Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you have an unpopular opinion about the Colts? If so, what is it?

AKB

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I consider an unpopular opinion something both the positive and negative crowd disagree on. 

Now days it is tough to be positive because there simply isn't much to be positive about lmao. We are 3-5, AR is out for the season, Jacksonville has the best QB and Coach in the division and looking at trying to win anything big within even the next 3 years - I don't see it with Mahomes, Burrow, and Lamar in the conference. 

This is why, I just enjoy any win we get for now. I enjoyed watching AR play well, he added excitement to the team. I know winning a SB or Conference Championship isn't happening for a while, so it is what it is.

• Like 3

This may be unpopular, but I have an idea regarding the Colts for a thread.

How about the Alternate Universe Colts season thread. We can start from the beginning of the season and people can post what happened in an alternate universe during the season week by week. Just in that thread, we can pretend that that's actually what is really happening. Like in this universe, Richardson is healthy and is dominating. We could be 6-2 right now. The defense is top ten.

Stuff like that.

8 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Love the Colts, but really angry at the NFL. Maybe the Colts should play Lacrosse?

I don't know whether this is a popular opinion or not. But the REFS screwed us out of the Browns game. That was a devastating loss because the difference between 4-4 and 3-5 is huge. I am done crying over it now though. Like you, the NFL has some issues. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now days it is tough to be positive because there simply isn't much to be positive about lmao. We are 3-5, AR is out for the season, Jacksonville has the best QB and Coach in the division and looking at trying to win anything big within even the next 3 years - I don't see it with Mahomes, Burrow, and Lamar in the conference. 

This is why, I just enjoy any win we get for now. I enjoyed watching AR play well, he added excitement to the team. I know winning a SB or Conference Championship isn't happening for a while, so it is what it is.

and yes, this post hurts but I would be lying if I said otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Mine: We would not be contending for the Division title even if AR was playing.

Oh I absolutely agree with this. 

I was expecting a 5-6 win season back in training camp. The way I took this off-season was that we were doing a soft-rebuild and restart. 

I think @NewColtsFan had mentioned it as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Mine: We would not be contending for the Division title even if AR was playing.

I actually agree. If you look at my before season picks, I had us at 8-8-1 and the Jags at 10-7. So, I thought the Jags were winning the division regardless. I was just hoping to see AR have a good rookie season. He did play well while he was in, but injuries are a concern now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Both are important. I would love to get Marvin though. When Burrow got Chase, that put Cincy on a different level. 

That did put Cindy on another level but they had a good team for awhile before that. Cincy has been like KC where they just needed the QB.

I'm not saying both arnt important, but to me, a stud pass rusher is far more important. Getting a Miles Garrett would put the team in the playoffs imo. Idk if Devonte Adams would.

1 minute ago, KB said:

That did put Cindy on another level but they had a good team for awhile before that. Cincy has been like KC where they just needed the QB.

I'm not saying both arnt important, but to me, a stud pass rusher is far more important. Getting a Miles Garrett would put the team in the playoffs imo. Idk if Devonte Adams would.

I pretty much agree with your post. If someone said, would you take Myles Garrett or a WR like Chase, I could go either way. I might even take Garrett. 

12 hours ago, RollerColt said:

My unpopular opinion:

Sometimes I find Pat McAfee a bit much. 

He's cool, but yeah.  A bit much.  My son loves him.  He appeals to younger people.   He's real too, and that's really refreshing.  

I don't love watching him but I act like I do when I'm watching him with my son. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KB said:

FWIW:  A guy like Miles Garrett only comes along perhaps roughly every 5-10 years.   Garrett himself was the first overall pick in 2017, and he’s still the best 4-3 pass rushing defensive end in the league.   Perhaps only the 49ers Bosa is his equal.  That’s how great he is.

My point being,  would the Colts love a guy like that?   Of course.   But he’s so good, so rare, that your chances of getting a guy like him are very small.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, KB said:

Star wide receiver is the least important of our needs. A stud pass rusher would provide more to this team than any WR in, or about to come in, the league.

yes!  as much as i would love MH redux, a star pass rusher will dynamically change this team.  not only this def.  

23 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He's real too, and that's really refreshing.  

Keeping It Real Miles Teller GIF by Saturday Night Live

Anthony Richardson has done nothing on the field of play that should instill great confidence that he is the Colts' long term answer at QB.  

The converse is also true.

Anthony Richardson was not a particularly effective QB when he was playing for the Colts this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Anthony Richardson has done nothing on the field of play that should instill great confidence that he is the Colts' long term answer at QB.  

Anthony Richardson was not a particularly effective QB when he was playing for the Colts this season.

Well that is just false but good unpopular take high roller laughing GIF

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually agree. If you look at my before season picks, I had us at 8-8-1 and the Jags at 10-7. So, I thought the Jags were winning the division regardless. I was just hoping to see AR have a good rookie season. He did play well while he was in, but injuries are a concern now. 

I think some of your posts got away from your prediction, in that it seemed that you expected the Colts to win....not just rooting for them.

As well as AR was playing....and lets not forget that his QBR was actually not very good....I expected him to throw picks at critical times, fumble at critical times, and to miss passes to not convert 3rd downs.  IOW, I expected him to look like an NFL rookie QB as the season wore on.  But plenty of positives to build upon.

Just now, DougDew said:

I think some of your posts got away from your prediction, in that it seemed that you expected the Colts to win....not just rooting for them.

As well as AR was playing....and lets not forget that his QBR was actually not very good....I expected him to throw picks at critical times, fumble at critical times, and to miss passes to not convert 3rd downs.  IOW, I expected him to look like an NFL rookie QB as the season wore on.  But plenty of positives to build upon.

Yeah he only had 1 INT and 1 fumble and 7 TD's overall. He had some decent moments. I thought against Houston he was rolling then he got a concussion.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

My unpopular opinion is that Minshew should still be re-signed after this season to be the backup QB.

Given the dearth of good backup QBs in the league, I doubt that is unpopular, despite any shortcomings exposed playing as a starter. He is who he is, a backup trying his best to win us games. Plus, with AR's injury history he started with, Minshew being re-signed is a slam dunk, I would have to think, given his familiarity with Steichen's offense across 2 teams.

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Oh.  We should have drafted WIll Levis.

It always comes down to preference. Ballard loves his traits based drafting. Most of us, after seeing Lamar's injury history despite being sneaky fast, and seeing Mahomes and Hurts evolve into pass first QBs, wanted a pass first QB. AR might get there but some of us wanted a pocket passer prospect right off the bat. 

For Will Levis' sake, I hope he does well. But for the Colts' sake, because he is with the Titans, I hope he doesn't light it up. It wasn't just you that wanted Will Levis, I am sure there were other posters here that preferred a pocket passer with a big arm with more college experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

It is so passive because we have no one behind our d-line that can cover for shoot. So they play deeper in zone and leave nice gaps. With the speed of Roger's and Flowers who could cover aggressively man on man, so we could often bring up a safety to tighten up on the gaps or use as a Blitzer.

It is totally a personnel problem.

Bradley’s scheme has always been passive no matter where he’s coached. It’s not a matter of personnel. 

31 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Truth. 

And, yes, the inverse is true as well. 

He is very much still a question mark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

I heard Franklin and Speed talk about it.  They do not like the cold.  Zaire said something to the effect of he's played in a lot of cold in syracuse but you don't really get used to it, you just cope.  Speed seemed to not like that cold at all.

Forget Franklin and Speed, I doubt Hoosier fans are ready to go to thick jackets, let alone shirtless like Green Bay fans in the cold.  :) 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Both are important. I would love to get Marvin though. When Burrow got Chase, that put Cincy on a different level. 

When I watch MarvinJ, here is my concern about how "elite" he might be.  Like his father, he seems to get YAC only when he has wide open spaces in front of him.  If a defender is close to him, he doesn't really have the jukes to make the guy miss, and he tends to get tackled a bit easier than I would expect for a 6'4" WR.  Just my eyes, and I have not seen him play a ton (because I tend to not like OSU. lol).  In this sense, is he basically a route running "possession" receiver, but who can get behind the D over the top as a threat? A great addition to the corps, but lacking the juke...break away from the defender type of YAC.  I'm probably just being picky and pointing out where he is not perfect.

OTOH, in addition to speed, routes, and hands, Chase can juke a guy out of his cleats, so he can create wide open space in front of him even though a defender is close to him.  I think that ability helps CIN and Burrow quite a bit.

Its why I would entertain the idea of Bowers or a pass rusher instead of MHJ.  A conversation, not a slam dunk either way at this point.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It always comes down to preference. Ballard loves his traits based drafting. Most of us, after seeing Lamar's injury history despite being sneaky fast, and seeing Mahomes and Hurts evolve into pass first QBs, wanted a pass first QB. AR might get there but some of us wanted a pocket passer prospect right off the bat. 

For Will Levis' sake, I hope he does well. But for the Colts' sake, because he is with the Titans, I hope he doesn't light it up. It wasn't just you that wanted Will Levis, I am sure there were other posters here that preferred a pocket passer with a big arm with more college experience. 

Yeah, I think traditional player evaluations would have Levis being drafted ahead of AR.  Levis was more NFL ready, and that alone garners a higher draft spot than a guy with 13 college starts.  But modern QBing values different things.  And I get some of Levis' unforced errors and ego personality issues.

By most rights, Levis should have gone in the top 5 (not saying I wanted Levis there...I was kind of indifferent after Stroud went off the board..... but saying I thought he was going to be the pick) and AR should have been the guy who fell out of the first round....because the first round is usually about finding players that can play right away.   And then teams realizing AR was still sitting there, vigorously trade up to take him top of the second round.

If they both turn out to be good QBs, draft position doesn't matter.

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:  A guy like Miles Garrett only comes along perhaps roughly every 5-10 years.   Garrett himself was the first overall pick in 2017, and he’s still the best 4-3 pass rushing defensive end in the league.   Perhaps only the 49ers Bosa is his equal.  That’s how great he is.

My point being,  would the Colts love a guy like that?   Of course.   But he’s so good, so rare, that your chances of getting a guy like him are very small.  

I said Garrett and Adams because they're (just my opinion) the best at their respective positions. I would be thrilled if we did get someone of their calibers, but that's a thin chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It was ignorant because we haven't seen nearly enough of SS to determine if he's going to be a good coach or not.  So you don't have enough information (none of us do) yet to make that statement. :)