Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t know if it made much of a difference and won’t know until I see snap counts but Thomas might of got benched for cross. If so it made a big difference.

I know. Just saying they don’t move up. 

How does that work tho? The Texans have the tiebreaker over the Steelers. But, we have the tiebreaker over the Texans. 

Can’t remember exactly how a 3 way tie goes when the head to head is split between the group.  

This was not domination.

This was chaos.

A mistake-filled game that was a head spinner.  And we just happened to wind up on top.

A couple of points:

1 - Pittman surpassed both Marvin and TY for the most catches in their first four years.  And made the big plays that won the day.  He earned his extension.  Pay the man.

2 - Playing Gardner Minshew is like using Ron Weasley's broken wand.  Sometimes it works great.  Sometimes it blows up in your face.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Colts1324 said:

How does that work tho? The Texans have the tiebreaker over the Steelers. But, we have the tiebreaker over the Texans. 

Can’t remember exactly how a 3 way tie goes when the head to head is split between the group.  

We would have the same record as those two teams so I am not sure of steelers  and browns afc records. 

10-7 rams 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t know if it made much of a difference and won’t know until I see snap counts but Thomas might of got benched for cross. If so it made a big difference.

I noticed a lot of Blackmon and Cross today and not a lot of Thomas. Definitely interested in the reason for that, but I wonder if it had more to do with the match-up and trying to bolster the run defense.

• Like 2

Minshew despite the fumble and a 2 going the other way made it interesting.

That Notre Dame special teams guy, he got a lot of punts blocked in college, I was always wondering when it was going to happen in the NFL. Perfect game for it to happen.

Red zone was a big problem for us but this team is resilient for sure, proud of them 

• Like 5

Minshew was great when he needed to be.

Pitt was great all day.

Pierce finally got to do what we drafted him for.

Punt coverage team was awesome.

Entire D stepped up when they had to.

Baker Jr. made a play or two

Gonna forget the negatives, we won!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I noticed a lot of Blackmon and Cross today and not a lot of Thomas. Definitely interested in the reason for that, but I wonder if it had more to do with the match-up and trying to bolster the run defense.

I commented earlier in the 1st quarter that they needed to make that switch. Cross is better against the run than Thomas

• Like 1

The bad?

-Redzone offense struggled 

-Run defense leaving a lot to be desired 

-Minshew spontaneous combustion nerve racking panic in the backfield

-EARLY doubters in the game day thread. Have some faith!

The good?

- PEIRCE breakout game 

-Pay that man. I mean…. Pittman. Wow. He’s evolving right before our eyes. 
- Steichen - what a play caller!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

The bad?

-Redzone offense struggled 

-Run defense leaving a lot to be desired 

-Minshew spontaneous combustion nerve racking panic in the backfield

-EARLY doubters in the game day thread. Have some faith!

The good?

- PEIRCE breakout game 

-Pay that man. I mean…. Pittman. Wow. He’s evolving right before our eyes. 
- Steichen - what a play caller!

Yeah, I was an early-game doubter. I'll eat some crow there. I thought this would be a trap game, but we came back and won. Very happy! :) 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Larra Overton said Matt Gay ran out of the locker room to catch a flight to Utah because his wife is giving birth.

Hopefully everything goes well for them.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

So very sloppy and shouldn't have been close but absolute clutch plays when we needed them. Thankfully we get Grove back next week. Our D will look a bit better. 

Offense needs to finish in the redzone. No excuse to go 1/5. 

hopefully gus learned to not go soft and bring pressure

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Positives:
Pittman and Pierce:  Both had HUGE games today

Colts pass rush:  Not a lot of sacks but put pressure on Levis at key moments

Colts discipline:  this is why not committing penalties is so important 

Special teams:  two blocks (okay one called a fumble but it was a block), Rigo did a good job punting, and Matt Gay was perfect.  Only bad play was the run back but that was more on the offense.

Shane and taking the points:  just stayed with it all day and didn’t panic when they were down 10 and just took what was there rather than trying to force TDs.

Buckner:  no one will be more happy to see Grover back than him but man did he come to play.

Secondary:  maybe Jones worst day but the rest of the secondary was good, including Baker.  Kenny Moore continues to be great.

Down the field offense:  Gardner can do it so let’s see it more!

Bad:

Colts run defense.  They were decent on the inside game but man they never figured out or adjusted to the outside run defense.  Grover back next week should help but he won’t help outside.

Moss:  infective today.   Not all on him.  Run blocking was not good and Shane’s play calling with Moss wasn’t great.

Gardner’s second half:  just ugly until overtime after that 10 minute drive to open the second half.  
Shane play calling in the second half:  I wasn’t impressed.  He seemed determined to run the ball up the middle no matter how infective it was.  With that said he did uncork that call in OT and I thought he did a good job in the first half.  
Tackling:  I know I am a broken record on this but it continues to be a problem.  

We had 6 sacks… and 8 knock downs. how is that not a lot?

• Like 1

The Good

• Pierce finally had the game we've wanted from him since he was drafted. Hope he keeps it up and Shance keeps called those go routes.
  • Pittman back-to-back 100+ yard games.
  • Ebukam is putting together a nice season if not flashy.
  • Steichen. I love his playcalling. He's aggressive and believes in his guys. Can't wait to have AR back next season.
  • How about Special Teams!!! TWO blocked punts!
  • Good Minshew was good...

The Bad

• Bad Minshew was bad...
  • Run defense is... ew...
  • Red Zone Offense
  • Red Zone Defense
  • 3rd/4th down defense
  • Jones showed he's a rookie today. Hopefully he bounces back and gets even better.
  • The Refs - I felt we could've gotten 10 holding calls on their OIine...

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah that whole Pittman isn't elite is so stupid.

The guy balls out when given a chance. He's not Marvin Harrison... So what...

Apparently better, more receptions than Marvin in 1st 4 seasons. Better resign him soon or it's going to be expensive. 

• Like 1