Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Colts Record in the Final Two Games?

sb41champs

Colts Record In The Final Two Games?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the Colts record in the final two games?

• 2 and 0
    • 1 and 1
    • 0 and 2

What I've learned is that it's a week-to-week. We can go on a 4 game winning streak then get smashed the following week. It's all about matchups. Even though we haven't been great at home, I still think it's an advantage for us. Raiders are on a roll but nothing about them scares me, especially offensively. The Texans will be hard-fought and we'll squeak out a victory. Postseason -- here we come (hopefully)!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SSColts said:

What I've learned is that it's a week-to-week. We can go on a 4 game winning streak then get smashed the following week. It's all about matchups. Even though we haven't been great at home, I still think it's an advantage for us. Raiders are on a roll but nothing about them scares me, especially offensively. The Texans will be hard-fought and we'll squeak out a victory. Postseason -- here we come (hopefully)!!

Our best chance is to not turn the ball over and hope that O’Connell makes a lot of mistakes. We. Need. Pressure. Bad!

No team this yr has been immune from laying an egg this season and l think KC did that against the Raiders.

That said, with PJ healthy Colts have the advantage at home these next 2 games.

Buck-Buck-Buckawhhhh!

Colts take both!

Or my name isn't Orval Redenbacher....

I also put they would lose both games. After seeing that that lazy pathetic effort last week I don’t trust a team to do anything good teams that take part of the game don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Everyone in that locker room should look in the mirror and say I lost a chance to win the division.

50 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I also put they would lose both games. After seeing that that lazy pathetic effort last week I don’t trust a team to do anything good teams that take part of the game don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Everyone in that locker room should look in the mirror and say I lost a chance to win the division.

But they haven't lost a chance to win the division yet. 

21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But they haven't lost a chance to win the division yet. 

Of course that’s true but by playing so crappy in Atlanta would be division leaders right now. I’m tired of getting moral victories they’re gonna have to be at Goode teams are gonna have to win every game but when they act like they don’t care like last week that really bothers me. There’s no way you get beat like that if you give every bit of effort that you have.

6 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Of course that’s true but by playing so crappy in Atlanta would be division leaders right now. I’m tired of getting moral victories they’re gonna have to be at Goode teams are gonna have to win every game but when they act like they don’t care like last week that really bothers me. There’s no way you get beat like that if you give every bit of effort that you have.

Or the game plan was terrible,  or it's a bad matchup.  Also not having the best wr on the team.   Lots of factors.  To say they weren't trying hard is ridiculous.   The Chiefs offense got man handled last week.   We're they not trying hard?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Or the game plan was terrible,  or it's a bad matchup.  Also not having the best wr on the team.   Lots of factors.  To say they weren't trying hard is ridiculous.   The Chiefs offense got man handled last week.   We're they not trying hard?

Chiefs have made 3 SBs and won 2 with Mahomes. When the Colts can make 1 SB, they'll be allowed to have the same leeway as the Chiefs. We have yet to win the division under Ballard. If we miss the playoffs, it will be a disaster. Also, the Chiefs will make the playoffs most likely despite the collapse. They are a horrible example to use to compare to the Colts.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chiefs have made 3 SBs and won 2 with Mahomes. When the Colts can make 1 SB, they'll be allowed to have the same leeway as the Chiefs. We have yet to win the division under Ballard. If we miss the playoffs, it will be a disaster. Also, the Chiefs will make the playoffs most likely despite the collapse. They are a horrible example to use to compare to the Colts.

This team was expected by most to win three or four games this year WITH Richardson who they haven’t had the vast majority of the season.  The fact they are competing for the playoffs with their backup QB means they have already surpassed most people’s expectations so saying missing the playoffs would be a disaster is simply not correct in most peoples eyes.  It would be disappointing for sure but you can see a path forward after this season.  You couldn’t say that a year ago.  It’s progress and it’s what the owner said before the season he wanted to see.  

As for Ballard Irsay made his call on Ballard last year.  A new GM is going to want his own coach and probably his own QB.  If Irsay was going to change the GM he would have done it last year before he let Ballard put both of those in place.  Like it or not no matter how disappointing you might have found Ballard’s track record Irsay pretty much reset his window last year and Irsay has shown once he has a plan he sticks to it and doesn’t make rash decisions like firing a GM right after he hired a new head coach and drafted a new QB who frankly missed most of the season.  Irsay is going to give Ballard time to let it play out regardless of his past.  

There’s also the fact this team has improved over last year and took a step forward.  That is a not a disaster in most people’s minds and it’s not getting Ballard fired.  

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

So because they didn’t met your standard of play that means they didn’t care?  That is just assigning an arbitrary measuring stick to something and saying it didn’t work so these guys don’t care.  

Sometimes things snowball on you and nothing works in a game.  It happens.  It happened to the Steelers the week before vs the Colts.  It doesn’t mean the players don’t care.  You want to see players not caring they start giving up on plays and quitting.  That’s not caring.  You didn’t see that last week.  You saw things not working and the Falcons executing much better and dictating the tempo of the game yes but you didn’t see the Colts quit.  They got beat, badly, there is a difference in that and quitting and not caring.  

As for moral victories I don’t think anyone in this organization is going to settle for those.  Sure after the season they might reflect and go hey we did better than we thought but they are still going to be disappointed regardless of when the season ends unless they win the Super Bowl.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This team was expected by most to win three or four games this year WITH Richardson who they haven’t had the vast majority of the season.  The fact they are competing for the playoffs with their backup QB means they have already surpassed most people’s expectations so saying missing the playoffs would be a disaster is simply not correct in most peoples eyes.  It would be disappointing for sure but you can see a path forward after this season.  You couldn’t say that a year ago.  It’s progress and it’s what the owner said before the season he wanted to see.  

As for Ballard Irsay made his call on Ballard last year.  A new GM is going to want his own coach and probably his own QB.  If Irsay was going to change the GM he would have done it last year before he let Ballard put both of those in place.  Like it or not no matter how disappointing you might have found Ballard’s track record Irsay pretty much reset his window last year and Irsay has shown once he has a plan he sticks to it and doesn’t make rash decisions like firing a GM right after he hired a new head coach and drafted a new QB who frankly missed most of the season.  Irsay is going to give Ballard time to let it play out regardless of his past.  

There’s also the fact this team has improved over last year and took a step forward.  That is a not a disaster in most people’s minds and it’s not getting Ballard fired.  

Expectations change throughout the season. Just because some people expected 3 or 4 wins (I said 6), doesn't mean when you exceed those expectations that you should be satisfied. Happy yes, satisfied no. When it comes down to being 8-6 a week ago and needing 2 wins to make the playoffs after the year we had and the chaos and drama we went through, I want to make it. It's not "oh we did better than we thought, so missing the playoffs isn't a big deal". That's a losers mentality. We should have new expectations that since the team was better, that we can make the playoffs or win the division.

We have two games left. Win both, and we are in. All there is to it. We should have Pittman and Braden back, no excuses. Irsay is wrong for how he's treating this situation. If it ends in not making the playoffs, it's another wasted season, especially with AR only playing 5 games. Only way to salvage this is to make the playoffs and try to make a run as an underdog. Tanking is useless at this point.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

So because they didn’t met your standard of play that means they didn’t care?  That is just assigning an arbitrary measuring stick to something and saying it didn’t work so these guys don’t care.  

Sometimes things snowball on you and nothing works in a game.  It happens.  It happened to the Steelers the week before vs the Colts.  It doesn’t mean the players don’t care.  You want to see players not caring they start giving up on plays and quitting.  That’s not caring.  You didn’t see that last week.  You saw things not working and the Falcons executing much better and dictating the tempo of the game yes but you didn’t see the Colts quit.  They got beat, badly, there is a difference in that and quitting and not caring.  

As for moral victories I don’t think anyone in this organization is going to settle for those.  Sure after the season they might reflect and go hey we did better than we thought but they are still going to be disappointed regardless of when the season ends unless they win the Super Bowl.  

Did you go back and watch the game on TV?  I watched for every play and looked for issues. On Defense we looked very slow. Many missed tackles and other defenders just standing around. It was a lazy effort We only got one sack and our line  couldn’t make a dent against an average QB. It looked pitiful. The offense wasn’t any better several dropped balls and very inaccurate passing. 

im allowed to call then out as I any other fan 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Did you go back and watch the game on TV?  I watched for every play and looked for issues. On Defense we looked very slow. Many missed tackles and other defenders just standing around. It was a lazy effort We only got one sack and our line  couldn’t make a dent against an average QB. It looked pitiful. The offense wasn’t any better several dropped balls and very inaccurate passing. 

im allowed to call then out as I any other fan 

I can't debate the fact that we laid an egg. It did look like we were going through the motions. It has been happening all season with almost every team though. Just a strange season. We have Pittman and Smith back this week, that should help Mustache out quite a bit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chiefs have made 3 SBs and won 2 with Mahomes. When the Colts can make 1 SB, they'll be allowed to have the same leeway as the Chiefs.

I think your logic is backwards.

The Colts are inexperienced and inconsistent. The chiefs, on the other hand, have been to three of the last four Superbowls.

It is not unexpected for an inexperienced and inconsistent team to have bad games from time to time; even if they are talented. But man, to lay an egg if you're the Chiefs can affect the trajectory of the entire league.

Me, personally? I think good games come and go for everyone. I recall some stinkers even with Peyton Manning. that didn't make Bill Polian a loser.

• Like 3

I voted 2-0. Recently this team has responded well after a dominating loss, like how we pounded Pittsburgh after being embarrassed in Cincinnati. Both games being at home also helps, Pittman's concussion symptoms returned as he traveled to Atlanta so back to back-to-back games at LOS negate that possibility. If we win tomorrow, we'll go into the Houston game with a shot at the AFC South title even if Jacksonville does beat Carolina because Tennessee would be motivated to win their final game of the season, at home and playing the spoiler.

If the Panthers do beat Jacksonville tomorrow and both us & Houston win, our Week 18 game could get flexed as it would be for the divisional title and the #4 (possibly even the 3) seed. I don't think it'll play out that way, I think we all win tomorrow and then all play at the same time next Sunday,  scoreboard watching and rooting for Tennessee!

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't debate the fact that we laid an egg. It did look like we were going through the motions. It has been happening all season with almost every team though. Just a strange season. We have Pittman and Smith back this week, that should help Mustache out quite a bit. 

The Colts are literally fighting for a playoff spot though?

Underestimating an opponent. Having an off week. Slaking off. Things like that can be forgiven earlier in the season if a team still has a chance or if they are still trying to figure things out. There's less than a month of regular season football left and The Colts have a playoff spot in their sights - within their grasp - and then they go and play like they did against the Falcons. I may just be getting flashbacks to 2021, but I REALLY dislike watching crap like that.

I've said before I'm ok with not reaching the playoffs this season given we've done so much better than expected already - and I really am. But I really can't stand when our guys look unprepared or like they don't care at all.

On 12/29/2023 at 6:45 PM, k9copinmd said:

I love the Colts to the core....been a fan for 50 years but I put 0-2. Had my heart broken to many times by this team to get my hopes up for a playoff berth. Again...like so many others...I hope I'm wrong.

So glad I was wrong......But still gotta have one more!

• Like 1