Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something isn't right...

Shadow_Creek

Look i'm not trying to start any drama or cause fear..But i'm really concerned that Pittman still hasn't been resigned ...you all have seen what he has been doing lately and hes even on pace for 1000+ yards and yet some how nothing is happening ...i'm really hoping Pittman didn't ask to test the market after this season cause that would be saddening to be honest.. But at the same time i wouldn't be surprised because we have struggled to find a steady starting QB...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Look i'm not trying to start any drama or cause fear..But i'm really concerned that Pittman still hasn't been resigned ...you all have seen what he has been doing lately and hes even on pace for 1000+ yards and yet some how nothing is happening ...i'm really hoping Pittman didn't ask to test the market after this season cause that would be saddening to be honest.. But at the same time i wouldn't be surprised because we have struggled to find a steady starting QB...

How do you know nothing is happening?

• Thanks 2

I think having a playoff run PROBABLY is the main attention getter these days......

2 months ago Spotrac listed Pittman as a resign at an average of $17M today its reported as $23M according to an article on SB Nation

It will all work out......   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Holy cow. After the 1st sentence, I nearly headed for my bunker...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

As the kids say these days…….   Chillax!

It’s still early December.   Lots of time for things to get done.  Technically, the Colts have until Mid-March to get things done, though I suspect we will all have better idea of where things stand much sooner than that….    Jan/Feb. 

• Like 1

I have faith in Ballard to get something done.  Ballard historically has been good at keeping his core players and signing them to good contract for the player and team.  Aside from drafting his ability to structure contracts might be his best ability as a GM.  

However, I did expect to see more than Taylor to be signed by now.  Beyond Pittman they have several key free agents to make decisions on this off-season:

Pittman

Moore

Stewart

Blackmon 

Minshew

Rigo (okay re-signing a punter if they choose too shouldn’t be that big of deal or that hard)

Moss

Lewis (they have been going year-to-year for a while)

Highly unlikely he can keep them all so he will have to make some hard decisions.  That’s why I am surprised they haven’t had gotten one or two done beyond Taylor before the year ends but I am sure Ballard has a plan.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have faith in Ballard to get something done.  Ballard historically has been good at keeping his core players and signing them to good contract for the player and team.  Aside from drafting his ability to structure contracts might be his best ability as a GM.  

However, I did expect to see more than Taylor to be signed by now.  Beyond Pittman they have several key free agents to make decisions on this off-season:

Pittman

Moore

Stewart

Blackmon 

Minshew

Rigo (okay re-signing a punter if they choose too shouldn’t be that big of deal or that hard)

Moss

Highly unlikely he can keep them all so he will have to make some hard decisions.  That’s why I am surprised they haven’t had gotten one or two done beyond Taylor before the year ends but I am sure Ballard has a plan.

The first four are locks imo.  The last four are anybody’s guess.

He might want to test the market.  His production has gone up and down with the QB play here

I think hes worth more to us than he would be to most other teams too.  We would be losing our best WR if he leaves

The Chiefs could use him but probably cant afford him

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The first four are locks imo.  The last four are anybody’s guess.

If I had to rank them I’d go:

Must keeps:

1.  Pittman.  I don’t see any scenario the Colts can afford to let Pittman go,  even if they keep Pittman they need to add WRs for depth.  If you let him go you only have one proven WR back in Downs.

1A.  Stewart:  has anyone ever earned money while being suspended?  The run defense without him went from being a strength to maybe the weakest area on the team.  
2.  Moore:  He’s returned to his pro-bowl level and the title of best slot corner in the game.  He’s also a solid vet in a very young secondary 

would like to keep but can let go if you have too:

3.  Minshew:  one of the best backups in the league.  Not going to be a threat to Richardson and can also help with his development.  I was close to putting him on must keep.

4.  Blackmon:  I am always lerry paying players coming off a career year in a contract year that’s significantly above his recent performance.  Still you can’t deny that he’s had a great year.

5.  Moss:  Would love to have the one 1 2 punch of him in Taylor but his touches were really declining before Taylor’s injury.  Add in that someone may offer him a starter role and money and you already backed the brinx truck for Taylor I could see him let go.

Shouldn’t be an issue if you want to keep them

6.  Rigo:  had an up and down year.  His ability to pin teams on the sidelines on kickoffs isn’t of much value with Gay here.  Still a good punter 

7.  Lewis:  already going year-to-year.  Solid depth but never going to be a star.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pittman

Moore

Stewart

Blackmon 

Minshew

Moss

I would say

Pittman-  Bring back for sure, he gets the going rate for a WR with his production

Moore- Probably bring back, he will be a 29 year old CB and they usually dont last much past 30 

Stewart- bring back for sure

Blackmon - Probably back, he fits pretty well here and i doubt teams are dying to pry him out of here

Minshew- I think they will want him back, backup qb will be just as important going into next season as it was this one

Rigo - no reason to let him go

Moss- we might lose him unless we can get him cheap

Lewis- Good player to have, could also be the odd one out if we bring in other DEs

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pittman

Moore

Stewart

Blackmon 

Minshew

Moss

hopefully the eagles dont get him to play with shaq and rogers

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If I had to rank them I’d go:

Must keeps:

1.  Pittman.  I don’t any scenario the Colts can afford to let Pittman go,  even if they keep Pittman they need to add WRs for depth.  If you let him go you only have one proven WR back on Downs.

1A.  Stewart:  has anyone ever earned money while being suspended?  The run defense without him went from being a strength to maybe the weakest area on the team.  
2.  Moore:  He’s returned to his pro-bowl level and the title of best slot corner in the game.  He’s also a solid vet in a very young secondary 

would like to keep but can let go if you have too:

3.  Minshew:  one of the best backups in the league.  Not going to be a threat to Richardson and can also help with his development.  I was close to putting him on must keep.

4.  Blackmon:  I am always lerry paying players coming off a career year in a contract year that’s significantly above his recent performance.  Still you can’t deny that he’s had a great year.

5.  Moss:  Would love to have the one 1 2 punch of him in Taylor but his touches were really declining before Taylor’s injury.  Add in that someone may offer him a starter role and money and you already backed the brinx truck for Taylor I could see him let go.

Shouldn’t be an issue if you want to keep them

6.  Rigo:  had an up and down year.  His ability to pin teams on the sidelines on kickoffs isn’t of much value with Gay here.  Still a good punter 

7.  Lewis:  already gong year-to-year.  Solid depth but never going to be a star.

For me Blackmon’s great year is largely due to him returning to his best position at SS.  He’s the only safety having a great year as well.  I would hope he’s a must sign then all we would need to do is get Cross up to speed to solidify the safety group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pittman

Moore

Stewart

Blackmon 

Minshew

Moss

Ballard's Capologist will be far apart as he begins negotiating with all. I like Lewis as the first signing. 2 yr $9M. 5 mil fully guaranteed. Near the beginning FA period for the rest.

I think the Pittman signing is gonna take a while.  CB had to see how he performed this year.  He had to see what Pittman's agent wants.  He had to see what the market will bear.  Pittman is a non-standard WR.  And he's still our best one.

I wouldn't worry, unless Pittman all of the sudden hires Malki Kawa as his agent.

16 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

This continues the 100% hit rate of reading one your posts and me going…

1) Why did I do that 

2) WTH are you talking about