Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would our record be if……..?

Trace Pyott

I was thinking of our current roster makeup and how it compares to past colts teams. I think our biggest problem is qb play. A great qb can make a mediocre team really good really fast. So it got me thinking. Where would this team be if we had manning , luck, and Richardson as qb instead of minshew?  

I know we would have won the Cleveland game because I feel we won it anyways just not officially lol. So as of now we are 6-5. 

With Richardson I feel we would be 7-4. I think overall he would improve us but some games we won he might have lost for us just making rookie mistakes. 

With luck as qb I would say right now we would be 8-3.  

If we had manning I think 9-2 or 10-1 is not out of the question at all. That’s how good he was. 

So with that being said, I truly don’t think this roster is as far away as many think. I think we are a good qb away from truly being a team that other teams fear aka KC or PHilly.   What do you guys think our record would be if we had one of those 3 as qb??  

• Like 2

With AR healthy and the way the season is going, I would say we would be 7-4 with him. He also would be being talked about in the same breath as Stroud, JMO. AR would not have the passing stats that Stroud has but they still would be good and he would have good stats using his legs.  

With 2012-2014 Luck, we would be 8-3 and leading the division. Jags would not have swept us if Luck was QB.

• Like 4

It could be better or worse with Richardson, he had good and bad stretches when he played and is assuming he was healthy the entire season.

manning would have them in the them as one of the top teams, I don’t think that’s a stretch.

luck wouldn’t have them at the manning level, but would be below the top couple teams.

2 hours ago, husker61 said:

It could be better or worse with Richardson, he had good and bad stretches when he played and is assuming he was healthy the entire season.

manning would have them in the them as one of the top teams, I don’t think that’s a stretch.

luck wouldn’t have them at the manning level, but would be below the top couple teams.

That’s basically how I feel as well. 

The only 2 games I think could have been a difference of a win or loss would have been the browns game and the Jacksonville game. There's no way he would have been as bad as Minshew was against the Jags and i think Ricahrdson could have extended drives against the Browns so they wouldn't of had the time to pay off the refs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm only going to answer if we had AR5 as QB.

8-3

Yeah, I'd say 7-4 to 8-3 at this point. Minshew has been a pure game manager at this point with no upside, and he had a stretch of games where he was turning the ball over. I'd say by now, AR would have us at 7-4 or 8-3 and he'd he'd be a lot more developed and confident to the point where we would be a possible solid playoff contender. That's what hurts the most. This year could have had some meaning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, husker61 said:

I think this is likely the situation. Although I think it would be slightly worse if anything. We have to remember that AR is still a rookie. That will make rookie mistakes. Even Manning had his struggles his rookie year that impacted the team and AR is no Manning.

Forget the QB for a moment.  What would our record be if:

1. We elect to kick the FG against the Rams to make it 23-11 instead of going for it on 4th and 7 in the 3rd Q.

2. Leading 21-17, we play it safe and run the ball three times at the end of the first half of the Browns game, forcing them to burn all 3 timeouts - OR - we punt the ball instead of attempting a 60 yard FG.  The only times you should ever attempt a 60 yard FG is at the end of a half or at the end of a game.

• Like 2

There are so many variables in each game that the other team's decisions wouldn't be the same if we had a different QB playing or made different in-game decisions. We can't assume everything else is a constant in a vacuum and we are the only variable thus being able to dictate the outcomes. I just don't subscribe to that.

What if Bradley's D didn't give up 39 points in a 3 game stretch as an average...we could go on and on. You know what I am saying. :) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There are so many variables in each game that the other team's decisions wouldn't be the same if we had a different QB playing or made different in-game decisions. We can't assume everything else is a constant in a vacuum and we are the only variable thus being able to dictate the outcomes. I just don't subscribe to that.

What if Bradley's D didn't give up 39 points in a 3 game stretch as an average...we could go on and on. You know what I am saying. :) 

I agree.  I was just pointing out there is a thin line between wins & losses.  Most people forget to realize that we never should have won the Ravens game, but as you said...things happen.  We're 6-5 and will be playing meaningful games in December.  I believe nearly all Colt fans would have taken that in a heartbeat in August regardless of who the QB was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Creekside said:

We could also look at it another way:

What would the record be if it were Brisset, Wentz, or Ryan?

I for one prefer Minshew over those three guys...and maybe even Rivers because of his lack of mobility.

If we had one of those 3 QBs, we'd probably have 5-6 wins (maybe 3 or 4 with Ryan). About the same or slightly less IMO. Minshew is slightly better than Brissett and Wentz, and much better than Ryan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we had one of those 3 QBs, we'd probably have 5-6 wins (maybe 3 or 4 with Ryan). About the same or slightly less IMO. Minshew is slightly better than Brissett and Wentz, and much better than Ryan. 

I disagree  our record might be better  with brissett as he was better at protecting  football than  minshew.

• Like 1