Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Like I posted earlier in the other thread. If this had been Ar Today you chalk it up to being a rookie. You can accept the loss watching him play. He makes games fun win or lose. This is not going to be a fun team.

I’ve had plenty of fun watching this team this year and Richardson has played less than half the offensive snaps.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You aren’t in the locker room and have no way to know that.  You are projecting your frustration about today into something you want to be true because you are mad.

Nope you can see it. Plus you would here stories. I have not like the leadership from this team in awhile. This isn’t a new thing for me. Ballard even admitted that a few years back. He mentioned need more accountability from the leaders. 

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nope you can see it. Plus you would here stories. I have not like the leadership from this team in awhile. This isn’t a bad thing for me. Ballard even admitted that a few years back. He mentioned need more accountability from the leaders. 

No you wouldn’t and good teams don’t air their dirty laundry, they keep it in the locker room.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You would hear if players were holding each other accountable. The stories would be our there.

No you wouldn’t.  Players don’t make it public knowledge when they get after each other.  You don’t show up teammates like that.  Again, you aren’t in the locker room you have no way of knowing what goes on in there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah lots of crazy overreactions boarding on flat out panic.  Maybe I am taking it better because I just didn’t see the Colts winning this game to start with.  It doesn’t mean I didn’t see some flat out fails and have pointed those out but it’s one game on the road against a pretty good team that just has your number at their place.  Frankly I have a feeling we will see more of these before the year is over because this is what happens to young teams finding their way.  I also know there are going to be good days in there too.

I took it bad because I finally saw in real time Steichen start with a bad gameplan (rely on minshew to pass the ball), fail to use the gameplan effectively, lie that he would use a more effective gameplan when it didn't work (establish the run) at the half, fail to use that gameplan and continue to turn the ball over, and finally, ride that gameplan all the way to end of the game when it was the only right time to use that gameplan (down 15 with 4:30 remaining). 

Not only is Steichen a liar, but he's a low intelligence coach who couldn't recognize his qb was getting destroyed and didn't A.) Change QBs or B.) run the ball with two solid RBs and see what happened. So it was also a spit in the face to Taylor (who you just paid) and Moss (who just dominated the Titans last week). 

Finally, after seeing this, I realized we were going to be stuck with this guy for probably a few years. He's literally a younger Reich clone, and I have no interest in that circus again. This year is over if Richardson is out the entire year, and I have to have "delayed gratification" again to see a QB that we drafted actually perform for us. 

Absolute garbage, and the worst part is people gave me crap for this before the game for not wanting to watch, I watch, and this is the product that my time is spent on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I took it bad because I finally saw in real time Steichen start with a bad gameplan (rely on minshew to pass the ball), fail to use the gameplan effectively, lie that he would use a more effective gameplan when it didn't work (establish the run) at the half, fail to use that gameplan and continue to turn the ball over, and finally, ride that gameplan all the way to end of the game when it was the only right time to use that gameplan (down 15 with 4:30 remaining). 

Not only is Steichen a liar, but he's a low intelligence coach who couldn't recognize his qb was getting destroyed and didn't A.) Change QBs or B.) run the ball with two solid RBs and see what happened. So it was also a spit in the face to Taylor (who you just paid) and Moss (who just dominated the Titans last week). 

Finally, after seeing this, I realized we were going to be stuck with this guy for probably a few years. He's literally a younger Reich clone, and I have no interest in that circus again. This year is over if Richardson is out the entire year, and I have to have "delayed gratification" again to see a QB that we drafted actually perform for us. 

Absolute garbage, and the worst part is people gave me crap for this before the game for not wanting to watch, I watch, and this is the product that my time is spent on. 

Thank you for proving my point.

This was going to be a learning year period.  Maybe get lucky and win division and make playoffs.  Is it frustrating when you see some potential, yes.  This should not be a surprise and why people are going off the rails I don't get it.  If you can't at least find some bright spots then you should probably find a new sport or team.  Football is truly an any given Sunday.  You beat the best and lose to the worst.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm trying to give a reasonable explanation of why I feel the way I do. You're just trying to tear down anyone who doesn't feel "it's one game" or "everything will be okay". You're smarter than this. You can recognize patterns. We've been down this road before as Colts fans. Things are not ok. The same thing happened with Grigson and Reich, how did that turn out? Steichen is the spitting image of Reich and yet most people here think things will be different this time. Can anyone recognize the past and learn from it?

Things are not ok. Our franchise rookie QB is probably out for the year. We have a backup that plays like today, a coach that can't adjust his gameplans, and a GM that has been exposed. We have the right to be upset. Our franchise QB is entering that territory where he's becoming injury prone and his development is set back. Now is an ok time to panic. We have no clarity this year on if this team can compete. It's a wasted year at best, and Richardson's development could set him back another year at worst.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shepman said:

This was going to be a learning year period.  Maybe get lucky and win division and make playoffs.  Is it frustrating when you see some potential, yes.  This should not be a surprise and why people are going off the rails I don't get it.  If you can't at least find some bright spots then you should probably find a new sport or team.  Football is truly an any given Sunday.  You beat the best and lose to the worst.  

The point is although it was a learning year it was supposed to be with Richardson. Waste of a season most likely.

• Like 1

Dear God…

Steichen is a rookie head coach and yet we’re demanding him to instantly be Andy Reid. 

Frick. Reid wasn’t instantly successful either his first time. In fact, most coaches fail at the beginning. 

All this vomit posting is nauseating. God bless you people and your misery. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Dear God…

Steichen is a rookie head coach and yet we’re demanding him to instantly be Andy Reid. 

Frick. Reid wasn’t instantly successful either his first time. In fact, most coaches fail at the beginning. 

All this vomit posting is nauseating. God bless you people and your misery. 

I literally said in the gamethread at halftime that not abandoning the run will determine if Steichen is an intelligent coach or not. What happens? We get into the 2nd half, he abandons the run, and we lose by 17. I'm not a professional coach or a rookie coach. I'm an armchair coach, and I exposed him without hindsight in the gameday thread. You'd figure he would be smarter than me, but I guess not.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I literally said in the gamethread at halftime that not abandoning the run will determine if Steichen is an intelligent coach or not. What happens? We get into the 2nd half, he abandons the run, and we lose by 17. I'm not a professional coach or a rookie coach. I'm an armchair coach, and I exposed him without hindsight in the gameday thread. You'd figure he would be smarter than me, but I guess not.

:facepalm: God bless you…

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm trying to give a reasonable explanation of why I feel the way I do. You're just trying to tear down anyone who doesn't feel "it's one game" or "everything will be okay". You're smarter than this. You can recognize patterns. We've been down this road before as Colts fans. Things are not ok. The same thing happened with Grigson and Reich, how did that turn out? Steichen is the spitting image of Reich and yet most people here think things will be different this time. Can anyone recognize the past and learn from it?

Things are not ok. Our franchise rookie QB is probably out for the year. We have a backup that plays like today, a coach that can't adjust his gameplans, and a GM that has been exposed. We have the right to be upset. Our franchise QB is entering that territory where he's becoming injury prone and his development is set back. Now is an ok time to panic. We have no clarity this year on if this team can compete. It's a wasted year at best, and Richardson's development could set him back another year at worst.

Not in the slightest.  If you want to panic you go right ahead.  Myself and no one else is going to stop you from doing it.  You did prove my point that people are way over reacting and panicking though and if that’s what you want to do go for it.  Just don’t be upset when people label it for what it is.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not in the slightest.  If you want to panic you go right ahead.  Myself and no one else is going to stop you from doing it.  You did prove my point that people are way over reacting and panicking though and if that’s what you want to do go for it.  Just don’t be upset when people label it for what it is.  

Fine. Then you have no right to be disappointed when we lose this year with Minshew because all this is just "growing pains" for Steichen, and "a learning process". I've seen this movie before, and it didn't have a happy ending.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don’t think there is no clarity. Even though Richardson only played a short time I think we got clarity on him and he is the guy. He is also way farther along then anyone expected. Yea it will hurt his development some bur it do r be that bad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Steichen is not Reich.

As colt fans I think we are just plain tired. Tired of everything happening  against this team. When will we have our turn at good fortune. Right now there doesn’t seem to be any light at the dns. Until Richardson can prove next year he can stay healthy and colts can win games I think we have the right to feel down about this organization. It’s the same thing over and over. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aaron86 said:

If you were hoping for a playoff run or even to just make the playoffs with a rookie QB and HC. You set yourself up for this disappointment. Sure making the playoffs would be sweet but at least be realistic. 

all gms should have the mindset to build their roster to win it all each season, in todays nfl rebuilding mode and preparing for next season is a losers game. putting a roster together each season is like a game of which gm can assemble the best talent to play together with a desire to win it all or at least make the playoffs each season. the only season that counts is this season. ballard is giving it his all to make the playoffs this season. injuries happen to all teams, we lost ar so our head coach needs to find a way to use our strongest weapons to win. we have 2 top rbs who can be used to be a force with either of our 2 qbs to make the playoffs and our gm can add talent to help our backup qbs. dont give up hope we have the talent to make the playoffs. i believe ballards job is on the line to make the playoffs and he will get the talent help to do it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As colt fans I think we are just plain tired. Tired of everything happening  against this team. When will we have our turn at good fortune. Right now there doesn’t seem to be any light at the dns. Until Richardson can prove next year he can stay healthy and colts can win games I think we have the right to feel down about this organization. It’s the same thing over and over. 

I am not tired.  I am disappointed that Richardson got hurt for sure and think that’s going to be a major step backwards with their plan but I am encouraged that they finally have a long term plan and it appears to be working outside of Richardson getting hurt.  Still I look forward to seeing what the other young guys can do and develop.  This team is much better than last years team even with Minshew.  Do I think they are going to have some great season?  No I don’t.  frankly I’d be surprised if they make the playoffs but I never expected that to start with.  Still I understand the Colts more or less hit the reset button after last season and it’s going to take sometime for it all to come together,  this is part of the journey.  Like I said, the one huge disappointment and major concern is the Richardson injury.  Still I find promise in this team for the future and it’s fun seeing these guys starting to figure stuff out as opposed to last year where they had no future and were just circling the drain all year.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Except they have looked good when Minshew has been in there before today.  They hadn’t been credited with giving up sack going into today and since Minshew had played almost 50% of the snaps going into today you can’t say is all because of Richardson.  Look I know you like Richardson and want him to do well, we all do, but he is not the Colts only good player who does good things.

Minshew looked good because  he came off the bench. The Ravens game was luck

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They beat the Texans already this year without Richardson for the bulk of the game.  They are getting things figured out.  Worth remembering the Colts are a young team.  Days like today are part of figuring it out, it’s just not the fun part.

Texans are probably  winning  the rematch 

All the doom and gloom, and the colts are a playoff contender 1/3 into the season. Two loses were to a team some thought might have a chance at the sb. Won at Baltimore, that will probably win their division. People saying the coach is awful, well how’s that great coach in New England doing without a hall of fame qb? How many coaches are consistent winners without a top qb? If the colts can stay in the playoff race without a top qb, the team and organization has done a good job.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Your still an arm chair coach, he is still smarter then you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The point is although it was a learning year it was supposed to be with Richardson. Waste of a season most likely.

Man I see your Tweets to JMV about being overly harsh in his criticisms of the team. 

And yet here you are.  Over the freaking top - both ways. I’ve never seen someone so frequently on both sides of an issue. Do you get tired from all the waffling?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Weird:

Alec Pierce is Pierre Garcon reincarnated. You can't throw him easy passes or he'll drop them. Then he'll turn around and make super hard catches. 

Good: 

Run defense was good

Downs and Pittman looked good for the most part 

3 sacks on Lawrence 

Bad:

Not running the ball was infuriating and unbelievable

Can someone tell Gus, he needs to BLITZ waaaaay more often please? 

Minshew's dink and dunk finally caught up to him 

The O-line played poorly 

Jaylon Jones looks like Cassius Vaughn out there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Umm...I thought you were not interested, not going to watch. You were going to gamble instead. Do yourself a favor and stop watching...or watch your Broncos.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

But in your own words, you were not going to get upset if the team lost games this year. Nothing was going to bother you. Hmmm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think I need to stop watching the locker room interviews after games. There is too much oh shucks we lost from our leaders. No fire at all. No anger. It’s going to take some time for Steichen to change this culture. Plus we need better leaders. More video leaders.

What  on earth is a video leader?

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

:facepalm: It's always fun to come on this site after a game , win or lose. It's more fun than Saturday Night Live or Seinfeld. You can't make this up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Weird:

Alec Pierce is Pierre Garcon reincarnated. You can't throw him easy passes or he'll drop them. Then he'll turn around and make super hard catches. 

Good: 

Run defense was good

Downs and Pittman looked good for the most part 

3 sacks on Lawrence 

Bad:

Not running the ball was infuriating and unbelievable

Can someone tell Gus, he needs to BLITZ waaaaay more often please? 

Minshew's dink and dunk finally caught up to him 

The O-line played poorly 

Jaylon Jones looks like Cassius Vaughn out there

Jags threw for less than 200.

Jones was ok  Juju had problems.

Rematch division game against a good coach. They exposed Minshews weaknesses and tore up our o-line minus Smith.. And exposed our back seven zone. Phugly!

7 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

all gms should have the mindset to build their roster to win it all each season, in todays nfl rebuilding mode and preparing for next season is a losers game. putting a roster together each season is like a game of which gm can assemble the best talent to play together with a desire to win it all or at least make the playoffs each season. the only season that counts is this season. ballard is giving it his all to make the playoffs this season. injuries happen to all teams, we lost ar so our head coach needs to find a way to use our strongest weapons to win. we have 2 top rbs who can be used to be a force with either of our 2 qbs to make the playoffs and our gm can add talent to help our backup qbs. dont give up hope we have the talent to make the playoffs. i believe ballards job is on the line to make the playoffs and he will get the talent help to do it.

This season is going to be a pass for Ballard. Sure we have some good talent and could make the playoffs. But I am looking for growth on all aspects of the team. If we win then sweet but my hopes were never that high this season. All I'm saying is keep expectations real. All this doom and gloom, the sky is falling is just a overreaction. 

• Like 1