Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Saints

1959Colts

37 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Meh.  No drugs or alchohol?  

It so, just slow down kid and quit being stupid.  

For speeding?

Getting arrested makes some alarm bells go off. But if he was just speeding, no substances, no damage, no resisting arrest, then it's probably not going to be a big deal.

52 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the quote says Gus says he doesn’t anticipate it happening (moving Kenny) because of how well he’s playing the slot.  So I am guessing Gus was asked have you discussed moving Kenny?  Gus answered yes we have (as they probably have discussed all options) but we aren’t doing that.  I am guessing the guy who sent the tweet asked the question so he ran with the lead based on his question which was have you discussed this rather than what Gus really told them which is we aren’t doing that,

To be clear, the potential to move Kenny Moore is a small part of it. My real frustration is that I think we need to do something real to keep Baker off the field in critical situations, and it doesn't seem like that's going to happen right now.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Getting arrested makes some alarm bells go off. But if he was just speeding, no substances, no damage, no resisting arrest, then it's probably not going to be a big deal.

The NFL has no interest in this unless there is something else going on.

Any idea why he was arrested?  There must be more to the story, wouldn't you reckon?

14 minutes ago, AKB said:

just looked it up, its a misdemeanor, but sounds like a felony lol. 

Surprisingly. I’ll have to go read the actual IC code as charged, but typically anything over 22 mph over a speed limit is reckless driving, a low level felony, in MOST but NOT all states.  Some states it’s able for arrest at 15 mph over(Indiana for example)

keep in mind too, prosecutors can always bump it up or down as they see fit. Plus even if it were a felony, it’s a non violent one so he’ll be out on bond or bail soon. It’ll take at least 60 days to go to court on. 

Bottomline; he’s gonna play Sunday most likely 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

The NFL has no interest in this unless there is something else going on.

Any idea why he was arrested?  There must be more to the story, wouldn't you reckon?

See my above post. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

some counties have mandatory arrests on the wreckless classification. 

but it is up to the officer's discretion what they actually put the speed as. officer must've felt like he deserved it for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Surprisingly. I’ll have to go read the actual IC code as charged, but typically anything over 22 mph over a speed limit is reckless driving, a low level felony, in MOST but NOT all states. 

keep in mind too, prosecutors can always bump it up or down as they see fit. Plus even if it were a felony, it’s a non violent one so he’ll be out on bond or bail soon. It’ll take at least 60 days to go to court on. 

yes, this probably gets reduced. i think it is likely he plays, but I wouldn't rule out the slim chance he doesn't. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AKB said:

some counties have mandatory arrests on the wreckless classification. 

but it is up to the officer's discretion what they actually put the speed as. officer must've felt like he deserved it for whatever reason. 

yes, this probably gets reduced. i think it is likely he plays, but I wouldn't rule out the slim chance he doesn't. 

It’ll likely be a team decision. I don’t see the league getting involved for a traffic violation that didn’t hurt anyone. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

It’ll likely be a team decision. I don’t see the league getting involved for a traffic violation that didn’t hurt anyone. 

little off-topic, but what do you think about letting Madden call the penalties for future games? I mean the game is pretty consistent on being %. so at least we'd have consistency

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Surprisingly. I’ll have to go read the actual IC code as charged, but typically anything over 22 mph over a speed limit is reckless driving, a low level felony, in MOST but NOT all states.  Some states it’s able for arrest at 15 mph over(Indiana for example)

See my above post. 

Thanks CS.  I looked it up and it said he was weaving in and out of traffic too in a 2 block distance. 

Slow down kid.  (I wasn't much of a hot rodder, but I understand these young bucks like to hit that gas a time or two.)

59 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well the trade deadline is next week.  I have to think if Ballard really wanted to find one he could.  Not an all pro but a capable starter.

I meant as a free agent.  Yes, a trade would be a different story.  With that said I don’t think Ballard thinks this is a Super Bowl team so he’s more likely to let it ride and save those draft picks to get players that can be long term answers.  

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Thanks CS.  I looked it up and it said he was weaving in and out of traffic too in a 2 block distance. 

Slow down kid.  (I wasn't much of a hot rodder, but I understand these young bucks like to hit that gas a time or two.)

yeah, see, officer thought he deserved it. 

speeding on a wide open road a little different than driving dangerously. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

To be clear, the potential to move Kenny Moore is a small part of it. My real frustration is that I think we need to do something real to keep Baker off the field in critical situations, and it doesn't seem like that's going to happen right now.

That I can understand.  I think it’s because the Colts know their options are limited.  I don’t think they feel like any free agent they can bring in right now is going to be a major upgrade over Baker (and that’s not praise of Baker) and I don’t think Ballard is interested in trade for one because he views this as a short term issue because they expect Brents back and will get Flowers back next year and he doesn’t think this will be a Super Bowl season even if he makes a move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That I can understand.  I think it’s because the Colts know their options are limited.  I don’t think they feel like any free agent they can bring in right now is going to be a major upgrade over Baker (and that’s not praise of Baker) and I don’t think Ballard is interested in trade for one because he views this as a short term issue because they expect Brents back and will get Flowers back next year and he doesn’t think this will be a Super Bowl season even if he makes a move.

Also to be fair, Baker playing Sunday was an emergency situation. But he's probably gonna start on Sunday, and that's not good.

• Like 2

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/gm-report/jacksonville-jaguars-sign-former-houston-texans-2nd-rounder-ross-blacklock-to-practice-squad

Blacklock was selected in the second round (40th overall) by Houston in the 2020 NFL Draft. Since then, he has played 40 games including 11 with Minnesota during the 2022 season. Blacklock has posted 26 tackles, nine quarterback hits, five tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, and once forced fumble.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/gm-report/jacksonville-jaguars-sign-former-houston-texans-2nd-rounder-ross-blacklock-to-practice-squad

Blacklock was selected in the second round (40th overall) by Houston in the 2020 NFL Draft. Since then, he has played 40 games including 11 with Minnesota during the 2022 season. Blacklock has posted 26 tackles, nine quarterback hits, five tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, and once forced fumble.

This seems like it could be a nice pickup.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

corner would be nice too

rather have Tony Brown start

I bet we do something there by the trade deadline. We can’t go with what we have.  Vet would be nice but I would also be up for trading for a young guy who has already played and looked good.  That way they are already in football shape and can step in right away. Plus our schedule is so easy it would be a mistake for Ballard to not try and make a run this year at the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

So is Woods going to play at all this year. How many more weeks can he stay on the pup before he goes on IR. Either he’s a really slow healer or that was a serious hamstring injury.

He is on the IR right now. *Eligible to Return 

He's been in IR since cut downs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

My friend who’s not a Colts fan said Minshew looked like a shorter Wentz out there on last Sunday. Some good plays mixed him in with some bad plays and fumbles. That comparison was kinda on point lol.

Except Wentz only had 12 turnovers(7ints, 5 fumble lost) for the whole season.

Minshew has 8(4ints, 4 fumbles lost) in 2 weeks(hopefully he can clean it up)

Can see a little bit of similarities though.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, Superman said:

This is when I start getting frustrated. We need more players at corner, bottom line. Moving guys around isn't the answer. Moore is having a good season, but he doesn't play well on the outside. Baker gets cooked every time he plays; and I say that as someone who understood coming in that we were going to have ups and downs with a young secondary, but that doesn't mean we should just keep trotting out underperforming players.

The developmental secondary had some good stuff going. Flowers was playing well, and now he's hurt. Brents was up and down but showing some talent and ability, and he's hurt. Jaylon Jones is playing okay. Baker is basically our 6th option at outside corner, and it shows. He probably shouldn't be expected to play a role at corner anymore.

I'd really like to see us sign a veteran to help, or even make a reasonable trade for a guy. If they're seriously considering moving Moore to the outside rather than adding someone... yikes.

I agree so much!

At some point the disparity in talent between the injured starter and the backup (or the backup's backup's backup...) is so big it undermines parts of or the whole team. At that point it gets really difficult if not impossible to evaluate the team in my opinion.

Ballard needs to pull the trigger here and find a suitable veteran.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:12 PM, chad72 said:

Veteran help is the way to go. Sound assignment football, might come short against elite WRs but most of the time it should work. That is why I mentioned William Jackson III, CB, that the Steelers let go.

Or trade a 3rd rounder for Jaylon Jones from the Bears??

Ballard won't want to part with a 1st or 2nd rounder for a guy like Patrick Surtain.

But he might be fine with a 3rd rounder for Jaylon Jones from the Bears, so that is what I was thinking. The season could go down spiraling if we don't have quality bodies for CB.

Trading away our CBs seems counter productive when we need CBs?

11 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I agree so much!

At some point the disparity in talent between the injured starter and the backup (or the backup's backup's backup...) is so big it undermines parts of or the whole team. At that point it gets really difficult if not impossible to evaluate the team in my opinion.

Ballard needs to pull the trigger here and find a suitable veteran.

I think Rodney Thomas played some corner in college, maybe he'd get some reps this week, and put Nick Cross at safety.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think Rodney Thomas played some corner in college, maybe he'd get some reps this week, and put Nick Cross at safety.

It could be a short term answer, but would leave us really thin at safety.

I think I'd rather Ballard found the answer in a trade or by signing a free agent.

• Like 1