Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

42 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can we stop trying to say guys will fail or succeed before they even play a game. This is why I hate this time of season. People get way too fixated on a guy and whether he will be successful before they even play. I don’t even follow college that much and I really don’t care who we take now we have a QB. It was just something I noted since Anthony had familiarity with him.  

No one's commented on that?

He can be a success in the league, but why draft a guy who does the same thing as Downs in the 2nd round?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This kid is like 3 inches taller than fiend and 20 pounds heavier. They are not the same. His Ras says otherwise.

Fiend= Evil Spirit / Demon

This is the first time I hear we got height, weight measurements of Demons. Advancement in Technology, I see.. I get their weight is many pounds lesser, but their RAS must be shooting up their attic.

In all seriousness, height - weight - RAS measurements will vary from person to person, no one will be same in that case. But, what they bring to the team newly or in terms of WR1 capability or at least explosiveness than the current group of receivers? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can we stop trying to say guys will fail or succeed before they even play a game. This is why I hate this time of season. People get way too fixated on a guy and whether he will be successful before they even play. I don’t even follow college that much and I really don’t care who we take now we have a QB. It was just something I noted since Anthony had familiarity with him.  

when did I even remotely say he was going to fail? lol you are something…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are going to get an elite player. Can’t wait to see who it is. There is also rumors from Albert Breer colts are a team to look for to move up for a WR.

I’ll believe it when it happens.  And even if it happens, I’m not sure I’ll believe it then.  

I don’t see Ballard ever trading up in the first for his entire career.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ll believe it when it happens.  And even if it happens, I’m not sure I’ll believe it then.  

There has been a lot of rumors cardinals want to trade out of the 4th spot.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard wouldn’t even trade up one spot last year for a quarterback,  what makes you think he’d trade up 11 spots this year for wide receiver?!? 

Id say less than a zero percent chance that happens.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Ballard wouldn’t even trade up one spot last year for a quarterback,  what makes you think he’d trade up 11 spots this year for wide receiver?!? 

It would be with a team for a QB. Rumors that QB will go 1234. But the question is how far to cardinals want to drop when Harrison or Nabers is there. I think cardinals should just stay there and take a WR.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is what I keep coming back to as well. Nothing is more important than having the QB and Ballard still didn't make a move.

• Thanks 1

I think we stand pat and if Brian Thomas Jr. is there at No.15, just pull the trigger. 

College production - check

RAS - check

Red zone target / Z WR capabilities - check

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Same. He didn’t even trade up to make sure he got AR. If there’s one thing we know about Ballard, there’s certain principles he stands on. Him not trading up in the 1st is like Howie Roseman never drafting a LB in the first round. I just think Ballard is so particular in what he and his staff like that they’re never worried about someone taking their guy.

14 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Same. He didn’t even trade up to make sure he got AR. If there’s one thing we know about Ballard, there’s certain principles he stands on. Him not trading up in the 1st is like Howie Roseman never drafting a LB in the first round. I just think Ballard is so particular in what he and his staff like that they’re never worried about someone taking their guy.

Personally, I think Ballard was confident that AR would fall to him.    But I do think he has a general rule against trading up in the first round.   Even if he someday becomes the GM for another team I don’t think he’ll ever trade up in the first.  Just too expensive for his comfort level.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It would be with a team for a QB. Rumors that QB will go 1234. But the question is how far to cardinals want to drop when Harrison or Nabers is there. I think cardinals should just stay there and take a WR.

What does this have to do with Ballard and the Colts?   Your comments are mostly about what the Cardinals might do and why they might do it.   Ok, but we’re talking about Ballard.  

9 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I didn’t watch the QBs this year how did Penix look, from his play he seems to have a good throwing motion. 

I hate his throwing motion, LOL. I can handle a left handed passer, and I can handle a 3/4 passer, but both at the same time?? 🤢

55 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed overall, but I think if the Colts were targeting Stroud last year, and he was still there at #3, they would have traded up. They didn't trade up for Richardson because they were confident he'd still be there at #4, but they thought about it, and probably had the conversations with the Cardinals beforehand.

But yeah, in general, I don't think Ballard is that interested in trading up. And I think this year that probably works in his favor, based on how it looks like the top of the draft will go.

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

those were the same rumors last year with a stronger class of quarterbacks… 

It still almost happened though. It ended being QBs at 1, 2, and 4. I could see a few trades happening and QBs going 1, 2, 3, and 4/5. Chargers are a prime trade down team IMO. It will depend on how FA goes. It was just announced that the Broncos are releasing Russell Wilson. He will join Tannehill, Cousins, and Minshew as intriguing FA QBs for teams looking for a veteran starter.

But the possibility of 4 QBs going early supports the idea that Ballard probably won’t trade up. Theres going to be some elite player that slips to 15.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It still almost happened though. It ended being QBs at 1, 2, and 4. I could see a few trades happening and QBs going 1, 2, 3, and 4/5. Chargers are a prime trade down team IMO. It will depend on how FA goes. It was just announced that the Broncos are releasing Russell Wilson. He will join Tannehill, Cousins, and Minshew as intriguing FA QBs for teams looking for a veteran starter.

But the possibility of 4 QBs going early supports the idea that Ballard probably won’t trade up. Theres going to be some elite player that slips to 15.

did it “almost happen” though? 

50 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

did it “almost happen” though? 

Yes. They didn’t go 1-4, but 3 QBs went in the first 3 picks. Everyone was just way off on Levis. Idk if there’s a Levis this year, in terms of a guy who is going to get projected top 5, but actually go on day 2. Williams, Maye, Daniels, and McCarthy are all better prospects than Levis.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yes. They didn’t go 1-4, but 3 QBs went in the first 3 picks. Everyone was just way off on Levis. Idk if there’s a Levis this year, in terms of a guy who is going to get projected top 5, but actually go on day 2. Williams, Maye, Daniels, and McCarthy are all better prospects than Levis.

first 4 picks… 

that doesn’t mean it almost happened. I don’t see Ballard picking Levis at #4 (regardless of what Jim Irsay said he “thinks”) if the #1 non qb is on the board. They could have traded back, even within the top 10 and still easily landed Levis. I thought it was crazy to think they’d go 1-4 then and I still do. especially in last years draft or this years. Too much talent at the top. all the talk about liking will Levis was smoke and mirrors to detract from their ultimate target. I think that is obvious, and the fact he fell to 33 speaks volumes. 

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ballard likes MOAR Draft picks, not fewer 

Give Me More Cream Cheese GIF by Instacart

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think we stand pat and if Brian Thomas Jr. is there at No.15, just pull the trigger. 

College production - check

RAS - check

Red zone target / Z WR capabilities - check

Yes, seems straightforward if Tomorrow is Draft Day. But, We don't know what drama is gonna happen in next 50 days :jump:

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let's talk about rumors after April 20th...

We all know all the rumors before that are absolutely, definitely false.. why pretend as if they're real talk among GMs? 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:55 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rumors are Colts want Bowers also. They are not going to get him at 15th. Ballard is not going to trade up ever. It's not his thing, he likes trading back for more picks.

7 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Rumors are Colts want Bowers also. They are not going to get him at 15th. Ballard is not going to trade up ever. It's not his thing, he likes trading back for more picks.

Nabers at 4 seems more realistic.  We tagged Pittman and no guarantee he will resign next year.  Question remaining cap space for 2025 depending on how aggressive we are this offseason plus got Paye/Dayo to figure out going forward.  

Assuming if we did move up to 4 we expect to make the playoffs and give up next years RD1.  Would Bowers or Nabers be that difference maker?  Guess can take Bowers and hope to draft Pearsall in RD2 which I do like.  Already dreaming of draft day and still the anticipation of free agency coming first. 

2025 top draft class in R1 has got some players do want badly so not sure like to give up.  Edge Jack Sawyer or Ohio State teammate JT Tuimoloau would be tempting but really want Florida’s Princely Umanmielen.  Starting to see a Florida pattern emerge.  Linebacker Harold Perkins (LSU) fill a void along with Cincinnati’s NT Dontay Corleon. 

5 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Nabers at 4 seems more realistic.  We tagged Pittman and no guarantee he will resign next year.  Question remaining cap space for 2025 depending on how aggressive we are this offseason plus got Paye/Dayo to figure out going forward.  

Assuming if we did move up to 4 we expect to make the playoffs and give up next years RD1.  Would Bowers or Nabers be that difference maker?  Guess can take Bowers and hope to draft Pearsall in RD2 which I do like.  Already dreaming of draft day and still the anticipation of free agency coming first. 

2025 top draft class in R1 has got some players do want badly so not sure like to give up.  Edge Jack Sawyer or Ohio State teammate JT Tuimoloau would be tempting but really want Florida’s Princely Umanmielen.  Starting to see a Florida pattern emerge.  Linebacker Harold Perkins (LSU) fill a void along with Cincinnati’s NT Dontay Corleon. 

Just an fyi in case you want to watch Princely next year, he transferred to Ole Miss.

5 hours ago, EasyE said:

Like I said before, Brian Thomas Jr. is worthy of our No.15 and could be our future CeeDee Lamb, IMO.

• Like 4

On 3/6/2024 at 3:16 AM, OhioColt said:

I trust in Ballard whatever he does. I'm just saying sitting at 15 I don't think Bowers falls that far. Maybe Thomas, he is not a bad option IMO

I also like the idea of favoring nothing but the offense side of the ball. I believe it was Superman had made a post stating the same thing. Anything to make it easier for the new QB (Richardson)

On 3/6/2024 at 8:49 AM, chad72 said:

Like I said before, Brian Thomas Jr. is worthy of our No.15 and could be our future CeeDee Lamb, IMO.

Brian is who I want. I’d like us to address defense in free agency and then go hard on offense in the draft. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, EasyE said:

I trust in Ballard whatever he does. I'm just saying sitting at 15 I don't think Bowers falls that far. Maybe Thomas, he is not a bad option IMO

I also like the idea of favoring nothing but the offense side of the ball. I believe it was Superman had made a post stating the same thing. Anything to make it easier for the new QB (Richardson)

Brown’s David Njoku is another trade option for the Colts, which the Browns might strongly consider especially looking ahead to 2026 and 24M cap hit if he remains a Brown.  However, if the Browns trade away Njoku the Browns are off the hook in 2026.  Njoku definitely be an upgrade over what we have now in-house and still fairly young but mostly experienced compared to the rooks.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was a good point from Jim Nagy. The agent influence is costing these kids money. I understand not doing drills or throwing for QBs, but I don’t get why people wouldn’t want to do athletic testing at the combine.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Thought this was a good point from Jim Nagy. The agent influence is costing these kids money. I understand not doing drills or throwing for QBs, but I don’t get why people wouldn’t want to do athletic testing at the combine.

It’s simple.  Many of them are spoiled tu rds.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Latu should absolutely be in consideration at pick 15

I'm very split on him... He looks so good on tape... so polished with his technique... and despite his testing which is very good(but not elite), he just doesn't look explosive to me...  so I don't know how he will translate to the league?!? 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm very split on him... He looks so good on tape... so polished with his technique... and despite his testing which is very good(but not elite), he just doesn't look explosive to me...  so I don't know how he will translate to the league?!? 

Many of the players with first step explosiveness never learn to play with effort or diverse techniques after that initial burst to win the rep consistently against OL...

I guess, both have uncertainty written all over it, but I usually like personally the guys who have very good explosiveness and excellent pass rush repertoire, they're bound to learn to use their advantages well if their mind is in right place. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think his burst is above average and he wins because he has great technique

45 minutes ago, stitches said:

Of course anything can happen

He had top pass rush performance this year, and he also plays the run better than the other two first. round 1 DEs

IMHO He can start day one and play on 3 downs

Until we get the dynamic pass rusher on this team we will struggle

Another one that I like at DE is Jonah Ellis …… he was great for first 6 games then played hurt for last games

I could see

Round 1 Latu

Round 2 Pierson

OR

Round 1 Brian Thomas

Round 2 Ellis

• Like 1