Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff football this weekend (Divisional Round)

Arodgers12

Who are you pulling for?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Texans @ Ravens

2. 2. Packers @ 49ers

3. 3. Bucs @ Lions

4. 4. Chiefs @ Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol you shouldn't seen the bills vs pats when bills weren't good.. sex toys were thrown at tom and gronk 🤣😂

Serious? Sex toys?  I go to games and I have never seen any of that. I have been to games in NJ (Giants and Jets), MN, D.C., and Atlanta. I have never had a problem.

• Like 1

Still, ONLY 1 TEAM has scored 27 points against the Chiefs, Packers on SNF. Ravens should not be wanting a shootout, they have to limit Mahomes to 24 or less because they have not lost a game where they scored more than 24.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Serious? Sex toys?  I go to games and I have never seen any of that. I have been to games in NJ (Giants and Jets), MN, D.C., and Atlanta. I have never had a problem.

It's on YouTube. 🤣

Just now, jemack said:

I think, back in the 70s it was a Buffalo fan that threw a snow ball and hit Chuck Foreman in the eye... Some things never change...

Oh yeah. That was well before I started watching football.

1 minute ago, jemack said:

It's on YouTube. 🤣

I don't think I want to watch it. Lol.

10 minutes ago, #12. said:

This is the playoff game that Manning did beat the Pats in '06.  Manning won the 3rd one.  After 3 playoff games, it was 2-1 Brady, and Manning finished with a winning postseason record vs. Brady/Belichick.

Talking early in his career. He actually got the better of Brady as their career went on.

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Can the Bills recover from this? They got Mahomes at home and we’re moving the ball well and suddenly the curse struck 

Don’t be surprised if McDermott is fired.  He wouldn’t be the first fired for losing a playoff game.  This was supposed to be their year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t be surprised if McDermott is fired.  He wouldn’t be the first fired for losing a playoff game.  This was supposed to be their year.

He even got bailed out after that silly fake punt call. I think he is done. Bills got 2 huge breaks in the game, where the Chiefs fumbled out of the endzone and Allen fumbled but the Chiefs goofed and couldn't recover. Bills still couldn't beat the Chiefs.

• Like 4

Just now, richard pallo said:

I think it's time for a change there.  They need an offensive minded coach who can get some help with offensive structure for Alllen. Also for being a defensive coach, their defense has let them down a lot in these matchups with KC (although I do realize they were beat up on defense going into this game)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not to mention he is completely incapable of looking inward and consistently throws everyone else under the bus.  A loser mentality.  

1 minute ago, SR711 said:

I think it's time for a change there.  They need an offensive minded coach who can get some help with offensive structure for Alllen. Also for being a defensive coach, their defense has let them down a lot in these matchups with KC (although I do realize they were beat up on defense going into this game)

You hit the nail on the head.  They need an offensive minded coach.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Speaking of those - I went to CVS today - they had those on the shelf in the same aisle as the stuff for constipation.  Go figure.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There are way to many HC Jobs open. It wouldn’t be smart to change this year. Too much competition for the best coaches. They had a lot of injuries too.

Nothing out of the ordinary, it happens periodically. But on the contrary, unlike other years, there are more quality HC candidates available this year than years past with Belichick, Vrabel, Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh and young and upcoming coaches like Ben Johnson etc. This kind of star studded coaches available in one off season doesn't happen too often. Thus, IT IS THE RIGHT YEAR for the Bills to move in a different direction. Give Jim Harbaugh Josh Allen and see how good the Bills can become.

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts beat KC last year and they won Super Bowl, they beat Ravens this year and they also will win Super Bowl. Trend or just an anomaly ? We will find out next year. 

With how often we bear ourselves we should be looking like New England and Pittsburgh.

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There are way to many HC Jobs open. It wouldn’t be smart to change this year. Too much competition for the best coaches. They had a lot of injuries too.

They fire McDermott the Bills job would become the most desirable.  I think they would jump to the top.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They fire McDermott the Bills job would become the most desirable.  I think they would jump to the top.

Give Jim Harbaugh Josh Allen, and the Bills will learn how to win and close games out. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Not to mention he is completely incapable of looking inward and consistently throws everyone else under the bus.  A loser mentality.  

I don't think that's the case.

Whom did McDermott throw under the bus?

He fired OC Ken Dorsey, and after that team went on to beat Chiefs, Dolphins to finish 6-1 with a close loss to Eagles.

After the OC was fired, Bills offense actually got balanced with more run game. He did the decisions that made them better. Was that his mistake?

I think he's fine as HC, close losses in divisional round with injured roster isn't a bad problem.

New coach would end up doing worse. 

10 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

He fired OC Ken Dorsey, and after that team went on to beat Chiefs, Dolphins to finish 6-1 with a close loss to Eagles.

After the OC was fired, Bills offense actually got balanced with more run game. He did the decisions that made them better. Was that his mistake?

I think he's fine as HC, close losses in divisional round with injured roster isn't a bad problem.

Nope, gashed for 171 and 148 yards on the ground with their overpaid DL that is not being coached right at home in the 2 divisional round losses. It would be like John Elway firing John Fox after losing to the Colts in 2014 in the divisional round. It will be the right move if they pair Josh Allen with a guy like Jim Harbaugh, who hands down, WILL do a better job than Sean McDermott, IMO.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Nothing out of the ordinary, it happens periodically. But on the contrary, unlike other years, there are more quality HC candidates available this year than years past with Belichick, Vrabel, Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh and young and upcoming coaches like Ben Johnson etc. This kind of star studded coaches available in one off season doesn't happen too often. Thus, IT IS THE RIGHT YEAR for the Bills to move in a different direction. Give Jim Harbaugh Josh Allen and see how good the Bills can become.

That is a valid point too, you seldom get proven coaches available, and someone like Ben Johnson is very intriguing.

Bills ownership should give it a thought, I'm sure many owners think that way. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Nope, gashed for 171 and 148 yards on the ground with their overpaid DL that is not being coached right at home in the 2 divisional round losses. It would be like John Elway firing John Fox after losing to the Colts in 2014 in the divisional round. It will be the right move if they pair Josh Allen with a guy like Jim Harbaugh, who hands down, WILL do a better job than Sean McDermott, IMO.

True, Bills defense has been a let down, injuries or not, in big games.

One good thing is, Allen is doing fantastic overall, but the passing game needs to be up a notch and if the new coach could give that boost, and defense is more consistent, they may stand a better chance against Elite teams. 

17 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think Frazier left because of McDermott. The defense was better with Frazier as DC and McDermott focusing on being head coach.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm very happy for Lions fans and the Lions organization.

Hopefully the Vikes will start winning while I am still able to appreciate it.

The Vikings are my favorite NFC North team after the Lions.

I want good things for you guys.

Just remember, there are no shortcuts. A year of pain to clean up the books and get the roster younger is a good way forward. Teams that make compromises in the present to stay "competitive" end up with a low ceiling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Well to be fair I’m basing it partially on the Tyler Dunne op ed that was done on him as I have not been in those locker rooms myself.  I’m usually not big on buying into this type of propaganda but in this case the show seems to fit.  It’s information that apparently came from inside the building anonymously. 

He defended it as a slander piece but what I found most striking was none of his people came out in his defense. 

I’ll have to go back and look specifically but I recall some people around the Bills organization saying that the wrong guy was fired when he let Dorsey go.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I think Frazier left because of McDermott. The defense was better with Frazier as DC and McDermott focusing on being head coach.

Actually, this year defense was better than last year of Frazier there. They started worse as Allen was firing bad throws and interceptions. Apart from this 4th quarter, they've been doing okay.

What I don't like is players on defense are not elite, letting Edmunds go was a mistake and von Miller doesn't do much when needed. They need to heavily invest in defense in the draft, and younger free agents who have potential. Their strategy of big name free agents on defensive side only helps so much. I hope they get a great edge rusher in round 1, and get secondary help or a good run stuffer in the middle. 

Allen and offense can win, if their defense can help in big games. Getting a great offensive minded head coach will help the offense, but defense will still remain a problem when needed. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

You hit the nail on the head.  They need an offensive minded coach.

They need an every down running back.  They need to limit the amount of times Allen throws and runs.  I can see them going after Derrick Henry.  

regarding their offense, they have the tools (even though they were without gabe tonight), but it’s not as good as it should be.  They do need an offensive minded coach badly.

and as others have said, their defense should be better also.  

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for reminding me of this I recall hearing that Frazier was the scapegoat before Dorsey.  

• Like 1