Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY says Luck would’ve come back?

ArmchairQB

Some of you just dont know the indy violence scene yet are still commenting.

Any large event during nice weather these days makes something bad likely to happen.  Just happened for the nba all star weekend and there was no reason for locals to even be mad about that.

Botching Lucks retirement announcement with a stadium full of drunks on a warm Saturday night is enough to do it these days unfortunately.  

Everyone got hung up on the word "riot" yet when i said shooting the mods got mad.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Any large event during nice weather these days makes something bad likely to happen.  Just happened for the nba all star weekend and there was no reason for locals to even be mad about that.

Botching Lucks retirement announcement with a stadium full of drunks on a warm Saturday night is enough to do it these days unfortunately.  

Everyone got hung up on the word "riot" yet when i said shooting the mods got mad.  

I agree, some don't get it, I work in Security in a pretty good neighborhood. I have a fairly easy job watching over buildings, making good money and I even get disturbances and hear gun shots at times. The crap that goes on downtown in Indianapolis now days is downright dangerous. All the shootings and nonsense that goes on.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 4:14 PM, ArmchairQB said:

On a recent episode of the Trenches Podcast TY Hilton seems to indicate Luck would’ve come back had Colts fans not booed him off the field.  

I think he meant if Luck had returned in 2019, the Colts were poised to win it all which I don't agree with. I think they still needed quite a bit to win it all.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

No offense dude, but you’re talking about now vs 2019, which while still violent in Indy, wasn’t prone to large scale riots that we’ve seen since. And I really don’t think it would trigger one today. As violent as Indy has become, it’s not on a hair trigger riot wise. Not like Minneapolis or Philly or even Louisville. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, some don't get it, I work in Security in a pretty good neighborhood. I have a fairly easy job watching over buildings, making good money and I even get disturbances and hear gun shots at times. The crap that goes on downtown in Indianapolis now days is downright dangerous. All the shootings and nonsense that goes on.

Yep. If you’re in downtown, get out of there by nightfall. Last time I was in Indy was for a pacers game last year. It ended about 10p or so, while we were leaving, gun shots bout two or three blocks up from the field house. Cops, ambulances all went screaming by. Luckily we stayed at the hotel across the street from the field house so our walk was short. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep. If you’re in downtown, get out of there by nightfall. Last time I was in Indy was for a pacers game last year. It ended about 10p or so, while we were leaving, gun shots bout two or three blocks up from the field house. Cops, ambulances all went screaming by. Luckily we stayed at the hotel across the street from the field house so our walk was short. 

Luckily I don't work downtown. We have a site that is downtown and my company wanted me to go there. Nobody wants to work there, they tried asking me. I said who do i look like Sly Stallone in Cobra. I told them, let me carry, get me a bullet proof vest, and then I will think about it. chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No offense dude, but you’re talking about now vs 2019, which while still violent in Indy, wasn’t prone to large scale riots that we’ve seen since. And I really don’t think it would trigger one today. As violent as Indy has become, it’s not on a hair trigger riot wise. Not like Minneapolis or Philly or even Louisville. 

It would be cool to work in security in downtown St Louis or Downtown Memphis or in Gary, Indiana lol.Falls Homer Simpson GIF

Off topic but does anyone listen to Bowen and Sweeney in the morning? Sweeney gets on my nerves to the point I can't listen to that show anymore. He never has anything positive to say about any of the Indiana teams, he yells in excitement about everything that is negative about our teams, who hired this Clown? He does it with the Pacers and Colts a lot. I miss QUERY. QUERY was a lot better.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:07 PM, King Colt said:

Players don't consider fans in their personal lives and that is as it should be. 

I actually agree with this.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

This is exactly what I came here to say.  Dude is acting like this all happened last week.  It happened mid 2019, BEFORE the pandemic brought out the insanity of 85% of the population.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always have looked at it like the fans were booing the announcement of Luck retiring.   Not booing Luck.

I mean really... what was the other option?  Does anyone think or expect that an unexpected, last minute, announcement of your young franchise QB retiring to get cheers from the crowd???

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 12:26 AM, KB said:

I like Luck, but once he made the decision to retire right before the season, there was no coming back. You let the whole team and city down right before the start of the season. Once you make a decision that big you have to stick to it. Don't flip flop and don't say you didn't come back because you got boo'd. Be a man and stand next to the choice you made.

He made the right decision for him, and why should he play more, when his body couldn't take more punishment?

He gave more to the colts than most other players, and to say that he owes the colts and the city anything... stop it.

If anything, the colts owe Luck a lot, as the frontoffice destroyed his career.  

On 2/22/2024 at 5:15 AM, csmopar said:

Dang. Has it really gotten that bad? I worked half a block from the Fieldhouse, but I moved in 2016. I worked until 1am many nights and never really felt unsafe.

9 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

Dang. Has it really gotten that bad? I worked half a block from the Fieldhouse, but I moved in 2016. I worked until 1am many nights and never really felt unsafe.

Yeah. And even worse. If you have to go downtown, get out by 10p at the latest. 

On 2/10/2024 at 4:17 PM, MacDee1975 said:

Luck has no character whatsoever and deserved to be boo'd off the field.

He should be blacklisted from all things Colts for life.

Yep. Should be banned from all team activities and property for life.

If Luck was an average QB he may have stuck it out. He has made his money, he is very intelligent and he has a great future work wise. Why play another play especially when he had a major injury and an OL that was pathetic for several reasons. 

Screw the fans they don't count in these matters.

I’m hopeful one day the Luck debates on here can end. I loved the guy and don’t blame him for retiring, and I understand why others may think the complete opposite, but it’s all water under the bridge now either way.

Johnny Unitas , Bert Jones , Jim Harbough , Peyton Manning , Andrew Luck .  I have had the pleasure of meeting these men on and off the field. The bar has always been set pretty high when it comes to playing quarterback for the Colts. Since Luck's

retirement getting excited about who is next up has been lack luster at best. I'm getting too old to  hold out hope for another great signal caller. You only catch lightning in a bottle so many times in a lifetime.

People say the game is changing, the quarterback has to be a runner. Yes the game has changed. The defenders are over 300 pounds and can and will run you down in a foot race. Pocket passers have long careers for the most part. Running Qb's

average less than 5 good years at best. Bert Jones and Andrew Luck were tough guys but paid the price.