Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff football this weekend (Divisional Round)

Arodgers12

Who are you pulling for?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Texans @ Ravens

2. 2. Packers @ 49ers

3. 3. Bucs @ Lions

4. 4. Chiefs @ Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Thanks for reminding me of this I recall hearing that Frazier was the scapegoat before Dorsey.  

So, any coach who gets fired is a scapegoat?

Yet, they're competing well until divisional round?

The truth is we don't know what goes on in Bills organization. 

2 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

Well to be fair I’m basing it partially on the Tyler Dunne op ed that was done on him as I have not been in those locker rooms myself.  I’m usually not big on buying into this type of propaganda but in this case the show seems to fit.  It’s information that apparently came from inside the building anonymously. 

He defended it as a slander piece but what I found most striking was none of his people came out in his defense. 

I’ll have to go back and look specifically but I recall some people around the Bills organization saying that the wrong guy was fired when he let Dorsey go.  

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-tyler-dunne-blames-sean-mcdermott-bills-infamous-meltdown-chiefs-2021-scapegoating-leslie-frazier-incompetence

I don't know who Tyler Dunne is. Is he a broadcaster in Western NY?

50 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Tyler Dunne used to be media.   He covered the bills for a number of years.  Apparently he doesn’t like the Bills head coach Sean McDermott.   

Dunne is no longer conventional media.   He does not have a NFL credential from any team.   But he writes about football, the Bills and the Packers primarily.  (he lives in Wisconsin).    From what I’ve read, he’s very good at what he used to do.   What he’s doing now requires a subscription.   He’s monetized his coverage of the NFL.   Good for him.   Thats what I’ve been able to come up with. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He says "several players" said that head coach was to be blamed, not sure if that's true. Players usually don't speak up like that against the standing head coach. When the coach is fired, or when the locker room is totally in shambles, they may speak out. But, not against the coach for all these years while still working with him every day, and if that's the way it is, the team wouldn't have gone from (6-6 at the time of this article) to divisional round loss.

Coordinators getting fired happens, head coach may have been safe for that moment while replacing coordinators, transferring some of the blame on them. All of these happen with most head coaches.

Article says head coach is reason behind Allen's regression. After 6-6 and firing OC, Allen did play exceedingly well until this 4th quarter loss. That doesn't seem to be regression.

Bills owners might think McDermott has had enough time and change head coach, and that may or may not work out. They may allow him to come back next year too.

But, what Tyler Dunne says is safe to be thrown in trash. 

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are not firing their coach. Not with all the injuries they had. They have to get another WR to go with Diggs if they keep him. Then get healthy on defense.

i don't know.  That fake punt looked like a call from a desperate coach who desperately needed a win at home.  The score could have been much more lopsided too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

He says "several players" said that head coach was to be blamed, not sure if that's true. Players usually don't speak up like that against the standing head coach. When the coach is fired, or when the locker room is totally in shambles, they may speak out. But, not against the coach for all these years while still working with him every day, and if that's the way it is, the team wouldn't have gone from (6-6 at the time of this article) to divisional round loss.

Coordinators getting fired happens, head coach may have been safe for that moment while replacing coordinators, transferring some of the blame on them. All of these happen with most head coaches.

Article says head coach is reason behind Allen's regression. After 6-6 and firing OC, Allen did play exceedingly well until this 4th quarter loss. That doesn't seem to be regression.

Bills owners might think McDermott has had enough time and change head coach, and that may or may not work out. They may allow him to come back next year too.

But, what Tyler Dunne says is safe to be thrown in trash. 

In the hour long local post game show the reporters, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse  were visibly angry at the outcome and had no problem pointing some fingers at McDermott.  They have always been in his corner in the past. 

I had to get up early today, so I missed the second half of the Bills game last night.

I woke up this morning disappointed that they didn't knock Taylor Swift out of the playoffs...

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tyler Dunne used to be media.   He covered the bills for a number of years.  Apparently he doesn’t like the Bills head coach Sean McDermott.   

Dunne is no longer conventional media.   He does not have a NFL credential from any team.   But he writes about football, the Bills and the Packers primarily.  (he lives in Wisconsin).    From what I’ve read, he’s very good at what he used to do.   What he’s doing now requires a subscription.   He’s monetized his coverage of the NFL.   Good for him.   Thats what I’ve been able to come up with. 

He has made multiple claims that his sources were confidential internal to the organization and numbered around 25.  Again I typically don’t buy this type of stuff but found it striking that no one came out in his defense except him.  

@VikingsFanInChennaiHe was also on Colin Cowherd talking about this.  Cowherd can have a contrarian bend to him sometimes as well but I would not say a guy that has been on his show is some obscure entity that should be ignored.  

27 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

He has made multiple claims that his sources were confidential internal to the organization and numbered around 25.  Again I typically don’t buy this type of stuff but found it striking that no one came out in his defense except him.  

@VikingsFanInChennaiHe was also on Colin Cowherd talking about this.  Cowherd can have a contrarian bend to him sometimes as well but I would not say a guy that has been on his show is some obscure entity that should be ignored.  

Please notice, I didn’t say anything bad about Tyler.   Nothing.   I have no real issues with him though I do like Mc Dermott.   I read good things about him and tried to convey that. 

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Please notice, I didn’t say anything bad about Tyler.   Nothing.   I have no real issues with him though I do like Mc Dermott.   I read good things about him and tried to convey that. 

I know I wasn’t thinking that.  I think it was more just me defending my initial position as its admittedly a bit subjective.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't know what to make of that? Could someone actually make that big of an Error? or do they know something we don't.

What is that? When I posted the link, that picture was not there. I wonder how it got there. Weird.

• NFLfan unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, King Colt said:

Per Boomer Esiason this morning on CBS Sports Purdy makes $870,000 while Mahomes makes $51,000,000.

That type of information is available 24/7/365 from both Spotrac.com and 

OverTheCap.com

Best of all, I believe all their info is free.   Open to all who are curious. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Everyone who wants to know this,  knows this

I don't think it ever ocurred to me to look up or know what any of them make.  It doesn't matter to me or affect me in any way shape or form.

But now that  I know.....

My thoughts are Mahomes has earned it and I'm guessing Purdy's pay is about to change.   

16 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I don't think it ever ocurred to me to look up or know what any of them make.  It doesn't matter to me or affect me in any way shape or form.

But now that  I know.....

My thoughts are Mahomes has earned it and I'm guessing Purdy's pay is about to change.   

I have been great at picking games all season but was wrong on both Championship games yesterday, having said that, I just can't picture Mahomes and Reid losing to Purdy and Shannahan. I guess it could happen but highly unlikely considering KC's Defense is also playing good. Surprisingly the opening betting line has the 49ers favored by 1 point. I figured KC would be favored by at least an FG (3). 

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I'm guessing that's gonna change soon.

I think SF can extend Purdy after his third season of his 4-year rookie contract.   So, after next year.   Purdy will likely get a nice signing bonus to out some cash into his pocket ASAP.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That type of information is available 24/7/365 from both Spotrac.com and 

OverTheCap.com

Best of all, I believe all their info is free.   Open to all who are curious. 

It's easier to watch Boomer & Gio in the morning and the source is reliable.

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

It's easier to watch Boomer & Gio in the morning and the source is reliable.

I understand.   I wasn’t suggesting you pick the websites over Boomer and Gio in the morning.    I’m just saying the websites are available every hour of every day if you’re ever curious and you want the info then.   

Honestly, that’s all.