Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Dillusion

45 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Right. Not liking AR doesn't necessarily mean he's trolling. It's a slippery slope to consider an unpopular opinion as trolling, as long they aren't spamming discussion threads with comments or the home page with a bunch of posts they created. If it's just a few posts/comments here and there, it's easy to just ignore and move on (which is always the best thing to do when it looks like trolling anyways). I also think some people use this forum (and others) like a soap box, not because they want to engage in discourse. 

It’s not not liking AR that makes him a troll.  It’s only posting basically the same rant about four times now as Superman showed earlier in the thread and then not engaging in conversation with anyone or talking about anything else.  

if he just didn’t like AR that would be fine.  People don’t like people who are part of the Colts all the time, I mean we have a Ballard grievance thread pinned to the top of the board for crying out loud.  

It’s only posting one thing just to get people riled up and doing it multiple times with no intent of having a conversation about it or anything else for that matter.  That’s the very definition of trolling.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Right. Not liking AR doesn't necessarily mean he's trolling. It's a slippery slope to consider an unpopular opinion as trolling, as long they aren't spamming discussion threads with comments or the home page with a bunch of posts they created. If it's just a few posts/comments here and there, it's easy to just ignore and move on (which is always the best thing to do when it looks like trolling anyways). I also think some people use this forum (and others) like a soap box, not because they want to engage in discourse. 

Yeah, sometimes you just have to let it all out here due to limited outlets. 

To be fair, not many people in the thread were open to discourse as opposed to just responding with dismissive and mocking memes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s not not liking AR that makes him a troll.  It’s only posting basically the same rant about four times now as Superman showed earlier in the thread and then not engaging in conversation with anyone or talking about anything else.  

if he just didn’t like AR that would be fine.  People don’t like people who are part of the Colts all the time, I mean we have a Ballard grievance thread pinned to the top of the board for crying out loud.  

It’s only posting one thing just to get people riled up and doing it multiple times with no intent of having a conversation about it or anything else for that matter.  That’s the very definition of trolling.  

But if he was trolling, wouldn't he continue to engage and troll? 

Maybe it's just his catharsis. 

It's also difficult to engage with people who have pitchforks at your head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

But if he was trolling, wouldn't he continue to engage and troll? 

Maybe it's just his catharsis. 

That’s what he does by posting the same thing four times.  That’s why people are sick of it and calling it what it is.  If you disagree with that so be it.  You are entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1

To be fair, not many people in the thread were open to discourse as opposed to just responding with dismissive and mocking memes. 

Are you just playing devil's advocate here? The OP has a history. You could check it out if you wanted.

There's been plenty of genuine discourse about Richardson since he was drafted. That's not what this thread is about.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Are you just playing devil's advocate here? The OP has a history. You could check it out if you wanted.

There's been plenty of genuine discourse about Richardson since he was drafted. That's not what this thread is about.

It looks like he has had 3 threads over the season. One in August and two in October. Now one in the offseason. Not enough to consider him a troll in my book. You can consider him whatever you'd like. I don't recall him popping up in every thread crapping on Richardson constantly or making a thread every week. 

In my opinion, it isn't frequent enough or over the top enough. Your mileage seems to vary. That's fine. 

The post actually did spark some genuine discourse from a hand full of posters. It's just an unpopular opinion, so not many are willng to engage in that sort of discourse. 

The guy has been a member of the forum since 2013. He didn't just create an account when Richardson was drafted to crap on him. 

• Like 1

It is one thing to say, I don't think AR will pan out - that is his opinion much like me saying I don't think Levis will. Difference is, he is saying a lot more if you read into it closely (bashing the guy and pouring it on) and look at his posting patterns once every few months. He did the same thing with Jordan Love.

• Like 2

It looks like he has had 3 threads over the season. One in August and two in October. Now one in the offseason. Not enough to consider him a troll in my book. You can consider him whatever you'd like. I don't recall him popping up in every thread crapping on Richardson constantly or making a thread every week. 

In my opinion, it isn't frequent enough or over the top enough. Your mileage seems to vary. That's fine. 

The post actually did spark some genuine discourse from a hand full of posters. It's just an unpopular opinion, so not many are willng to engage in that sort of discourse. 

The guy has been a member of the forum since 2013. He didn't just create an account when Richardson was drafted to crap on him. 

I think we found Lenny's second account

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 3:06 PM, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

Man I want what your drinkin!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Just to help explain my thinking, the OP has not been back to the thread since posting it. He farted in a crowded room and walked out. And that's his pattern.

He's repeated this 'you guys are crazy for thinking Richardson can be good' multiple times, and never engages with any of the replies.

He also has posted similar opinions in previous years on other QBs, including his version of calling out people who see it differently. And an element of good faith posting is simply acknowledging when you've been wrong, but he's never done that either.

This is trollish posting behavior, IMO. And the response to this thread is an acknowledgment of this pattern of behavior.

Fair enough. I can see where you're coming from; maybe he is, indeed, a small troll. 

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

I agree with the over hyping without showing much yet, but the minshew stuff is just crazy. Saying Richardson is a bust is as bad as the hyping. All players take time to show what type of player they will be.

Just now, AustexColt said:

The key is to keep it simple and game plan for JT and Pitt/Downs. Defenses will keep their focus on AR so it will open it up for JT and Pitt/Downs. We need a great TE. We don't have one on the bench.

That is why someone like Bowers would be a great fit here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustexColt said:

The key is to keep it simple and game plan for JT and Pitt/Downs. Defenses will keep their focus on AR so it will open it up for JT and Pitt/Downs. We need a great TE. We don't have one on the bench.

Maybe I'm old,  maybe I got spoiled watching greatness.  The stretch play we had under Tom Moore was so effective.   Edge would get 5, get 4 , get 7.  Then Peyton would hit Marvin for 45 on a play action that looked like edge was getting the ball.   I know the offenses are evolving, it just seems like always being in shotgun reduces what the offense can do.   If you hand it off, the rb is at a stand still when he gets the ball.   Damn I miss the 2000s offense 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe I'm old,  maybe I got spoiled watching greatness.  The stretch play we had under Tom Moore was so effective.   Edge would get 5, get 4 , get 7.  Then Peyton would hit Marvin for 45 on a play action that looked like edge was getting the ball.   I know the offenses are evolving, it just seems like always being in shotgun reduces what the offense can do.   If you hand it off, the rb is at a stand still when he gets the ball.   Damn I miss the 2000s offense 

Same! As a former running back, shotgun formation just sucks. It’s much more difficult to get up to speed. So the more effective backs in that scenario are ones who can take off immediately. I was not one of those types… I needed a few steps to get going and it also gave me a small moment to see what the defense was doing and find the right hole to punch through. 

With shotgun there’s less time and in general it always felt like the blockers were backpedaling instead of pushing forwards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 2:53 PM, Superman said:

He farted in a crowded room and walked out. And that's his pattern.

Doesn't everyone do that?  It's my favorite move!

But seriously,  I decided to rewatch all of ARs games again and my opinion hasn't changed.   He really has some skills.  I'm excited to see what he can do this year and I hope a second training camp really helps him since he missed most of his rookie season.

Having JT back there will be huge.  Two serious running threats.   And I  think all of the receivers we have would be enough. 

He needs to improve his decision making and passing accuracy,  but I can say that about 20 starters in this league.   It's a high bar.

And I  am concerned about too many hits and injuries. 

Should be fun to watch and I hope Flacco never has to play.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 2:59 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is his health, I don't blame people for worrying about that. I do as well. 

When I look at his injury history, it does seem a little concerning for a guy who has started only 13 games for Florida and five for the Colts. I'm still optimistic about the Richardson/Steichen pairing, but I'm going to be nervous until Richardson proves he can run Steichen's Pistol and RPO and stay in the game.   

Anthony Richardson, Indianapolis Colts - The Fantasy Doctors

10/03/2019 Shoulder - Right (throwing) shoulder injury, AC sprain vs. clavicle fracture

03/11/2021 Hamstring - Hamstring strain, Spring practices

09/11/2021 Hamstring - Hamstring strain, possible reinjury, likely grade 1

10/30/2021 Concussion

11/05/2021 Knee - Right knee, sprained it dancing

11/27/2021 Knee - Right knee injury, 'Tore it (meniscus) off bone' (per player)

12/11/2021 Knee - Right knee surgery, likely meniscectomy, cleared in March

09/10/2022 Ankle - Ankle injury, no details

09/24/2022 Stinger - Left shoulder, likely stinger, returned to game

09/17/2022 Hamstring - Hamstring strain, reinjury from 3/2021. Grade 1 vs. 2

09/17/2023 Concussion - Traumatic brain injury

10/08/2023 Shoulder- Right. Type III AC sprain, season-ending surgery Dr. Neal El Attrache on 10/24/23

https://www.thefantasydoctors.com/players-injury/anthony-richardson-injuries-history/

• Like 3

On 3/26/2024 at 3:53 PM, BeanDiasucci said:

When I look at his injury history, it does seem a little concerning for a guy who has started only 13 games for Florida and five for the Colts. I'm still optimistic about the Richardson/Steichen pairing, but I'm going to be nervous until Richardson proves he can run Steichen's Pistol and RPO and stay in the game.   

Anthony Richardson, Indianapolis Colts - The Fantasy Doctors

10/03/2019 Shoulder - Right (throwing) shoulder injury, AC sprain vs. clavicle fracture

03/11/2021 Hamstring - Hamstring strain, Spring practices

09/11/2021 Hamstring - Hamstring strain, possible reinjury, likely grade 1

10/30/2021 Concussion

11/05/2021 Knee - Right knee, sprained it dancing

11/27/2021 Knee - Right knee injury, 'Tore it (meniscus) off bone' (per player)

12/11/2021 Knee - Right knee surgery, likely meniscectomy, cleared in March

09/10/2022 Ankle - Ankle injury, no details

09/24/2022 Stinger - Left shoulder, likely stinger, returned to game

09/17/2022 Hamstring - Hamstring strain, reinjury from 3/2021. Grade 1 vs. 2

09/17/2023 Concussion - Traumatic brain injury

10/08/2023 Shoulder- Right. Type III AC sprain, season-ending surgery Dr. Neal El Attrache on 10/24/23

https://www.thefantasydoctors.com/players-injury/anthony-richardson-injuries-history/

Yeah, that is a lot. When the guy is healthy he is amazing, let's hope he can be durable. Having Taylor should help with him running the ball 20 times a game or so.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, that is a lot. When the guy is healthy he is amazing, let's hope he can be durable. Having Taylor should help with him running the ball 20 times a game or so.

Looks like his durability is highly suspect. I never realized he has been hurt so often. 

6 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Looks like his durability is highly suspect. I never realized he has been hurt so often. 

Yeah, he has a past of being injured quite a bit but hopefully as he matures, he plays smarter. Having Taylor is huge. We are about to find out in 2024 if AR is durable or not. He is built like a brick house which is puzzling regarding his injuries. 

• Like 2

I always appreciate the fact that I can increase my vocabulary on this forum.....what does dillusuion mean? Can you use it in a sentence?I need to add this word to my knowledge base.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I always appreciate the fact that I can increase my vocabulary on this forum.....what does dillusuion mean? Can you use it in a sentence?I need to add this word to my knowledge base.

I took a break for a week and the laughing emoji is gone so hear ya go Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. I guess Lenny, got DELUSIONAL in his thinking and had a mishap haha .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, he has a past of being injured quite a bit but hopefully as he matures, he plays smarter. Having Taylor is huge. We are about to find out in 2024 if AR is durable or not. He is built like a brick house which is puzzling regarding his injuries. 

That’s what’s so puzzling about him. Being a big strong quarterback is surprising that he seems to get injured so often. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

s-l1200.jpg.235d6a5e8753d85aec43e1f6fad6d0a2.jpg

Sorry, the ridiculousnesd of Beavis and Butthead saying, "He said dill, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh," came to mind. 

• Like 1