Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Nah there’s no way that’s not the record. I’ve never seen speed like that at the combine.

I know! He looks so fast! I thought he broke the record the first time because he looked so fast!

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I know they were talking about the Chiefs might take McConkey, but I’m guessing Worthy right now…

Is that before or after they showed Mahomes tweet(s)

• Like 1

I doubt this will be popular, but one WR I do NOT want is Johnny Wilson of Florida State.   I think he’s nearly 6’7” and has a very clunky running style.   Not a fan. 

Maybe if he gains about 15-20 pounds and becomes a tight end.    Maybe.   

NFL Network put up a graphic showing Wilson is the tallest WR in combine history,  all of them were busts except one.  Darren Waller who moved to tight end.  Take the hint Johnny!   Take the hint!

Otherwise….  I’d be happy to let him go elsewhere.   

• Like 6

I know it’ll never happen (but I wish it would)

I’d love to see Worthy try out for the U.S. Olympic Track team.   I think he’d be very competitive.   

By the way, I believe he has shrunk at the combine.   I think he was supposed to be 6’1 and 172.    But he measured 5’11” and 165.   Not disqualifying, but smaller.  Comped to a bigger Hollywood Brown who is 5’9” and 155. 

By the way,  Jeremiah’s profile on him has some very nice qualities about him, but he does not seem to profile as a WR1.    More like a WR2.   He needs a good amount of polish at the NFL level.  DJ has him ranked in the late 30’s.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Great Simulcam. Worthy had a better start, but Ross looked like he gained a little on him. 

Remind everyone what kind of career Ross had.  Curious if Worthy’s speed translates well for the NFL.  Hoping to see him compete in the other on field drills see if speed and hands actually work in unison. 

• Like 1

Just now, OhioColt said:

Remind everyone what kind of career Ross had.  Curious if Worthy’s speed translates well for the NFL.  Hoping to see him compete in the other on field drills see if speed and hands actually work in unison. 

It’s going to be his hands and his durability that’ll determine his success IMO. He’s had issues with drops and he’s TINY. 

1 minute ago, OhioColt said:

I just looked up Ross’s career.  His career stats look like one great year.   Roughly 60 catches for about 950 yards and about 10 TDs.   But that was over 5 seasons.  Ross announced his retirement this year while he was on the KC practice squad.  

Thomas was the 2nd fastest WR behind only worthy obviously. Might as well write the name on the card for pick 15 now and just hold it until April. More than anything else, we absolutely can not let him go to the Jags two picks later. I do not want to see him twice a year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It’s going to be his hands and his durability that’ll determine his success IMO. He’s had issues with drops and he’s TINY. 

For what it’s worth….  Worthy is small but he’s not tiny.  He’s actually bigger than two recent highly drafted WR’s.   He’s bigger than Hollywood Brown and bigger than Tutu Atwell.   

Worthy measured 5’11” and 165, smaller and shorter than expected.   

37 minutes ago, stitches said:

BTW I love that he actually was not content with 4.25. I've seen players run in the 4.2s and then not even run the second one. He wanted to actually go for the record. :applause:

This was especially great to see on a weekend where so many other players didn’t want do anything at the combine. He showed a real competitive nature. That’s going to go over big with coaches for a player who also has great tape. Makes you wonder if MHJ didn’t want to be upstaged. 

Rome Odunze stayed behind and is repeating his 3-come drill because he keeps tipping the cone. Everyone else went home and he’s still out there.

Call me crazy but I’ll take that over diva MHJ. Even when it comes to film, this idea that MHJ is just Miles better than every receiver is a farce. Odunze, Nabers, Thomas, etc… all had similar stats or better. 

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rome Odunze stayed behind and is repeating his 3-come drill because he keeps tipping the cone. Everyone else went home and he’s still out there.

Call me crazy but I’ll take that over diva MHJ. Even when it comes to film, this idea that MHJ is just Miles better than every receiver is a farce. Odunze, Nabers, Thomas, etc… all had similar stats or better. 

Kind of silly imo.  He’s probably practiced it 100 times.  Not going to do him any good now to keep practicing.  Is that supposed to impress teams?  I think teams are smart enough to not fall for that show.  No worries.  He’s still going in the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Kind of silly imo.  He’s probably practiced it 100 times.  Not going to do him any good now to keep practicing.  Is that supposed to impress teams?  I think teams are smart enough to not fall for that show.  No worries.  He’s still going in the 1st round.

Well he already had recorded his time for it which was pretty good. He just wanted to do it until he got it right. Shows his dedication to his craft and competitive nature. He’s projected to go top 10 and is doing stuff like that, while the supposed best WR prospect skipped his media session.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ya think Worthy has made himself some serious money today?!?    OMG!!!

…and I thought Keon Coleman lost some.

What were the 3 cone times for Brian Thomas and McConkey and Roman Wilson? Very very curious to know 

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

…and I thought Keon Coleman lost some.

What were the 3 cone times for Brian Thomas and McConkey and Roman Wilson? Very very curious to know 

Chad….   I’ve checked for you twice.   And for some reason that doesn’t make any sense to me, only 9 WRs are listed for the 3-cone results.   That’s it.   And none are the three guys you asked about.   When I key their names into the search function the result is….  there is no result for your search, re-set filters and try again.   ????

I’ll keep trying.   Maybe more names will get loaded later….   

• Like 1