Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s interesting to me that you find it amazing that athletes make a lot of money.  Since you say you date back to Unitas, I’m surprised at that view.   Fans don’t pay big money to watch owners play, we pay to watch the worlds best athletes, no matter the sport. 

FWIW….   Im glad athletes have agents.  I’m glad they have a union.  I’m glad they make their fair share of the pie.  I would never want it any other way.  

I get your point but I’ll keep my response, as is. 
I’ll keep buying Colts merchandise to help pay the athletes and not the owners, as you put it. 

Go, Johnny Unitas!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t believe the agent posted the number.   Agents rarely do that.   I think everyone else in the media posted the rumor attributed to the agent. 

FWIW:  the number makes no sense at all.  Not even a little.   It would be helpful if the agent or Taylor himself denied the number. 

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

His agent never posted a number.   

X/Twitter has become full of faux NFL reporters since the Musk takeover. There's tons of false information being spread all over the place fanning flames. It's getting very Facebook esque these days...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

X/Twitter has become full of faux NFL reporters since the Musk takeover. There's tons of false information being spread all over the place fanning flames. It's getting very Facebook esque these days...

That was happening long before Musk bought it.   

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We have neither at this time lol. Taylor is an elite runner but I think hi poor pass blocking and average pass catching leaves him out of the elite rb class

But he is a force at running and approached 2000 yards.rushing.two.seasons ago. If AR5 isn't elite then that's more reason to have JT.

Bottom line is the colts.are.better with him than without him.

54 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

To be clear, my post was in response to a member who stated the agent himself tweeted out the figure.  

And I also understand that there are now tons of faux NFL reporters out there.   I’ve been trying to convince some of our more active posters who share every Colts related tweet that some of them are not worth sharing….  

Oh well….      :giveup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear, my post was in response to a member who stated the agent himself tweeted out the figure.  

And I also understand that there are now tons of faux NFL reporters out there.   I’ve been trying to convince some of our more active posters who share every Colts related tweet that some of them are not worth sharing….  

Oh well….      :giveup:

Yeah I was agreeing with you and supporting you. It seems pretty rare for agents to be forthcoming on their client's demands to the public. Best to keep everything in house until a deal is made. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Now that you can purchase yourself a verified label on twitter, it's probably a bit easier to pretend your someone of repute.

That's the main issue. As soon as a blue check mark was available for anyone to buy instead of being actual verification of that account, it's so much easier for non-legitimate sources to appear more legitimate.

For example, the guy that posted the $20M piece, I can't find any information about him or the veracity of his statements. If you look at his feed, it reads just like anyone else commenting his personal opinion about different NFL related stories. Hardly an insider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:  the number makes no sense at all.  Not even a little.   It would be helpful if the agent or Taylor himself denied the number

It does make sense from their perspective. All the top players at the following positions make $20m or more:

QB

WR

OT

OG

DE

DT

LB

CB

RB($15-$16m), TE($17m), C($13-$14m) and S($19m) only positions besides kickers, to have top player under $20m. 

Why wouldn't they think they should get that too? Trying to reset the market for RBs also, $16m doesn't really reset the market.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

This is the only place I kind find mentioning 20 million..  far from credible 

His account says he has a PHD in Thuganomics...

However I don't think the post that they are asking for $20m is some out of this world proposition.

See post above.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

It does make sense from their perspective. All the top players at the following positions make $20m or more:

QB

WR

OT

OG

DE

DT

LB

CB

RB($15-$16m), TE($17m), C($13-$14m) and S($19m) only positions besides kickers, to have top player under $20m. 

Why wouldn't they think they should get that too? Trying to reset the market for RBs also, $16m doesn't really reset the market.

The running back market is badly shrinking.  $16m is the top.   $20 mill isn’t a reset, $17 mill would be a reset.  Typically when a player becomes the highest paid at their position, it’s by a margin of $500k to $1m per year.  For example, that’s what’s happening in the QB market right now.  

And you want to legitimize a $4m bump in a shrinking market?!?   It wouldn’t even be acceptable to me if the market was still expanding.   To me, $20 mill is a crazy number.   

If true (and I hope it’s not) if the agent told JT he was going to get him $20, then I'm sorry JT hired him.  It’s not realistic.  That number should’ve been a red-flag for JT as just not logical or reasonable and would only inflame relations with the Colts.   Now if that was JTs goal, to get the Colts attention, that’s an entirely different matter. 

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

His account says he has a PHD in Thuganomics...

However I don't think the post that they are asking for $20m is some out of this world proposition.

See post above.

There's only one doctor of thuganomics and you can't see him.

*trumpets blare*

Just general rule of thumb I know we have some posters who like to post anything they see on twitter if it’s Colts related and I am not attacking them for that but if it doesn’t come from a legit news source like ESPN of a known Colts beat writer like Holder or Chappell I’d be real careful about taking it as unquestionable fact.  There are a lot of wanna be NFL insiders on twitter who just want attention.  I almost look at blue check marks in reverse now.  Legit media outlets don’t pay for one so if a person has one it sends red flags up for me.  Just a tip.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The running back market is badly shrinking.  $16m is the top.   $20 mill isn’t a reset, $17 mill would be a reset.  Typically when a player becomes the highest paid at their position, it’s by a margin of $500k to $1m per year.  For example, that’s what’s happening in the QB market right now.  

And you want to legitimize a $4m bump in a shrinking market?!?   It wouldn’t even be acceptable to me if the market was still expanding.   To me, $20 mill is a crazy number.   

If true (and I hope it’s not) if the agent told JT he was going to get him $20, then I'm sorry JT hired him.  It’s not realistic.  That number should’ve been a red-flag for JT as just not logical or reasonable and would only inflame relations with the Colts.   Now if that was JTs goal, to get the Colts attention, that’s an entirely different matter. 

What are you talking about?

I'm not justifying a bump to $20m. Like you need to tell me the RB market is shrinking, I've been saying it was self correcting itself since May. 

Not even sure how you came up with that, but what would a day be without you using your little cute confused emoji.

Que your sad emoji.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

There are a lot of wanna be NFL insiders on twitter who just want attention.  I almost look at blue check marks in reverse now.  Legit media outlets don’t pay for one so if a person has one it sends red flags up for me.  Just a tip.  

The blue check thing is weird. For a while at least, Twitter was granting free blue checks to certain well-known posters, maybe in an attempt to legitimize the idea of paying for one. Some of those users spoke out and made it known that they didn't pay, or request a blue check. I don't know if anything changed on that front.

Anyway, that platform has definitely changed in the last few years, and will apparently continue to do so. It's always been a mess, but I had at least become used to the kind of mess it was. Now it's a different kind of mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just general rule of thumb I know we have some posters who like to post anything they see on twitter if it’s Colts related and I am not attacking them for that but if it doesn’t come from a legit news source like ESPN of a known Colts beat writer like Holder or Chappell I’d be real careful about taking it as unquestionable fact.  There are a lot of wanna be NFL insiders on twitter who just want attention.  I almost look at blue check marks in reverse now.  Legit media outlets don’t pay for one so if a person has one it sends red flags up for me.  Just a tip.  

Who takes it as fact. It’s just info that can create conversation. Everyone can make their own mind up if they want to believe it or not.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

What are you talking about?

I'm not justifying a bump to $20m. Like you need to tell me the RB market is shrinking, I've been saying it was self correcting itself since May. 

Not even sure how you came up with that, but what would a day be without you using your little cute confused emoji.

Que your sad emoji.

Huh? 

You have multiple posts saying $20 million is NOT an unreasonable request.   You gave a long explanation of showing why it’s a reasonable request.    Now your second sentence in this post is that you’re NOT trying to justify.   Huh?    One of your posts to me came after I called it crazy and you said it wasn’t crazy. 

Now you’re saying you understand and you’re not trying to justify.   There’s been a breakdown or misunderstanding here.   What am I not understanding?  

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who takes it as fact. It’s just info that can create conversation. Everyone can make their own mind up if they want to believe it or not.

You mean like all these posts saying Taylor wants $20 million a year because someone tweeted his agent said so?  Maybe Taylor does want $20 million I don’t know but no one knows it as fact yet it was being treated as such until Jvan questioned it and it was shown it wasn’t fact.  That was the point. 

As for people wanting to believe it or not that’s up to them.  I just offered advice to try to tell legit sources from not legit source to help them figure it out.  

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:  the number makes no sense at all.  Not even a little.   It would be helpful if the agent or Taylor himself denied the number. 

Perhaps Taylor and his agent have not denied the 20m number because that is the number they want.

Hmmmmm......???

On 8/7/2023 at 7:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

@Superman    @NFLfan  

I think we don't have to give a reaction to every comment we disagree with. If one disagrees, one can say why but it is important not to attack each other. People get emotional and attack each other even when they don't intend to do it.

There are several people whose comments leave me baffled but I rarely give confused or sad reactions, as the reactions don't really explain what I find confusing or sad. So, I prefer not to use them. I use the Thank You and the Like reactions. I use the HaHa one mostly with those I know or if something is clearly funny (like some gifs).

Hopefully everyone will get along. This place is better when there are many different viewpoints, thoughts and opinions.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:07 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Huh? 

You have multiple posts saying $20 million is NOT an unreasonable request.   You gave a long explanation of showing why it’s a reasonable request.    Now your second sentence in this post is that you’re NOT trying to justify.   Huh?    One of your posts to me came after I called it crazy and you said it wasn’t crazy. 

Now you’re saying you understand and you’re not trying to justify.   There’s been a breakdown or misunderstanding here.   What am I not understanding?  

I said it makes sense from their perspective, to think that. Not me.

While listing reasons why they probably feel that way. 8 of 12 position groups have surpassed $20m a season. They want to be the next group to pass the number.

Everyone knows the running backs market is bad. You know, that I know that as well after 3 months of saying so. You've read/ responded to plenty of it.

You just do what you do. Act confused and get sad when you get called on it.

Like any rational person would think $20m for a running back is a reasonable request. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I have not been following much NFL news today and was not aware of JT's new contract demands. Is he requesting $20 million per year? If so, I think that is unrealistic.

It was reported a few days ago by someone on Twitter that his agent said that’s what he wants.  That’s the most I’ve seen on it.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

The blue check thing is weird. For a while at least, Twitter was granting free blue checks to certain well-known posters, maybe in an attempt to legitimize the idea of paying for one. Some of those users spoke out and made it known that they didn't pay, or request a blue check. I don't know if anything changed on that front.

Anyway, that platform has definitely changed in the last few years, and will apparently continue to do so. It's always been a mess, but I had at least become used to the kind of mess it was. Now it's a different kind of mess.

I’ve never been on Twitter, but Musk said in interviews that he uses the blue check to show that an actual person posted. Musk has said thatPrior to him buying Twitter,  during Election time and during Covid that almost half of the postings were Bots, and not by an actual human. Made to look like far more posters had an opinion than actually did.  He did this to get actual numbers and force the fakers off his product.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok….  Let’s address one of the elephants in the room.    I used a couple of confused emoji’s and you didn’t seem to like it and then added “cue the sad emoji”. 

Apparently, you, a moderator, don’t like some of the emojis.  How about we do away with the sad emoji and the confused emoji.   Remove them as options.  And then add a rule that you can only use the laughing emoji when someone has cracked a joke that’s NOT at a posters expense.  So we can all laugh WITH one another, but we can’t laugh AT one another.  

This might cutdown on many of the hurt feelings the three yellow emoji’s seem to create.   Does this seem reasonable?   Does this merit conversation among all moderators?   I’m 100 percent serious and sincere.   I’d be as impacted as any poster. 

I hope I’ve given you some good food for thought…. 

@Superman    @NFLfan  

For crying out loud get some thicker skin. 

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have not been following much NFL news today and was not aware of JT's new contract demands. Is he requesting $20 million per year? If so, I think that is unrealistic.

It’s not official and the person on Twitter who posted it is not a reporter or insider for the NFL. They’re just a random poster who threw the number out. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness gracious.   This wasn’t offered for my benefit.  It was offered for the benefit of the entire community.   But I appreciate you missing the point.  

I was not clear,  and it wasn’t about you. For anyone offended by an emoji on an anonymous message board needs some thicker skin or seek help. 

• Thanks 1