Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players to Watch for 2024 Draft

8 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I mean, it's possible, but are we really improving then? That would be a lateral move in my opinion.

Pittman may not be extremely flashy, but he gets the job done and we need a guy like him on the team. I don't think it's a problem to have some competition for targets. Our biggest issue is the guy who gets the most targets barely gets 10 yards per reception. We need to stretch the field more than that.

If you’re getting a guy who can do what Pittman can already do, but can also do what he can’t (take the top off the defense), then I think it’s a win. Remember that we have Downs who excels in the same areas Pittman does. Pierce is the deep threat guy but that’s all there is to his game.

My thinking is if you get a guy like Odunze, he can be a do it all receiver. He can line up anywhere and make plays. And if you support him with Downs and Pierce, you’d have a great receiving room. Also if we ever get a Jack Doyle level TE at the minimum, that helps even more. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If you’re getting a guy who can do what Pittman can already do, but can also do what he can’t (take the top off the defense), then I think it’s a win. Remember that we have Downs who excels in the same areas Pittman does. Pierce is the deep threat guy but that’s all there is to his game.

My thinking is if you get a guy like Odunze, he can be a do it all receiver. He can line up anywhere and make plays. And if you support him with Downs and Pierce, you’d have a great receiving room. Also if we ever get a Jack Doyle level TE at the minimum, that helps even more. 

Odunze would be a great pickup

He may get picked before us

Man, at first Franklin was the WR I wanted but Odunze is quickly becoming my new favorite. He’s really showing up against a great Michigan defense 

On 1/5/2024 at 11:51 AM, MikeCurtis said:

Odunze would be a great pickup

He may get picked before us

I think we would have to trade up to get him. 

• Like 1

I got my eye on Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M.  Long armed play maker.  Speed and Franklin are signed for one more year.  

I’m also thinking about a low-key WR addition in the draft.  I’m not convinced that Pierce can’t be a great piece if AR is dropping dimes to him from way out.  So, I’m watching Jalen McMillan in the 4th.  Or maybe Roman Wilson or Ainias Smith.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I got my eye on Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M.  Long armed play maker.  Speed and Franklin are signed for one more year.  

I’m also thinking about a low-key WR addition in the draft.  I’m not convinced that Pierce can’t be a great piece if AR is dropping dimes to him from way out.  So, I’m watching Jalen McMillan in the 4th.  Or maybe Roman Wilson or Ainias Smith.

LOVE Edgerrin Cooper to the Colts - Round 2 or 3

Or, I would be happy with any of these  in round 1

McKinstry - CB 

Nate Wiggens - CB

Cooper Dejean - CB

Latu - DE

There will be excellent WRs available in round 2 (If we dont draft Cooper)

One of 

D Walker

A Mitchell

X Worthy

X Legette

Troy Frankin

These are all defense stretchers

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 2:18 AM, NewColtsFan said:

For me…..

1.   DL

2.   WR

3.   IOL 

4.   CB

5.    LB

6.    DB

7.     RB

I believe Ballard will attempt to do in the 24 draft that he did in the 23 draft.  Lots of trading down and acquiring more picks. 

Maason Smith I hope is available. A Ballard special because he’s coming off an ACL tear. 

40 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Maason Smith I hope is available. A Ballard special because he’s coming off an ACL tear. 

Sorry, I don’t know who he is?   Way too early for me.   What position and who does he play for?   

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, I don’t know who he is?   Way too early for me.   What position and who does he play for?   

He plays at LSU and is a DT. Look him up. Again he needs to stay healthy in the pros. Would be nice learning from Buckner. Come back here after you’ve taken a look and please let me know what you think. 

• Like 1

I'd love for us to trade up a few spots and draft a blue chip WR like Odunze, but there are a few reason why I doubt it will happen:

- There is a strong likelihood that an excellent defensive player available at #15 at CB or DE

- There will be good WR (Z) options in the 2nd round

- Ballard doesn't like trading up, especially in the 1st round

I guess we will see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

I'd love for us to trade up a few spots and draft a blue chip WR like Odunze, but there are a few reason why I doubt it will happen:

- There is a strong likelihood that an excellent defensive player available at #15 at CB or DE 

Watch the tape on Cooper Dejean, he is 6 1 and 207.  He is big and fast, and hits like a LB as well as stifles the other teams WR1   Also watch Nate Wiggins, who mirrors the WR like they are tied at the hip. He is also a 4.3 40 guy with amazing speed   One or both would be available at 15.   Dejean would be my choice, but both would immediately improve this defense

4 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

- There will be good WR (Z) options in the 2nd round

- Ballard doesn't like trading up, especially in the 1st round

I guess we will see.

Agreed

I am leaning more and more to the Colts going with the best CB / DL available in round 1, even if Odunze is on the board.

With Stroud, with Lawrence, we are going to need players to combat the pass happy competitors

Brents is a rookie, that seems to have great upside for this defense, we have to have a CB on the other side as well that is tough to pass on.  We also can use another LB that can defend the pass and blitz when rarely called :(

We truly need a ball hawking FS to also make it tougher to pass on us.

On offense, we need to invest in a C/G in later rounds, but there should be MANY choices of WR at round 2

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Watch the tape on Cooper Dejean, he is 6 1 and 207.  He is big and fast, and hits like a LB as well as stifles the other teams WR1   Also watch Nate Wiggins, who mirrors the WR like they are tied at the hip. He is also a 4.3 40 guy with amazing speed   One or both would be available at 15.   Dejean would be my choice, but both would immediately improve this defense

Agreed

I am leaning more and more to the Colts going with the best CB / DL available in round 1, even if Odunze is on the board.

With Stroud, with Lawrence, we are going to need players to combat the pass happy competitors

Brents is a rookie, that seems to have great upside for this defense, we have to have a CB on the other side as well that is tough to pass on.  We also can use another LB that can defend the pass and blitz when rarely called :(

We truly need a ball hawking FS to also make it tougher to pass on us.

On offense, we need to invest in a C/G in later rounds, but there should be MANY choices of WR at round 2

The only issue I have with waiting for a WR in rd2 even if Odunze I'd there, is that any ol WR isn't going to move the needle on improving our WR room. In fact is say most of the Rd2 guys are gonna be hard pressed to even push Pierce for playing time. They would have to stretch a defense better than him for that.

It's really gonna be interesting who falls to us at 15. With all the qb's and tackles that deserve to be top 10 someone will he pushed down to us. Whether it's a WR, Bowers, or a DE. One of these that belongs in the top 10 will fall to us. A CB would he if they somehow didnt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KB said:

The only issue I have with waiting for a WR in rd2 even if Odunze I'd there, is that any ol WR isn't going to move the needle on improving our WR room. In fact is say most of the Rd2 guys are gonna be hard pressed to even push Pierce for playing time. They would have to stretch a defense better than him for that.

It's really gonna be interesting who falls to us at 15. With all the qb's and tackles that deserve to be top 10 someone will he pushed down to us. Whether it's a WR, Bowers, or a DE. One of these that belongs in the top 10 will fall to us. A CB would he if they somehow didnt.

Yeah I totally agree with your thoughts on getting a rd2 WR, how I see it is if we get a guy like Odunze if Pittman gets hurt he will be able to take over as WR1 and either find openings in zone coverage or flat out beat his man coverage. That's not even mentioning that him and Pittman are gonna be a problem when it comes to defensive matchups because they won't be able to take both of them away and not let Downs eat up the middle. 

I also just love the idea of Odunze getting the deep ball thrown to him by AR, because Odunze has great hands, good high pointing skill and ball tracking. Now we do need defensive talent but if Odunze is available, I think you draft him and go defense in the 2nd-4th rounds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah I totally agree with your thoughts on getting a rd2 WR, how I see it is if we get a guy like Odunze if Pittman gets hurt he will be able to take over as WR1 and either find openings in zone coverage or flat out beat his man coverage. That's not even mentioning that him and Pittman are gonna be a problem when it comes to defensive matchups because they won't be able to take both of them away and not let Downs eat up the middle. 

I also just love the idea of Odunze getting the deep ball thrown to him by AR, because Odunze has great hands, good high pointing skill and ball tracking. Now we do need defensive talent but if Odunze is available, I think you draft him and go defense in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Odunze is my rd 1 draft want. I live in Tacoma WA so I've been hearing about him and penix all year. Hawks fans that I know want Penix.

The biggest thing for me is to make sure Richardson has a plethora of weapons. The dude has a big arm, has shown the ability to have the pass be placed in the perfect place, and has superior pocket awareness. Let give him some blue-chip talent to pass to so he dosnt have to run all over the place. This is why I like Bowers at 15. He is only a TE and we need blockers, not receivers, at TE. He seems to be blue-chip to me as a pass catcher and that goes well with rookie QBs.

If nobody is there to provide a weapon for Richardson, then a DE has dropped. I'm not overly impressed but a swing at Verse and Turner is worth a shot. Latu and Chop I'm warry on. Chop has bust and I don't know if Latu will fit our current D.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KB said:

I understand the point, and who knows exactly how a WR in round 1 or round 2 will perform

Pierce seems to have great straight line speed, but seems a bit stiff in going to the ball.

I do believe that its 50/50 CB will trade back to get more picks

I would also ask if interested, to watch some tape on

Brian Thomas

Leggette

T Franklin

Dez Walker

AD Mitchell

X Worthy

These guys are all separation guys that are tough to cover and will force the FS to cover the top

THAT action alone, will keep the defenses from bringing up everyone to stop the run

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I understand the point, and who knows exactly how a WR in round 1 or round 2 will perform

Pierce seems to have great straight line speed, but seems a bit stiff in going to the ball.

I do believe that its 50/50 CB will trade back to get more picks

I would also ask if interested, to watch some tape on

Brian Thomas

Leggette

T Franklin

Dez Walker

AD Mitchell

X Worthy

These guys are all separation guys that are tough to cover and will force the FS to cover the top

THAT action alone, will keep the defenses from bringing up everyone to stop the run

I'm on the fence with some and havnt seen others. I will check them out. Thank you.

T Franklin is one that I would trade a few spots back and take. It would be really bad if he made it to the Texans or Chiefs.

1 hour ago, KB said:

I'm on the fence with some and havnt seen others. I will check them out. Thank you.

T Franklin is one that I would trade a few spots back and take. It would be really bad if he made it to the Texans or Chiefs.

Yep.  He is a blazer

19 hours ago, KB said:

I agree. The round 2 receivers are going to be names like Xavier Legette, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConky, Tez Walker and A.D. Mitchell (although he could sneak into the 1st round). Most of those guys have a similar skill set to Pierce. I think if you want a receiver who is the complete package (Speed, route running, 50/50 ball, etc… that’s in the 1st round.

I understand the thinking behind getting a guy like Bowers first but I’d rather get a guy like Rome and let TE figure itself out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WR > TE most definitely. It would have to be all receivers are gone and he looks better than the DEs available.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I agree. The round 2 receivers are going to be names like Xavier Legette, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConky, Tez Walker and A.D. Mitchell (although he could sneak into the 1st round). Most of those guys have a similar skill set to Pierce. I think if you want a receiver who is the complete package (Speed, route running, 50/50 ball, etc… that’s in the 1st round.

I understand the thinking behind getting a guy like Bowers first but I’d rather get a guy like Rome and let TE figure itself out.

Yeah, trading back is an absolute no for me.  We have a great chance of having Brian Thomas and Franklin falling to us.  And depending on how the draft goes, maybe even one of the top 3 WRs could fall.  We f we trade back, and depending on how far, you can expect the top 5 to be gone.  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, KB said:

WR > TE most definitely. It would have to be all receivers are gone and he looks better than the DEs available.

And by all receivers, that would mean MHJ, Nabers, Rome, Brian Thomas Jr., and Troy Franklin. For DEs Turner, Laitu, and Verse. Then I’d be comfortable taking Bowers. Bowers is good but he wouldn’t solve the inability to push the ball down field.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And by all receivers, that would mean MHJ, Nabers, Rome, Brian Thomas Jr., and Troy Franklin. For DEs Turner, Laitu, and Verse. Then I’d be comfortable taking Bowers. Bowers is good but he wouldn’t solve the inability to push the ball down field.

I'd take Bowers over Turner and Laitu. Laitu seems like a 3-4 edge from whatbive read, and I'm honestly not convinced on Thomas. I really think he is height weight speed prospect that benefitted from having Daniel's and Nabers on offense.

I would also take Bowers over T Franklin at 15 also. Franklin at 15 is a bit of a reach to me. At this point and time at least. He won't make it out of the first round but he isn't mid first rd in this draft. Likely candidate to rise post combine.

Verse and Turner are more projects imo. They'll need a year or two of development before making an impact or even be in the starting line up.

• Like 1

If there’s a guy at a position group that isn’t necessarily a major need, but to me is an elite underrated talent is Jackson Powers-Johnson. He’s the center at Oregon and he’s got it all. Size at 6’3” 320, athletic, cerebral (makes all the line calls), can get out in space, motor, power, etc… I’d honestly take him in the 2nd round. Ryan Kelly can’t play forever and is injured frequently. Way higher ceiling than Wesley French as well. Could start at center as well. He’ll be at the Senior Bowl. I like him as much as I liked John Michael-Schmitz last year.

This is a guy you draft now and play later.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, KB said:

I'd take Bowers over Turner and Laitu. Laitu seems like a 3-4 edge from whatbive read

I like Latu best of the DEs this draft. He may be more of a OLB type, but we play a lot of LEO who also plays outside the tackles. I think he could do that well. If not him, then Turner.

I would also take Bowers over T Franklin at 15 also. Franklin at 15 is a bit of a reach to me. At this point and time at least. He won't make it out of the first round but he isn't mid first rd in this draft. Likely candidate to rise post combine.

Verse and Turner are more projects imo. They'll need a year or two of development before making an impact or even be in the starting line up.

I'd take Bowers at 15 if Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Latu and Turner were gone. But, If that was the case I'd probably trade back before taking Bowers anyway.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I like Latu best of the DEs this draft. He may be more of a OLB type, but we play a lot of LEO who also plays outside the tackles. I think he could do that well. If not him, then Turner.

I'd take Bowers at 15 if Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Latu and Turner were gone. But, If that was the case I'd probably trade back before taking Bowers anyway.

I didn't think about the LEO part. With the stat you posted that had him at 4.7 makes me think he's to good to pass up. If he is that good tho, he won't make it to 15.

I agree that those people would have to be off the board before taking Bowers. Might even put Verse up there but Imma need to do some more homework on him. If we trade down I hope we then grab T Franklin. Steichan can scheme that speed up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB said:

I didn't think about the LEO part. With the stat you posted that had him at 4.7 makes me think he's to good to pass up. If he is that good tho, he won't make it to 15.

I agree that those people would have to be off the board before taking Bowers. Might even put Verse up there but Imma need to do some more homework on him. If we trade down I hope we then grab T Franklin. Steichan can scheme that speed up.

If Latu happens to have 60" arms and a RAS of 12 he's basically a lock, lol.

Kidding aside he looks like a solid pick right now. Will be reading all the draft reports I can find on him and watching him at the combine of course. Dunno if he's going to the Senior Bowl?

Verse (and Turner really) is worth watching as well.

I like Franklin too. I think I read he had some drop issues, but can't remember were I read it and can't seem to find it again.

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

If there’s a guy at a position group that isn’t necessarily a major need, but to me is an elite underrated talent is Jackson Powers-Johnson. He’s the center at Oregon and he’s got it all. Size at 6’3” 320, athletic, cerebral (makes all the line calls), can get out in space, motor, power, etc… I’d honestly take him in the 2nd round. Ryan Kelly can’t play forever and is injured frequently. Way higher ceiling than Wesley French as well. Could start at center as well. He’ll be at the Senior Bowl. I like him as much as I liked John Michael-Schmitz last year.

This is a guy you draft now and play later.

I agree - I’ve had him in my mock in the 3rd for some time.  I’d consider late 2nd if we do some trading back..,

• Like 2

Some early observations on players that are on our pre-combine Watch List:

THE RECEIVERS

Malik Nabers is an amazing receiver, who has world class ability to create separation.  He's smooth, can switch gears effortlessly, and will be a WR1 the moment he is drafted.  His downside?  His 6'0" height is less than what most teams want out of their WR1.  It will work against him as a downfield blocker.  And he will probably struggle with contested catches.  Still, he's easily a top-10 pick.  And depending on how he does at the combine, he could sneak into the top-5.

Rome Odunze is the opposite.  He's got measurables out the wazzoo.  He's amped up on athleticism.  He has a literal trail of sparkles streaming out behind him everywhere he goes on the football field.  His downside?  With his athleticism, he hasn't had to mine the ore of his talent as much.  His route tree needs work.  And he's going to be face to face with defensive backs who are just as athletic as he.  It's going to take time to bring out the rest of his game.  Especially if he's going to be an X or Z receiver.

Keon Coleman is a 6'4" 215# possession receiver.  He's big, bad, ugly, and mean.  Kinda reminds you of somebody else we all know and love, already on our roster.  He makes contested catches, and is violent after the grab.  Don't count on him to be your downfield speed guy.  He's the first down maker.

I'm gonna include TE Brock Bowers in the list of receivers.  Because that's his strength.  He's a great receiving tight end.  Highly productive.  Great routes.  And great hands.  His downside is at his size (6'4" 230#), he's gonna struggle as an in-line blocker.  He may be more of an H-Back than a complete TE.  Nothing wrong with that, given the immensity of his talent.  But it is something to consider.  Also, most of his production came during his first year when they were covering him with pure zone.  He's not done as well in matchup man.  Something for him to improve upon.

THE PASS RUSHERS

Laiatu Latu is kinda the opposite of a player already on our team.  Kwity Paye came out of Michigan as a talented run stopper, with the potential to learn how to pass rush.  Latu is a productive pass rusher, with the potential to learn how to play the run.  He should be productive right out of the gate.  But I would expect it would take time for the other side of his game to come up to snuff.  If it comes up to snuff.

Jared Verse came into Florida with a boatload of potential.  And has worked hard to try to unlock it.  He's got size, length, and athleticism.  My issue with him is that it hasn't yet all come together for him.  If you draft him, you're drafting on potential.  Right now, I wonder if he would be any better than Samson Ebukam.  He could be.  But it's still gonna take some work.

THE DEFENSIVE BACKS

Kool-Aid McKinstry is the best of the DB's this year, coming out of Alabama.  He's an extremely intelligent shut-down corner, long on leadership.  He takes your best receiver out of the game.  Period.  His downside?  He's not produced many turnovers.  Interceptions aren't his game.  He makes you not want to throw to his side of the field.  Rather than tease you into it, and make you pay for trying.

Nate Wiggins is an off-man, cover-3 corner.  Tailor made for Gus Bradley's defense.  He has quick feet, and great hands.  An absolute starter at outside corner.  His downside is that he's not all that physical, and has a history of drawing flags due to his play style.

Cooper DeJean is a smart, aggressive corner.  A willing and reliable tackler.  A brawler.  He would be great in a Cover-2 scheme, where the corners have to make the tackle in the flat without help.  He's not all that speedy, and may suffer when having to turn and run with NFL-caliber speed receivers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Keon Coleman is a 6'4" 215# possession receiver.  He's big, bad, ugly, and mean.  Kinda reminds you of somebody else we all know and love, already on our roster.  He makes contested catches, and is violent after the grab.  Don't count on him to be your downfield speed guy.  He's the first down maker.

I need to see how Coleman tests. I’ve been lower on him because PFF and others have pointed out how he didn’t gain a lot of separation this past season and also didn’t have elite production. 658 yards and 11 TDs with a 13.2 average is kind of pedestrian.

However he has an alpha build and mentality that you can’t teach. I also saw a guy on Twitter note that he shows some flashes of being able to get open at the intermediate levels of the field and that it’s really a question of how good he can be. They also had him returning punts and for a guy that may lack long speed, he certainly looked good out there.

Hes a big boom or bust pick. If he busts he could be Dorian Green-Beckham. If he booms he could be Mike Williams.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hambone35 said:

If Brock Bowers is available at 15 we would be dumb to pass on him.!!!

I don't disagree.  Personally, I would prefer Nabers or Odunze, since our greater offensive need is the Z receiver.  But I'm betting both will be gone by the time we choose at #15.  I would be good with Kool-Aid, but it feels kinda weird drafting DB, DB, DB, DB two years in a row.  I think a good argument can be made for drafting Bowers.  Mo Alie-Cox has reached his maximum potential, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to re-sign him.  Ogletree may or may not be back.  That leaves us with Woods, Granson, and Mallory.  One of them remains a developmental question mark, and the others are situational receivers that are not dominant.  If you're going to choose a Rare Air player at #15 that isn't a WR or a DB, then Bowers is your best bet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't disagree.  Personally, I would prefer Nabers or Odunze, since our greater offensive need is the Z receiver.  But I'm betting both will be gone by the time we choose at #15.  I would be good with Kool-Aid, but it feels kinda weird drafting DB, DB, DB, DB two years in a row.  I think a good argument can be made for drafting Bowers.  Mo Alie-Cox has reached his maximum potential, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to re-sign him.  Ogletree may or may not be back.  That leaves us with Woods, Granson, and Mallory.  One of them remains a developmental question mark, and the others are situational receivers that are not dominant.  If you're going to choose a Rare Air player at #15 that isn't a WR or a DB, then Bowers is your best bet.

We should dump Ogletree and Cox.

Ogletree is already injury prone, now has this legal issue. There's a reason why he was a 6th rounder and not a 2-3rd.

Cox will be 31 next season, has reached his prime, and we can also save some cap money by releasing him.

Bowers reminds me of Evan Engram. The only concern I have is that he plays the same position as Granson and Mallory. I would much rather prefer a WR, CB, DT, or LB with that pick.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:38 PM, smittywerb said:

Yeah, trading back is an absolute no for me.  We have a great chance of having Brian Thomas and Franklin falling to us.  And depending on how the draft goes, maybe even one of the top 3 WRs could fall.  We f we trade back, and depending on how far, you can expect the top 5 to be gone.  

The talking heads are saying Franklin will mid 2nd and Thomas at end of 1st

If they are your “guys”. That’s EXACTLY why you trade back from 15

I think we stand pat at 15 and get our CB of the future

• Like 1

There are some excellent WRs DBs and 2 top DEs I would be happy with

but

The 49rs the Ravens the Chiefs have great TEs as well

Watch Bowers.  The kid IS special 

And he played in-line quite a bit and he was a dominant blocker from what I saw

I don’t expect it but he wouldn’t be a bad choice

• Like 1

Taught I post some of my impressions of the WRs outside the top 3 (MHJ, Nabers Odunze).

Tier 2: Brian Thomas and Troy Franklin

I think these 2 will go in the second half of the first round. Both are blazers obviously, but have good refinement in their route running. I think I have Thomas slightly higher as he has a more compact frame. 

Tier 3: Dez Walker and AD Mitchell

I think these two go back of the first, start of the second. Both are really, good, I think you could put Walker in the second tier even, but maybe doesn't have the height/weight/speed as Thomas or Franklin, but he still has plenty nonetheless! Mitchell also has a high ceiling but he is a little inconsistent.

Tier 4: Keon Coleman, Xavier Leggette, Xavier Worthy

I dont know where to put Coleman to be honest. If he can run in the 4.4s, I'll put him in the tier above. But I'm just not sure will he succeed at the next level on contested catch ability alone. But as I said, if he has some vertical speed with that jump ball ability, then I could see him being a real problem in the next level. If we don't go WR in the first round, my bet would be Ballard drafts Leggette in the second. Not just because of measurables, but he comes across as a high character guy, 5th year senior who worked his way up the depth chart from the gunner to South Carolina's WR1. If he wasn't going to be 23yo when drafted he could be going higher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

My fear is that there will be a run on WRs in the first.  What are the reasons that Thomas would be an end of 1st receiver?  Is it because of team needs or talent?  Because if he’s rated higher than where hes projected to go, then I’d still be ok with getting him at 15 to make sure we get him.  

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

If possible, If we stay pat at 15 I wouldn’t mind trading back into the first to grab him if it won’t cost us much.  If we go WR and then get him that would give AR 2 young dynamic weapons to come back to in one draft. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

My fear is that there will be a run on WRs in the first.  What are the reasons that Thomas would be an end of 1st receiver?  Is it because of team needs or talent?  Because if he’s rated higher than where hes projected to go, then I’d still be ok with getting him at 15 to make sure we get him.  

Ultimately you may end up being right

But in a QB needy league you could actually see up to 5 QBs taken in round 1.

I could see us taking one of the 3 stud CBs at 15 or trading back to 22-25

I would think that one of the speedsters would still be on the board there, or a stud CB like Kamari Lassiter or Quinion Mitchell

These 2 are big and fast, strong tacklers 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:09 AM, Defjamz26 said:

There’s signs of some nuance there and the potential to do more with better coaching at the next level.

He looks good, but this is textbook Pittman stuff. I just don't see us taking Coleman if we keep Pittman. They are both Xs.

Now, if we let Pittman walk (and I think that's a big if) we could take a look at Coleman, but aren't we just right back at square one then?

• Like 2