Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor could miss time

Restinpeacesweetchloe

The complexity here. He finished the game, so its not necessarily unrealistic to think he could continue to play. 

However, things are never that simple. We can’t disregard one of his major gripes was him feeling pressure to play through injury last year. Will he feel the same this year? He got paid but will the Colts hold back on having him play?

Do we think there is any influence here by the release of Shaq and their shared agent?

Obviously we don’t know the significance of the injury but I’m curious if those other factors will play heavily into the decision on whether or not he stays on the field.

I’d hope he can get back out there, dude was really looking like his old self and showing why he got the money he did.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some people's character in here is sad, who laughs at Taylor injuring his thumb. 

Some people are just inherently negative, sceptical, miserable people.   Others, Like me, though balanced and measured, like to look at the positive, bright side of things.  :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pretty awful timing if he misses time tbh. Divisional game that we need to win. Moss is good, but now he's all we have. Going to make things that much harder.

Huge bad beat that Stewart will be back the following week. I just can't envision stopping that tank running between the tackles without him.

• Like 1

I liked what our OL did vs the vaunted Bucs run D. If our OL shows up, JT or Moss can have good days and we should be able to do plenty enough in the passing game to beat the Titans.

Get better JT, we need you when we make the playoffs to go down swinging. :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We know moss can handle the work load at least. He was 6.9 yards per carry against Bucs. It was just nice to have a change of pace back. The split with them was really good against Bucs.

If Taylor doesn't play, the good thing is Moss is pretty well rested. He didn't get that many carries this past week. I think we still win.

• Like 1

With a small fracture, it’s possible he can get a minor surgery & only miss 2 games. I broke my finger, opted to play through it, & it didn’t hold me back at all after a week outside of a lack of complete grip strength. Hopefully it’s not a break at the bottom of the finger 

• Like 1

Just now, Colts1324 said:

With a small fracture, it’s possible he can get a minor surgery & only miss 2 games. I broke my finger, opted to play through it, & it didn’t hold me back at all after a week outside of a lack of complete grip strength. Hopefully it’s not a break at the bottom of the finger 

Or a ligament 

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know, but we are without Stewart for one more game. So it kinda evens out. 

There entire OL is bad.  We’re just missing one piece.  A good one no doubt but we have every one else.  It’s not like no one is playing his position.  It should be advantage Colts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know, but we are without Stewart for one more game. So it kinda evens out. 

We will win this game by at least a TD, their O.Line sucks, Levis is wet behind the ears, and Moss is good enough to carry us home. As long as we don't play dumb and Turn it Over, I see know way we lose this game. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bradley said they were sacrificing run yards to help protect the pass after the saints game.  Mr guess is they will go all out to stop run this game and force Levis to throw. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

There entire OL is bad.  We’re just missing one piece.  A good one no doubt but we have every one else.  It’s not like no one is playing his position.  It should be advantage Colts.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will win this game by at least a TD, their O.Line sucks, Levis is wet behind the ears, and Moss is good enough to carry us home. As long as we don't play dumb and Turn it Over, I see know way we lose this game. 

I'll quote all three of you at the same time. Levis has fallen back to Earth, so if we dare him to throw, then we have a good shot at winning this game. We'll see how the Titans respond if we go all-out to defend the run. They do have Chig and Hopkins still as options. 

• Like 2