Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

A random Twitter account, supposedly insider for Chiefs, or Chiefs fan who Destin Adams was quoting and asking details  about the progress of the talks with Colts.

I saw that account yesterday morning, then during the day that account got deleted.

Yeah I saw the account as well.

Pretty sure name was like "chiefszone15".

Wish we had the screenshot .

I just want to know who it actually was.

Is it someone in the know, as Chloe suggested?

Is it someone who deleted their account because they were embarrassed?

Is it someone who's account was deleted because they got fired?

Is it someone's burner account and for busted?

Seems strange to delete account over a tweet that clearly had a lot of truths in it.

Colts and Chiefs/Sneed have been in advanced talks. I don't think many are objecting to that. Will it get to finish line? Are they over? Who knows?

I just think it is weird to delete an account over that? Has to be something else.

Is the account still down?

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah I saw the account as well.

Pretty sure name was like "chiefszone15".

Wish we had the screenshot .

I just want to know who it actually was.

Is it someone in the know, as Chloe suggested?

Is it someone who deleted their account because they were embarrassed?

Is it someone who's account was deleted because they got fired?

Is it someone's burner account and for busted?

Seems strange to delete account over a tweet that clearly had a lot of truths in it.

Colts and Chiefs/Sneed have been in advanced talks. I don't think many are objecting to that. Will it get to finish line? Are they over? Who knows?

I just think it is weird to delete an account over that? Has to be something else.

Is the account still down?

He has like 20k likes really quick. Apparently Twitter can also shut certain accounts  down that accumulate  likes or something quickly. It might have been Twitter. But Ben is in Denver so if he knew who it was it had to be someone nationally. Someone suggested maybe from NFL league office. I don’t that though.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has like 20k likes really quick. Apparently Twitter can also shut certain accounts  down that accumulate  likes or something quickly. It might have been Twitter. But Ben is in Denver so if he knew who it was it had to be someone nationally. Someone suggested maybe from NFL league office. I don’t that though.

I think I might be getting 2 accounts from yesterday confused.with one another.

Not sure the chiefszone15 guy(100k+ followers) is the same as the Pretty Rickey guy? Maybe it was if it was the 100k+ guy?

Might have to go back and find the original tweets when the started rolling through.

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not sure the chiefszone15 guy(100k+ followers) is the same as the Pretty Rickey guy? Maybe it was if it was the 100k+ guy?

Might have to go back and find the original tweets when the started rolling through.

Yeah, I believe that was different account, that came through reddit post.

This deleted account was in some communication with Destin. One of the Destin's tweet was RICKEY SPEAKS quoting that guy's post about the progress, so it looked like Destin looked up to him for some updates from Chiefs side. 

Benjamin Albright (another self reported insider) in X, suggested that account might have been deleted because people dug into the past history of the account  and might have identified the real person or source behind it, and they didn't want to reveal their identity, so removed the account from X. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, I believe that was different account, that came through reddit post.

This deleted account was in some communication with Destin. One of the Destin's tweet was RICKEY SPEAKS quoting that guy's post about the progress, so it looked like Destin looked up to him for some updates from Chiefs side. 

Benjamin Albright (another self reported insider) in X, suggested that account might have been deleted because people dug into the past history of the account  and might have identified the real person or source behind it, and they didn't want to reveal their identity, so removed the account from X. 

This where I saw the Chiefszone15, I'm more impressed with me remembering that. Lol.

Chicken Nugget guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I took a screenshot of the Rickey post but only after it was noted as "not found". Let's see if I can find it.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I took a screenshot of the Rickey post but only after the account was noted as "not found".  Let's see if I can find it.

@w87r. Is that the one you are referring to? 

Screenshot_20240316-173119~2.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@w87r. Is that the one you are referring to? 

Screenshot_20240316-173119~2.png

I found the one I was referring to above

Again this just makes me curious to who this actually is, because what they posted here isn't bad, even said there was a snag, holding things up? Not worth deleting account over. So that makes this situation a little more curious to me.

13 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Rather the Colts sign him instead of Flacco.

How did he make the pro-bowl, is my question.

Career 8 TDs, 7 INTs?

Seems to not only be very average, but also an extremely small sample size.

24 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Career 8 TDs, 7 INTs?

Basically none of the top QBs accepted invites either due to injury or just not being interested. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Career 8 TDs, 7 INTs?

Cause probowl is a joke

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Career 8 TDs, 7 INTs?

That's a typo.  He made the poor bowl.

31 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Pats sign K.J. Osborn 

He would have been an option possibly if we weren't in on Sneed that could have been affordable.

With this thinking, most every player could have been an option if not for Sneed. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

With this thinking, most every player could have been an option if not for Sneed. 

I mentioned him because he's specifically a cheaper player at a position of need. Someone Ballard otherwise may have possibly signed. I'm not saying it for every player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Career 8 TDs, 7 INTs?

For what it’s worth…..     having nothing to do with the Pro Bowl….  

But Huntley is now the 4th Browns QB 

1.  Deshaun Watson

2.  Jameson Winston

3.  Dorian Thompson Robinson
4.  Tyler Huntley

And for some mysterious reason, they didn’t bring back Flacco who did a very good job for them. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

And for some mysterious reason, they didn’t bring back Flacco who did very good job for them. 

Thought I heard something, that I thought made a little bit of sense.

It said they didn't bring Flacco back because they thought some people would call for him to start. They didn't want to put the extra pressure on Watson.

Clean slate as QB1

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I mentioned him because he's specifically a cheaper player at a position of need. Someone Ballard otherwise may have possibly signed. I'm not saying it for every player. 

FWIW:   Just read on ESPN that unlike most years, there have been almost no big contracts for WRs in the first week of FA this year.   One:  Calvin Ridley Thomas 4/92 with Tenn.   The FA class of WRs is viewed as very weak while the draft class is considered very very strong.  

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

It said they didn't bring Flacco back because they thought some people would call for him to start. They didn't want to put the extra pressure on Watson.

Clean slate as QB1

I saw this as well. They wanted to avoid a qb controversy. 

and in doing so, they admitted they indeed have a qb controversy. Lol

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Seems like FA has gotten slower overall the last week. It started out crazy.

That’s how it goes.  The big names go fast and then teams kinda figure out where they are at, what they still need, what they have money for, and what they can target in the draft and then round two starts.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Clean slate as QB1

Intetesting:   I heard the EXACT same thing from the smartest person on the NFL radio channel on Sirius XM.   Pat Kirwan, a career NFL Exec, speculated that on Friday.  said no on will clamor for Winston, but plenty would for Flacco.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s how it goes.  The big names go fast and then teams kinda figure out where they are at, what they still need, what they have money for, and what they can target in the draft and then round two starts.

Still plenty of decent DBs left so far.

• Like 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

Still plenty of decent DBs left so far.

The whole corner market is waiting on the Sneed situation to resolve.  Even if teams aren’t in the race for him players will hold out to see what his contract looks like if he gets one because they will base their asking price on him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:   Just read on ESPN that unlike most years, there have been almost no big contracts for WRs in the first week of FA this year.   One:  Calvin Ridley Thomas 4/92 with Tenn.   The FA class of WRs is viewed as very weak while the draft class is considered very very strong.  

Yeah, the Ridley contract was ridiculous. I would have never signed him for that if I were Ballard.  I do understand that the draft class of WRs is very strong. I'm hoping we get one within the Colts first 3 picks. Obviously though, it's one of those things where we only have two solid WRs right now in Pittman and Downs, and although we probably draft a WR (or 2) it's still not guaranteed as of now, and I would have preferred to have signed a WR and drafted one early to hedge our bets and Osborn was the perfect underrated guy IMO.

JMO of course.

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Clean slate as QB1

Yep heard that too which made sense.

• Like 1