Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New season. Same coach

Hooksalot

You all can tell me how wrong I am, but I am so tired of a coach that can beat the top teams in the NFL during the regular season and then choke last 2 games and fail to make playoffs.  Seriously, ATL and HOU and you can't beat either of them/  ATL looked like they had no game plan and were shocked ATL could actually play football.  We have had this coach the last 5 years.  And what a horrid play call on 4th an 1 with game on the line.  Give to your horse, Taylor.  Same Colts.  Same coach.  Same lame calls. .  

• Like 1

This team fought all season long. With a backup QB basically all season long. With a laughably depleted secondary all season long. We won 9 games and have a winning season this year. I understand being disappointed, but this season (as a whole) is not a disappointment.

• Like 5

Yea I’m not even going to entertain that this is the same situation with Reich.  With Reich we’re 4-13 with the injuries this year.  Houston had their starting quarterback pretty much all season and we didn’t.  We are fortunate to have gotten this far.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

You all can tell me how wrong I am, but I am so tired of a coach that can beat the top teams in the NFL during the regular season and then choke last 2 games and fail to make playoffs.  Seriously, ATL and HOU and you can't beat either of them/  ATL looked like they had no game plan and were shocked ATL could actually play football.  We have had this coach the last 5 years.  And what a horrid play call on 4th an 1 with game on the line.  Give to your horse, Taylor.  Same Colts.  Same coach.  Same lame calls. .  

He's not a Reich but HE's NOT ELITE(maybe he'll get better?) either. 

Too many games colts and coaches didn't show up which cost them the Division and now staying home. Roster not great either 

5 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

So wrong! The team is not GOOD enough period and they've been playing with a backup qb most of the season. The OVERALL talent level is solid but NOT special outside a couple of players. One being the rb that they DIDN'T want to pay!!! This pretty much is the same team that won 4 games last season and that was WITH Gilmore and Rogers at corner. I point them out because some use that excuse for Bradley and the defense with having young corners. On the Texans game winning drive Stroud went 7 for 7 and overcame some long down situations. I didn't have a problem with the 4th and 1 call because like Joe Buck and Aikman said he was WIDE OPEN!!!! Reich or Pagano wouldn't have won 3 games with this team....

30 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

This team fought all season long. With a backup QB basically all season long. With a laughably depleted secondary all season long. We won 9 games and have a winning season this year. I understand being disappointed, but this season (as a whole) is not a disappointment.

Thank you! (out of likes)

14 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

May be time to move on from Ballard

I hope the injury to AR isnt an excuse to keep Ballard around! He doesn’t deserve to put this organization through another lackluster draft and FA! The time to move on is Now!

1 minute ago, IndyEV said:

I hope the injury to AR isnt an excuse to keep Ballard around! He doesn’t deserve to put this organization through another lackluster draft and FA! The time to move on is Now!

Yeah, I agree.  AR, Juju, Downs, Freeland, Hull, Jones...they're all scrubs and didn't contribute or show any growth at all this year.

Yep, just another typical bad draft for Ballard.  He really is bad.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, I agree.  AR, Juju, Downs, Freeland, Hull, Jones...they're all scrubs and didn't contribute or show any growth at all this year.

Yep, just another typical bad draft for Ballard.  He really is bad.

I think that Ballard is a very solid drafter. But I also think he's pretty bad at everything else a GM does. Free agency decisions being the worst of it. This DB group was bad enough that Darrell Baker was somehow our CB1 to start the season. You can't tell me that they couldn't find some veteran better than Baker Jr in the offseason. I refuse to believe it lol. The skill position's groups on offense are also pretty bad and Ballard hasn't helped add any parts there via FA either. Downs looks to be good, but we don't have any special recieving threats on the roster.

Ballard's time as a Colts is directly tied to how well AR turns out to be. If Ballard doesn't equip the team with enough parts to let him shine, he's outta here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

May be time to move on from Ballard

When the Texans make the playoffs one year after being a dumpster fire, it's hard to argue. And there are people saying the roster is very good. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

2 minutes ago, Mick J. said:

When the Texans make the playoffs one year after being a dumpster fire, it's hard to argue. And there are people saying the roster is very good. 

Si

So, if the Texans lost Stroud during the season and didn't make the playoffs would you be saying the same thing about Caserio?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mick J. said:

Take CJ stroud out after week 4 and how do you think the Texans legitimately do?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I swear some people would moan after winning the lottery but had to share it with another person.

So true. Our board would complain if we won 45-3.... Why didn't we shut them out?? Lol

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So, if the Texans lost Stroud during the season and didn't make the playoffs would you be saying the same thing about Caserio?

How long has Caserio been the GM of the Texans? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I think that Ballard is a very solid drafter. But I also think he's pretty bad at everything else a GM does. Free agency decisions being the worst of it. This DB group was bad enough that Darrell Baker was somehow our CB1 to start the season. You can't tell me that they couldn't find some veteran better than Baker Jr in the offseason. I refuse to believe it lol. The skill position's groups on offense are also pretty bad and Ballard hasn't helped add any parts there via FA either. Downs looks to be good, but we don't have any special recieving threats on the roster.

Ballard's time as a Colts is directly tied to how well AR turns out to be. If Ballard doesn't equip the team with enough parts to let him shine, he's outta here.

This was to be an evaluation year for SS.  No one had eyes on the playoffs.  May have a wish for it, but no one was saying this year was a disappointment if we didn't make the playoffs.  We had no need to draft high FA's this year.

I agree, though, that Ballard will be tied to the success of AR.  Have no issue with that.

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Take CJ stroud out after week 4 and how do you think the Texans legitimately do?

Bingo!

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Do teams with a supposedly solid roster make the playoffs, without a quality starter? 

1 minute ago, Mick J. said:

How long has Caserio been the GM of the Texans? 

Two years.  What's the point?  He's been there for a shorter time?  Great.

When is the last time CB had the #2 pick?  How many times has CB picked in the top 10?

Take a deep breath. This stings, and definitely sucks. However we went 9-8 in an evaluation year with a backup QB. Steichen did a hell of a job this year. Next year will be a heck of a season I think. Even if we won tonight, we stood no chance in the playoffs with the amount of injuries we had. So let’s take a deep breath, add some pieces, let the coach work out and have some fun next year !

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Two years.  What's the point?  He's been there for a shorter time?  Great.

When is the last time CB had the #2 pick?  How many times has CB picked in the top 10?

LOL So, if CB had a #2 pick things would be different? He's had two top five picks in 7 years. 

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

4 minutes ago, Mick J. said:

Do teams with a supposedly solid roster make the playoffs, without a quality starter? 

Have there been teams that go to the playoffs with a back up QB? Yea sure, how about when that back up QB plays 75% of the season? Absolutely not, I would have to do some serious digging but there isn’t a single one that comes to mind. Only ones where a QB was drafted and was supposed to sit and then got thrusted into the starting role and this clearly wasn’t the case. Heck you can look back at what Minshew did with the Jags when he was the starter..

Just now, Mick J. said:

LOL So, if CB had a #2 pick things would be different? He's had two top five picks in 7 years. 

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

And Caserio has had 3 top 3 picks in the last couple of years along with pick 15.

We lost our starter this year as well.  Not even close on comparing the two.

• Like 2

Just now, twfish said:

Have there been teams that go to the playoffs with a back up QB? Yea sure, how about when that back up QB plays 75% of the season? Absolutely not, I would have to do some serious digging but there isn’t a single one that comes to mind. Only ones where a QB was drafted and was supposed to sit and then got thrusted into the starting role and this clearly wasn’t the case. Heck you can look back at what Minshew did with the Jags when he was the starter..

More than you want to believe, but this sounds like either denial or just more excuses for Ballard type of conversation. lol

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

And Caserio has had 3 top 3 picks in the last couple of years along with pick 15.

We lost our starter this year as well.  Not even close on comparing the two.

7 years guy! 7 years, and 1 playoff win and playoffs 2 of 7 seasons. lol

• Like 1