Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline (MERGE)

sb41champs

Trade Deadline?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Colts Trade FOR a Player Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Colts TRADE a Player Away Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

The best Paye has done for total pressures is 39. Young had 42 his rookie season and he has 38 after 8 games this season...

A healthy Young is at least one level above Paye.

where do you see 42 pressures?

I see 24 on pro football reference which Paye had 16 his rookie year. Young honestly has underperformed compared to his drafted position.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounCh04.htm

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

where do you see 42 pressures?

I see 24 on pro football reference which Paye had 16 his rookie year. Young honestly has underperformed compared to his drafted position.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounCh04.htm

PFF premium grades. 42 total pressures (Sacks, Hits and Hurries) his rookie year.

He has, I don't dispute that, but we did not have to pay with the 2nd overall pick to get him. We could've gotten him for a 3rd rounder. Unlike Paye, Young has actually shown flashes of having a high level passrush skill-set. Paye hasn't at any point shown that - not in college, not in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Disappointed we have to watch this trashy secondary rest of season. Colts don’t have a chance after what we saw Sunday.  

Can we stop. SF is in a totally different place then colts.

John Lynch took over the 49ers in 2017. Same year Ballard took over the Colts. So their journeys are trajectories are comparable. Ballard did very little and Lynch built a dominant team.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

PFF premium grades. 42 total pressures (Sacks, Hits and Hurries) his rookie year.

He has, I don't dispute that, but we did not have to pay with the 2nd overall pick to get him. We could've gotten him for a 3rd rounder. Unlike Paye, Young has actually shown flashes of having a high level passrush skill-set. Paye hasn't at any point shown that - not in college, not in the NFL.

a third rounder and a huge payday for a player often injured and hasn't lived up to expectations.

edit: crazy how PFF and another site can have such wildly different numbers

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you realize how SF got the dline they have.? They had very high picks and sucked. 

Bosa was drafted top 3 overall, I know that. However, the difference is that the 49ers hit on their picks. They hit in the draft and hit in trades. We got Buckner from them in a trade. We missed on a bunch of D-Line players early in Ballards tenure. Paye and Dayo might be hits. Grover was a hit in 2017. They still put a lot into their D-Line, and they continue to buy them whenever possible. 

BTW, I didn't want D-Line. I wanted Jaylon Johnson or Rasul Douglas, or just sell Moss. None of the D-Lineman bother me, I just think Lynch is a superior GM.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

John Lynch took over the 49ers in 2017. Same year Ballard took over the Colts. So their journeys are trajectories are comparable. Ballard did very little and Lynch built a dominant team.

But he drafted Ben Banogu over AJ Brown and we got that going for us, which is nice. 

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

a third rounder and a huge payday for a player often injured and hasn't lived up to expectations.

edit: crazy how PFF and another site can have such wildly different numbers

We could have gotten him as an 8-game rental and taken it from there. Young does have a big payday coming up, but he's a proven talent at a position Ballard has whiffed at an embarrassing amount of times.

The numbers may vary from site to site, but it's rare it changes the outcome - Young still had more pressures than Paye.

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

We could have gotten him as an 8-game rental and taken it from there. Young does have a big payday coming up, but he's a proven talent at a position Ballard has whiffed at an embarrassing amount of times.

The numbers may vary from site to site, but it's rare it changes the outcome - Young still had more pressures than Paye.

We could have traded for Young, paid him, and traded down a few spots in the first round to get our third back. So easy even an armchair GM can do it! lol.

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

French was pretty good when filling in for Kelly.

? Lol.

As in like the 2nd worst Center in the league?

Literally has a 41.1 grade and ranked 37/38 of all Centers.

He played like trash.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

French was pretty good when filling in for Kelly.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

? Lol.

As in like the 2nd worst Center in the league?

Literally has a 41.1 grade and ranked 37/38 of all Centers.

He played like trash.

The Oline was NOTICABLY better when Kelly came back. French is at best a backup and not a player we ABSOLUTELY need to hang on to.

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

So idk what PFF numbers are but on Pro football reference Paye had a better second year (granted he played 3 more games than Young) and now we are in Paye's third year which we can't compare because Young really didn't play his third year. So while Young had a good year his rookie year, he really hasn't done much since, so because of that I'm okay not trading a third for an 8 game rental and possibly not getting him back during FA.

Bradley was asked about speed today. He said they are trying to get him up on the defense. He seemed to like him a lot. Maybe he sees action Sunday.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

The Oline was NOTICABLY better when Kelly came back. French is at best a backup and not a player we ABSOLUTELY need to hang on to.

Who will play center if Kelly gets hurt?  Pinter got hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bradley was asked about speed today. He said they are trying to get him up on the defense. He seemed to like him a lot. Maybe he sees action Sunday.

Who will play center if Kelly gets hurt?  Pinter got hurt. 

Jack Anderson 

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Let's sit back and look at what Chase Young is.

He's in the final year of his rookie contract.

His history:

2020 - 15 games played / 15 games started / 7.5 sacks / 44 tackles / 10 tackles for loss

2021 - 9 games played / 9 games started / 1.5 sacks / 26 tackles / 3 tackles for loss

2022 - 3 games played / 2 games started / 0 sacks / 5 tackles / 0 tackles for loss

2023 - 7 games played / 6 games started / 5 sacks / 15 tackles / 6 tackles for loss

Chase Young is more about his potential than about his past performance.  He was injured.  A lot.  Yes, he made the pro bowl his rookie year.  Yes, he's playing will this year.  And if he continues to play well, he's gonna want a big, fat contract next year.

But the bottom line is, there's a risk involved.  Do you want to give a guy with a history of injury a great big contract?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  We don't know if CB even made an offer.  It's possible he may have.  It's also possible that the R**skins may have taken the 49'ers' offer simple to give their player a better landing place than our team.

Hes only had 1 injury and it was a torn ACL which is why he missed 7 games in 2022 and 14 games last year

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

So idk what PFF numbers are but on Pro football reference Paye had a better second year (granted he played 3 more games than Young) and now we are in Paye's third year which we can't compare because Young really didn't play his third year. So while Young had a good year his rookie year, he really hasn't done much since, so because of that I'm okay not trading a third for an 8 game rental and possibly not getting him back during FA.

Young's problem isn't a lack os production, it's injuries. When he's healthy he's better than Paye. Paye's problem is he's not a passrusher - he's an edge-setter. We needed a passrusher when we drafted Paye, instead we've got a player with the kind of talent you can find later in the draft.

Young had a good rookie year and after 8 games this season he's matched or exceeded what Paye has done in his best full season. That's a good enough reason to spend a 3rd rounder on a premium position where we sorely need the talent, to me at least.

Again, we'll not agree on this. Good talk though, geniunely mean that. :thmup:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

People expecting a big trade were kidding themselves.  We go through this every year and all the time Ballard has been here he’s made one trade at the deadline,  last year when he acquired Moss and that was fueled by Hines wanting out.

I personally was expecting them to move Moss. That was about it. 

Keeping him proves nothing and we get nothing for him in return. We have Trey Sermon who is capable should JT go down especially on a team who isn't playoff bound or at least shouldn't be.

This was the biggest blunder Imo, and if we somehow try to resign him in the off-season, then truly Ballard needs to be nixed, if not before seasons end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

People expecting a big trade were kidding themselves.  We go through this every year and all the time Ballard has been here he’s made one trade at the deadline,  last year when he acquired Moss and that was fueled by Hines wanting out.

I agree, and I didn't expect a trade. But, after 8 years of no improvement you kinda hope he'd revise his approach.