Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Things don’t have to happen simply because the fan base wants it to happen NOW.   

I dont care at this point if we land him or not.

We have limited cap space and waiting until the draft to make a move as big as this will keep all of that money tied up until then.

Do you not understand that?  If we land him today thats great. If we dont get him at all i wont be mad.  Why would they wait though?

They know what he wants.  I dont believe that they are "waiting" either.  I think they did move on or will announce soon.

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just remember there is a reason Ballard put this info out to holder. There is a reason and holder is just a mouth piece. I would be embarrassed if I was holder.

Since you know zero about journalism, you should not throw stones at Holder or any other journalist.   

To quote you….   You need to stop. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Teams do their own physicals once trades are completed.  They aren’t going to take another team’s word for it that he’s healthy even if he more than likely is.

That could be but then the paperwork would be filed with the league and the trade would be public knowledge, but yes that’s how it does work.

There's no reason a player can't complete a physical with the expected new team before the trade is official. I don't think it's common, but it can be done if both teams and the player agree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard is not going to get aggressive with a QB on a rookie deal he ever will.

Unfortunately, the Texans get it but Ballard doesn't . Ballard refuses to take a swing ( other than drafting AR) He's assembled a nice roster but it lacks difference makers at key positions . It's been this way for 8 years...it's not going to change.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The physical stuff did not come from Destin  everything Destin said was confirmed by Diana Russini today. 

Did you consider the possibility that Destin has the same source as Russini, and they were both given the same information? 

If I'm questioning the validity of Destin's info, or the motive of the person offering the info, hearing the same thing from another person doesn't really change anything. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I dont care at this point if we land him or not.

We have limited cap space and waiting until the draft to make a move as big as this will keep all of that money tied up until then.

Do you not understand that?  If we land him today thats great. If we dont get him at all i wont be mad.  Why would they wait though?

They know what he wants.  I dont believe that they are "waiting" either.  I think they did move on or will announce soon.

The point is none of us knows what’s going on inside.   None of us.   I’m not picking on you.  But we don’t know the inner workings.  We may opinions about what appears to be happening.   But we don’t know, and I’m including myself.  

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Did you consider the possibility that Destin has the same source as Russini, and they were both given the same information? 

If I'm questioning the validity of Destin's info, or the motive of the person offering the info, hearing the same thing from another person doesn't really change anything. 

I never said it wasn’t. I was responding to ones putting Destin down and saying he made things up. Which bet report proves he didn’t and he’s has good sources.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I never said it wasn’t. I was responding to ones putting Destin down and saying he made things up. Which bet report proves he didn’t and he’s has good sources.

Was anyone actually claiming that Destin made things up?

Your claim is that Ballard is using Holder. What if Sneed's agents are using Destin, and others? 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Was anyone actually claiming that Destin made things up?

Your claim is that Ballard is using Holder. What if Sneed's agents are using Destin, and others? 

No, the most anyone has suggested is Destin got it wrong, which could very well be because he was being used by someone.  Even the most skeptical people of Destin have taken the hey he could be right approach but the longer things go it looks like he wasn’t but we shall see.

people have accused others, like pretty Rickey (who deleted his twitter account) of making things up but no one I have seen has taken that approach to Destin.

Personally I can’t stand Holder but nothing has happened to back up the claim he is being used by Ballard in this case beyond the fact it contradicts Destin and the news people want to be true.  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The point is none of us knows what’s going on inside.

I'm trying to think about what makes sense for everyone based on what we know.  I dont know everything about nfl cap space and contracts so its fair to question me on that part. 

I believe his asking price is close to the cap space we have now.

There could be a wild card that Sneed or his agent just want to drag this out and act like they are fine staying in KC, but then change their asking price at the last minute.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Schefter just said on McAfee show Colts and Chiefs have not had discussions on Sneed.  He said it could change going forward but as of 12:30 this afternoon this is not happening.  Pat’s bumbed out.

So per Schefter and Holder then Destin got it wrong.  I’ll let people decide on their own who they trust more,  the guy who broke the Andrew Luck story or the guy who works for AtoZ sports.  

12 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Is it possible Sneed never had any intention of leaving KC?

AFAIK, Sneed has never siad that he would NOT play on the tag.  AFAIK, KC has never said that they don't want him back, or don't want a long term contract.

So, if a team (KC) and a player (Sneed), agree to let him test the market under the tag, would the situation look any differently than what it has?

Two teams talk about trade compensation, and the players tests the contract market.  That doesn't mean that all parties are actually negotiating a real deal.    

I assume that a good journalist would know how the difference between "test the market" and actual deal making.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard is not going to get aggressive with a QB on a rookie deal he ever will.

If we are indeed in the final two in bidding for Sneed, that is Super Aggressive. 

Our negotiator knows more about Tennessee's limit than we do. Perhaps he knows already we have the best offer and Sneed will have to settle for it or KC finds a way to keep him. No doubt his preference.

No since bidding against ourselves!

With Sneed we are likely a 3rd place team and not in the playoffs. So the draft being very successful and another year of improvement from our youth is what's MOST important.

Not so important is signing a S and CB from what's left in FA to hopefully finish 9-8. 

The waiting game serves us just fine. Nothing wrong with us rolling over $15M into next year's Cap when hopefully we only have 1-2 holes left to upgrade. Then we spend on a stud/studs to go after the Ring.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The waiting game serves us just fine. Nothing wrong with us rolling over $15M into next year's Cap when hopefully we only have 1-2 holes left to upgrade. Then we spend on a stud/studs to go after the Ring.

I dont think we can go into the season with the CB group we have now. There's some young potential but thats not enough imo.  

They could use a high pick on one but thats adding a rookie to an already young and inexperienced group.

Regardless of the Sneed situation. There has to be a couple moves in the secondary. With Stroud, Lawerence, and even Levis there’s no way you can be okay going into battle with what we have. I think Ballard has done a good job building the team, and I think he will make a few moves but if he doesn’t then there won’t be any defending him anymore. 

• Like 1

I guess whnt I want to articulate here is I think they need to make a final offer to the Cheifs and Sneed if they haven't already.

If it doesnt work then go get a veteran free agent CB.  In this plan you dont want to wait, those CBs will get taken.

59 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Holder has turned into Ballards puppet. He tells him things he wants out there for a reason.

Right. It wasn’t resigning or getting sneed. Now we might of had to let players go if we wanted sneed and hunter.

I think Holder is much more likely to be right on Sneed than Destin.... for whatever that is worth. 

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Sneed was just using the colts that is just wrong.

...And provides validation why the Colts have backed off of him. I don't see spending all, or most, of the remaining cap space on a 1st time non-rookie contact that thinks they should be the highest paid at their position.

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can't get a leopard to change his spots....

12 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Now can we ban tweets from that clown Dustin?

I mean someone said Holder might need to delete his twitter after this maybe since Holders looks to be right someone else might might need to delete theirs?

in all seriousness the lesson here is very careful taking what someone on twitter reports as unquestionable fact because it’s what you want to be true.  Wait for the real media to report it, they have standards that wanna bes on twitter don’t and it’s to prevent from having egg on their fact because they get a major story wrong by reporting things premature.

My view on Destin remains unchanged, he’s an upcoming journalist who I think is going to learn an extremely valuable lesson from all this,  you have to make sure who you have the whole story confirmed, not just part of it, before you report it.  Him admitting he didn’t have the contract confirmed should have been a major red flag because no team is going to agree to the trade for Sneed until the contract is worked out.  Yes they may have one done in principle but it’s not going to be framed as done until the contract is done, even if they are just ironing out some details regarding the contract.  Again think Buckner, non of that came out until it was ALL done.  

Also, again it’s lying season.  People all over the place are putting out false stories to push their side.  Those people look to take advantage of someone like Destin who is trying to make a name for himself by breaking a huge story like this.  I have a feeling that’s what happened here.  

Bummer for the Colts as I would like Sneed but there is a reason I’ve been so skeptical about this.  I’ve seen too many stories like this that we later find out was never on the table.  Remember Andrew Luck and his meeting with Jimmy from the Colts a few years ago that a bunch of would be Colts insiders on twitter jumped that the person who put out there later admitted they made up as a joke?

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So maybe today Ballard can sign a FS, Diggs?

It's really the biggest hole on the roster. Even more than CB experience. We have Thomas and that's it.

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I guess want I want to articulate here is I think they need to make a final offer to the Cheifs and Sneed if they haven't already.

If it doesnt work then go get a veteran free agent CB.  In this plan you dont want to wait, those CBs will get taken.

Assuming nothing happens, I think the final offer phase was probably several days ago, and everything else has been theatre. And that sounds like Ballard's MO. 

If something does happen, then it sounds like they've been crossing Ts and dotting Is for a few days. And that sounds a little messy for Ballard. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

You can't get a leopard to change his spots....

As I’ve said all along this is who Ballard is.  He’s spent his life building his philosophy to team building.  He was never going to just change that on a whim.  It doesn’t make it right or wrong, that’s an opinion that’s up to people, it’s just who he is rather people like it or not.

• Like 1