at all but wasn't great either) and poor Secondary play, could have been 10 and the Division Title had we sealed the deal vs Houston. The over/under for the Colts is 8.5 on the Caesars books. I put $200 on the Colts and took the over. The absolute worse we will do is go 9-8. Flacco could even win us some games if AR is out. Shane is too good of coach to go below .500. We could easily win our last 5 games, look at the schedule, worse will be 4 out of 5.

I have faith that AR will be good for a rookie. I think Shane is a great coach and definitely won’t be the problem. It’s just a tall order to win double digit games with an inexperienced QB coming off missing nearly the entire year and a young weak secondary. It’s totally possible bc I see 7-11 wins. We will need a lot to go right for double digit wins. Even if we only win 7-8 games, I would still find that really good and encouraging for our young QB. Any more will be over achieving and this roster seems capable. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Laughing at someone blaming law enforcement for an entitled “athlete” trying to blast his way around the scene of  a fatality.

22 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Laughing at someone blaming law enforcement for an entitled “athlete” trying to blast his way around the scene of  a fatality.

"blast his way around the scene of a fatality". That does deserve a chuckling homer simpson GIF For one Scheffler had no idea it was a cop trying to stop him and he wasn't blasting his way around the scene. It has already been reported he had the credential to go through the traffic and he was going like 15 MPH. Instead of the cop running up to his car and trying to act like Bruce Willis in DieHard hanging on, he could've easily radio'd the cops at the entrance of the golf course. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

What are you talking about? I’m talking about the Jets getting too many primetime games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

What are you talking about? I’m talking about the Jets getting too many primetime games.

No, he was laughing at my comment about cops, scroll above but he doesn't know all the facts to really know what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2024 at 8:35 PM, Moe said:

Why are you not sure about the Bears game? I don’t think Caleb Williams is anything to worry about the third game of the season.

I dunno...just a bad feeling that we look down on them and Williams starts to get used to the speed of the league in this game.  Not exactly a trap game but he and Odunze will be a fun pair to watch this year.

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, he was laughing at my comment about cops, scroll above but he doesn't know all the facts to really know what happened. 

I know enough to know your comment was  an ill-advised generalization.

On 5/17/2024 at 8:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jets have 6 primetime games, and we have 1 and the 1 we have is at the Jets. chuckling homer simpson GIF

When I saw that I was stunned and not just for the Colts but the Jets??!! Granted the Jets are improved over last year but SIX primetime games. I was in New York once and that will hold true after I'm dead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

This is one of the most bizarre and complicated stories I’ve ever come across. But I give you my word, this is NOT about an entitled athlete.  I’d say so if it was.  

Sheffler was doing what all the athletes were told to do if there was a problem.  He was in a car clearly marked that he was a player.  He had  credential that he showed.  All the players were told to drive around if there was any problem.   

But it appears there was a miscommunication with the Louisville PD.  They didn’t send their best, they sent their junior varsity who were completely unprepared for what happened.  They didn’t know that the athletes had clearance to go around.  Turns out, ESPN was right behind Scheffler.  They were doing a feature on him.  And they said he did exactly what was instructed to do by PGA officials.   

If this was an entitled athlete abusing law enforcement I’d be saying so.  Honestly, I would.  But I’ve read multiple stories and this is what I’ve pieced together.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I know enough to know your comment was  an ill-advised generalization.

Well, your post saying he blasted his way through traffic (and he thinks he is an entitled athlete), basically implying he is driving like a maniac is pretty far-fetched. See NCF's post, his thinking is like mine. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, your post saying he blasted his way through traffic (and he thinks he is an entitled athlete), basically implying he is driving like a maniac is pretty far-fetched. See NCF's post, his thinking is like mine. 

Could be.  My thoughts are probably clouded by my inexplicable dislike for him.  The extended press interview he had yesterday - thirty minutes during the middle of  the second round - with none of the on course action being  broadcast, gave him a unique chance to appear contrite and humble - as he should have been after being charged with a felony.  Was surely orchestrated by the PGA and intended to influence opinion.  I have no doubt all charges will be dropped and the player meekly apologized to.

I didn't vote 'cause it's still a bit early for my prediction.

I wasn't crazy about the off-season not acquiring new talent to a team that is running it back with the same players that missed the playoffs with a favorable schedule. 

This years schedule seems tougher but the roster with the top two draft picks, AR5 hopefully stays healthy AND JT at the beginning of season is reason to be optimistic of hopefully improving on the win total and more importantly making the playoffs.

So for now I'll wait and see how training camp goes before evaluating the upcoming season with a win total......... But despite the lack of signing FA's to bolster the roster I'm thinking it's not going out on the limb to think this year it could be the colts turn to shine in the AFC south?

:thinking:

'24  ???

'23 Texans

'22 Jags

'21  Titans 

Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

I really didn't pay much attention to the Scheffler incident(with MLB games and the Preakness going on) except that he was going to work and followed PGA instructions in a marked car like he was supposed to and then something went wrong. 

I don't know if this was the case but over zealous cops sounds like "Par for the Course". haha :funny: haha

Golfing Pga Tour GIF by RightNow

Golfing Augusta National GIF by The Masters

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 9:26 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"blast his way around the scene of a fatality". That does deserve a chuckling homer simpson GIF For one Scheffler had no idea it was a cop trying to stop him and he wasn't blasting his way around the scene. It has already been reported he had the credential to go through the traffic and he was going like 15 MPH. Instead of the cop running up to his car and trying to act like Bruce Willis in DieHard hanging on, he could've easily radio'd the cops at the entrance of the golf course. 

Bruce Willis is cool. 

Liked the show Moonlighting with his co-star Cybill Shepard & the Fifth Element with Mila Jovovich and Gary Oldman. 

Those were way too long ago for my liking. haha

• Thanks 1

Been a Colts fan for many decades but must be a realist. At worst, I think 6 wins, at best I think 9, so I'll go with 7-10. Just too many holes on a less than average defense. Also, its a QB driven league, so not sure we can stay healthy at QB with running being a major part of Richardson's game. Hoping for more. We'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueblazes said:

Been a Colts fan for many decades but must be a realist. At worst, I think 6 wins, at best I think 9, so I'll go with 7-10. Just too many holes on a less than average defense. Also, it’s a QB driven league, so not sure we can stay healthy at QB with running being a major part of Richardson's game. Hoping for more. We'll see.

I shall leave this here:

• Like 1

For what it’s worth:   

Scheffler is facing four counts, including one felony.   But in a story I just read, prosecutors say they plan to drop all charges.  

Nobody wins in these cases.  This is a terrible lose-lose case.  And nobody wants to dig in.  Everyone wants this to quietly go away,  and unless something changes unexpectedly, it apparently will. 

On 5/18/2024 at 1:40 PM, NewColtsFan said:

This is one of the most bizarre and complicated stories I’ve ever come across. But I give you my word, this is NOT about an entitled athlete.  I’d say so if it was.  

Sheffler was doing what all the athletes were told to do if there was a problem.  He was in a car clearly marked that he was a player.  He had  credential that he showed.  All the players were told to drive around if there was any problem.   

But it appears there was a miscommunication with the Louisville PD.  They didn’t send their best, they sent their junior varsity who were completely unprepared for what happened.  They didn’t know that the athletes had clearance to go around.  Turns out, ESPN was right behind Scheffler.  They were doing a feature on him.  And they said he did exactly what was instructed to do by PGA officials.   

If this was an entitled athlete abusing law enforcement I’d be saying so.  Honestly, I would.  But I’ve read multiple stories and this is what I’ve pieced together.  

Well said.   People need to do some research on a player before casting  stones.   Schflefler is an outstanding person     It was miscommunication.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As far as predictions go.  I need to wait until the roster is set.   As of Now I see 9-10 wins.     But I will also say that I think AR is comeback player of the yr and in the running for MVP.     

I will gladly take the mocking if I am wrong.  But this kid is SPECIAL!!!

• Like 2

On 5/20/2024 at 4:33 PM, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth:   

Scheffler is facing four counts, including one felony.   But in a story I just read, prosecutors say they plan to drop all charges.  

Nobody wins in these cases.  This is a terrible lose-lose case.  And nobody wants to dig in.  Everyone wants this to quietly go away,  and unless something changes unexpectedly, it apparently will. 

To the surprise of no one, now the Louisville PD is under investigation. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out there and say 12. I have very high expectations for this team. If we can be competitive with Minshew then I expect a major step forward with hopefully a healthy AR.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I'm gonna go out there and say 12. I have very high expectations for this team. If we can be competitive with Minshew then I expect a major step forward with hopefully a healthy AR.

#10 is gonna make a huge difference on offense!!!

• 2 weeks later...