Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Jeremiah's Mock Draft 2.0 for the 2024 NFL draft

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-four-quarterbacks-selected-in-first-eight-picks

Colts get a CB in his mock: 

15. Indianapolis Colts - Nate Wiggins, Clemson · CB · Junior

Wiggins is going to put on a show at the NFL Scouting Combine and might be drafted earlier than this slot. The Colts have proven they value traits, and this Clemson product is the big-time-traits corner in this year’s draft.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

So it seems like that pick will come down to what CB they like. I’ve seen mocks with Arnold, Mitchell, and Wiggins. I’ve ruled Wiggins out because the Colts value corners that can tackle, and he doesn’t seem to want to get involved in tackling. To me the best fit would be Quinyon Mitchell.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Draft Wiggins with Brock, Latu, and DeJean all still on the board?  Really?

I agree. Passsing on Bowers is wild. But he went to the Bengals which tells me DJ forced a pick. Sometimes with mock drafts, people love a player and team fit so much that they have players slip way past what is feasible. People have been clamoring for the Bengals to draft a TE for years so Bowers would be a dream scenario for that crowd that thinks that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Latu has medical concerns. Wiggins is much better than DeJean. I'd rather have Brock Bowers though. That's the pick at 15 if he's there in a shallow TE class.

Arnold, Wiggins, and Mitchell are my top 3 CBs in the draft. I would be happy with any one of them. Bowers at 15 is the right move if he falls. If Adunze falls, then he's the choice, but that's low probability. Other than that, I think we should take Adunze, Bowers, Arnold, Mitchell, Wiggins in that order, depending on who is there at 15.

Maybe if 3 or 4 of them are there at 15, trade down a few spots and get an extra 3rd rounder or so. 

30 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Arnold, Wiggins, and Mitchell are my top 3 CBs in the draft. I would be happy with any one of them. Bowers at 15 is the right move if he falls. If Adunze falls, then he's the choice, but that's low probability. Other than that, I think we should take Adunze, Bowers, Arnold, Mitchell, Wiggins in that order, depending on who is there at 15.

Maybe if 3 or 4 of them are there at 15, trade down a few spots and get an extra 3rd rounder or so. 

Jared, I rely on you for viable alternatives to what I already think.  You make me reconsider my own conclusions on a regular basis.  Keep it up, my friend!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

FWIW:

I wouldn’t read too much into it.  DJ confessed that he thinks there’s almost no chance Brockers falls all the way to Cincy.  But he said he did it because it’s something he himself would like to see happen.  

The encouraging take away is that there are going to be a good number of really good players available at 15, and even beyond if the Colts wish to trade down. 

I view that as win-win.   The Colts will have options.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Most of these mocks lately are all an exercise to get Bowers to the team to which they think he should go. It's pointless.

I can't stand mock drafts, especially when my team is in the middle of the first round.

It’s a combination of people forcing picks because they love the fit and dream scenario and the need to get a TE to the teams they have been clamoring to draft a TE. Last year Musgrave, Myer, and Kincaid were popular picks to the Bengals. For whatever reason, draft analysts are way higher on TEs than the league is, and are obsessed with teams needing to get a TE to round out their receiver rooms. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jeremiah released his 3d mock draft and in this one he has trades... 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-3-0

15 Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell

Toledo · CB · Senior

I’ll always look to connect the Colts to toolsy prospects. Mitchell ran a 4.33-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine and he was phenomenal at the Senior Bowl.

Some notables:

- 4 QBs go in the first 4 picks. Minnesota trade up to 4 for McCarthy. @NFLfan how would you feel about that?

- Jets trade up to 5 for MHJ. If that pick is available maybe the Colts hould be trying to get it. 

- Joe Alt OT1 at 7 to TEN

- Dallas Turner DE1 at 8 to ATL

- Odunze drops to 9.

- Brock Bowers to DEN at 12.

- Pennix goes 13 to the Raiders

- Colts get their pick of CB and pick Quinyon Mitchell

- Byron Murphy drops to 27

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

'Meh'Carthy :D

I agree, I call him McCarron lmao . He had a such a great O.Line and great running game at Michigan + great Coaching, he wasn't going to lose if he didn't screw it up. I am not big on Caleb Williams either, but he would be the pick at #1 just based on his talent. Bears are almost forced to take him now because of pressure by their fanbase and trading Fields.

Here are the QBs better than McCarthy coming out IMO:

Williams

Daniels

Maye

Penix

Nix

-that is 5 right there off the top of my head. McCarthy is 6th and is more like a 2nd or 3rd Round pick to me.

• Like 1

My Top 15 Mock: I will take a shot at this for craps and giggles,

1. (Bears) Caleb Williams - QB

2. (Commanders) Jayden Daniels - QB

3. (Patriots) Drake Maye - QB

4. (Cardinals) Marvin Harrison Jr - WR

5. (Chargers) Malik Nabers - WR

6. (Giants) Michael Penix Jr - QB, this should be the pick.

7. (Titans) Joe Alt - OT

8. (Falcons) Dallas Turner - Edge

9. (Bears) Rome Odunze - WR

10. (Jets) Brian Thomas - WR

11. (Vikings) Bo Nix - QB

12. (Broncos) Jared Verse - Edge

13. (Raiders) Quinyon Mitchell - CB

14. (Saints) Olumuyiwa Fashuna - OT

15. (Colts) Brock Bowers - TE

Based on the hype, JJ McCarthy could go as high as 6th to the Giants. He isn't better than Penix Jr or Nix though IMO. Broncos could take a QB as well but they need major Edge help. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Jeremiah released his 3d mock draft and in this one he has trades... 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-3-0

Some notables:

- 4 QBs go in the first 4 picks. Minnesota trade up to 4 for McCarthy. @NFLfan how would you feel about that?

- Jets trade up to 5 for MHJ. If that pick is available maybe the Colts hould be trying to get it. 

- Joe Alt OT1 at 7 to TEN

- Dallas Turner DE1 at 8 to ATL

- Odunze drops to 9.

- Brock Bowers to DEN at 12.

- Pennix goes 13 to the Raiders

- Colts get their pick of CB and pick Quinyon Mitchell

- Byron Murphy drops to 27

I have never been so torn. I don't know who I want. I like Daniels. There was a time I liked Maye. People are very high on McCarthy. I don't know. I would prefer staying at 11 and 23 and see what we get there.

The one thing I really want is to trade Justin Jefferson. A Giants fan said he would give #6, their 2nd round pick and #1 next year. I would take that in a heartbeat. Then we could draft a QB at 6 or move up for Daniels or draft Nabers. JJ is great but not at $30+million per year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Giants) Michael Penix Jr - QB, this should be the pick.

No way Giants make that pick. I think in that case with the remaining players, they would pick Odunze. He acts like a Giant.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I have never been so torn. I don't know who I want. I like Daniels. There was a time I liked Maye. People are very high on McCarthy. I don't know. I would prefer staying at 11 and 23 and see what we get there.

The one thing I really want is to trade Justin Jefferson. A Giants fan said he would give #6, their 2nd round pick and #1 next year. I would take that in a heartbeat. Then we could draft a QB at 6 or move up for Daniels or draft Nabers. JJ is great but not at $30+million per year.

Do you think the Cardinals or Chargers would give you guys 4 or 5 for Jettas and a 1st?

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Do you think the Cardinals or Chargers would give you guys 4 or 5 for Jettas and a 1st?

I doubt it. They can draft Nabers or Odunze and won't have to pay them $30million per year.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I call him McCarron lmao . He had a such a great O.Line and great running game at Michigan + great Coaching, he wasn't going to lose if he didn't screw it up. I am not big on Caleb Williams either, but he would be the pick at #1 just based on his talent. Bears are almost forced to take him now because of pressure by their fanbase and trading Fields.

Here are the QBs better than McCarthy coming out IMO:

Williams

Daniels

Maye

Penix

Nix

-that is 5 right there off the top of my head. McCarthy is 6th and is more like a 2nd or 3rd Round pick to me.

I feel there's so much undue hype for all QBs starting from Williams, I'm not sure if anyone is going to win it all or survive as3q starter for a decade. Daniels' slender frame coupled with his reliance on run game concerns me.

I may like Penix for Vikings. But I do need to watch extensively the QBs though so may end up liking someone, however don't want Vikings to draft for the need. If they are uncertain about these QBs, I'd be fine with Darnold while building the team with those 2 1st round picks. 

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

No way Giants make that pick. I think in that case with the remaining players, they would pick Odunze. He acts like a Giant.

If they think they are winning anything with Jones at QB, that's comical. I also said they should take a QB, I didn't say they will. Penix would be the guy if so. My Mock is pretty close to most of the experts. My top 5 is Mel Kipers top 5. I don't get the love for J.J McCarthy at all. He has A.J. McCarron or Mac Jones wrote all over him. If Penix had played for Michigan, they would have won every game by 20 or more points. It would not of been fair.

• Like 1