Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

it’s not over… except in Jerry Jones’ eyes. That dude is down cleaning McCarthy’s office out. 

He is down there ordering guys to move his stuff out of his office, then after Dallas wins, he will be yelling at the same guys, put everything back quickly lmao 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Why not try being fan of  Jaguars, Texans and Titans if the supported team always loses? That way, Colts automatically wins :D

You can root for a team and not be a fan. I'm not a Lions fan but I will be rooting hard for them...to win!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have always advocated to draft a QB when it is not needed. The Chiefs drafted Mahomes when they still had Alex Smith. Green Bay has done that multiple times. The Patriots have drafted a QB almost every year.

GB identified a guy that had traits but needed to sit which was such a perfect situation. Crazy GB is  only on their 3rd QB in decades.Love might not of turned out good had he been forced to play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like that SF scheme is making a lot of stars out of QB. Will be interesting if slowik ends up in TN. I think Steichen does the same type of thing.

Smart teams draft quarterbacks. The Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson when they did not need it. The Patriots drafted Jimmy G and Brissett when he had Brady. Dallas drafted Dak when they had Romo. Seattle drafted Wilson when they just gave Flynn lots of money to be their QB. It happens a lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Smart teams draft quarterbacks. The Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson when they did not need it. The Patriots drafted Jimmy G and Brissett when he had Brady. Dallas drafted Dak when they had Romo.

Other than Jackson those weren’t first round picks.  That’s getting lucky to certain extent.  None of those guys, again aside from Jackson, were drafted to be starters.  They were drafted to be backups and they found they could play.  You don’t normally see that with QBs taken outside of the first round drafted to be backups.  The Colts sure didn’t see it with any of the backup QBs they have taken over the years.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Smart teams draft quarterbacks. The Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson when they did not need it. The Patriots drafted Jimmy G and Brissett when he had Brady. Dallas drafted Dak when they had Romo. Seattle drafted Wilson when they just gave Flynn lots of money to be their QB. It happens a lot.

I thought for sure Minny was going to draft levis

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Other than Jackson those weren’t first round picks.  That’s getting lucky to certain extent.  None of those guys, again aside from Jackson, were drafted to be starters.  They were drafted to be backups and they found they could play.  You don’t normally see that with QBs taken outside of the first round drafted to be backups.  The Colts sure didn’t see it with any of the backup QBs they have taken over the years.

I did not say they had to be. I think teams should draft QBs in lower rounds and take a chance on them the way they would any other position. I have been advocating for the Vikings to draft quarterbacks in the 4th through 7th rounds. They probably have drafted the fewest QBs since 2014 (when Zimmer arrived). Vikings fans know my stance on that.

7 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I thought for sure Minny was going to draft levis

I did not want Levis in the first. If we got him or the Tennessee Volunteers QB in the third, I would have been happy with that.

My head coach is the cousin of Aiden McConnell. We could have drafted him.

• Like 1

Guess it just goes to show the parity of the NFL and how quickly things can change. You think the old dogs have it figured out then two new teams come in and shock everyone.

keeps me hopeful for us next year! 

• Like 2

Jimmy Johnson looked upset during halftime report.  He was yelling so much that I turned off the TV for a few minutes. 

I have the Packers defense in my fantasy lineup. I took a chance and it paid off. Had no idea what to expect from the defense, but not this. 

Just now, adubb84 said:

Guess it just goes to show the parity of the NFL and how quickly things can change. You think the old dogs have it figured out then two new teams come in and shock everyone.

keeps me hopeful for us next year! 

All the things  people say about being years away just is not true. Teams can turn things around very quickly.

• Like 1