Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CJ Stroud

King Colt

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great win yesterday by the way. If you guys beat the Ravens (assuming you play them), I will be really impressed and call your season a very good one at that point. I am fair about things as you know.

If the Steelers beat the Bills, the Texans will face the Chiefs instead. Just noting there are two possible outcomes.

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned that in your post. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

If the Steelers beat the Bills, the Texans will face the Chiefs instead. Just noting there are two possible outcomes.

If the Texans beat the Chiefs, I will still say the Texans at that point has had a very good season. Chiefs and Ravens to me are pretty even. Texans need to play perfect to win, can't Turn it over, and try and control the clock.

10 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm a Braves fan in baseball, and I remember in 2021 the Braves had the worst record of any team in baseball that made the playoffs and they won the World Series. Anything can happen. Of course the next 2 years we have the best record in baseball and lose to the Phillies in the divisional round both years. Sports are weird in the playoffs. You have a shot. Enjoy the moment!

True, true…once you’re in anything can happen. That’s what’s great about playoff baseball and football, I lament that the NBA tends to be so predictable on that note though 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah for sure. I still haven't recovered from the loss yet. I still refuse to watch Chris Ballard's press conference right now.

You didn't miss much. 1 thing he did say is, he has money to work with AR being under rookie contract. So maybe he will make more offseason moves which will please many in here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great win yesterday by the way. If you guys beat the Ravens (assuming you play them), I will be really impressed and call your season a very good one at that point. I am fair about things as you know.

Yep, it’s either Ravens or Chiefs…Man if we’re able to pull off a win against either and punch a ticket to the AFCCG for the first time, I will get a Stroud or Meco tattoo 😂 And I’m not saying where! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

Yep, it’s either Ravens or Chiefs…Man if we’re able to pull off a win against either and punch a ticket to the AFCCG for the first time, I will get a Stroud or Meco tattoo 😂 And I’m not saying where! 

Yeah, that would be a great accomplishment for your team. When the Colts had Peyton and Luck, I felt like if we didn't make at least the AFC Title Game it was disappointing. Stroud and Ryans gives your team hope at least. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You didn't miss much. 1 thing he did say is, he has money to work with AR being under rookie contract. So maybe he will make more offseason moves which will please many in here. 

Those rookie QB contracts really are great…San Francisco in particular is living the good life paying Purdy essentially chump change for the impact he’s having. 

• Like 2

Just now, Qwiz said:

Those rookie QB contracts really are great…San Francisco in particular is living the good life paying Purdy essentially chump change for the impact he’s having. 

I agree, the Colts and Texans both need to take advantage of it. If they do it right both teams will be good for the next 2-4 years at worse.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Remember, C.J. Stroud lost to Bryce Young and the Panthers earlier in the season. He will have good games and bad. Yesterday was impressive, and he made a case for OROY. I think Stroud can do well in the Divisional round but the game could be closer. Not every one will be a shootout. 

I’ll be looking forward to the rematch :thmup:

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is amazing what 1 play does. We get a 4th and 1 and whole narrative is 100% different. Oh well, that is football. 

One play can change everything in the NFL.

A bad One like Minshews 4th and 1 miss, ended the colts season and it very well could be the one play that kickstarted a Texans team that not only made the playoffs, but went on to win a game in CJ Strouds first playoff game and season.

So yes, one play can change the narrative 100%.

Big ben not making the tackle in the playoff game against the colts, would have changed a lot for the colts and Manning.

Vinatieri missing a kick in the snow vs. the Raiders. 

etc. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

I see you and other "fans" that cannot accept any positive comments about other players and or teams do when your teams can't get the job done. How many teams are there in the NFL and of those teams are there ANY good players or are you just tired of losing? But then how can your team ever lose a single game when all the owners, GMs, coaches, staff members and players are the best in the league? 

Aunt Marg Avatar.jpg

troll trolling GIF

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your first sentence, plenty of people can accept it. Problem is, usually when people boast and prop up someone from another team, they bash our team or players. People can say Stroud is great all they want but leave the Colts and AR out of it and everything would be fine. Most don't, most throw AR and our GM under the bus at the same time. On a Colts website, Homey don't play that Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

While it is a Colts website it contains a section titled "NFL GENERAL" with the instructions reading, " If it's NFL and it's NOT COLTS, it goes here." I see every year criticisms of the Colts that are at best unwarranted hot air.  To refuse to acknowledge excellence where it is deserved on other teams is just plain stupidity. 

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

While it is a Colts website it contains a section titled "NFL GENERAL" with the instructions reading, " If it's NFL and it's NOT COLTS, it goes here." I see every year criticisms of the Colts that are at best unwarranted hot air.  To refuse to acknowledge excellence where it is deserved on other teams is just plain stupidity. 

No one likes you because you use this colts forum to tell us the texans are good.  You may not be breaking rules but no one likes you or your posts and we are allowed to tell you that too

We call you a troll because you use this board to say hey look Houston is better than you guys.  A smart person would realize you are going to get a lot of push back and people not liking you for posting this tbh 

You can post it but we are also going to push back and ask you to stop.  Go post it on the texans page

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

No one likes you because you use this colts forum to tell us the texans are good.  You may not be breaking rules but no one likes you or your posts and we are allowed to tell you that too

We call you a troll because you use this board to say hey look Houston is better than you guys.  A smart person would realize you are going to get a lot of push back and people not liking you for posting this tbh 

You can post it but we are also going to push back and ask you to stop.  Go post it on the texans page

You are not very bright

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

Like I said, I am perfectly fine if someone wants to say Stroud is good or great. He is good and deserves ROY. So I don't disagree, but it is the people in the same post that bash Ballard or AR is where it becomes trolling. You or nobody knows how good AR may be. He could end up like Lamar Jackson and make a lot of people look like fools. 

• Like 1

Stroud is good. But So was Deshaun Watson with the Texans, I remember thinking this dude needs to leave our division cuz it's gonna suck playing him twice a year.. that lasted 4 seasons..

Almost the same type of hype from both of these players. Hopefully CJ doesn't enjoy massages

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Stroud is good. But So was Deshaun Watson with the Texans, I remember thinking this dude needs to leave our division cuz it's gonna suck playing him twice a year.. that lasted 4 seasons..

Almost the same type of hype from both of these players. Hopefully CJ doesn't enjoy massages

CJ is a better passer than Watson was at this moment and his career, also they don’t have a GM who will trade their best playmaker (Hopkins) for some expired cheese and used straws.

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

CJ is a better passer than Watson was at this moment and his career, also they don’t have a GM who will trade their best playmaker (Hopkins) for some expired cheese and used straws.

Watson was a great passer his rookie season.   He had 19 tds in 6 games

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Watson could run better so it evens out. Watson was actually a good passer as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Watson was a great passer his rookie season.   He had 19 tds in 6 games

He had good production, and his talent was obvious. But from the ground up, he was awkward and fundamentally flawed as a passer. He got better in some areas, but he still has some of the same issues with fundamentals.

CJ Stroud is much more fundamentally sound, more disciplined, better from the pocket, he's a quicker decision maker, I think he's more accurate to all levels of the field, and his arm is almost as good. He's not as athletic and fast, and he probably can't make crazy throws 50 yards downfield while he's scrambling the way Watson could, but we just saw him make a pretty good throw on the run against us.

I'd agree that Stroud is a better passer, all things considered. He's already displaying a mastery of some of the things that Watson never improved on.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I said, I am perfectly fine if someone wants to say Stroud is good or great. He is good and deserves ROY. So I don't disagree, but it is the people in the same post that bash Ballard or AR is where it becomes trolling. You or nobody knows how good AR may be. He could end up like Lamar Jackson and make a lot of people look like fools. 

Or he could wind up an injury plagued player that is gone after missing too many games or even a disappointment in general. Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Or he could wind up an injury plagued player that is gone after missing too many games or even a disappointment in general. Time will tell.

He very well might, then again Stroud could get a season ending injury next season by simply getting sacked in the pocket. Burrow has already had it happened twice (this season) and it happened when he was a rookie. Point is, not sure why anyone would right off AR already. Oh, I do get it though, it is because the people doing so didn't want him in the 1st place. More than likely, they wanted Levis who played in 9 games and had only 1 great game and also got put out for the year due to injury, missing his last 3 games. Pretty easy to read people :thmup:

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

That could be said about every player in the league

On 1/14/2024 at 5:49 AM, ThorstenDenmark said:

AR is better than Stroud to what exactly? 

Im afraid Stroud is the real deal, and that he will only get better next season and going forward Texans will dominate the AFC South.

Anthony Richardson har shown flashes of his potential, but so far he´s been a bust. And yes, that's due to injury, but he needs to play to help us.

This Texans team could very well go through to the AFC Championship game, and honestly, their setup with a great young coach in DeMeco and a franchise QB in Stroud, a solid D# and lot's of cap space, they will be a huge factor in the AFC going forward.

Again, we honestly don't know what we have in AR.

What we do know, is that Stroud has just as many playoff wins as Ballard and the colts have since Ballard came to the colts.

I hate it, but I agree with all of this 

On 1/17/2024 at 4:06 AM, lollygagger8 said:

I hate it, but I agree with all of this 

Meh. I think a lot of it is overly sensational (like calling Richardson a bust, which is head shaking to me). However, it's true that the Texans are in really good position.

But that's a good thing, IMO. I don't want to be in a cupcake division, I want our team to have a significant measuring stick opponent every year, and twice a year is even better. I want us to be striving to keep up with a team with a hotshot young QB. The more, the better. It raises the bar for our own team.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Superman said:

Meh. I think a lot of it is overly sensational (like calling Richardson a bust, which is head shaking to me). However, it's true that the Texans are in really good position.

But that's a good thing, IMO. I don't want to be in a cupcake division, I want our team to have a significant measuring stick opponent every year, and twice a year is even better. I want us to be striving to keep up with a team with a hotshot young QB. The more, the better. It raises the bar for our own team.

I should've said I don't agree with the bust part. He most certainly showed flashes before he went down. 

Also, I agree with you. AFC South is going to finally be full of good teams and force the Colts to elevate their game. Always hated winning the division and getting roasted in the first game of the playoffs.