Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fav colts backup qb of the last 20 yr or so?

Trace Pyott

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Manning only had 1 INT in that SB - at the end. You lost me?

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Manning threw for 333 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT in SB 44. His INT at the end stings but he had nothing on Earl's SB 3.

I miss these days so much, I have barely had any interests in the games this season; I watch them very passively. 

• Like 1

Current colt QB Kellen Mond is my favorite.... his skill set is perfect to back up AR5, wouldn't have to change style of plays called. Though I have my optimism he'll ever make it in the nfl, I'd like to see him on the field and see how he does. 

How much worse could he be than Painter, Sorgi,...etc.....? LoL

On 11/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, Fluke_33 said:

Paul Justin

Kelly Holcomb 

sorgi - for his commercial on never being needed 

Orlovski- saved us from going 0-16

brissett 

minshew 

hassleback

harbaugh

I’ve liked so many.   

I was at the dome when Justin beat the Packers! The 2 buddies I went to the game with were both GB and Colts fans. They were so sure GB was going to win that game they wore their GB jerseys.  They were both cheering the Colts by the end of the gamehaha

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I was at the dome when Justin beat the Packers! The 2 buddies I went to the game with were both GB and Colts fans. They were so sure GB was going to win that game they wore their GB jerseys.  They were both cheering the Colts by the end of the gamehaha

That side arm/ 3/4 arm throw was pretty cool.   It was fun to see.  He had a really strong arm too if i recall correctly

On 11/6/2023 at 5:27 PM, Trace Pyott said:

With minshew being our starter right now it got me thinking. Where would he rank amongst the backups we have had since the manning days.  Out of these and if I forget any please feel free to add them. 

We got minshew, brissett, Jim sorgi, Sam ehlinger, Curtis painter (yuck) that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Who would you say are the top 3 if you had to have one fill in for a season and not to tank but to win games lol. 

Jim Sorgi of course! Best clipboard holder ever!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, NFLfan said:

You missed so many. Scott Tolzien, Chandler Harnish? I'm surprised Harbaugh is not more popular.

(I liked Kelly Holcomb. He was a Viking once. I did not know that Harnish was too. I don't remember Harnish as a Viking.)

Harbaugh was never the backup.   He was the starter

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 5:17 PM, jemack said:

I thought Jim sorgi was a good back up. He didn't have much playing time behind Manning but was reliable.

I remember a season where they were going to play him in the last game or two and he complained of a sore arm. Sore from holding the clipboard. :lol:

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I'm not sure why I thought he was once a backup.

he was a backup.  I think he was brought in to backup majikowski and then they had Craig Erickson as the starter.  I don’t remember exactly what happened but harbaugh came off the bench and became the starter and was quickly a fan favorite 

• Like 1