Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Imo the only thing holding up adding any other player to the secondary is Kenny Moore.  I think there are plans in place depending on whether he signs or not.  Once he makes his decision then Ballard makes his moves.  Waiting on Kenny I think.

That is 100% backwards. 

Kenny Moore is not the domino to fall that they are waiting on. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re judging a GM candidate by one recommendation?     A GM makes countless decisions….  Every day, every month…. Every year.    You really want to decide based on one decision?   

Respectfully,  I’d re-think that. 

Respectfully, I won’t re-think that. If the general manager is going to be judged by the qb position- which is reality, then why would I feel differently about the main scout that vouched for us to take a qb that led to the firing of the GM that he was hired by? 

I hope it doesn’t happen. If AR succeeds then Ballard stays and Brown is a gm elsewhere in a hurry. Would that be a mistake in letting that happen? I think not… 

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Respectfully, I won’t re-think that. If the general manager is going to be judged by the qb position- which is reality, then why would I feel differently about the main scout that vouched for us to take a qb that led to the firing of the GM that he was hired by? 

I hope it doesn’t happen. If AR succeeds then Ballard stays and Brown is a gm elsewhere in a hurry. Would that be a mistake in letting that happen? I think not… 

You’re badly over thinking this.  

Maybe the reasons for AR not having the success we want have nothing to do with Brown.   Are AR’s injuries Browns fault?   I don’t think so.   

You lost me on the last paragraph.  No one has any idea what happens going forward.  A mistake letting Brown get a promotion?   Huh?    More over-thinking.   Sorry. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re badly over thinking this.  

Maybe the reasons for AR not having the success we want have nothing to do with Brown.   Are AR’s injuries Browns fault?   I don’t think so.   

You lost me on the last paragraph.  No one has any idea what happens going forward.  A mistake letting Brown get a promotion?   Huh?    More over-thinking.   Sorry. 

So are AR’s injuries Ballard’s fault? lol… 

This whole thing was based on hypotheticals dude. Yours was the one I responded to. You know the “if Ballard’s fired, brown or Dodds should be hired.”

Sorry you are lost in transition.  maybe it’s Ballard’s fault… 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

sounds like Kenny is coming back they are just working on the contract.

This sounds like his agent contacted 2 different reporters with the same info that he wanted out. He's hoping some other team will come over the top and outbid the Colts offer. He's pretty much saying to other teams - come get Kenny or we will sign soon... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

This whole thing was based on hypotheticals dude. Yours was the one I responded to. You know the “if Ballard’s fired, brown or Dodds should be hired.”

You’re in the mood to argue.  You think you’ve got a winning hand.  From my perspective, you don’t.  

So we’re going to have to agree to disagree.   We see this quite differently.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You’re in the mood to argue.  You think you’ve got a winning hand.  From my perspective, you don’t.  

So we’re going to have to agree to disagree.   We see this quite differently.  

you seem to be in the normal condescending mood. So I’ll agree to move along… 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Sometimes it nobody’s fault.  Bad things happen in the violent game of football.  Sucks for the team, but it happens.   

Always looking for someone to blame is counter productive.  But it’s your choice.  Again, we disagree.  

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As soon as he signs the other acquisitions will take place I think.  We know they have been negotiating for some time so it sounds like it shouldn’t take long.

Kenny been wanting out of indy about a contract ago......I like his play but the Colts haven't loved him $$$$$ the way he wants to be loved $$$$ ....Didn't he sign his last deal and year later want it re-tweaked? He clearly wants more $$$$$$ I mean love from the team. Ha ha 

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

you seem to be in the normal condescending mood. So I’ll agree to move along… 

You went after me.  But I’m the one who is condescending.  I’ll make a note of it.
I guess saying we’ll have to agree to disagree doesn’t get far with you these days.   You’re just too determined to win.  

3 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Kenny been wanting out of indy about a contract ago......I like his play but the Colts haven't loved him $$$$$ the way he wants to be loved $$$$ ....Didn't he sign his last deal and year later want it re-tweaked? He clearly wants more $$$$$$ I mean love from the team. Ha ha 

Kenny never said he wanted out of Indy and never requested a trade.  Heck he didn’t even conduct a hold out he had a hold in during minicamp and was on the field when  training camp started and then was all in last year and had a great season.  He said early this off-season that he wanted to be in Indy.  Your characterization that he’s wanted out of Indy couldn’t be more wrong.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crunked said:

You’re completely mis-remembering everything.   Your timeline is way, way off.   

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

For whatever it's worth:

Would be a solid backup if he ends up in Indy but honestly Colts, Texans or Titans could be in play if this report is correct.  Jags just traded for Jones to be their backup so they are off the board.

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Perhaps Kenny is hearing that the Colts are considering Sneed, and thinking maybe he better sign, before they pull the trigger on trading?

Well the report did say no deal imminent so I don’t think that’s the case.  I think the Colts and Moore are negotiating and perhaps Moore hasn’t gotten the offers he expected if this was leaked from his agent.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You went after me.  But I’m the one who is condescending.  I’ll make a note of it.
I guess saying we’ll have to agree to disagree doesn’t get far with you these days.   You’re just too determined to win.  

I asked you a simple question regarding your hypothetical of Ballard being fired… and you responded with this- 

27 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:
  53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re judging a GM candidate by one recommendation?     A GM makes countless decisions….  Every day, every month…. Every year.    You really want to decide based on one decision?   

Respectfully,  I’d re-think that

Putting “respectfully” while being condescending works the opposite. Don’t tell me how to think… you didn’t even dare to ask what I was thinking for more clarification. You jumped down my throat for asking a question, and not one that was illogical. But go on how I came after you… lol. I wasn’t in the mood to argue until you posted that. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re completely mis-remembering everything.   Your timeline is way, way off.   

here is another example of condescension at its finest… 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Really don’t want to also overpay Kenny similar to how Grover was overpaid. Both players are limited as Kenny is strictly a slot corner and Grover is strictly a run stopping DT. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Kenny never said he wanted out of Indy and never requested a trade.  Heck he didn’t even conduct a hold out he had a hold in during minicamp and was on the field when camp started and then was all in last year and had a great season.  He said early this off-season that he wanted to be in Indy.  Your characterization that he’s wanted out of Indy couldn’t be more wrong.

Well if I was characterizing it that way you would be correct. by "out of indy" and I thought  all the $$$ would be a give away....he has not been satisfied with his compensation......for at least a contract ago....but love that you locked on to 3 words and ignored the whole paragraph.....my bad for saying "out of indy" the intent of all the other words was to point out he has been wanting paid for quite a while so working out a deal with him is not a given nor should anyone expect a hometown discount....whether here or elsewhere he wants paid...or at least that is his track record on contract negotiations....personally its not my money and I am not the GM who has to answer for why he is either here or gone...just seemed poignant to remind the readers that he has been wanting paid for a while now....

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I asked you a simple question regarding your hypothetical of Ballard being fired… and you responded with this- 

Putting “respectfully” while being condescending works the opposite. Don’t tell me how to think… you didn’t even dare to ask what I was thinking for more clarification. You jumped down my throat for asking a question, and not one that was illogical. But go on how I came after you… lol. I wasn’t in the mood to argue until you posted that. 

here is another example of condescension at its finest… 

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Perhaps Kenny is hearing that the Colts are considering Sneed, and thinking maybe he better sign, before they pull the trigger on trading?

Kenny is a slot corner,  I’m not sure why Sneed would represent a problem for him.  I do wonder if he wants to be paid outside CB money though.  

as stated earlier by other posters he says he wants to remain a Colt.  We shall see

Just now, ArmchairQB said:

Kenny is a slot corner,  I’m not sure why Sneed would represent a problem for him.  I do wonder if he wants to be paid outside CB money though.  

as stated earlier by other posters he says he wants to remain a Colt.  We shall see

Scroll up lol.  All good man things are moving fast.