Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

4 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm very split on him... He looks so good on tape... so polished with his technique... and despite his testing which is very good(but not elite), he just doesn't look explosive to me...  so I don't know how he will translate to the league?!? 

Hey man….

This guy is a good watch on DE in this draft

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stitches said:

Under 4 seconds short shuttle?!?!?!?!? wth?!?!? 

God, if the Chiefs pick up this guy I’ll vomit. 

McConkey isn’t a profile I think Ballard is looking at, but he’s the guy outside the top 3 I feel most certain will have a great NFL career. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

If Ballard wouldn’t even trade up one spot last year for a quarterback,  what makes you think he’d trade up 11 spots this year for wide receiver?!? 

Id say less than a zero percent chance that happens.   

I agree somewhat, but I think the Colts were a lot higher on Richardson than a lot of teams. I think the pick of Richardson was based on the fact that Steichen turned Hurts into a bona fide qb . The drafting of Richardson would have meant a complete over haul to how most  teams run and build their offence. The Colts were starting over. They had a new coach and a guy who was going to build around Richardson's skills sets. Most NFL teams don't take this approach. You are probably right on Ballard, however I think there is a lot of pressure on him to get a play maker with his first pick. Richardson was a total gamble and over drafted at 4 based on what he did in college. A lot of GM's and coaches do not have that luxury and need immediate results. PS. I did love the pick and still do. I think the Colts were pretty confident based on what other teams do in the NFL and felt that Richardson was going to be there at 4.  If they truly felt that Richardson was that high in demand and they didn't want to lose out on him, I truly think they would have traded for the number # 1 pick. They were in a better position to move up than Carolina.  It is probably easier to sit for a guy like Richardson who you want because there maybe only one other team who covets him. Plus it is hard for a team to move up to #3 for a project and sell it to your owner.  If you review the 2023 draft, I have a hard time identifying a team that would have made that move based on their draft position and need for a qb.  There is always a lot of false information that gets thrown around before a draft. However, when you review the teams and how they drafted  it all makes sense. If that corner, wr, DE  or any other premium position/player falls out of the top ten, then  that guy is probably in play for a lot of teams. Therefore the need to get a head of those teams and get that guy.  I really believe we cannot trade out. We need to sit there and pick BPA.

• Like 1

• w87r unfeatured and unpinned this topic